I am selling my DS to get a psp...good idea?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dasher61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dasher61
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Ya so i am selling my ds with 5 games and i am gunna get the starwars package. If anyone has any games to start off with then that would be really helpful to.

I think i am gunna get Ratchet and Clank and i would want a good RPG and racing games...and does anyone one no anything about God of War on the psp.

bananas92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bananas92
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
great idea. get burnout legends. all i know about god of war is it's coming out in march.
Avatar image for JoelIncarnation
JoelIncarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JoelIncarnation
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts

Keep your DS.

or if you don't have one, get the lite.

I got my PSP a little while ago and I was really disappointed.
If you want to play games, DS; if you want to listen to music or watch downloadable content then by all means get the PSP.
The real problem is that the PSP just has no true gaming replay value... :(

If you have the money, just get the PS3/360. That will make you forget about both the DS and the PSP for a while!

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts

Keep your DS.

If you want to play games, DS; if you want to listen to music or watch downloadable content then by all means get the PSP.

If you have the money, just get the PS3/360. That will make you forget about both the DS and the PSP for a while!

JoelIncarnation

I disagree. I'm actually enjoying my psp better than my ds. Games like Silent Hill, Castlevania, Syphon Filter, Socom, Valykerie Profile, Brave Story, Tekken 5 DR, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and future titles that will be coming out are really fun to play. The DS is only good for a little quick mini games, which tends to get boring after awhile. The DS is pretty much a joke compared to the PSP.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I don't think it's the best of ideas, because eventually you'll want the other handheld back and end up buy it again. I would just sell the DS games you don't want, and just keep the DS and pay the rest off for your PSP.
venom312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 venom312
Member since 2007 • 3613 Posts

I don't think it's the best of ideas, because eventually you'll want the other handheld back and end up buy it again. I would just sell the DS games you don't want, and just keep the DS and pay the rest off for your PSP.WSGRandomPerson

i am with WSGRandomPerson!

Dasher61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dasher61

Keep your DS.

i do have a 360. i was just looking for some on the go gaming and since i do quite a bit of traveling i bought the ds and had some fun for a bit but they i got board and it looks like there are some good games out there for the psp.

JoelIncarnation
Dasher61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dasher61
i do have a 360
DarthTyranus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarthTyranus69
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Just some advice. Try not to ever sell your systems unless you need the money for an emergency. My advice would be to keep the DS and save some money from each paycheck. If you dont have a job then you might need to find another hobby. Other then that you could even sell some stuff on EBAY.

I have a PSP slim and the DS Lite. And there both great systems. With a great selection of games. You cant go wrong with either of them or both.

Dasher61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dasher61
ya i don't have a job and i have has my ds for a while...its ok but its getting old. So i am gunna sell it with 5 games EBA, Mario Cart, Zelda, NSMB and Pokemon pearl. i want something i can take to school and on the bus. But my main system will always be my 360. btw how much do you think i will get for that package i am selling
ChesterTheWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ChesterTheWorm
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts
I'd Suggest keep the DS for strategy games cuz strategy games for the PSP are almost non-existent & get the PSP for everything else such as games,video & music (music for a psp? :roll: )
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
Sell the DS, it is only good for a couple of games.
Dion4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dion4ever
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts

I'd keep the DS, really. I have had a couple of my friends trade in their PSP and got a DS. The DS and PSP are basically two different views and it's really hard to tell what views they really are. For example DS can be fun sometimes with Mario Kart DS but it can be full on action sometimes with Metroid Prime Hunters. Same thing goes with the PSP. So basically if it's just the DS you don't really like (or even if you do like it but still want to give it away or sell it or trade it, whatever) then yes get a PSP. But if your looking for different games, then I'd say DS as just got as good as PSP.

But if you really have made up your mind and want a PSP, I personally would take Daxter and Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. But if they are too kiddy for you (I'm not saying their kiddy) then Killzone Liberation might get your attention.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Trade it in. I got my DS and im bored of it. There was really only one game that was really good. Thats was The Sims Urbz in the city. PSP has greater games. Here are some game suggestions. The Warriors, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid any of them for psp, Final Fantasy tactics war of the lion i think thats what its called.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 avatar3000
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
i think u should sell ya DS for a PSP because PSPs can offer so much more like u watch movies on it and store music on it aswell.
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

sell the ds and get a psp and a 4gig memory stick...as for games portable ops is pretty fun

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
No. The DS and PSP complement each other nicely. It's better to have both.
Taysir_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Taysir_Z
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts
yes it's good idea
justin315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 justin315
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

Ya so i am selling my ds with 5 games and i am gunna get the starwars package. If anyone has any games to start off with then that would be really helpful to.

I think i am gunna get Ratchet and Clank and i would want a good RPG and racing games...and does anyone one no anything about God of War on the psp.

Dasher61

well.. get... syphon filter:logans shadow, crisis core and gow (when released) , tekken dr, street fighter, ridge racer seems like a nice game, medal of honor 2.. i suggest u get games that have good multiplayer stat, that will keep you interested for a very long time :)

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
id keep the DS... i have both.. but overall the DS pleases me more
al6596

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 al6596
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Its a good idea to get the PSP. Have the orignial for 3 years now and still enjoy playing it. I would keep the ds though because i do not get rid of any systems because I would want it a couple months later. Your choice. Smauri Warriors and Untold Legends are some good games.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
It's a great idea and you'll never regret doing it.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
Get Killzone Liberation and Socom fireteam bravo 2 only if you have online though.
jpfondeur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jpfondeur
Member since 2004 • 719 Posts
...good idea? ...Great Idea!
Cramer8775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cramer8775
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts

Its what I did and I'm very happy. I actually one have two games so far (I just got it for X-Mas), SOCOM FTB 2 and Twisted Metal. I don't think SOCOM FTB 2 has ever left my PSP since I've owned it, its an amazing game with an even better multi player. Anyways, its a good idea.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

Keep your DS.

JoelIncarnation

what are you talking about

the psp's games blow anything the DS has outta the water, PLUS "if you want to listen to music or watch downloadable content" you can do that too, so theres that and awesome games

the DS's main sellin point is it's gimmick touch control. i aint sayin they dont have good games, its just that most of their games arent adult friendly (i know some are, so dont go listing em cause i prolly already know em).

plus i got a 360 and its been sittin at the sidelines a little more since i got my psp games (til i get DMC4:D).

i would love to have a DS again (gave it to my bro as a gift, i was broke lol) but im happier with my psp, it can do almost anything :P and the games are to my taste