idea for a openworld game, what do u guys think?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

ok i was just watching madmax road warrior tring to get my self in the mood to play some fallout NV and i got to thinkig, wouldnt it be cool to have a open world game like fallout 3 and NV with open ended game play ect ect, but instead of just walking around this HUGE world, you could also drive. like a fully realized driveing game mixed with a fallout'ish open worlf FPS RPG. many def kinds of cars and trucks, all of them beat to heck and back and jerry rigged ect, and fuly modable and customizable. super charges NOS, aromor plates ect, the cars could be as much a character as your .... well character. Maybe even a lisensed madmax game? have enemies that could attack you in there own rides as your driveing down a wore out old highway, scronging for gas just like you do for ammo ect in the fallout games.And have a cockpit view sorta like farcry2 had. basicly a fallout 3 like game with a big focus on cars. i dont know, i know farcry 2 kinda tried this, and personaly i didnt care for it a whole lot in that game but if it was implamented well i think it could be fun. when i think of playing a game like that i sort of think of the LV in halflife 2 were you drove the dune buggy car along that old lonly stretch of HW while fighting the ant monsters. You could stop and explore a few places ect. That kinda vib is what i was thinking.

Maybe picture this,You know your driveing along, the sun is starting to set,your cars mufflers are pumping a nice brutish hum from your old beat up 5 liter V8, Some moody lonely music is playing in the back ground, your trying to make it to the next town/safe zone and BAM your attacked by a few motorcycle raiders or a couple cars with guys shooting at you, you can try and out run them but does your car have the HP to beat them? can that cheap armor you bought a few towns back handle the 44mag rounds there shooting at you? Do you have enough gas to run all full throttle for any leangth of time, should you use that pricy and rare NOS spray to get some distance or worse do they have NOS? Will your Wore out v8 handle the stress or will it, after so many miles and battles finaly throw a rod or bust a head gasket ? should you try and evade them off road or try and stop for a shoot out? Sounds like it could be fun if it was done well, maybe even hoped up on next gen console power?. What do you guys think? And please for give my spelling,its 4 am lol.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

The Saboteur did that. It was a shooter set in a huge open world in and around Paris. You could drive a very large assortment of vehicles, from trucks to nitrous-equipped race cars. Some had weapons on them so you could shoot the Nazis that were constantly after you. And you could drive any military vehicle you could get your hands on, up to and including tanks. My favorite was driving through fields and running over cows, which exploded into huge chunks of meat :lol:

Rage kind of did that too, with upgradeable dune buggies that you could race and also engage in plenty of car vs. car combat during the regular parts of the game.