I am looking for a new RPG game. need some opinions and help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#1 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

it's been probably about a month since I beat dark souls 1. I got the second one last sale but to be honest I don't really like it as much as the first one. I am a really big fan of Dragon age so am looking for a game to hold me over till it comes out but at the same time I'm looking for a RPG game to really dig into and the enjoy.

I'm a big fan of intense action good story. great characters. and anime! so I was just wondering if they are any RPG games you guys could simply recommend and I might check out.

I have a wii u as well and a PlayStation 4.

thanks for the help ahead of time

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Ni No kuni and the Mass effect trilogy.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

if you have a good pc, skyrim is a good rpg to get since the nexus website has a lot of mods for the game. for the ps3, the only rpg that comes to mind is the mass effect trilogy. i really enjoyed the mass effect trilogy as well as all the dlc released for the mass effect trilogy. i'm also really looking forward to dragon age inquisition. destiny and dragon age inquisition are the 2 games i can't wait to get my hands on.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Witcher 2

Prime opportunity to hit it up as well with the third installment due in February, plus you can likely find it for cheap.

Fair warning: it's designed for an adult audience.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Action and anime? Sounds like the Tales series is for you. Tales of Xillia, Graces F and Symphonia HD are all solid buys. Symphonia has the best story and is a fan favorite, Graces the best gameplay but horrible story/characters and Xillia falls somewhere in between the two.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts
  • Demon's Souls not as good as Dark Souls 1 but still better than Dark Souls 2
  • Okami HD
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Nier
  • Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
  • the Witcher 1 & 2 (PC)
  • Bloodborne PS4 Soul game directed by the same person who made Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 out in March maybe

not everything i recommend is technically a rpg.

and do you own a ps3? most of the games i recommend aren't available to play on a wii u or ps4.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i'de recommend ni no kuni as well, it is either co-developed by studio ghibli or is a spiritual double of the studio's works, the characters seem to be childish (i am 38 btw), but as the story progresses the world just sucks you in...

if you haven't played the elder scroll series any of their recent games (skyrim or oblivion) is a good choice as well... if you haven't played fallout series by the same developer (bethesda) of the elder scrolls, you have to check it out as well...

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

If you have not played it already Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii, best option imo.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@agethe6 said:

it's been probably about a month since I beat dark souls 1. I got the second one last sale but to be honest I don't really like it as much as the first one. I am a really big fan of Dragon age so am looking for a game to hold me over till it comes out but at the same time I'm looking for a RPG game to really dig into and the enjoy.

I'm a big fan of intense action good story. great characters. and anime! so I was just wondering if they are any RPG games you guys could simply recommend and I might check out.

I have a wii u as well and a PlayStation 4.

thanks for the help ahead of time

Only Wii-U and Ps4? If you had a ps3 I would suggest Tales of Xillia and Ni No Kuni. Only rpg ps4 has is Bound by Flame. Not sure about Wii-U.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

Check out Transistor. It's pause and play (like Dragon Age except with more emphasis on pausing), it looks gorgeous and it does a great job of intertwining the story and gameplay.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#11 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

Thanks you all :) i'm going look more into (Transistor ) and (Tales of Xillia)