I actually wanted Alone in the Dark to play and do well.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
It seems like the game was aiming a bit too high and came out with a barely decent product. I thought they put a lot of work into the game and at least tried to innovate, unlike many other games that may have had more polished, so I'll be giving it a shot sometime. (Plus the music sounds epic. :3) What were your thoughts when playing the game/watching reviews? Best Review in my opinion via Gametrailers.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts

It seems like the game was aiming a bit too high and came out with a barely decent product. I thought they put a lot of work into the game and at least tried to innovate, unlike many other games that may have had more polished, so I'll be giving it a shot sometime. (Plus the music sounds epic. :3) What were your thoughts when playing the game/watching reviews? Best Review in my opinion via Gametrailers.Symphonycometh

It got slammed on IGN in the US (3.5 I believe), but that was only the 360 version. Although I can't see it improving much for the PS3 release later this year, you never know and it may improve.

ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]It seems like the game was aiming a bit too high and came out with a barely decent product. I thought they put a lot of work into the game and at least tried to innovate, unlike many other games that may have had more polished, so I'll be giving it a shot sometime. (Plus the music sounds epic. :3) What were your thoughts when playing the game/watching reviews? Best Review in my opinion via Gametrailers.RandomBeast

It got slammed on IGN in the US (3.5 I believe), but that was only the 360 version. Although I can't see it improving much for the PS3 release later this year, you never know and it may improve.

Yeh to a 4.0 :P

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Symphonycometh
/facepalm. I forgot the bloody game was delayed. T_T I hope the mods don't consider this flamebait for system wars.
Sw0rDMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Sw0rDMaN
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts
I just dont get it why the game is on the PS2 and not on the PS3 for now..
VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 VegasAceVII
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts

They are probably going to try and add some SIXAXIS control-type thing. It may be a disaster though...considering all the reviews complain about awkward controls.

Hopefully! If they are smart, they will wait it out and see what people complain about and then fix it for the PS3 version. I don't know if that will save Atari, but it may save the game...

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

Wow, I didn't know the game is that bad. I was semi looking forward to it too. Oh well, there goes another possible gem down the tubes.:(

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Well, I'm going to rent it next week, but from watching MANY reviews, I have to admit the games looks like it has bad controls, glitches(I've seen people driving and fall through the ground), and the worst car driving ever.

It's a shame. I think they had the right ideas, but executed them rather poorly. I'll find out myself when I rent it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 189302
Member since 2004 • 226 Posts
Wow that sucks, I was interested as well. Oh well, saves me money.
dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3057 Posts
I was a huge fan of the original pc versions, but since the ps1 version was horrible and now this one is shaping up to be even worse. The first one nailed it; puzzles, shooting, monsters, all wrapped in a creepy house with a cool story.
solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

It seems like the game was aiming a bit too high and came out with a barely decent product. I thought they put a lot of work into the game and at least tried to innovate, unlike many other games that may have had more polished, so I'll be giving it a shot sometime. (Plus the music sounds epic. :3) What were your thoughts when playing the game/watching reviews? Best Review in my opinion via Gametrailers.Symphonycometh

To expect good horrow game from anywhere beside Japan is a bit hard at the moment. Even movie wise Japan has most of the slasher/gore films in US beat easily.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
It never really gave me a reason to be interested in it. I think I've played the demo, but I didn't like it much.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
Poor reviews or not, when it hits for the PS3 I'm buying it.
Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts

Poor reviews or not, when it hits for the PS3 I'm buying it.nyc05

Same here, I think it looks pretty sick.

zspec562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zspec562
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts
man i thought this game looked good, that sucks to hear its not looking so hot
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts

They are probably going to try and add some SIXAXIS control-type thing. It may be a disaster though...considering all the reviews complain about awkward controls.

Hopefully! If they are smart, they will wait it out and see what people complain about and then fix it for the PS3 version. I don't know if that will save Atari, but it may save the game...

VegasAceVII

The late PS3 release is to add additional chapters into the story. It will probably suck, but you never know.

ReaperZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ReaperZA
Member since 2003 • 1521 Posts
Looks dissapointing to me, saw the last trailer and was "Oh noes!" :?
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
it's atari, what did you expect seriously? Everything they have done on all platfroms as been crap except for the original budokai series. The 3rd one of those was actually pretty awsome , but that was it.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
what good is a game where you can skip the levels? That is what we all get games for, so we can skip levels and not play. This review actually makes me think less of the game than IGN did and this review gave it a 7.3.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
Wow i thought the game would get like a 7.0.8.0 ish, i have no idea it would score this low, oh well for horror survival fans like myself ima get siren and resident evil 5 once they both are released :)
Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Prisoner1137

Wow i thought the game would get like a 7.0.8.0 ish, i have no idea it would score this low, oh well for horror survival fans like myself ima get siren and resident evil 5 once they both are released :)realistic44

I'll most likey still buy this game, If I could get you know what then I could get this lol

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realistic44

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Wow i thought the game would get like a 7.0.8.0 ish, i have no idea it would score this low, oh well for horror survival fans like myself ima get siren and resident evil 5 once they both are released :)Prisoner1137

I'll most likey still buy this game, If I could get you know what then I could get this lol

lol what else :o :P i was going to get it, but gametrailers is a legit site lol, if it was gamespot i would definetly still consider because review this place sucks, even a 7 year old is more better giving reviews than g/s is, ign i would still consider but knowing that it is gametrailers which is a really fair site. i might not buy it, im definetly getting siren though, i pre-order my copy from play asia just two weeks ago :o ;)

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Prisoner1137
[QUOTE="Prisoner1137"]

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Wow i thought the game would get like a 7.0.8.0 ish, i have no idea it would score this low, oh well for horror survival fans like myself ima get siren and resident evil 5 once they both are released :)realistic44

lol what else :o :P i was going to get it, but gametrailers is a legit site lol, if it was gamespot i would definetly still consider because review this place sucks, even a 7 year old is more better giving reviews than g/s is, ign i would still consider but knowing that it is gametrailers which is a really fair site. i might not buy it, im definetly getting siren though, i pre-order my copy from play asia just two weeks ago :o ;)

Siren does look cool, I'll still keep my eye on that too. You going to be online when I get out in 30 mins? BETTER!!

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 realistic44
[QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"]

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Wow i thought the game would get like a 7.0.8.0 ish, i have no idea it would score this low, oh well for horror survival fans like myself ima get siren and resident evil 5 once they both are released :)Prisoner1137

Siren does look cool, I'll still keep my eye on that too. You going to be online when I get out in 30 mins? BETTER!!

Ill probably can, im about to go to gamestop drop my job application, and then try to get battlefield bad company as well as probably hot shots golf. :P :), i got to get a job again and get that money, still got alot of expanding to do on games/ sneaks lol :P

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Prisoner1137
[QUOTE="Prisoner1137"][QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"]

[QUOTE="realistic44"]Wow i thought the game would get like a 7.0.8.0 ish, i have no idea it would score this low, oh well for horror survival fans like myself ima get siren and resident evil 5 once they both are released :)realistic44

Ill probably can, im about to go to gamestop drop my job application, and then try to get battlefield bad company as well as probably hot shots golf. :P :), i got to get a job again and get that money, still got alot of expanding to do on games/ sneaks lol :P

If I knew I was low on cash, I would do my best to spread it out instead of buying games. Well....in ur case you could always sell the Jordans on ebay to get some extra cash :)

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 realistic44
[QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"][QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"]

If I knew I was low on cash, I would do my best to spread it out instead of buying games. Well....in ur case you could always sell the Jordans on ebay to get some extra cash :)

Lol i can never sell my jordans , they are my baby's and i love them :lol: :P , ima wait til my irs check comes in the mail which is july 11th, 3 days before ncaa football 09 coming out, oh yeah im soo getting that game lol :D, and ima sell my tv, well a 50/50 chance, ive posted ad's all around my neighborhood, like a 100 of em :lol: :)

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Prisoner1137
[QUOTE="Prisoner1137"][QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"][QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"]

Lol i can never sell my jordans , they are my baby's and i love them :lol: :P , ima wait til my irs check comes in the mail which is july 11th, 3 days before ncaa football 09 coming out, oh yeah im soo getting that game lol :D, and ima sell my tv, well a 50/50 chance, ive posted ad's all around my neighborhood, like a 100 of em :lol: :)

What kinda of tv is it?

Just tell me the list of game ur getting on PSN, lol I'm losing track now.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 realistic44
[QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"][QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"][QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="Prisoner1137"]

What kinda of tv is it?

Just tell me the list of game ur getting on PSN, lol I'm losing track now.

like the demo's- ncaa football 2009, top spin 3, hot shots golf out of bounds, battlefield bad company ( ima delete soon lol since im probably getting my copy of it today :) , and Siren ;)

the tv by the way is a sony standard def 36 inch, its about 10 years old, but its in actually pretty good condition, its currently right now just laying on my room lol :P

Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
Watch the PS3 version being delayed because they are actually trying to make it good. Come on Phil. You know we love ya.
romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

Poor reviews or not, when it hits for the PS3 I'm buying it.nyc05

Well, seems like you buy everything...

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 realistic44

[QUOTE="nyc05"]Poor reviews or not, when it hits for the PS3 I'm buying it.romainsimoni

I dont think there is nothing wrong with buying everything, i wish i wouldve had saved enough money to do the same actually, so that i can choose a variety of games to play from, whatever game im in the mood i play, thatll be awesome :)

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

[QUOTE="nyc05"]Poor reviews or not, when it hits for the PS3 I'm buying it.romainsimoni

Nope. There's many more games that I don't buy then I do buy.

What of it, anyway? You act like it's a bad thing that I buy a lot of games.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 realistic44
[QUOTE="romainsimoni"]

[QUOTE="nyc05"]Poor reviews or not, when it hits for the PS3 I'm buying it.nyc05

Its not really, its actually an awesome thing, in all honest

because now you can choose whatever game your in the mood for , which is pretty damn cool , imo 8)

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
[QUOTE="romainsimoni"]

[QUOTE="nyc05"]Poor reviews or not, when it hits for the PS3 I'm buying it.nyc05

Don't mean to sound like it's a bad thing, I would love to be able to buy that many games, but for various reasons I have to be a little selective.

painpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#37 painpas
Member since 2003 • 354 Posts
they may pull a fatal enerxia with this game believe it.
GerrywithaG15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GerrywithaG15
Member since 2007 • 999 Posts
i didnt i have enough games to buy as it is
wazzup987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 wazzup987
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

i agree i wanted it to do well it looked so good with the things you could do in the inventory system, ill probably pick it up at 20 or ththirty dollars all it really needed was a bit mor time in the oven
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Symphonycometh
it's atari, what did you expect seriously? Everything they have done on all platfroms as been crap except for the original budokai series. The 3rd one of those was actually pretty awsome , but that was it. gamenerd15
Based on what we've seen thus far this gen, anything goes really. I mean, is EA not trying to innovate for once in their sad company lives?