How to improve the God of War series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

I think the dust has finally settled in regards to this series, until Ghost of Sparta comes out.

In the future what are some things you would like to see in the series? What could be added, what could be taken away?

I know many think its a really great game and many have it at their GOTY. Say you had a say in the series. Where would you go from here?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
ill wait to see what the next team ico game does and then ill tell you :P
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I don't think it needed to be improved after the first game.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Coolyfett

Shad0ki11

So beat up goons, beat up boss cutscence, beat up goons, beat up boss cutscene.....you want that formula forever with the series?

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
GOW series is done.
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

a better camera during the platforming bits and a longer single player campaign (like more than 15 hours say)

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Better Camera, Better combat, Better story, Longer..
kyle_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kyle_360
Member since 2009 • 530 Posts

NONE LINEAR GAMEPLAY.......also some areas that have no enemies and have civilians just living thier lives and you can purchus weapons and stuff from stores instead of finding them and upgrading through the pause menu......everytime you seepeople in god of war there just running away.

BIGGEST problem in god of war is that it feels too much of an arcade GAME ...i would like them to add the things i previously mentioned...that way you could really get the feeling that your in GREECE and not a video game,.....you know have people you talk too and stuff...i uno just some thoughts.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

NONE LINEAR GAMEPLAY.......also some areas that have no enemies and have civilians just living thier lives and you can purchus weapons and stuff from stores instead of finding them and upgrading through the pause menu......everytime you seepeople in god of war there just running away.

kyle_360

Weapons from the gods, now sold in stores!!!

kyle_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kyle_360
Member since 2009 • 530 Posts

[QUOTE="kyle_360"]

2Chalupas

Weapons from the gods, now sold in stores!!!

OK ya i guess the weapons part was stupid lol but come on...you can't tell me you wouldnt like them to make it less linear and add more things that DONT want to kill you to make you feel like your really in greece....just to expande abit...PRINCE OF PERSIA had that problem too....you feel like your alone in the world with abillion enemies trying to kill you

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Improve? I love the series for giving me more of what makes God of War so epic. More of the same formula is perfectly fine by me. :)

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

The best thing they could do with this series is let it end. Don't beat it into the ground, just leave at the trilogy + the two PSP games and be done.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

So beat up goons, beat up boss cutscence, beat up goons, beat up boss cutscene.....you want that formula forever with the series?

It's not like Sony shoves down our throats God Of War games yearly, so it's understandable why some poeple don't feel the "need" to change the formula.
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Coolyfett

I know I do, God of War 1 is amazing.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
GOW3 was hands down an huge improvement..i just want more. I don't know how much more you could improve on that so I'll just say make another version and make it more bloodier and raw..but leave the sex stuff out.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coolyfett

GOW series is done. RTUUMM

You are sadly mistaken! You really think Sony will leave all that money on the table?

Who else believes this lie?

Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts

Make it a generic FPS with lots of glitches:P

Then it will sell double

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Coolyfett

The best thing they could do with this series is let it end. Don't beat it into the ground, just leave at the trilogy + the two PSP games and be done.

hxczuner

Dude you cant be a real GOW fan saying stuff like that.....Are you afraid that the creators can not make another gem? Thats what a series is...a series of games. Can you explain the reasoning?

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Make ranged attacks useful. The bow is all but useless except when needed to trick harpies.

Dante's Inferno paled in comparison to GOW3, but the ranged attacks where much better than GOW's bow (that drains magic).

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Make ranged attacks useful. The bow is all but useless except when needed to trick harpies.

Dante's Inferno paled in comparison to GOW3, but the ranged attacks where much better than GOW's bow (that drains magic).

in gow3, it doesnt drain magic. you have an item bar that refills on its own. you might as well peg a few arrows or blind enemies (frankly, i would have done that just to look at the head lamp :P ) every now and then. it was actually balanced pretty well this time around. the bow isnt as powerful as your melee weapons, but most enemies wont be able to hit you from afar.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
No lame cliffhanger ending like in God of War 3.. no pun intended. And only to find out a PSP GOW game will be coming out which dates back between GOW1 and 2. Eh....
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Coolyfett

BIGGEST problem in god of war is that it feels too much of an arcade GAME ...i would like them to add the things i previously mentioned...that way you could really get the feeling that your in GREECE and not a video game,.....you know have people you talk too and stuff...i uno just some thoughts.

kyle_360

I like this post! There are not any moments to let your thumbs rest....it constant people coming at you. And the game is always giving you new weapons it would be cool to actually find them in a more open world.

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

a better camera during the platforming bits and a longer single player campaign (like more than 15 hours say)

bobbleheadrogue
This...
UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UbiquitousAeon
Member since 2010 • 2099 Posts

After the PSP one, I really don't want to see another God of War game, it's time for something new. Perhaps a spiritual sucessor, but not another God of War.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Coolyfett

God of War would have been fine had it just ended with the first game. What's this "forever with the series" talk?

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

As far as Im concerned God of War is just the perfect action game, very hard to top. I dont think there is much that could be added to improve it.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Coolyfett

Dude you cant be a real GOW fan saying stuff like that.....Are you afraid that the creators can not make another gem? Thats what a series is...a series of games. Can you explain the reasoning?

I just think the series is perfect as is. I'd buy another one, but it's not necessary. I don't know
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Shad0ki11

God of War would have been fine had it just ended with the first game. What's this "forever with the series" talk?

Continues.... = Forever