I love the PS3, but I was wondering what was the issue about the copyright...??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryan-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryan-06
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

I plan to buy me a PS3 sometime this year.  But I got a quick question about something I heard before.  a small issue.

What was this thing I heard about sony removing vibration from their controllers? was it because of a copyright dispute or something about the dual shock name?

Oh well, it's ok I guess.  I can live without the rumble, but I kinda got used to it while playing some PS2 games.

ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts

I plan to buy me a PS3 sometime this year. But I got a quick question about something I heard before. a small issue.

What was this thing I heard about sony removing vibration from their controllers? was it because of a copyright dispute or something about the dual shock name?

Oh well, it's ok I guess. I can live without the rumble, but I kinda got used to it while playing some PS2 games.

Ryan-06
Yeah they got issues with the owners of the technology. There is a company that offered themselves to release a new rumble for sony, but no official word yet, we dont even know if sony is interested at all.
Jamh83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jamh83
Member since 2006 • 689 Posts
Sony was sued by a company called Immersion that holds a patent that apparently states that any technology that provides force feedback via software is there's. Sony fought back, lost, and are now in the process of appealing the court's decision. For me personally, I haven't really noticed rumble in games outside of Metal Gear and God of War so it doesn't really bother me at all.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
It was about some copyright dispute with immersion so ya. They might re add it in the future. 
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
You cant really tell the difference.