I bought watch dog again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I bought a used copy at gamestop but returned it within 7 day period before finishing story mode. I finished second son which I rented at gamefly with free month trial and will return it. Second son is a 8/10 for graphics but just not my type of game to keep but graphics make the game.

I decided to buy back a used copy of watch dog. This time instead of putting on my credit card I decided to use preoder money which I paid the $7 difference I didnt cover in the pre-order.

If it wasnt for a dry spell of great games I doubt I would buy it back plus I want to finish story ,do side missions and go online. If I am not satisfied within a week I MAY RETURN IT AGAIN LOL.

I dont want any games until October when a massive load of games are coming out. So watch dog is keeping me company so to speak. Yes I am married but still like playing videogames.

My plan this yr is to buy drive club, maybe LBP 3, AC unity possibly, possible evil within, highly unlikely Madden and also maybe evolve. Drive Club is the only definite. i need to do more research but walking dead is interesting. I like the price of walking dead as well.

Yes I am fickle with games because games have to great for me to keep them and I am far from rich or poor but $60 don't grow on my trees at my apt.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Ok.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

and?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ewalthour

And don't be a jock strap. Just sharing if you don't care its cool wth me. I save money while you guys blow it on games half the time you don't finish or never play. Instead I keep a small library of games I actually play and don't another until I am done.

I am sharing my story of watch dog because I really have a like hate of this game for the way things are with mediocre graphics and all the over hype.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasean79

@ewalthour said:

And don't be a jock strap. Just sharing if you don't care its cool wth me. I save money while you guys blow it on games half the time you don't finish or never play. Instead I keep a small library of games I actually play and don't another until I am done.

I am sharing my story of watch dog because I really have a like hate of this game for the way things are with mediocre graphics and all the over hype.

Interesting, that the "like" overtook the "hate" since you bought it twice, ultimately spending almost twice as much money on one game.

I've never re-bought a game I traded in. I always figured it was good while I had it; time to move onto something else.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ewalthour

@jasean79: let me explain. I spent $7 on the game. The first time I brought it on a credit card and returned the used game within 7 days for full refund. I had the game on pre- order but all the bad press and mix reviews I didn't want a new copy, so I Waited until a used one became available. Now I bought it again, since I didn't finish the story plus I wanted to play around with side missions and online. The preorder was from trade ins so it was never money out of my pocket for the game anyway. So like I said I paid $7 for the game out of my pocket to make up the difference with what I had in trade ins to be a preorder. I got another used copy just in case I decide to finish story and get my fill of online and within a week say " you know what I can put this trade in towards drive club".

Hope this makes sense now. I wouldn't brag about paying for a game twice. That is stupid to me. Even if I paid twice I would have traded in the game or better yet sold it on the street for $40 or so bucks.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

@ewalthour: For the record, I finish every game. And btw, this topic is more of a blog post that anything that contributes to discussion, unless you were doing this to troll, in which case, Ive seen much better.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ewalthour

@xone_shotx91: I like trolling by saving money and not being like all these silly gamers buying junk and keeping it.

I finish the storyline today. It wasn't the best story in the world now I want to try online and all the side missions. The story was predictable to me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Good for you buddy watch dogs is my fav open world game.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasean79

@ewalthour: So you traded in games to buy a game that you traded in to buy again. Gotcha.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ewalthour

@jasean79: no the games were traded in before after finishing them. Then I used those traded in games for preorder of watchdogs. Then I picked up 2 used copies of watch dogs after the first game I returned after the one week ruturn policy for full refund on credit card then after finishing my gamefly rental of second son I picked another used copy of watch dog but this time using money from preorder. Ok this is my last time explaining. I do alot of typing and rushing my thoughts on my smartphone but this better had explai Ned or for you. You probably f%&&ing with me.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasean79

@ewalthour said:

@jasean79: no the games were traded in before after finishing them. Then I used those traded in games for preorder of watchdogs. Then I picked up 2 used copies of watch dogs after the first game I returned after the one week ruturn policy for full refund on credit card then after finishing my gamefly rental of second son I picked another used copy of watch dog but this time using money from preorder. Ok this is my last time explaining. I do alot of typing and rushing my thoughts on my smartphone but this better had explai Ned or for you. You probably f%&&ing with me.

I was totally being serious. This explanation here just made it even more confusing for me. I get the gist of what you're saying though, so we'll just leave it at that. :)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ewalthour

@jasean79: I meant picked one used copy of watch dog returned it then picked up next used copy after finishing second son. I have this insatiable desire that you understand and should have given up by now.

lacmicmcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lacmicmcd
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

Bruh, you should have just kept it to begin with. Saved your gas and time from trading it in so many times, and put your gas money towards a game you're going to get when it drops. I use to do that. Now I just keep everything I buy, and save my pocket change for future releases.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Should of just never bought it, they should never get anything for that piece of cr*p they put out, an absolute un polished game and no one can say otherwise, yes some people are having fun, and we should all get over the rubbish graphics, but when we start doing this we pretty much tell the developers o don't worry we'll take anything. lol

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I bought watch dogs and it was ok, overhyped but still a good game. Never played watch dog though.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@ewalthour: the best part of watch dogs is the digital trips. story was kind of boring honestly... side quests are also more fun for me too, wich is odd because i usually play games for the stories. watch dogs was predictable and boring when it came to the story though.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: i hear you loud and clear but the online is nice and the side missions are fun. Like I said before, if drive club was out or any other AAA games this summer I would be done with the game the first time. I am all for boycotting mediocrity. If I didn't have preofer money on it I would have gotten it the second time.

Now bezz if you didn't sell your game then you are wasting your money. So you haven't played the game since your initial time?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ewalthour

@MuD3: if this game didn't have a crap load of side missions and alot of online missions I wouldn't keep it. I agree 100% the story was predictable and boring.

Now the spider in digital trip is very fun and the hacking I am getting the hang of. The ctos I just played for the first time today and won as the driver and that too was fun and I will try it on my smartphone next time. I feel hippocritical for all the negative things I have said about watch dog which were warranted but bought it back. Oh well, Ubisoft picked a perfect time to release the game in the dog days of summer.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

@lacmicmcd: Exactly, only time I ever trade games in is to get gas money to make it to work, and even then I only do so if I have no alternative.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ewalthour

Contemplate, gas money over $60 uhhh no comparison. I don't regret anything I have done. I don't love a hr away from a gamestop for gas to offset wasting money of a game initially didn't want to keep.

lacmicmcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lacmicmcd

So.. I bet you have like 50,000 Power Up Rewards Points just off your Watch_Dogs transactions.

lacmicmcd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lacmicmcd

@xone_shotx91: I feel ya. I guess it's a good thing games are expensive AF when gas is too high. Lol.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i think i get what you're saying. i was also dissapointed with watch dogs. i played it on ps3, so the graphics were really bad. the side missions and stealth infiltration gameplay was what kept me playing the game, because the story was absolute garbage imo. still a good game though, just way too overhyped.

honestly i would trade it in now if there was something worth trading it in for, it feels like i've played all the worth while games this gen nothing interests me atm. i guess its time to go next gen but again, the only ps4 game that interests me right now is second son, and i'm not going to buy a whole system for 1 game so might as well wait.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ewalthour

@idunnodude: yeah I saw the ps3,graphic comparison and it look horrible. Gta 5 look way better and I know since I had it.. I would probably buy ps4 this October when alot if games are coming. If these games don't interest then beginning of next yr with Batman and the order.