I think Im going to lay it all on the line for Sony and the Vita...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kaze347
Member since 2006 • 1270 Posts

Im going to sell my 360 and games to have money for a Vita. Its not something I particularly WANT to do, I like having the Xbox and all, but I think it'll be worth it. I just dont play it like I used to, and Im hardly ever home as it is, so the Vita just seems right. Does it seem crazy to sell my only current gen home console just to buy a handheld? Anyone else do anything similar?

I plan on dropping a fair amount of cash on the Vita, so I really hope it ends up being worth it. If it ends up at least as good as the PSP then I'll be happy. I still play that thing.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Good luck with that. I am waiting until I can get the Vita for $200 or less and can get the 32Gb memory card for $70 or less. So I am guessing I will be getting one Christmas 2013.
kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kaze347

I could wait if I really wanted to, theres definitely a backlog waiting for me on every console I own. But the Vita is just extremely enticing, and Im interested in it a lot.

That said, enjoy the wait. I would think you'd be able to get similar prices about a year after launch (like the 3DS) but Sony isnt usually one for logic, as much as it pains me to say. I really expect another PS3 scenario with the Vita, but Im hoping for the best, and something is telling me to buy it early.

DarxPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 DarxPhil
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts

If you don't play the system very much then i say go for it. I was actually thinking about selling off my PS3, as after Twisted Metal the system is pretty much at the end of the line for me.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaze347

I just feel like any gaming I do in my life is on my phone, which is cool because I have an Xperia Play and emulators for days, but my console is just collecting dust. I want Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 this year. But by the time they come out I could have money for another xbox (hell, maybe even that sexy star wars one). I just see it as a waste of space right now. I likely wont use it between now and the fall.

Makes me mad I finally bought a year] of Live back in August though.

Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
I am with you.......But I am going the other way. I really want a ps3 slim but the more I see of the vita the more I like. I have an X-360 but I want to keep it. I have $200.00 plus wal-mart gift cards towards a vita. The vita looks Sweet.[
kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kaze347

It does look sweet. But the more I think about it seriously, the more I think I might just get a 3DS and wait for it to develop a little more. Though I do love the Vita and will absolutely buy one. That way I wont have to sell my Xbawks.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Im going to sell my 360 and games to have money for a Vita. Its not something I particularly WANT to do, I like having the Xbox and all, but I think it'll be worth it. I just dont play it like I used to, and Im hardly ever home as it is, so the Vita just seems right. Does it seem crazy to sell my only current gen home console just to buy a handheld? Anyone else do anything similar?

I plan on dropping a fair amount of cash on the Vita, so I really hope it ends up being worth it. If it ends up at least as good as the PSP then I'll be happy. I still play that thing.

kaze347

Seems like a really good idea. It will be a great investment. Nothing crazy about selling an old home system for a new shiny portable unit, especially since you are no long a couch potatoe and are out in the streets living life. You will enjoy the Vita.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I just feel like any gaming I do in my life is on my phone, which is cool because I have an Xperia Play and emulators for days, but my console is just collecting dust. I want Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 this year. But by the time they come out I could have money for another xbox (hell, maybe even that sexy star wars one). I just see it as a waste of space right now. I likely wont use it between now and the fall.

Makes me mad I finally bought a year] of Live back in August though.

kaze347

Same here. All my mobile gaming is done on my phone.

terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

I would say go for it, but I am quite biased. My suggestion to you is just to make sure you've thought over this decision. It's not exactly a life-altering decision either way, though.

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
If you are finding yourself doing most of your gaming while not at home, it might not be a bad investment. You may want to wait just a tad also and see how the initial sales are outside of Japan. It may determine how long the Vita will be supported.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

I wouldn't do that but if you never played your 360 anymore then there's nothing wrong with that. There aren't many good games right now that you can get though.

kaze347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kaze347

I went ahead and bought a 3DS (couldnt resist that Gamestop sale), and I'll stick with my PSP for a while, since that's all Id have played on the Vita for a good while anyway. I hope it does well though and has a strong library of games by the time I pull the trigger and buy one. Im still looking forward to it like crazy.