I need HONEST statements.

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Rain_of_Miami
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts
Everyone...I got a P'S. 3 in early November as a gift, but it was defective, along with the 3 exchanges that followed it. I'm really curious...has anyone made purchase of the P'S. 3 of either model line CECHK01 or CECHL01? I got 2 of K01 and 2 of L01, and they are both seemingly defective based on my experience. I have never read online about anybody having so many defective P'S. 3s, so I want to break it down as to whether it's just my luck, or whether the model lines are defective themselves. I'm thinking about just returning it because this has been more problems than a leisure. 1st P'S. 3 (CECHK01): Loud rattling sound. 2nd P'S. 3 (CECHK01): Quiet buzzing sound, occasionally, and no; it's not the fan. 3rd P'S. 3 (CECHL01): Somehow, it was refurbished (Didn't know that's even legal to do so without stating on the box that it is), and it made a loud shreiking sound when I plugged in my U.S.B. device to paste my save data. 4th P'S. 3 (CECHL01): Get this...I haven't even plugged it in yet, and it's already defective. I set it down, and the damn thing is WOBBLY! It doesn't even sit straight. So I really need honest statements as to whether you have had problems with either of those 2 model lines. Please do not post if you have any other model line asides from those 2, as your replies would be completely irrelavent to my concern. I just want to know other people's experiences so I can determine whether or not I will return the console when we go to the store next time, or exchange it. Thank you so much.
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
wat the....where do you live? some dodgy country?
nikolai37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nikolai37
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts
I got the 80GB PS3 at the beginning of the month and have notn had a single problem yet, hard to believe you got the unlucky with defective systems, that sucks.
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rain_of_Miami
wat the....where do you live? some dodgy country?bigLLL
What does it matter which country I reside in? The console is manufactured in one country, regardless of where it's shipped to.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
*sniff* troll
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
cough troll cough or you do live in a sh!tey country:lol:
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

How many? 4 consecutive defective PS3s? maybe that'll pass for the Guiness book of world records, or maybe you're just in bad luck... did you call Sony?

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
I have a K01 model myself... and it works perfectly!
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rain_of_Miami
Americans, I swear. For the last time, it has nothing to do with which country I reside in. All P'S. 3s are made in China. If there's to be a fault, it would be from either the manufacturing or the shipping. Seeing as all the boxes had no holes or dents, I'd say it's safe to bet on the faults being the manufacturing. And by calling me out as a troll, you just trolled, yourselves, you hypocrites. I am honest -- I you people should really be banned for being means beans.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Where do you find the model line?

I have the launch 60GB and it has been a dream for me ..

nish2280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nish2280
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts
Maybe your country got a defective batch? I still have my 60gb model and there have been no problems Bad luck, hope it improves =D
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Maybe your country got a defective batch? I still have my 60gb model and there have been no problems Bad luck, hope it improves =Dnish2280

You people really know how big countries are right? :roll:

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
I got the 80GB PS3 at the beginning of the month and have notn had a single problem yet, hard to believe you got the unlucky with defective systems, that sucks.nikolai37
i have the original 60 GB and not a single problem. only thing that is aggrivating is that im almost out of hdd space.
Avatar image for UnknownPerson55
UnknownPerson55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UnknownPerson55
Member since 2004 • 1232 Posts

bought mine a week after launch, never had a problem.

havent heard of problems like this before, probably just bad luck.

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
[QUOTE="nikolai37"]I got the 80GB PS3 at the beginning of the month and have notn had a single problem yet, hard to believe you got the unlucky with defective systems, that sucks.ShadowBass989
i have the original 60 GB and not a single problem. only thing that is aggrivating is that im almost out of hdd space.

n e how i dont believe u r a troll, u have a higher level than most and u seem sincere. sony manufactures good quality products, u just have bad luck i guess. it happens. i would call sony.
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rain_of_Miami
This is what I find weird...the 60 gigabyte model line was made using about 4,000 parts. The CECHK01 and CECHL01 model lines were made using 3,000 parts. That's a 25% decrease in parts, which means less chance of things going wrong (Or should be, anyway), and it still got messed up. And you can find the model line on the packaging box of the console, or on the back of the console itself. As another reply: I did call SONY, but the customer service department is not aware of any known issues. Incidentally, however, they told me that the CECHK01 model line was only in production for 30 to 60 days (Sep. to Nov., but no actual days mentioned within those months), so I thought the CECHK01 model line was a defective release, so they made the CECHL01 to correct this, but apparently, still problems. There has to be more people who have either of those 2 model lines. I would really like your opinions. Thank you so much.
sincgar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sincgar1
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts
i have no answers to your question, but i am curious, where did you buy your ps3? which retailer and where all defectives from same place?
Funny_bunch71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Funny_bunch71
Member since 2005 • 1563 Posts
you can't rely on people these days, you gotta do everything yourself.. DONT WE?
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Everyone...I got a P'S. 3 in early November as a gift, but it was defective, along with the 3 exchanges that followed it. I'm really curious...has anyone made purchase of the P'S. 3 of either model line CECHK01 or CECHL01? I got 2 of K01 and 2 of L01, and they are both seemingly defective based on my experience. I have never read online about anybody having so many defective P'S. 3s, so I want to break it down as to whether it's just my luck, or whether the model lines are defective themselves. I'm thinking about just returning it because this has been more problems than a leisure. 1st P'S. 3 (CECHK01): Loud rattling sound. 2nd P'S. 3 (CECHK01): Quiet buzzing sound, occasionally, and no; it's not the fan. 3rd P'S. 3 (CECHL01): Somehow, it was refurbished (Didn't know that's even legal to do so without stating on the box that it is), and it made a loud shreiking sound when I plugged in my U.S.B. device to paste my save data. 4th P'S. 3 (CECHL01): Get this...I haven't even plugged it in yet, and it's already defective. I set it down, and the damn thing is WOBBLY! It doesn't even sit straight. So I really need honest statements as to whether you have had problems with either of those 2 model lines. Please do not post if you have any other model line asides from those 2, as your replies would be completely irrelavent to my concern. I just want to know other people's experiences so I can determine whether or not I will return the console when we go to the store next time, or exchange it. Thank you so much.Rain_of_Miami

It's to early for Aprils fools stuff.....and by the way...why do you have your profile set to private...?? What are you trying to hide fella..??? When people make threads like this I'll like to check-out their profiles to see if they are really just trolling. But I'm almost sure you already knew that...didn't you..?? lol

Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rain_of_Miami
STOP CALLING ME A TROLL! OKAY!? Just because I ask a legitimate question, doesn't give you the right to call me a troll. I swear, I wish I were a moderator, because by you people calling me a troll, you're trolling away in the very sentence you use to call me that. Such hypocrisy. And by the way -- trolling is when someone creates a topic or writes a message that is completely meaningless, something along the lines of......calling people out when they're innocent? And I have to mention this...the fact that you go by what a profile reads is beyond idiocy. I love how gullible Americans are. Why are you so gullible for profiles, but not legitimate questionaires? Now, as for the question about where it was gotten from: It was from Future Shop. I don't know if that makes a difference or anything. And to the other person: How am I supposed to "do it myself"? I can't go out and purchase every frickin' model line just to see if they're all defective or not, so I come here and ask others for their own experience.
koutouyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 koutouyo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i think that ps3 make from Hongkong :d
mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

Everyone...I got a P'S. 3 in early November as a gift, but it was defective, along with the 3 exchanges that followed it. I'm really curious...has anyone made purchase of the P'S. 3 of either model line CECHK01 or CECHL01? I got 2 of K01 and 2 of L01, and they are both seemingly defective based on my experience. I have never read online about anybody having so many defective P'S. 3s, so I want to break it down as to whether it's just my luck, or whether the model lines are defective themselves. I'm thinking about just returning it because this has been more problems than a leisure. 1st P'S. 3 (CECHK01): Loud rattling sound. 2nd P'S. 3 (CECHK01): Quiet buzzing sound, occasionally, and no; it's not the fan. 3rd P'S. 3 (CECHL01): Somehow, it was refurbished (Didn't know that's even legal to do so without stating on the box that it is), and it made a loud shreiking sound when I plugged in my U.S.B. device to paste my save data. 4th P'S. 3 (CECHL01): Get this...I haven't even plugged it in yet, and it's already defective. I set it down, and the damn thing is WOBBLY! It doesn't even sit straight. So I really need honest statements as to whether you have had problems with either of those 2 model lines. Please do not post if you have any other model line asides from those 2, as your replies would be completely irrelavent to my concern. I just want to know other people's experiences so I can determine whether or not I will return the console when we go to the store next time, or exchange it. Thank you so much.Rain_of_Miami

Ok I have CECHC04 and not the models you said but still:

1st PS3: It shouldn't be loud maybe quiet rattling sound (probably hard disc or bluray drive)

2nd PS3: Normal - it is disc spinning and laser moving.

3rd PS3: Refurbished = bad, about the sound - strange

4th PS3: Probably the place where you sat your PS3 down was wobbly not PS3

But all in all I do not see anything defective in any of this PS3s. My is also producing strange sounds. You can do everything which can be done on all ps3s you mention. I would say they where all working normally.

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
I have not found any MAJOR problem with my PS3. In all honesty, the issue regarding the "quiet buzzing sound" and the wobbling are not issues I would consider worth describing the unit as defective. In fact I agree with mamkem that the buzzing issue is not an issue at all, but a normal characteristic due to the disk spinning.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

thats really strange, the PS3 has the lowest failure rate out of all current consoles. you must have really bad luck

what do you mean defective, if it doesnt start at all check the electrical socket itself, it could be damaged, try plugging it into a different socket and also check that the power chord is plugged into the PS3 properly, it shut down on me before cause i didnt plug it in correctly

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

STOP CALLING ME A TROLL! OKAY!? Just because I ask a legitimate question, doesn't give you the right to call me a troll. I swear, I wish I were a moderator, because by you people calling me a troll, you're trolling away in the very sentence you use to call me that. Such hypocrisy. And by the way -- trolling is when someone creates a topic or writes a message that is completely meaningless, something along the lines of......calling people out when they're innocent? And I have to mention this...the fact that you go by what a profile reads is beyond idiocy. I love how gullible Americans are. Why are you so gullible for profiles, but not legitimate questionaires? Now, as for the question about where it was gotten from: It was from Future Shop. I don't know if that makes a difference or anything. And to the other person: How am I supposed to "do it myself"? I can't go out and purchase every frickin' model line just to see if they're all defective or not, so I come here and ask others for their own experience.Rain_of_Miami

Your profile set as private - what for?!..... and learn how spelling PS3 not P'S.3.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
You get 3 defective PS3s and still buy the 4th one from the very same shop? Wow.
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rain_of_Miami
Why is everyone so freakin' mean to me!? What's it to you if my profile is set to private or not? It's MY profile. Besides, if I wanted to hide something, I would'n't do it online. That's the last place anybody in the right state of mind would secure something important.....and certainly not on a GameSpot profile, of all places. Also -- please do learn how to write basic English sentences. "and learn how spelling PS3 not P'S.3." is not even a legitimate sentence. No sentence starts with "and", and it certainly would need a capitalization if it could. "Learn how spelling PS3"? What does this mean? "Learn how spelling"? Nice. Lastly for you -- the proper spelling of PLAYSTATION 3 in abbreviation form is P'S. 3; not PS3. PLAYSTATION 3. Remove the "LAY" and you must include an apostrophe to bridge the letter P and the S. Remove "TATION" and you must include a period to indicate that the remainder of the word has been cut for abbreviation. P'S. 3. My fluency in English is greatly above yours, it would seem, so perhaps you should not insult me for my usage of the great English language. Certainly do'n't be a hypocrite in the very line you tell me I'm writing something incorrectly. I absolutely adore how Darkman2007 did not read a single word of the topic. Thanks a lot for wasting your time. nethernova is also a little young, it would seem. What does the store which these were acquired from have to do with whether or not the console was made accurately in China? I just do'n't see it. Care to grace me with your wisdom, young one? Also -- if you do read a little clearer, you will realize that the subsequent consoles were not purchased, but rather, exchanged -- free of charge. I have only had one person help me out so far..... This is most saddening. I always do wonder why I never receive help. Maybe I should start typing like a goof, without a hint of proper grammar, then maybe Americans will take me seriously.
FriedTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FriedTech
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts
mamkem6 wrote: Ok I have CECHC04 and not the models you said but still: 1st PS3: It shouldn't be loud maybe quiet rattling sound (probably hard disc or bluray drive) 2nd PS3: Normal - it is disc spinning and laser moving. 3rd PS3: Refurbished = bad, about the sound - strange 4th PS3: Probably the place where you sat your PS3 down was wobbly not PS3 But all in all I do not see anything defective in any of this PS3s. My is also producing strange sounds. You can do everything which can be done on all ps3s you mention. I would say they where all working normally. --- Look at the topic title, please. It reads: "I need HONEST statements." Thank you for trolling. To start off, not only do you claim what I experienced to not have happened, but you mentioned that you own a model line that does not exist. Thank you for my amusement. I am truly grateful people like you exist to keep me feeling better than I actually am, since you can not read, can not lie, and can not make a point across no matter how hard you try. Moving on. Regarding beekayjay's statements which are in reference to the genius I just quoted. 1st P'S 3: LOUD rattling sound. Definitely defective, okay? Everybody mentions their console is quiet, and I used to have a 40 gigabye model in June for about a week, and I never had any of these issues I explained in this topic. I know how a properly made P'S. 3 is supposed to be like because I used to have one. 2nd P'S. 3: Quiet buzzing sound, but it is not the disk. I am a musician, so my sense of hearing is in stupendous order. The buzzing sound was identical in nature to the rattling sound, as it didn't happen continiously. It was an intermitant sound outputting from the console with no common denominator among each sound off. 3rd P'S. 3: A shreiking sound is self explanatory. 4th P'S. 3: Unless you mean to tell me that the same locale I have been using to displace all my other consoles, including the previous 3 P'S. 3s mentioned just now, has suddenly shape shifted to become an unstable board of wood, then I will continue to believe it is defective. I have never, ever...EVER....bought ANY piece of electronic that has wobbled. EVER. That is a big issue to me. If the basics on the outside are not made correctly, which is the EASIEST thing to do from a manufacturing perspective, then the internal components, which require much more precision and care in the production process, will never be alright. Why is it that when I come asking for people's own experiences, I start getting people calling ME a liar? This isn't exactly about me right now. I need to know about YOUR experience, so whether I'm lying or not, why go out of your way to call me out like this? It doesn't benefit you, anyway. I really, REALLY wish that GameSpot.co.uk was not the same forums as GameSpot.com. I am honestly getting sick and tired of illiterate, arrogant Americans who come and call me out on every single thing I do here. Even for a frickin' PROFILE! A PROFILE!!!! I get called out for that. What a pathetic attempt to try and bring me down.Rain_of_Miami
Acting like that will only egg them on.... and I do not appreciate being called illiterate or arrogant....
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts

In my HONEST opinion, since you want it so badly, is this : Go somewhere else for your problems cause your not helping yourself or doing yourself any favours by acting so high and mighty when it comes to spelling or literacy. It's the internet, people have being abbreviating for years, or to put it bluntly, incorrect spelling. So if you don't like what people are saying, just walk away and solve the problem by other means. I'm in no way, shape or form trying to be mean or come off that way but it's just the way I see it. In regards to your "defective" PS3's, I hope you find one that isn't. If not, well, honestly, don't come crying around here cause no one will have much sympathy for you based on your attitude. Oh and by the way, bashing American's isn't considered being poliet, keep your opinions (unless it is valid and concerning the topic, post or discussion) keep it to yourself.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Why is everyone so freakin' mean to me!? What's it to you if my profile is set to private or not? It's MY profile. Besides, if I wanted to hide something, I would'n't do it online. That's the last place anybody in the right state of mind would secure something important.....and certainly not on a GameSpot profile, of all places. Also -- please do learn how to write basic English sentences. "and learn how spelling PS3 not P'S.3." is not even a legitimate sentence. No sentence starts with "and", and it certainly would need a capitalization if it could. "Learn how spelling PS3"? What does this mean? "Learn how spelling"? Nice. Lastly for you -- the proper spelling of PLAYSTATION 3 in abbreviation form is P'S. 3; not PS3. PLAYSTATION 3. Remove the "LAY" and you must include an apostrophe to bridge the letter P and the S. Remove "TATION" and you must include a period to indicate that the remainder of the word has been cut for abbreviation. P'S. 3. My fluency in English is greatly above yours, it would seem, so perhaps you should not insult me for my usage of the great English language. Certainly do'n't be a hypocrite in the very line you tell me I'm writing something incorrectly. I absolutely adore how Darkman2007 did not read a single word of the topic. Thanks a lot for wasting your time. nethernova is also a little young, it would seem. What does the store which these were acquired from have to do with whether or not the console was made accurately in China? I just do'n't see it. Care to grace me with your wisdom, young one? Also -- if you do read a little clearer, you will realize that the subsequent consoles were not purchased, but rather, exchanged -- free of charge. I have only had one person help me out so far..... This is most saddening. I always do wonder why I never receive help. Maybe I should start typing like a goof, without a hint of proper grammar, then maybe Americans will take me seriously.Rain_of_Miami

Oviously you have never learned how to break spelling rules(you can break the spelling rules). you dont need to put a "stress mark" on every word. these are the right abbreviations: PC, x360, PS3, PS2, PSP, and DS. everybody here spells them this way. even GameSpot spells them this way. Can't you see I'm helping you out here?!

OblivionXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OblivionXII
Member since 2007 • 349 Posts
It seems as if English is not your first language. Your use of the apostrophe is quite unecessary. Please understand: People on forums, on the internet, are not obligated to type out responses with perfect grammar.
TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts
why not ask them to plug in the PS3 and start it up befor u take it home, if I went thro 3 of them in the same store Id make sure they got it working befor I took it home... mayb my dumb american advice can save u some time
Solid_Snak3Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Solid_Snak3Xx
Member since 2008 • 413 Posts
i think you are lying man the ps3 arent that defective Troll you are !!
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Here's an honest statement. Stop getting PS3's from the same store that apparently seems content to screw you over with defective PS3's. Try a different store and see if you still have problems.

Also, the people asking what country you're from ask because in many parts of the world, there are more counterfeit games and systems sold than legit ones. No need to get all upset about it.

Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rain_of_Miami
lol @ English not my first language. Well, no need for me to argue this many idiots. So I'm gonna forget about my question, because, seemingly, nobody online has a heart. Baaaiii.
0diablo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 0diablo0
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts

Guaranteed this guy is British or Austalian. And just by looking at how he types, it seems as if he lives in a freakin' library. Check out Sony's website, it's PS3 not P'S.3. They have the term trademarked for pete's sake!

For as of your troubles, you need to buy your consoles from another retailer.

Oh, and what country do you live in?

SCzOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SCzOwn
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
Your most likely gonna have to contact Sony.
CJ37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CJ37
Member since 2008 • 202 Posts

This is what happens when you buy stuff on the Australian Black Market

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
lol lol... thats funny heres what you need to do. go to best buy and get ur ps3 stop going to were ur going.. and are you serious you took back a ps3 cause it wobbled wow thats just...., well i wont say...
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Puscifer_No1
lol @ English not my first language. Well, no need for me to argue this many idiots. So I'm gonna forget about my question, because, seemingly, nobody online has a heart. Baaaiii.Rain_of_Miami
Wait wait wait, you really exapected people to give two ****'s after your insults? I think you assume to much about the internet and the people who congregate on here. I still stand by my original post. Go whine somewhere else
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Puscifer_No1
[QUOTE="0diablo0"]

Guaranteed this guy is British or Austalian. And just by looking at how he types, it seems as if he lives in a freakin' library. Check out Sony's website, it's PS3 not P'S.3. They have the term trademarked for pete's sake!

For as of your troubles, you need to buy your consoles from another retailer.

Oh, and what country do you live in?

This guy isn't British that's for sure cause they don't have Future Shops over there, they have GAME, Dixons, Currys, HMV, Virgin Megastores etc. So this prat is obviously from somewhere that is backwards. And even then Australians aren't that backwards
Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
That is all.
burstlimit514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 burstlimit514
Member since 2008 • 644 Posts

lol you should try and get in the gaming world records book. Most defective ps3. But to answer the question my ps3 has always worked fine.

theMarshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 theMarshell
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
Ok I have the CECHK01 or at least I think I do it was made August of 08 and I do know of a rattling but from what I have been told its normal. My brother has a 40 gig and you can't hear a thing even if you try, but mine you will hear it if you get up close, and also it makes some type of sound when the HDD is being used. All in all I think you were good with th KO1 model unless it was un barable then I understand. But I do hope you get a working one good luck.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
What? Do you keep getting refurbished consoles or something? That could be your problem right there.
eclipse_115_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 eclipse_115_89
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts
hahaha!*ahem*c'mon guys i dont think this guys trolling but dude u need to learn to chillax aite. maybe its a sign that ur not supposed to get a ps3? or maybe its a sign that u need to move to another country? anyways whatever the case i hope ull come through. cheers
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
Ummm i guess he is from a country that hates Americans lol, but who said we are all American on here. What an idiot that was born in a backwards *$$ed country.
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Puscifer_No1
Why is everyone so freakin' mean to me!? What's it to you if my profile is set to private or not? It's MY profile. Besides, if I wanted to hide something, I would'n't do it online. That's the last place anybody in the right state of mind would secure something important.....and certainly not on a GameSpot profile, of all places. Also -- please do learn how to write basic English sentences. "and learn how spelling PS3 not P'S.3." is not even a legitimate sentence. No sentence starts with "and", and it certainly would need a capitalization if it could. "Learn how spelling PS3"? What does this mean? "Learn how spelling"? Nice. Lastly for you -- the proper spelling of PLAYSTATION 3 in abbreviation form is P'S. 3; not PS3. PLAYSTATION 3. Remove the "LAY" and you must include an apostrophe to bridge the letter P and the S. Remove "TATION" and you must include a period to indicate that the remainder of the word has been cut for abbreviation. P'S. 3. My fluency in English is greatly above yours, it would seem, so perhaps you should not insult me for my usage of the great English language. Certainly do'n't be a hypocrite in the very line you tell me I'm writing something incorrectly. I absolutely adore how Darkman2007 did not read a single word of the topic. Thanks a lot for wasting your time. nethernova is also a little young, it would seem. What does the store which these were acquired from have to do with whether or not the console was made accurately in China? I just do'n't see it. Care to grace me with your wisdom, young one? Also -- if you do read a little clearer, you will realize that the subsequent consoles were not purchased, but rather, exchanged -- free of charge. I have only had one person help me out so far..... This is most saddening. I always do wonder why I never receive help. Maybe I should start typing like a goof, without a hint of proper grammar, then maybe Americans will take me seriously.Rain_of_Miami
Ok, going back and reading this trash that spews forth from your head to your fingers then somehow makes onto the screen, your the biggest hypocrite of us all. There's no such thing as adding an apostrophy to PS3. You did it with don't....see what I did there..."don't"...get it right moron. Seriously I could care less if I get suspended, banned, whatever after this cause it frustrates me to hell with people like you who think they are above everyone else and claim to know their so called English language, yet you can't seem to grasp the English grammer, twerp. Get a life, go wash cars, collect grocery carts, serve coffee, just go do something other than waste OUR time with your PATHETIC posts and meaningless comments. You obviously weren't meant to have a PS3 cause 3 "defective" PS3's in a row and you still didn't get a clue about where the problem lied?! Come on wake up and smell the bull****. The store is obviously crooked and screwing you out of your money. But I really could care less seeing how your the one who was so gulliable to come here, ask for opinions which IMO everyone in this topic is right., and then have the god damn nerve to trash talk about people's typing/grammer. I hope the next one sprouts legs, walks out and jumps off a bridge, preferably with bricks tied to it!
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Puscifer_No1
Ummm i guess he is from a country that hates Americans lol, but who said we are all American on here. What an idiot that was born in a backwards *$$ed country.POPEYE1716
I don't think anyone did, but I seem to remember myself telling him to not bash American's etc.