I think sony should come out with an extremly down graded verison of the PS3...

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dogmatic923
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts

I think they should first make a ps3 that hasa stripped downblue ray player or DVD that devs could still make games on for both verison, if thats even possiable. This way if someone really wants the dvd player in their ps3 they would just end up buying the $600 version. I think they should take out the WIFI, and drop the 60gb down to a 30 gb. Also, take out all backwards capabilities technology. Then sell the system for $300 without a wireless controller and with a wired one. Also, take out the HDMI ports it that save money too.

This way they get there price cut without having to lose more money and go into the red zone deeper. They would probably reach deep into the 100 million fan pool all more.

And right before i would launch this down graded version, i would have MGS3, FFIII, and KZ2 (assuming it would live up to the hype) ready forbuyingthe same day as the new console.

I think they would sell millions more consoles, and then they could focus on getting more third party support. After, two of the down graded versiion is or they started seeing that they have broke even or was making a profit drop the down graded verison and introduce our 600 version for 450, and then have another ps3, that would have some amazing features like playing 600 channels of tv through the ps3 that would rival any satilight or cable networks. and beable to fully fuction as a fast pc. Alos, coming up with a brilliant new control system that dwarfs the wii. Then i would not sell very many and cause the gaming divion to go into the red, but i would slowily introduce it into the market at 150 more than it would cost to make, probabley around 800. I wwould want to market it so the games would look more like an a side thing rather than a gaming system. I would want to target fathers, and not moms, kids. It would have every sports channle. easy to use recording devise to be able to record several games at once then watch them all latter. If the PS3 is really 1/4 the power of a super computer i would take full advatage of every thing i could and market it to the real descison makers. THe dads

setyono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 setyono
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts
This is much better, why don't Sony stop selling PS3? You prefer that? No BD player? no backwards capabilities? no HDMI? sounds like the other console to me. Sigh. Get some job then you could afford that.
AlienOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 AlienOverlord
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts
Sony must be looking for you right now, you're a goldmine of good ideas. Maybe you have ideas for 800 movies starring Adam Sandler you could pitch to the movie studios?
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dogmatic923
This is much better, why don't Sony stop selling PS3? You prefer that? No BD player? no backwards capabilities? no HDMI? sounds like the other console to me. Sigh. Get some job then you could afford that.setyono
um, you missed my point, still leave the system we have in tack, and still sell it. BUT have a downgraded version avalibe for extremly cheap people.
setyono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 setyono

[QUOTE="setyono"]This is much better, why don't Sony stop selling PS3? You prefer that? No BD player? no backwards capabilities? no HDMI? sounds like the other console to me. Sigh. Get some job then you could afford that.Dogmatic923
um, you missed my point, still leave the system we have in tack, and still sell it. BUT have a downgraded version avalibe for extremly cheap people.

downgraded PS3 is fine, but not that extreme. no BD no backward capability and no HDMI, I bought the PS3 because it can play BD movies, ps2 and ps1 games, and also displaying 1080p. That's the main reason I bought it. So those features should be kept.

aznkid2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aznkid2o9
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
oh so you were being serious here....hmmm. Ok you see with your gimped version it isn't impossible, but what you'd be asking developers to do is basically create 2 different versions of a game for the ps3, while they already have a hard enough time creating it for the ps3 at all. And after taking out all that stuff you'd still suggest they price it at $300?
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dogmatic923
Sony must be looking for you right now, you're a goldmine of good ideas. Maybe you have ideas for 800 movies starring Adam Sandler you could pitch to the movie studios?
AlienOverlord
well, actually people thought of ways of putting movies on the big screen without having high paid actors and only a hand held camra that made millions. All they needed was a goodidea. besides, seeing how cheap people are, these people already have a ps2,they can't afford or are not willing to pay for a 600 system they dont want quality. Therefore, even if they had a blue ray player right now they probably wouldn't even want to spend extra cash just to buy the movies. Its simple logic used even at fast food joints. YOU have a 99 cents menu for broke people, and then you have you delux six dollor burgers for people who don't mind blowing cash. It seems only 5% out of the 100 million user fan base was really down with paying top dollor for a gaming system. Now if they can tap into the other 95% we will see a new head line "SONY tops Nintendos market cap" and not visa versa
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
that wouldn't work.
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dogmatic923

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="setyono"]This is much better, why don't Sony stop selling PS3? You prefer that? No BD player? no backwards capabilities? no HDMI? sounds like the other console to me. Sigh. Get some job then you could afford that.setyono

downgraded PS3 is fine, but not that extreme. no BD no backward capability and no HDMI, I bought the PS3 because it can play BD movies, ps2 and ps1 games, and also displaying 1080p. That's the main reason I bought it. So those features should be kept.

thats fine, but what about the people who don't care about that stuff? like i said, leave the opion for people like us and then make a stripped version for people without alot of money. Besides, if some of these people are hard up for a 600 system, you think they even know what a HDMI is for? They probably don't even have a HDTV. People with this type of technology are a minority, we should have both products for both worlds.
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dogmatic923

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="setyono"]This is much better, why don't Sony stop selling PS3? You prefer that? No BD player? no backwards capabilities? no HDMI? sounds like the other console to me. Sigh. Get some job then you could afford that.setyono

thats fine, but what about the people who don't care about that stuff? like i said, leave the opion for people like us and then make a stripped version for people without alot of money. Besides, if some of these people are hard up for a 600 system, you think they even know what a HDMI is for? They probably don't even have a HDTV. People with this type of technology are a minority, we should have both products for both worlds.
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dogmatic923
oh so you were being serious here....hmmm. Ok you see with your gimped version it isn't impossible, but what you'd be asking developers to do is basically create 2 different versions of a game for the ps3, while they already have a hard enough time creating it for the ps3 at all. And after taking out all that stuff you'd still suggest they price it at $300? aznkid2o9
good point about the BR thing i forgot they used that too to make games. Um, only if there was some way to not have to use that expensive blue ray player to make quailit games. Anyway, i think there should be a console that it made for not the elites like us. JEEZ, what the Wii is only playing in 420p or 420i right? If there was an exttremly down graded version that just played current geration games i know it would sell to the masses. Case people like us who are hyper critical when it comes to things like this are a true minority in the big picture and the sales stats don't lie.
The_Jerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Jerm
Member since 2005 • 471 Posts
you mean like the Sidekick iD kind of thing?
AlienOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlienOverlord

Wow, I really thought you were making a joke thread. When the X360 and PS3 were still just rumors I had been excited about both systems. When I found out the X360 would have a version that didn't have a hard drive i was immediately turned off. Why make two versions of a system that have different specs? That just means the developpers have to make games for the weaker version which would mean there is no point in making the better version. The X360 can't use the hard drive to help load things faster while playing a game and because the HD Dvd drive is sold seperatly no games will ever be made using the extra space that HD dvd affords.

Had sony followed your plan from the beggining then there wouldn't be any games on Bluray or any games that run at 1080p. People could buy the delux $5 burger version of the PS3 but it could only play games made for the 99 cent value PS3.

paracardium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 paracardium
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
LOL that's a big NO 'm happy with PS3 the way it is .
AlienOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AlienOverlord

If there was an exttremly down graded version that just played current geration games i know it would sell to the masses. Case people like us who are hyper critical when it comes to things like this are a true minority in the big picture and the sales stats don't lie. Dogmatic923

There is an extremely downgraded version, it's called PS2. You're right, it did sell to the masses. It's still got games coming out so you can play it until you're ready to buy an HDTV and step up to the current generation of gaming and buy a PS3.

jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jdogthebomb09
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts
[QUOTE="setyono"]

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="setyono"]This is much better, why don't Sony stop selling PS3? You prefer that? No BD player? no backwards capabilities? no HDMI? sounds like the other console to me. Sigh. Get some job then you could afford that.Dogmatic923

That's what the whole transition period is for. Yeah, some people might not know what that is, but that's why people are still buying PS2's. If you want a worthless PS3, then fine, but don't think that the other world should miss out on everything the PS3 has to offer.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
That would screw over developers that are making games solely for blu-ray disc, plus games that are out now are blu-ray only so they'd have to release all them games again on DVD.
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dogmatic923

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"]If there was an exttremly down graded version that just played current geration games i know it would sell to the masses. Case people like us who are hyper critical when it comes to things like this are a true minority in the big picture and the sales stats don't lie. AlienOverlord

There is an extremely downgraded version, it's called PS2. You're right, it did sell to the masses. It's still got games coming out so you can play it until you're ready to buy an HDTV and step up to the current generation of gaming and buy a PS3.

well i have a ps3 and a 360 with a 24 inch samsung with a total of 18 games all together, 16 on 360 and 2 on ps3. I'm just saying the ps3 are too advance for some people to offored, i was just trying to think of ways that it could make it sale better so it would have more consoles with more third party support. Having a 600 dollar price tag on a gaming system really narrows down the market of costumers. if they could get rid of some things to make it more affordable, as an option for some people, while at the same time serving the hardcores, then i don't know why people like you would have a problem with it
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dogmatic923
[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="setyono"]

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="setyono"]This is much better, why don't Sony stop selling PS3? You prefer that? No BD player? no backwards capabilities? no HDMI? sounds like the other console to me. Sigh. Get some job then you could afford that.jdogthebomb09

That's what the whole transition period is for. Yeah, some people might not know what that is, but that's why people are still buying PS2's. If you want a worthless PS3, then fine, but don't think that the other world should miss out on everything the PS3 has to offer.

well they are missing out on the ps3 gaming exerpance already cause they cant afford one, by having them have an oppurtuinity to have a ps3 without all the bells and whilstes which they otherwise couldn't afford would not be a bad thing you know
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

I think they should first make a ps3 that has no blue ray player or DVD player for that matter in it. This way if someone really wants the dvd player in their ps3 they would just end up buying the $600 version. I think they should take out the WIFI, and drop the 60 gig down to a 30 gig. Also, take out all backwards capabilities technology. Then sell the system for $300 without a wireless controller and with a wired one. Also, take out the HDMI ports it that save money too.

This way they get there price cut without having to lose more money and go into the red zone deeper. They would probably reach deep into the 100 million fan pool all more.

And right before i would launch this down graded version, i would have MGS3, FFIII, and KZ2 (assuming it would live up to the hype) ready forbuyingthe same day as the new console.

I think they would sell millions more consoles, and then they could focus on getting more third party support. After, two or three years of the down graded version for sale on the market or they started seeing that they have broke even or was making a profit, thendrop the down graded verison down to 200 and introduce our 600 version for 450, and then have another ps3, that would have some amazing features like playing 600 channels of tv through the ps3 that would rival any satilight or cable networks. and be able to fully fuction as a fast high end pc. Alos, coming up with a brilliant new control system that dwarfs the wii. Then i would not sell very many and cause i wouldn't want the gaming divison to go into the red, but i would slowily introduce it into the market at 150 more than it would cost to make, probabley around 800. This woiuld hopefully create a higher demand. I would want to market it so the games would look more like an a side thing rather than a gaming system. I would want to target fathers, and not moms, orkids. It would have every sports channle. easy to use recording devise to be able to record several games at once then watch them all latter. If the PS3 is really 1/4 the power of a super computer i would take full advatage of every thing i could and market it to the real descison makers. THe dads, however included in the marketingploy i would makesure dads would really want it and do a segement on how the whole family could enjoy it, for games, etc.but for starters, they first need to rebound and tap into the semi gamers market to help establish its self.

Dogmatic923

Done before, its called a PS2.

Puppa_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Puppa_Shogun
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
Why not wait for a price drop or until you have the money like everyone else? Cheap or not if you want it badly enough you will get it.
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dogmatic923
Why not wait for a price drop or until you have the money like everyone else? Cheap or not if you want it badly enough you will get it.Puppa_Shogun
i have it, im just worried sony ps3 will flop. I just bought it like a month ago, and after that ihave been reading all the threads about the pros and cons on the ps3 and things just don't look good for it right now much like the hardware problems make the 360 look bad. i never cared until i bought the system myself and now i want to see it be a success
Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
I don't see how downgrading a console will help it to succeed.
setyono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 setyono

[QUOTE="Puppa_Shogun"]Why not wait for a price drop or until you have the money like everyone else? Cheap or not if you want it badly enough you will get it.Dogmatic923
i have it, im just worried sony ps3 will flop. I just bought it like a month ago, and after that ihave been reading all the threads about the pros and cons on the ps3 and things just don't look good for it right now much like the hardware problems make the 360 look bad. i never cared until i bought the system myself and now i want to see it be a success

ps3 wont flop. end of story.

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hama666

[QUOTE="Puppa_Shogun"]Why not wait for a price drop or until you have the money like everyone else? Cheap or not if you want it badly enough you will get it.Dogmatic923

I wouldnt start worrying now, the console itself is relatively young and dont forget that there are some killer titles to be released for the PS3 in 2007/2008, so theres still plenty to look forward to.

And also remember that most the criticisms have been produced by microsoft fanboys, so dont let that bother you too much.

The Future is bright, the future is the PS3. So please scrap this silly idea of a "downgraded PS3" and enjoy your console for the sheer excellence that it is, and let sony deal with trying to increase sales, trust me they know what theyre doing and the success of the PS1/PS2 proves exactly just that.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dogmatic923

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="Puppa_Shogun"]Why not wait for a price drop or until you have the money like everyone else? Cheap or not if you want it badly enough you will get it.hama666

I wouldnt start worrying now, the console itself is relatively young and dont forget that there are some killer titles to be released for the PS3 in 2007/2008, so theres still plenty to look forward to.

And also remember that most the criticisms have been produced by microsoft fanboys, so dont let that bother you too much.

The Future is bright, the future is the PS3. So please scrap this silly idea of a "downgraded PS3" and enjoy your console for the sheer excellence that it is, and let sony deal with trying to increase sales, trust me they know what theyre doing and the success of the PS1/PS2 proves exactly just that.

well i most certainly hope your right. I just have to ride the boat i'm on and hope we don't hit the ice berg. But this is my very first time following a console from the very begining. I have had the Atari, Nintendo, gameboy, SNES, N64Sega Gensis, PS1, Ps2, Game boy Advance, PSP, Sega Dream Cast, xbox, x360, and now the ps3, but this is the very first time i ever followed a systems development from the very begining of its lauch. It most certainly is interesting and i guess its easy to get caught up in all the hype. And i guess thats were im at now. Last gerneration and the times before that would be the clueless guy buying games. I mostly just looked on the cover and if i saw that it has been given awareds by some place i didn't know anything about i would buy it. Now i read stuff about it almost every day, um, maby i should just not care so much and let the chips fall wear they may, uh, ya, thats what im doing for now on
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
Good grief, that would be the absolute dumbest thing Sony could do. The system you described wouldn't even be a PlayStation, it'd be a whole new console. With no Blu-Ray you can't play any PS3 games, with no BC you can't play any PS1 or PS2 games, so what would you play on it? Developers would have to waste their time trying to make games specifically designed for that thing more than likely screwing over the PS3 version in the process. In short, ain't gonna happen.
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hama666
[QUOTE="hama666"]

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="Puppa_Shogun"]Why not wait for a price drop or until you have the money like everyone else? Cheap or not if you want it badly enough you will get it.Dogmatic923

well i most certainly hope your right. I just have to ride the boat i'm on and hope we don't hit the ice berg. But this is my very first time following a console from the very begining. I have had the Atari, Nintendo, gameboy, SNES, N64Sega Gensis, PS1, Ps2, Game boy Advance, PSP, Sega Dream Cast, xbox, x360, and now the ps3, but this is the very first time i ever followed a systems development from the very begining of its lauch. It most certainly is interesting and i guess its easy to get caught up in all the hype. And i guess thats were im at now. Last gerneration and the times before that would be the clueless guy buying games. I mostly just looked on the cover and if i saw that it has been given awareds by some place i didn't know anything about i would buy it. Now i read stuff about it almost every day, um, maby i should just not care so much and let the chips fall wear they may, uh, ya, thats what im doing for now on

Owning a console at launch is a very topsy-turvy experience. You just dont know whats going to happen and you have no idea what to expect in the future.

Just look at the PS2 and the dreamcast; the ps2 had a flop of a start where as the dreamcast's launch went very smoothly and within the first 2 years the console looked very promising. However dont forget that a few years later the dreamcast flopped into dismay and the PS2 went on to be the most successful games console ever.

My point is never make conclusions from the beginning, and dont let the cons grief you.

Just remember that we dont know what the situation will be like 2 years from now and that anything is possible.

The only assurance you can possibly live on is that Sony have had vast amounts of experience coupled with success so we should expect to trust them and believe that they know what theyre doing.

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
some of the stuff dogmatic said did actually make sense but u really can't remove BD because thats one of the reasons that the PS3 is so awesome.... i think that many people do not want to pay for a video game console but wat most people fail to realize is that the PS3 is an ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM..... and lets face it, with all of the updates coming out the PS3 will eventually be able to do anything... even cook my dinner and arrange my dates lmao jp i can do dat stuff myself but still i think Sony should do this... leave the 60 GB version out on sale but instead offer a version with around15 GB(idk wat icould possibly do with 60 GB or even 15 GB besides game demos)remove HDMI and use component A/V instead which is much cheaper and just as good... include a wired controller... no complact flash/SD/micro??? slots lol ummm no more wi-fi oh and instead of the blu-ray being able to play movies they should sell that function as an add-on like Microsoft did i hope i didnt sound stupid... does any1 agree with me?
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hama666

some of the stuff dogmatic said did actually make sense but u really can't remove BD because thats one of the reasons that the PS3 is so awesome.... i think that many people do not want to pay for a video game console but wat most people fail to realize is that the PS3 is an ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM..... and lets face it, with all of the updates coming out the PS3 will eventually be able to do anything... even cook my dinner and arrange my dates lmao jp i can do dat stuff myself but still i think Sony should do this... leave the 60 GB version out on sale but instead offer a version with around15 GB(idk wat icould possibly do with 60 GB or even 15 GB besides game demos)remove HDMI and use component A/V instead which is much cheaper and just as good... include a wired controller... no complact flash/SD/micro??? slots lol ummm no more wi-fi oh and instead of the blu-ray being able to play movies they should sell that function as an add-on like Microsoft did i hope i didnt sound stupid... does any1 agree with me?urio1

It wouldnt be possible to be honest. The 360 uses the HD-DVD drive as an optional addition, however its not the console's game format. DVD-9 is what the 360 uses. Whereas blu-ray more or less IS the PS3. All PS3 game discs are formatted in blu-ray discs and it is blu-ray which makes the PS3 seem superior to the 360. If they got rid of it, it would just be a glorified PS2 with better visuals. And thats only going to harm sales even further.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dogmatic923
some of the stuff dogmatic said did actually make sense but u really can't remove BD because thats one of the reasons that the PS3 is so awesome.... i think that many people do not want to pay for a video game console but wat most people fail to realize is that the PS3 is an ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM..... and lets face it, with all of the updates coming out the PS3 will eventually be able to do anything... even cook my dinner and arrange my dates lmao jp i can do dat stuff myself but still i think Sony should do this... leave the 60 GB version out on sale but instead offer a version with around15 GB(idk wat icould possibly do with 60 GB or even 15 GB besides game demos)remove HDMI and use component A/V instead which is much cheaper and just as good... include a wired controller... no complact flash/SD/micro??? slots lol ummm no more wi-fi oh and instead of the blu-ray being able to play movies they should sell that function as an add-on like Microsoft did i hope i didnt sound stupid... does any1 agree with me?urio1
yeah, you said it better than me, but thats the main point i want to underscore is make a verison that is affordable to the masses and doesn't cost sony to loss money on every system sold. I should of stuck with that instead of giving my techinacl advise, but anyway, i like how you said it
Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
No.
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dogmatic923
[QUOTE="urio1"]some of the stuff dogmatic said did actually make sense but u really can't remove BD because thats one of the reasons that the PS3 is so awesome.... i think that many people do not want to pay for a video game console but wat most people fail to realize is that the PS3 is an ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM..... and lets face it, with all of the updates coming out the PS3 will eventually be able to do anything... even cook my dinner and arrange my dates lmao jp i can do dat stuff myself but still i think Sony should do this... leave the 60 GB version out on sale but instead offer a version with around15 GB(idk wat icould possibly do with 60 GB or even 15 GB besides game demos)remove HDMI and use component A/V instead which is much cheaper and just as good... include a wired controller... no complact flash/SD/micro??? slots lol ummm no more wi-fi oh and instead of the blu-ray being able to play movies they should sell that function as an add-on like Microsoft did i hope i didnt sound stupid... does any1 agree with me?lovetheblindone
No.

well how about keep the blue ray player and then cut back on everything else i said, REMEMBER that anyone could still buy the fully beaffed up version but could also buy the version thats hundreds of dolloars less. how can this be bad if it put more ps33 out there?
Avatar image for Password1233456
Password1233456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Password1233456
Member since 2006 • 335 Posts
WOW...
They had one, but it was **** and they realized it was a terrible idea, so they took it off production. Remember, No Wifi, 20Gb HDD, No Memory Stick Slots for $500.
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hama666

WOW...
They had one, but it was **** and they realized it was a terrible idea, so they took it off production. Remember, No Wifi, 20Gb HDD, No Memory Stick Slots for $500.Password1233456

well to be honest I dont see why the 20gb ps3 was such a bad idea. It was practically the same as a premium 360 and at a similar price, that can hardly be a bad thing.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dogmatic923
WOW...
They had one, but it was **** and they realized it was a terrible idea, so they took it off production. Remember, No Wifi, 20Gb HDD, No Memory Stick Slots for $500.Password1233456
um, i thought of that already, but 500 buck is still 500 bucks, i was thinking a price tag around 300 just strip everything and anything you can down to were it just plays current geration games and thats it. take out anything. Make it purely for games. How could this be bad if it would sell more systems?
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dogmatic923

[QUOTE="Password1233456"]WOW...
They had one, but it was **** and they realized it was a terrible idea, so they took it off production. Remember, No Wifi, 20Gb HDD, No Memory Stick Slots for $500.hama666

well to be honest I dont see why the 20gb ps3 was such a bad idea. It was practically the same as a premium 360 and at a similar price, that can hardly be a bad thing.

ps3 should have keep this verison and made it 400. It still would have been better than the preium cause it still has hdmi ports. in fact, if they did this they would be getting alot more sell. And they could have left the elite ps3 as 600. but offered a alightly better machien than the 360 at the same price, oh man, that would have been perfect
Password1233456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Password1233456
They had one, but it was **** and they realized it was a terrible idea, so they took it off production. Remember, No Wifi, 20Gb HDD, No Memory Stick Slots for $500.Dogmatic923
um, i thought of that already, but 500 buck is still 500 bucks, i was thinking a price tag around 300 just strip everything and anything you can down to were it just plays current geration games and thats it. take out anything. Make it purely for games. How could this be bad if it would sell more systems?

So you want a system thats worse than the Wii for more money?
Even the Wii has Wifi and Backwards Compatibility

You should be blaming Sony for making their system's hardware too powerful for poor people to buy.
ctmab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 ctmab
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts

The only cons are the lack of good games and the price. Lack of good games will soon change... Price is being 'redesgined' according to Sony. So both cons will change in the near future

Password1233456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Password1233456
[QUOTE="hama666"]

They had one, but it was **** and they realized it was a terrible idea, so they took it off production. Remember, No Wifi, 20Gb HDD, No Memory Stick Slots for $500.Dogmatic923

ps3 should have keep this verison and made it 400. It still would have been better than the preium cause it still has hdmi ports. in fact, if they did this they would be getting alot more sell. And they could have left the elite ps3 as 600. but offered a alightly better machien than the 360 at the same price, oh man, that would have been perfect

hardly
perfect
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dogmatic923
[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"]

I think they should first make a ps3 that hasa stripped downblue ray player or DVD that devs could still make games on for both verison, if thats even possiable. This way if someone really wants the dvd player in their ps3 they would just end up buying the $600 version. I think they should take out the WIFI, and drop the 60gb down to a 30 gb. Also, take out all backwards capabilities technology. Then sell the system for $300 without a wireless controller and with a wired one. Also, take out the HDMI ports it that save money too.

I think they would sell millions more consoles, and then they could focus on getting more third party support. After, two of the down graded versiion is or they started seeing that they have broke even or was making a profit drop the down graded verison and introduce our 600 version for 450, and then have another ps3, that would have some amazing features like playing 600 channels of tv through the ps3 that would rival any satilight or cable networks. and beable to fully fuction as a fast pc. Alos, coming up with a brilliant new control system that dwarfs the wii. Then i would not sell very many and cause the gaming divion to go into the red, but i would slowily introduce it into the market at 150 more than it would cost to make, probabley around 800. I wwould want to market it so the games would look more like an a side thing rather than a gaming system. I would want to target fathers, and not moms, kids. It would have every sports channle. easy to use recording devise to be able to record several games at once then watch them all latter. If the PS3 is really 1/4 the power of a super computer i would take full advatage of every thing i could and market it to the real descison makers. THe dads

player2k

thats why you dont work for sony and u just blog lol ... that was the dumbest stuff i've heard since it was was said that paris hilton got punished more harshly than she should have

um, whats so dumb about making a product more affordable, no matter how you do it, so more people buy your product and therefore make more of a profit. Whats dumb is the PS3 sales. And why do you have to be so insulting?
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hama666

[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="Password1233456"]WOW...

You should be blaming Sony for making their system's hardware too powerful for poor people to buy.

The wii? that thing is a glorified gamecube, we should NEVER be comparing the Wii to the sheer power of the ps3!

Password1233456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Password1233456
[QUOTE="player2k"][QUOTE="Dogmatic923"]

Dogmatic923

thats why you dont work for sony and u just blog lol ... that was the dumbest stuff i've heard since it was was said that paris hilton got punished more harshly than she should have

um, whats so dumb about making a product more affordable, no matter how you do it, so more people buy your product and therefore make more of a profit. Whats dumb is the PS3 sales. And why do you have to be so insulting?

But the problem is that the PS3 IS affordable.
Password1233456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Password1233456

[QUOTE="Password1233456"][QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="Password1233456"]WOW...
They had one, but it was **** and they realized it was a terrible idea, so they took it off production. Remember, No Wifi, 20Gb HDD, No Memory Stick Slots for $500.hama666

The wii? that thing is a glorified gamecube, we should NEVER be comparing the Wii to the sheer power of the ps3!

Thank you Cpt. Obvious...That's the point im making...
Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dogmatic923
[QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="player2k"][QUOTE="Dogmatic923"]

Password1233456

true, but so are million dollar homes for movie stars. Its so evident that for people to enjoy a 360 or ps3 you have to have internet connection, 1000 to 2000 HDTV set, for ps3 blue ray movies which are way more expensive, $60 games, no matter how you spin it to get the best out of this generation you need some cash. Its not like alreay having a tv, put you conntection in dial up, and buy a 150 system, with $20 platuim hits. The true hardcore have bought in already and now the numbers are trickling up at best.
Password1233456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Password1233456
[QUOTE="Password1233456"][QUOTE="Dogmatic923"][QUOTE="player2k"][QUOTE="Dogmatic923"]

Dogmatic923

true, but so are million dollar homes for movie stars. Its so evident that for people to enjoy a 360 or ps3 you have to have internet connection, 1000 to 2000 HDTV set, for ps3 blue ray movies which are way more expensive, $60 games, no matter how you spin it to get the best out of this generation you need some cash. Its not like alreay having a tv, put you conntection in dial up, and buy a 150 system, with $20 platuim hits. The true hardcore have bought in already and now the numbers are trickling up at best.

huh? what's the point?
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
the PS3 was made to be future proof not 5 years like the oither one console instead of realseing aothe r SKU in a couple get it all otver withh now.