How long of a wait for Midnight Release?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NYSea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 NYSea
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Hey guys,

Just wondering how long it'll take for these stores to go through everyone with a preorder at Midnight? Does anyone have any experience in these things (maybe someone who did it for Ghosts?)? Looking to go next thursday night, but don't wanna be there until like 1:30-2.

xeon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 xeon71
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts

I have experience as I waited in line for the PS3 when it came out. My buddies and I were all buying one and we waited in line at our local EB Games when they closed at 7pm. We were the first ones in line and they only let in so many people at a time. We were in and out in no time. But like I said, we were the first ones in line. If you show up at Midnight, you will likely be waiting for a bit as I assume there will be a lineup. You'd want to be there earlier for sure. My advice is call Walmart or wherever you are going around 7 or 8pm and ask if anyone is outside in line already.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

It'll depend on a few things:

• How many Preorders the store had
  • How many of them show up at midnight
  • How many people try to show up without a preorder

People with preorders should be in and out pretty quickly especially since a lot of games will be available before the console is available so I'd imagine you should be out of there within an hour. Most midnight releases for games I've gone to, I've been out of there within 30 minutes. I usually even plan to show up at 12:15.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

Dont do it unless you get good sleep earlier that day and have a big meal before hand and empty out your bladder and rectum. I did it once and like a dumbass did it at a big store so I had to wait like 4 hours, the line was around the block. I was tired, hungry, and had to piss....ohhh and my god it was fucking cold. If you pre ordered it just stroll in the next day and pick it up, that way you'll have all day to set it up and play it. BUT if you didn't pre order it then midnight might be your only chance.

If a store has PS4 preorders sold out, you aren't going to get one by going to a midnight release. They aren't going to give you a PS4 that someone else pre-ordered under any circumstances.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#6 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Don't wast time waiting like a sucker. Get whatever sticker you need on your receipt, leave and go do whatever, then show up around midnight. The lines move very quickly since all the payment is done already. It takes about five seconds per person to get their goods.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

I thought about going to my local midnight launch but I just don't think I could do it... too many people and I'd never get any sleep. I'll just go first thing on the 29th.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I thought about going to my local midnight launch but I just don't think I could do it... too many people and I'd never get any sleep. I'll just go first thing on the 29th.

How do you know there will be too many people? Only have one midnight launch going on in your area? The PS4 really isn't *that* popular. Still a lot of people don't even know about its existence.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

I doubt you'll be waiting for a long time.

I imagine the staff will want to go to bed so will probably hurry everything along at max speed.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

BUT if you didn't pre order it then midnight might be your only chance.

eh, why do people keep suggesting this? you cant just stroll into a retail store at a midnight release if you didnt pre-order and expect to pick up a PS4 just like that..its not that simple.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I would say it is safe to assume most people that want a PS4 know about it by now. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they will get one at launch or even 4 years into the consoles life cycle....