I hate "the bayonetta factor"

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

dammit, lol I just saw furi with a bayonetta avatar and sig (well at least its better than having haze on your sig)

its a pic which I had already looked a couple of months ago, from bayonetta, I would just like to say that I HATE games like bayonetta, its a game developed by a team consisting of pervs and 0 women

they make a "hot" character for the game, so that way 90% of the people will buy the game just because the girl on it it's hot, I mean, just look at some of the pics, the game is certainly a man's wet dream, full of guns, swords, and girls with inhuman proportions, I just cant stand games like this! just like when they actually made lady from DMC look like a **** in DMC4!

I mean I have no problem against female characters, but why cant they just do regular girl characters? im not saying that they should make flat girls, who actually look like men, yeah we all know that girls have breast, no problem in making detailed breast on the videogame female characters, but at least try to make them look HUMAN and not something like a triple D!

ninja gaiden sigma 2 couldn't fell lower when they added the "bouncing bewbs feature" for mere merchandising!

say no to games with "the bayonetta factor"!!!

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

blog it yo.

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
platinum games is my favorite dev team, aka viewtiful joe. Also sexy sells, ninja gaiden sigma is selling just because of the six axis.
nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nero_rules
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
Yeah, games like this and NGS2 are what keep the videogames-are-for-13-year-old-boys stereotype alive.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Goddammit, I'm sick and tired of doing the rant. So I won't. Bottom line is, you've based this entire game on its presentation. Not cool, bro.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lightleggy
[QUOTE="Javieralijandro"]platinum games is my favorite dev team, aka viewtiful joe. Also sexy sells, ninja gaiden sigma is selling just because of the six axis.

thats what im saying, a game should sell because it's good or because its so bad people actually want to try it, not because theres a bunch of virtual girls in the game with huge inhuman hentai proportions. just take a look at the game! its obviously a copy of DMC4 just that using a female char as the prot. the girl's gun....its a double barreled revolver, exactly the same as blue rose just that its purple!
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lightleggy
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Goddammit, I'm sick and tired of doing the rant. So I won't. Bottom line is, you've based this entire game on its presentation. Not cool, bro.

basically what 99% of the people is doing, like I said, it's just calling a brickload of attention to most of the people because of the "hotness" on the game
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
um, of course its a dmc copy, its made by the creator of resident evil,viewtiful joe and dmc.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

dammit, lol I just saw furi with a bayonetta avatar and sig (well at least its better than having haze on your sig)

its a pic which I had already looked a couple of months ago, from bayonetta, I would just like to say that I HATE games like bayonetta, its a game developed by a team consisting of pervs and 0 women

they make a "hot" character for the game, so that way 90% of the people will buy the game just because the girl on it it's hot, I mean, just look at some of the pics, the game is certainly a man's wet dream, full of guns, swords, and girls with inhuman proportions, I just cant stand games like this! just like when they actually made lady from DMC look like a **** in DMC4!

I mean I have no problem against female characters, but why cant they just do regular girl characters? im not saying that they should make flat girls, who actually look like men, yeah we all know that girls have breast, no problem in making detailed breast on the videogame female characters, but at least try to make them look HUMAN and not something like a triple D!

ninja gaiden sigma 2 couldn't fell lower when they added the "bouncing bewbs feature" for mere merchandising!

lightleggy

I totally agree with you, buddy. But I'll go even farther: why can't we have fat guys/ladies as protagonists? I honestly would love to see that. That would be a welcomed change if you ask me.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

QuebecSuperstar

I totally agree with you, buddy. But I'll go even farther: why can't we have fat guys/ladies as protagonists? I honestly would love to see that. That would be a welcomed change if you ask me.

lol does mario looks skinny to you?
punchultimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 punchultimate
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

lightleggy

Hey calm down i know it sucks sometimes b/c it just perpetuates the idea that all gamers do is drool over these ridiculously perfectly sculpted women, but check out uncharted and uncharted 2. the women have clothes on! haha. but yeah im still kinda excited about bayonetta because the guy who did DMC did this one too. but yeah this is a problem with the video game industry i agree.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
i can't speak to what your specifically referring to as i've not played the game yet but i agree with your sentiment. i think real female characters are much more interesting then these very shallow one dimensional characters we've been seeing in a lot of games. uncharted i thinks a great example of real characters that are both honest in character and physically. i think character development is key if you have an interesting character it doesn't matter if they are male or female they are interesting. also i think its a bit insulting to people who play video games, that they would stereotype us all like that.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

And holy water too. :P

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lightleggy
i can't speak to what your specifically referring to as i've not played the game yet but i agree with your sentiment. i think real female characters are much more interesting then these very shallow one dimensional characters we've been seeing in a lot of games. uncharted i thinks a great example of real characters that are both honest in character and physically. i think character development is key if you have an interesting character it doesn't matter if they are male or female they are interesting. also i think its a bit insulting to people who play video games, that they would stereotype us all like that. clarkportmanken
exactly! just look at elena fisher from Uncharted. a regular girl you could see on the streets, she still looks cute, she doesn't need a DDDDDDDDDD bra to call attention or a butt made of silicone and she is still interesting as hell
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuebecSuperstar

lol does mario looks skinny to you? lightleggy

No, I mean a "real", non-cartoony protagonist.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]lol does mario looks skinny to you? QuebecSuperstar

niko from GTAIV is actually pretty fat, the guy has a huge belly
nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nero_rules

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]lol does mario looks skinny to you? QuebecSuperstar

Max Payne 3?
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 QuebecSuperstar

[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]lol does mario looks skinny to you? lightleggy

Yeah, but he's a secondary character, he's not THE protagonist, THE hero.

EDIT: You're probably talking about Roman because Niko is a skinny guy.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Wow, you seriously need to get off my back. Everywhere I go it's always Furi this or Furi that. Get over yourself.

QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 QuebecSuperstar

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]lol does mario looks skinny to you? nero_rules

Max Payne 3?

That guy is fat?!? :shock:

Avatar image for Kid_Notorious07
Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kid_Notorious07
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

QuebecSuperstar

Niko is thin and he is the protagonist roman is fat and hes nikos foil it works just like prototype with fat zeke

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

QuebecSuperstar

nope, niko, the main char, niko, dont believe me? put a sweeter to him, from modo, or basically any clothes, the guy IS fat
nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nero_rules

[QUOTE="nero_rules"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

QuebecSuperstar

Max Payne 3?

That guy is fat?!? :shock:

Looks a little heavy here:

Certainly not as perfect and in-shape as we're used to seeing videogame protagonists, anyway.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lightleggy

Wow, you seriously need to get off my back. Everywhere I go it's always Furi this or Furi that. Get over yourself.

Furi-Kun
what can I say? you are controversial and know how to call attention
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I find Bayonetta very good and fun.Should I not buy it because it has a hot chick?Same with NG:Sigma 2.I loved it.Should I return my copy??
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lightleggy
I find Bayonetta very good and fun.Should I not buy it because it has a hot chick?Same with NG:Sigma 2.I loved it.Should I return my copy??zbdyx
dont know...did you loved it because rachels BB?
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 QuebecSuperstar

nope, niko, the main char, niko, dont believe me? put a sweeter to him, from modo, or basically any clothes, the guy IS fatlightleggy

You're telling me that guy.......

.....Niko Bellic....is fat?!?!?!

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] nope, niko, the main char, niko, dont believe me? put a sweeter to him, from modo, or basically any clothes, the guy IS fatQuebecSuperstar

You're telling me that guy.......

.....Niko Bellic....is fat?!?!?!

lol seriously he looks awfully fat with some clothes, maybe you cant notice it from a certain angle, but from some, he sure looks fat

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I mean I have no problem against female characters, but why cant they just do regular girl characters? im not saying that they should make flat girls, who actually look like men, yeah we all know that girls have breast, no problem in making detailed breast on the videogame female characters, but at least try to make them look HUMAN and not something like a triple D!lightleggy
how there you say that. im actually seriously infuriated. you should appologize.
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 QuebecSuperstar

lol seriously he looks awfully fat with some clothes, maybe you cant notice it from a certain angle, but from some, he sure looks fat

lightleggy

Come on....awfully fat? Either you're tripping or we have different standards :P

I'm talking about that kind of fat:

nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nero_rules

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]lol seriously he looks awfully fat with some clothes, maybe you cant notice it from a certain angle, but from some, he sure looks fat

QuebecSuperstar

Come on....awfully fat? Either you're tripping or we have different standards :P

I'm talking about that kind of fat:

How about the guy from Heavy Rain?

QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 QuebecSuperstar

How about the guy from Heavy Rain?

nero_rules

Yeah, that's more like it.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

lightleggy

Take it up with the Japanese :P

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
What a ridiculous complaint. Honestly. I would hardly say that "90%" of people are going to buy Bayonetta because the character is perceived as hot. In fact, I know very few people who are truly amped for this game, (I am, and definitely not for Bayonetta's appearance, and I doubt it's that way for many of the people around here who are excited for it) and outside of GS, everyone of my Gamer friends is either disinterested in it, or thinks it looks stupid.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
god bless T&A... even if they're digital :lol:
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Oh, and nice sig Furi. ;) You should be honored that it had such a profound effect as to spawn such a thread. :P
dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dukerav
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

amsfm6

Take it up with the Japanese :P

Pretty much. No offense, but it does seem like there are in the majority of Japanese games, very unrealistically proportioned women in them, then again, the males most of the time look somewhat feminine, but thats a whole other topic. So for the most part I do tend to agree with you op, I would like to see more Elena Fisher's in games instead of women from DoA and the like.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

This is a completely ridiculous complaint. I don't know of anyone that's just buying this game because there's a "hot female character". Or anyone that bought NGS2 because of the six-axis feature fot that matter. I was excited for this game from the day it was announced because it's a lot like DMC which is one of my favorite series. After playing the demo I'm even more amped for this game. And to come at Furi because he chaged his sig? What does his sig have to do with you? Not a thing. Get over it dude. If you don't want to buy the game because you don't think it'll be good that's one ting, but to not want the game because it has a "hot female charcater" is just dumb. Oh and btw Furi, like the new avatar and sig.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I mean I have no problem against female characters, but why cant they just do regular girl characters? im not saying that they should make flat girls, who actually look like men, yeah we all know that girls have breast, no problem in making detailed breast on the videogame female characters, but at least try to make them look HUMAN and not something like a triple D!funsohng
how there you say that. im actually seriously infuriated. you should appologize.

I agree. Flat-chests are delicious. I'm outraged at the ludicrous statement.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

Yup lots of women are still just sex objects in games.

Avatar image for deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts

Furi-Kun

I think someone else needs to get over themself.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Well when I first saw the trailer for Bayonetta I didn't say to myself: "Damn, look at that gorgeous butt!" or "I'm getting this game because she is sooooo hawt!"

No, no, no. I said: "Holy Shaq-Fu!!!! Did she just turn into a BLACK SHAQ-FU'ING PANTHER!!!!!!????" That's when I knew I was getting the game. Where does that leave me within this so called "Bayonetta Factor?"

bellolugosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bellolugosi
Member since 2005 • 448 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

QuebecSuperstar

Saints Row2!!!

Tom-Servo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tom-Servo
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

lightleggy

Uh dude the character designer is a woman.

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Mmmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmm.

Dude, i know it looks ridiculous, just dont pay attention 2 bayonetta if you dont like it.

And, lmao in DMC 3 lady looks so F***ING ugly, and then in DMC4 they just made so many touch ups on her XD.

Also, bayonetta looks like it will not be very good in my opinion i mean, its just like DMC, but with a women.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

LOL, I think we've got a larva or pupa stage feminist here. Life's way too short to be spent getting enraged that guys like boobs. They do, get over it.

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

if people want to pay to see it then let em, I can google it for free :P

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

It's not the bayonetta factor, it's called sex sells. Nobody wants to play as an ordinary regular looking female character. It's a video game for crying out loud. Video games are made to have fun and do things you can't do in reality. Realistically you won't find many women with a figure like that of Bayonetta, but that doesn't mean they can't and shouldn't exist in a virtual world.

If you don't like, don't play it. Don't start threads to claim that the game only appeals to misogynistic males who only care about breast. We have real world women when we want to play with breast. If you have trouble with women then go to a strip joint. People play video games because they are fun not for breast. Also no UGGGLLY female character will ever sell games. Face it, we are a shallow people.

QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 QuebecSuperstar

bellolugosi

Saints Row2!!!

It doesn't count if the character is customizable. I'm talking about a fat protagonist who has a definite image and a name of his/her own.

ikn3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ikn3z
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts

I have absolutely no problem with hot female characters =)