IGN Reviews The Fight: Lights Out (3/10)

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I couldn't find anywhere this was posted. The review said the game was pretty bad and didn't control very well. Thoughts?

Link.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Haven't played it and I don't own a move.... But I am not surprised that motion control games score poorly. CheapyD talked about it on a podcast like over a month ago and he said it was TERRIBLE and I generally agree with that dude.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Good, I understand nothing original anymore and someone has to innovate but the Move is a new low.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Launch titles usually blow. Give it some time.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Dang...I was just about to make a signature that said, "If you have PlayStation Move and don't have The Fight: Lights Out, you're doing it wrong!"

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Ospov

To do what, exactly?

This is not Sony's first rodeo, and the Wii has been out for an eternity so they've seen what works, what sells, and what doesn't... It's not like Sony is feeling around in the dark, here. What are they waiting for, do you figure? It would seem to me that they would understand that if they don't get something out there that's even close to a killer app, they're going to lose everyone's interest? Quickly?

The way I see it, this thing is going the way of the EyeToy... Neat idea that gets used for a marginal game or two and then slips off into obscurity. Motion control is no longer the fire amongst cavemen it once was. People aren't going to buy it for the pretty colored globe and wave it around for no reason. The hardware needs a reason to exist.

I still see none, yet. Watered down copies of Wii titles which had their attraction in the day, is not forging "ahead".

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Awww, that's too bad. Looked good. Hopefully there will be some positive reviews, although at this point I doubt it.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Ha, knew it would suck after the video of that buggy demo

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
I havent used my move in a while, nothing to play on it, thank god I didnt buy two move controllers
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#10 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Hopefully the move won't fall into obscurity. But it most likely will.

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

ouch. and i was planning on buying the move bundle around xmas....looks like i might *might* wait a bit, and see what else will be made.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

ouch. and i was planning on buying the move bundle around xmas....looks like i might *might* wait a bit, and see what else will be made.

OrcsP2

See that's my problem with motion controls. People don't buy it for the games, they buy into the novelty of it. The games have looked unimpressive from the start, but people don't seem to care.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Ouch, oh well, that was unexpected.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

i don't see how that game got that score:?

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ospov

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

MonkeySpot

To do what, exactly?

This is not Sony's first rodeo, and the Wii has been out for an eternity so they've seen what works, what sells, and what doesn't... It's not like Sony is feeling around in the dark, here. What are they waiting for, do you figure? It would seem to me that they would understand that if they don't get something out there that's even close to a killer app, they're going to lose everyone's interest? Quickly?

The way I see it, this thing is going the way of the EyeToy... Neat idea that gets used for a marginal game or two and then slips off into obscurity. Motion control is no longer the fire amongst cavemen it once was. People aren't going to buy it for the pretty colored globe and wave it around for no reason. The hardware needs a reason to exist.

I still see none, yet. Watered down copies of Wii titles which had their attraction in the day, is not forging "ahead".

I'm not saying it's going to revolutionize everything, but it's pretty well known that some of the worst games for a platform come out right when the platform is launched. It's because developers haven't had a ton of time to work with the technology and they're on a tight timeline. Saying the move controller is going to suck because of one lousy game isn't really being fair to the controller. I don't have a move controller yet so I can't really comment on how well it works overall, but it supposedly works very well with certain games...just not this one. I don't really see it catching on either (at least not right now), but it could still be fun. I'll probably get one or two for Christmas and get some games for it down the road. Hopefully they'll come out with some really good games that have move support early next year and we can all just forget about this game lol

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Their not saying that the Move controller sucks, their just saying regards to software, the launch excuse doesn't hold up. That's like saying you expect 3D(regular 3D) games to be crappy with the launch of every console, everybody knows the right way and the wrong way to do a 3D game. This game and pretty much all the Move launch titles are takes on Wii games that came out 4yrs ago, Sony didn't just come up with this thing last week. They've had years to see what works and what doesn't; same goes for every developer, whether they have worked on the Wii or not. You know what works, you know what is perceived well by the audience and two drunken dudes beating the hell out of each other in alley with unresponsive controls is probably not on the "They love it" list. I saw someone say that people buy motion controls for novelty purposes and that's incorrect. People bought the Wii because Wii Sports was a blast to play; Sony on the other hand right now is trying to sell it as a novelty by producing similar games of lesser quality.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

Ospov

To do what, exactly?

I'm not saying it's going to revolutionize everything, but it's pretty well known that some of the worst games for a platform come out right when the platform is launched. It's because developers haven't had a ton of time to work with the technology and they're on a tight timeline. 1. Saying the move controller is going to suck because of one lousy game isn't really being fair to the controller. I don't have a move controller yet so I can't really comment on how well it works overall, but it supposedly works very well with certain games...just not this one. I don't really see it catching on either (at least not right now), but it could still be fun. I'll probably get one or two for Christmas and get some games for it down the road. 2. Hopefully they'll come out with some really good games that have move support early next year and we can all just forget about this game lol

1. I never said the controller sucked. I said that they had ample time to make the gizmo and promote it, but if there weren't any games which demanded it or made anything better, then they should have waited on it's release until they had stronger support from developers, or perhaps not done it at all, and saved a lot of R&D money, start-up costs for making the device, and other resources which could have been alocated to making something exciting for the PS3 instead. What I said was the magic/ wow factor of Motion Controls has cooled way off and they need to do something to impress us as potential buyers. The tech on the device is pretty bulletproof, but without application, the most accurate and user-friendly device will fail. Seeing shovelware this close to the device's launch is not a good sign. It makes the promotion of the device seem hollow, and they really can't afford that right now, nor can we as consumers on a limited budget.

So their business plan sucks, if anything. Without a tremendous bit of programming, the best hardware in the world goes limp. Sega Dreamcast was a fantastic machine and arguably a better machine than the original PS2,, but the library was beat out by Sony anyway. So the Dreamcast died.

2. I don't have the kind of throw-around cash it would take to make this leap of faith, but if you do, then I will hope that for your sake, they do sudden;y spring something out of nowhere for you. But if you listen to podcasts (some on this very website), they're starting to lose faith that anything good is coming in the forseeable future. I would like to remain positive too, but I can't turn over a base $150 on being hopeful for a brighter day coming. They need to be showing that 'Someday' right now.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I knew buying the Move at launch would be a mistake. -__-
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

i don't see how that game got that score:?

Vader993
Because it's awful perhaps?
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Sony should have had a decent line up of titles ready to go with the launch of Move.. as said, they've seen the Wii and know what has been done.. and doesn't seem they are even coming close, let alone going forward and leaving the Wii in the dust. Hoepfully they will come out with some awesome stuff for it soon.. until then i wont be spending my money getting Move.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Check out the iwaggle3d.com review instead. IGN's review is shaping up to be the exception.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Ospov

Yes, look for 2011 to have better games that use The Move.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

Good, I understand nothing original anymore and someone has to innovate but the Move is a new low.Fightingfan
have you tried it at all first to make such claims or are you basing this only on another person's reviews?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

clr84651

Yes, look for 2011 to have better games that use The Move.

What do you base your optomism on? Do you have a list of games, or even one in development you can name? I'm curious... because if you don't, and you're just hoping, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell...

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Haven't played it and I don't own a move.... But I am not surprised that motion control games score poorly. CheapyD talked about it on a podcast like over a month ago and he said it was TERRIBLE and I generally agree with that dude.MethodManFTW

Awesome sig man! If your getting BloodStone too, lemme know and we can play some online together.;) (finally someone I know who's getting this game probably!:cry: )

Also the review is quite sad, I thought this game (despite looking pretty bad) could have some potential since it "was" pushed back.:P

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Good, I understand nothing original anymore and someone has to innovate but the Move is a new low.hiryu3

have you tried it at all first to make such claims or are you basing this only on another person's reviews?

Personal experience, I don't make false accusation when I say something "sucks" I won't say it "sucks" unless I've have first hand experience or knowledge.
Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
good score i might pick this one up
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MonkeySpot

good score i might pick this one upChrome-

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ospov

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

To do what, exactly?

MonkeySpot

I'm not saying it's going to revolutionize everything, but it's pretty well known that some of the worst games for a platform come out right when the platform is launched. It's because developers haven't had a ton of time to work with the technology and they're on a tight timeline. 1. Saying the move controller is going to suck because of one lousy game isn't really being fair to the controller. I don't have a move controller yet so I can't really comment on how well it works overall, but it supposedly works very well with certain games...just not this one. I don't really see it catching on either (at least not right now), but it could still be fun. I'll probably get one or two for Christmas and get some games for it down the road. 2. Hopefully they'll come out with some really good games that have move support early next year and we can all just forget about this game lol

1. I never said the controller sucked. I said that they had ample time to make the gizmo and promote it, but if there weren't any games which demanded it or made anything better, then they should have waited on it's release until they had stronger support from developers, or perhaps not done it at all, and saved a lot of R&D money, start-up costs for making the device, and other resources which could have been alocated to making something exciting for the PS3 instead. What I said was the magic/ wow factor of Motion Controls has cooled way off and they need to do something to impress us as potential buyers. The tech on the device is pretty bulletproof, but without application, the most accurate and user-friendly device will fail. Seeing shovelware this close to the device's launch is not a good sign. It makes the promotion of the device seem hollow, and they really can't afford that right now, nor can we as consumers on a limited budget.

So their business plan sucks, if anything. Without a tremendous bit of programming, the best hardware in the world goes limp. Sega Dreamcast was a fantastic machine and arguably a better machine than the original PS2,, but the library was beat out by Sony anyway. So the Dreamcast died.

2. I don't have the kind of throw-around cash it would take to make this leap of faith, but if you do, then I will hope that for your sake, they do sudden;y spring something out of nowhere for you. But if you listen to podcasts (some on this very website), they're starting to lose faith that anything good is coming in the forseeable future. I would like to remain positive too, but I can't turn over a base $150 on being hopeful for a brighter day coming. They need to be showing that 'Someday' right now.

These quotes are getting awfully long :P

For your #1, I know you didn't say the controller itself sucked, but you implied that the whole Move-controller platform was shaping up to be pretty lousy since it didn't have any good games. Right now you're probably right. I don't see any killer apps and the games that are made soley for the Move seem pretty shallow and similar to the minigame shovelware that plagues the Wii. But just because it has some crappy games doesn't mean that there aren't some good ones hidden in there somewhere. That's pretty much all I was getting at.

And for #2, I already have the camera so it would only be $50 for me to start up with a Move controller and it wouldn't be as hard for me to jump into as you. I can understand why people would be hesitant to drop that kind of money though for something they are unsure of. The things I'm most excited for aren't Move-specific games though. The things I'm most excited for are normal games that have optional Move support. Games like Heavy Rain, MAG, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, Dead Space Extraction that comes with Dead Space 2, etc. I could really care less for the little gimmick games that they're coming out with right now.

So yeah the Move might not be some must-have add-on for the PS3, but I still think it could be fun in the right games.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

*sigh*... as usual, in the process of promoting its "new" technology, Sony manages to stumble coming out of the gate in terms of its launch software. I haven't had the chance to play Lights Out, but I can't imagine a game that got a score of 3, from a fairly lenient review site, is awfully good. Why was it necessary to spend money "developing" and publishing a game that concentrates more on a peripheral rather than on the actual gameplay/depth/etc.? -- That's a poor business decision. I mean, what did Sony think, people will just buy ****ty software to try out an optional "substitute" to the already well-crafted DS3? Why doesn't Sony understand that the Move is nothing by its lonesome and that it NEEDS quality software to go along with it (and i'm hopeful that games like KZ3, HR, etc will provide that support). I understand that Sony wants to target a new "casual" audience, but it's not like casual gamers can't tell when a game is crap. And considering Nintendo offers something similar and at a lower price, Sony needs to put more effort into the "actual software," which properly utilizes the full functionality of the MOVE, if Sony ever hopes to effectively compete.

Now, I don't doubt the possibility that the Move will be better applied in the future, nor do I think that this is the end for the MOVE -these would be ludicrous assumptions at best- but it is undeniable that Sony started off on the wrong foot once again. And considering how skeptical today's shopper is, there's no excuse for poor launch software.

NOTE: I think it's necessary to divulge that I don't dislike the Move it by any means. I had the chance to try it out with that one sports game in a store and though it was fairly precise.

EDIT: Came out as a wall of text.. twice

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

See that's my problem with motion controls. People don't buy it for the games, they buy into the novelty of it.

Gxgear

That's exactly my opinion as well.

smsnsimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 smsnsimba
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

Ospov

To do what, exactly?

I'm not saying it's going to revolutionize everything, but it's pretty well known that some of the worst games for a platform come out right when the platform is launched. It's because developers haven't had a ton of time to work with the technology and they're on a tight timeline. Saying the move controller is going to suck because of one lousy game isn't really being fair to the controller. I don't have a move controller yet so I can't really comment on how well it works overall, but it supposedly works very well with certain games...just not this one. I don't really see it catching on either (at least not right now), but it could still be fun. I'll probably get one or two for Christmas and get some games for it down the road. Hopefully they'll come out with some really good games that have move support early next year and we can all just forget about this game lol

If the fight lights out sucks, it's the way the game was made, and not the hardware. I just bought The Move this weekend and have been blown away with the gladiator fighting game and ping pong. The game tracks so quickly that I can't detect any lag which is awesome. It was actually my biggest fear prior to the purchase. In Gladiator duels, you can use one move controller as a shield and the second controls your sword. It's amazing how orienting the blade by rotating the handle can make you deal a blow with the cutting edge or the flat part(if you use a club this becomes less important.) In ping pong what amazes me is that i can slice the ball and put back spin on in...top spin, left spin, or whatever. Kudos to those developers for the accuracy of the hits and physics. The Move works, and it works very well. I'm looking forward to seeing quality implementation.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
I knew buying the Move at launch would be a mistake. -__-MushroomWig
yea, same here
Jes0130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jes0130
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Wow 3/10. Earlier previews gave it too much justice I guess. I remember seeing a vid on youtube and while he didn't say it was great, he didn't say it was 3/10 worthy either. But then, I could have expected this.
BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts
something fishy about that ign review...check this one out instead...check out the video the reviewer posts in the comment section of that review...the controls look very very precise...

Here's a whole other perspective....

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
the thing i can't believe is that they scored kung fu rider more than this..
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
IGN gave tumble 3.5 and Gamespot gave it an 8. I give it a 8.5. IGN is lame, cant spell IGNorant without IGN
NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

Ok I bought this game a few days ago. And for all those who read the IGN review like sheeple and took their word for it. Then this is for you. The IGN review is the most inacurate review I've ever read about a game. And btw. There are a lot of good reviews for this game.

So I'll quote the IGN review and then dispute it.

IGN: "Starting with a fairly robust character-creation mode, the game immediately follows into a series of unintentionally-hilarious video tutorials hosted by none other than 'Machete himself', actor Danny Trejo"

Now what is strange here, is that Danny Trejo IS holding two playstation Move controllers in his hand. I honestly think this introduction is tongue in cheek more than anything and totally lost on this aussie guy reviewer.

IGN: "After undertaking a laborious calibration process (which happens before every single fight)"

The laborious calibration process that IGN talks about here is really just something that takes 3 seconds. Seriously. You just put your arms out, and then under your chin. How laborious is that?

IGN: "You'd think that blocking would be as simple as holding your dukes up towards your face, but many times we would lose calibration and would have to hold the O button on the PS Move to calibrate the fighter in the right direction again."

Now. I really don't know what this guy is talking about here. The blocking is really as simply as holding your fists up. However maybe this guy has never been in a street fight and realize that you have to hold your hands higher than a boxer. Simply because you have no gloves. And I have no idea why this guy was losing calibration. This has not happened to me.

IGN: "This can feel extremely unnatural and it'll take some time to get used to pressing it before you think about throwing your hands up."

This guy must be seriously retarded.

IGN: "Throwing punches seems like something that'd work quite naturally with the PS Move controller. Unfortunately, this isn't the case."

If you calibrate your controls properly. The game has VERY GOOD 1:1 tracking. When you rotate your wrists it even picks that up. When you hold the PS Move , you automatically make a fist. So why the hell doesn't this feel natural? He said unfortunately this isn't the case. But it is.

"No matter how hard and fast you throw your punches, your on-screen counterpart moves with the speed and precision of a blindfolded senior citizen trying to whack a piñata"

When you start the game you guy isn't weak or slow. But you need to train him up. Like I said before the game has 1:1 tracking. If you don't throw a fast and hard punch, then the game doesn't do that either. The reason his character was slow and weak was clearly down to him.

The Fight is trying to be a simulation, NOT an arcade game. You can't be lazy playing this game.

IGN: I kept finding that while some of the time my punches would hit their target, I'd also have a frustrating amount of my punches go way off the mark.

Again. This game has 1:1 tracking. This is soley down to the guy being physically inept.

IGN: It also doesn't help that even when your punches do connect, they are weak and ineffectual.

Again. Down to him. But you can train your character up to make him stronger, faster, etc etc Something this guy does not mention.

IGN: As the game requires you to stand in the same spot for the entirety of the fight, moving around at all will cause the camera to misplace you, making your punches even more inaccurate than they already are.

You have to be an idiot if you cannot stay in one spot and throw straights, jabs, uppercuts, crosses etc etc.

IGN: "Add to this the fact that most of opponents keep just walking backwards, or other ****c fighting tactics, such as constantly walking around you in a circle and you will be spending much of the fight not punching with one hand because you're holding your controller forward in an effort to catch up."

If you don't throw, your opponents come to you. But moving forward by pressing the move button and tilting it is not that hard at all.

IGN: "Unfortunately, despite being in a well-lit room, the game would tell us that our lighting condition was 'terrible'"

And there you have it folks. This guy was playing the game in terrible lighting conditions. Now I don't know how. I've played this game in all times of the day. In natural lighting and with the lights switched on. The lighting conditions were excellent at all times. Despite them varying.

Now if you DO play this game in terrible lighting conditions then your going to be pretty bad at the game. I don't have to explain why do I?

The IGN review is the most unproffesional inacurate review out there for a game. He doesn't even mention online or the training routines. It's obvious that this guy has played it for 20 minutes. Got his assed kicked, got tired, didn't know what he was doing and then made that crap review.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Not too surprising to me since motion controlled games tend to be really crappy to begin with

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NukleaWorfair

Not too surprising to me since motion controlled games tend to be really crappy to begin with

bigboss1203
What's not surprising to you?
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MonkeySpot

So you like it and most everyone else doesn't. No offense, but did you really need to revive an almost month-dead post for that? Just put it in your blog or review the game in your profile.

PS - I've seen a lot of people complain about the exact same issues IGN had noted, and video reviews & demonstrations on YouTube that contradict most of what your break-down lists as positive points. The game looked interesting to me, but further investigation showed it to be shovelware, and that's what the comment about the game being a half-baked game with Launch-Title disease was pointing out. To a lot of gamers, Motion controls a niche play device, and a lot of the controls are basic gimmicks for selling less-than-complete games or ideas. But try not to take that so personally.

Glad you found things to enjoy in the game, but I don't believe for a heartbeat that so many people have come up with the same criticisms about the title and it's all just a mass hallucination on their part. I think you are in a definite minority in finding the game to be worth $60.

Cheers.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NukleaWorfair

So you like it and most everyone else doesn't. No offense, but did you really need to revive an almost month-dead post for that? Just put it in your blog or review the game in your profile.

PS - I've seen a lot of people complain about the exact same issues IGN had noted, and video reviews & demonstrations on YouTube that contradict most of what your break-down lists as positive points. The game looked interesting to me, but further investigation showed it to be shovelware, and that's what the comment about the game being a half-baked game with Launch-Title disease was pointing out. To a lot of gamers, Motion controls a niche play device, and a lot of the controls are basic gimmicks for selling less-than-complete games or ideas. But try not to take that so personally.

Glad you found things to enjoy in the game, but I don't believe for a heartbeat that so many people have come up with the same criticisms about the title and it's all just a mass hallucination on their part. I think you are in a definite minority in finding the game to be worth $60.

Cheers.

MonkeySpot

If I like it and most everyone else doesn't. Then why when I go to amazon.com. I find 90% of people give the game a 4/5 rating or above out of 42 customers? Bareing in mind that these are the people who have actually purchased the game. And I haven't even done my review over there, so make that 43.

Now I went on youtube to find the same issues that you speak of, and what was the first video I come to?

watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moakj4HhP08

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

I never liked motion gaming anyway. It blows.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NukleaWorfair
LOL, I didn't like motion gaming either. But after playing the Fight at a friends house, I bought two move controllers and the game.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

If I like it and most everyone else doesn't. Then why when I go to amazon.com. I find 90% of people give the game a 4/5 rating or above out of 42 customers?

NukleaWorfair
I was bored so I actually had a look at some of those "reviews". I had a good laugh. I think my favorite was: "You're instantly introduced to "Duke", your virtual trainer who looks like he's been in a couple fights himself in his day (the graphics are so detailed it's hard to tell if he's a real person or a computer-generated image)." So yeah, obviously videos of Danny Trejo are detailed graphics now. It seems that most people who posted there played a video game for the first time in their lives and just want to lose some weight.
NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NukleaWorfair
[QUOTE="NukleaWorfair"]

If I like it and most everyone else doesn't. Then why when I go to amazon.com. I find 90% of people give the game a 4/5 rating or above out of 42 customers?

nethernova
I was bored so I actually had a look at some of those "reviews". I had a good laugh. I think my favorite was: "You're instantly introduced to "Duke", your virtual trainer who looks like he's been in a couple fights himself in his day (the graphics are so detailed it's hard to tell if he's a real person or a computer-generated image)." So yeah, obviously videos of Danny Trejo are detailed graphics now. It seems that most people who posted there played a video game for the first time in their lives and just want to lose some weight.

So are you going to dispute all them customers just because of one dude? OK. What about metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-fight-lights-out/user-reviews
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonkeySpot

Yeah... I see that there are a ton of folks agreeing with you. Dude, artificially inflating a rating on Amazon is hardly a new technique for companies looking to sell a product. I stand by my post, 100%. Have a good time, enjoy your game, and accept that folks on THIS forum widely disagree with you. It doesn't make you "wrong", but no one else here digs it. Get over it and move (no pun intended) on.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NukleaWorfair

Yeah... I see that there are a ton of folks agreeing with you. Dude, artificially inflating a rating on Amazon is hardly a new technique for companies looking to sell a product. I stand by my post, 100%. Have a good time, enjoy your game, and accept that folks on THIS forum widely disagree with you. It doesn't make you "wrong", but no one else here digs it. Get over it and move (no pun intended) on.

MonkeySpot

Ok, dispute amazon and metacritic user reviews by proclaiming most if not everyone of them user reviews were written by people from the company that created the game. Which I think is clutching at straws. But. If your going to disagree with me, then disagree. But don't go and make things up. i.e saying that everyone on this forum (that have played the game) thinks this game sucks. If that is the case. Why is the dedicated gamespot forum to "The Fight" full of people who have nothing but good things to say about this game? I suppose that forum is full of posters from the company too huh? All I did was dispute the IGN review. Which is one of the most inacurate reviews I've ever read. That is all. Yet your trying to dispute everything I've said here without talking about the actual game. Which makes me think you haven't played it.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

NukleaWorfair

Ok, dispute amazon and metacritic user reviews by proclaiming most if not everyone of them user reviews were written by people from the company that created the game. Which I think is clutching at straws. But. If your going to disagree with me, then disagree. But don't go and make things up. i.e saying that everyone on this forum (that have played the game) thinks this game sucks. If that is the case. Why is the dedicated gamespot forum to "The Fight" full of people who have nothing but good things to say about this game? I suppose that forum is full of posters from the company too huh? All I did was dispute the IGN review. Which is one of the most inacurate reviews I've ever read. That is all. Yet your trying to dispute everything I've said here without talking about the actual game. Which makes me think you haven't played it.

Here's a quarter. Find a phone and call someone who cares, seriously. If you like it, mazeltov. Go with God. Peace be unto you. Glad you're happy. But you're not changing my mind nor does it look like (in two threads) anyone else is getting up to help your argument. Why do you care so much? Honestly, you're starting to sound like a shil for the devs yourself... I'm beginning to wonder about you, but I've decided not to waste any more of my time or thought about you or this middling, half-baked motion control game.

Peace. I won't be back, you can run on and on about the game's quality all you like, but it's a tree falling in a forest with no one to hear.