I picked up Resistance and....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

WOA :shock:

All I kept hoping was that it wasn't another Black(PS2) since so many people felt that was the best PS2 FPS out :roll:. But Resistanceis incredible! It was my second game I picked up (I bought my PS3 two days ago with APF 2K8 )and was hooked! I only played just the first 2 levels! I went online for just 3 minutes and it was just crazy! Now I see why so many people really like this FPS.This will be the only shooter I intend on playing until Haze.

jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jw_burrell
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts
It really is a great game. The online is a ton of fun.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Just wait until you get the other weapons and the AI steps up a notch or 10 in the later stages. I've had the game since launch and I still experience new things and get surprised by the AI when I play it.
Echo13791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Echo13791
Member since 2004 • 5029 Posts
Did you like the demo? I played that and really didn't like it, i thought it was too easy and bland. is it like the demo or way different? I would get it but Warhawk is coming in a month, which I am sure because its a battlefield game it will have awesome online. Then comes Unreal Tournamant III in November which will blow all other games outta the water IMO
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

I never played the demo. I went by research (gaming sites scores, player reviews, and availability in the stores). If you didn't like the demo than more than likely you won't like the game. I thought the game visuals were good and the gameplay is intense and fun. I never favored FPS since many of them are war-themed. But I made an exception and picked it up. This is a very good game.

Did you like the demo? I played that and really didn't like it, i thought it was too easy and bland. is it like the demo or way different? I would get it but Warhawk is coming in a month, which I am sure because its a battlefield game it will have awesome online. Then comes Unreal Tournamant III in November which will blow all other games outta the water IMOEcho13791

slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slyydevil
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

Just wait until you get the other weapons and the AI steps up a notch or 10 in the later stages. I've had the game since launch and I still experience new things and get surprised by the AI when I play it.emitsu97

Man you're not lying about the AI stepping up especially when you get to the Angel's nest and the Chimera hunt you down aggressively. I swear my favorite gun is the sniper rifle because of the matrix like movement when you slow down time especially in co-op when you shoot a chimera running towards you in the leg and they get lifted in the air and you partner shoot the while in the air and they spin from the force of the gun. I'm so amzed by the physics in that game, it's so believable that it's unbelievable if that makes sense...

EL_MEXICAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 EL_MEXICAN
Member since 2003 • 1440 Posts

Did you like the demo? I played that and really didn't like it, i thought it was too easy and bland. is it like the demo or way different? I would get it but Warhawk is coming in a month, which I am sure because its a battlefield game it will have awesome online. Then comes Unreal Tournamant III in November which will blow all other games outta the water IMOEcho13791

He says its easy!:lol:

This game is a REAL challenge my man.

3XnemesisX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 3XnemesisX3
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts
the demo doesnt let you get a taste of online multiplayer. IMO the online is what this game is all about. the campaign is great and everything, but multiplayer is where its at. This is definetly a must have to anyone who hasn't already picked it up
mountain_duwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 mountain_duwe
Member since 2007 • 1636 Posts
The online play is sick--anyone who disagrees is sorely mistaken.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
It really is a great game. The online is a ton of fun. jw_burrell
Arcanum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Arcanum
Member since 2002 • 95 Posts
Resistance: Fall of Man was done very well, I agree. The entire game is polished. Nice things in store for you the further you get...
slikMotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slikMotion
Member since 2003 • 2820 Posts
And to think this was a launch game. Imagine what they could have accomplished if they had the extra year like KZ and HS. Same with MS.
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
Just wait for Resistance 2. Anyways, the full version of any game is always way better than a demo. I suggest you buy this game now. Don't even waste the rental fee cause after you play the game and get online, you'll want to own the game.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

I am about to beat it for my second time on hard, and like everyone else says its way better later in the game. Rigt when im done beating it im going to play it again on super human.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Yeah... Resistance is a great game. Solid single player mode and online mode.
Phortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phortex
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Played thtough it 5 times now, and to manny hours of Online ^^ My fav game since FF7 and timesplitters

Hint *** when you played thru the story, dont expect to be best att multi right away, its quite different :) But soon...Youl se Phortex, a second before your death ;)

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

it's a pretty good shooter, but it's also a little generic imo. it's alot like CoD gameplay wise.

so you're not playing UT3?.. or CoD4?...

Eclipse83Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Eclipse83Lives
Member since 2006 • 1490 Posts
Funny thing is I talk about RESISTANCE all the time in messages. I have yet to play that game but for only a hour maybe. I will trythis weekend thow. I have to back track some. I did the whole sports race thing, and kinda missed it. F1 and Fight Night 3, and a little Motostorm, NFSU carbon, even some Oblivion. So I still have that game yet. I need to do it before the massive November hit of FPSs and a few other games also. But I skip alot of FPS. But I liked the little I have played of this one. But I have to go back so I can give a true review of it. I just gave a review based on a hour :P. Hopefully It will be good. I played FEAR, and The Darkness. And I want the Orange Box oddly "for some reason I like HL?." But oddly no RESISTANCE in full yet. And even UT is out in a month or so. MOH: Airborn, Haze, Orange Box, C.O.D, plus Ratchet and Clank, and Drakes Fortune, and Assassins Creed. And I know one or two "or more" of those games is gonna hold me up. I dont know if ill fit it in?
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
wow this is a old post