How did Killzone 2 not get at least 9.5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TomN0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TomN0
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

hey im just wondering if im the only one who is cofused with killzone 2s rating :S

After watching the review i thought it was a definate 10 but soehow it got given the same rating as resistence 2 what the hell gamespot

adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts

9.0 is an awesome score, you just have to accept the fact that the game isn't perfect.

oh and inb4locked

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

yea seems strang to me as well. 9.0 is a high score but....

i mean realy no review i have read so farrealy has much negative to say about the game. ign made an issue of the flame throwers flam stream not looking good and a few bad shadow's but that about it. personaly i feel a 9.5 would have been a more fair score. but hay we cant have so many exclussives out scoreing halo and gow now can we:roll:

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

I know it's frustrating not having a 10 on "your" game...

When you wait and wait for a game to come out, and it's so hyped... you expect the game to have great score.

But it's just numbers, it's just how they think the game was, if you think the game deserve a 10, just write your own review!

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Hot-Tamale
Member since 2009 • 2052 Posts
No co-op.
CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
no one cares. lock it.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
honestly i see where your coming from. Its one of the best FPS's ive ever played.
Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts
[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]

yea seems strang to me as well. 9.0 is a high score but....

i mean realy no review i have read so farrealy has much negative to say about the game. ign made an issue of the flame throwers flam stream not looking good and a few bad shadow's but that about it. personaly i feel a 9.5 would have been a more fair score. but hay we cant have so many exclussives out scoreing halo and gow now can we:roll:

hey. we have tons of games that are better than Halo and Gears.
CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 CannedWorms
Member since 2009 • 3381 Posts

Fanboys are never happy:roll:

Just play the game and enjoy it.

blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts
9.0 is solid and there is no co-op.
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts
anyone answer me, how could GOW (cover, shoot, run) get a 9.6 and KZ2 get a 9? i dun have a def. for KZ2 other than saying 1st person shooter than does everything 100% .
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
OH GOD!! When will you fanboys realize that reviews are based off of someone else's opinions, SO WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT A GAME GETS?!!! Do you like the game? DO YOU HAVE IT?! You tc's who make these "Why did this game not get a 9.0 or 10?" really need to snap out of it.
chego720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chego720
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

anyone answer me, how could GOW (cover, shoot, run) get a 9.6 and KZ2 get a 9? i dun have a def. for KZ2 other than saying 1st person shooter than does everything 100% .2mrw

Because the cover system was a revolutionary thing back in 2006, when the game was reviewed. It's probably worth noting that Gears of War 2 got a 9.

CannedWorms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15 CannedWorms
Member since 2009 • 3381 Posts
anyone answer me, how could GOW (cover, shoot, run) get a 9.6 and KZ2 get a 9? i dun have a def. for KZ2 other than saying 1st person shooter than does everything 100% .2mrw
Comparing a 2006 game to a 2009 game? How fanboyish of you. Comparing a FPS to a TPS, huh? And you could say Killzone 2 has the same "cover, shoot, run" method, but that doesn't tell the whole story. BTW I love Killzone 2.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

OH GOD!! When will you fanboys realize that reviews are based off of someone else's opinions, SO WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT A GAME GETS?!!! Do you like the game? DO YOU HAVE IT?! You tc's who make these "Why did this game not get a 9.0 or 10?" really need to snap out of it.MusashiSensi

:lol: I love how people get so worked up about a number ..

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
It's still a good score.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]OH GOD!! When will you fanboys realize that reviews are based off of someone else's opinions, SO WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT A GAME GETS?!!! Do you like the game? DO YOU HAVE IT?! You tc's who make these "Why did this game not get a 9.0 or 10?" really need to snap out of it.CanadianCR

Exactly. I mean they act as if they actually worked on the game themselves & lost monet for a 9.0 rating. Geez!
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

are you really telling me that you are DISAPPOINTED with it's score?

:lol:

leave. :|

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts
IMO, after completing the game, I'd give the single player an 8.5 because it wasn't that special considering the hype the game was given and was too damn short and the story was boring not to mention those hiccups at each damn checkpoint and saving :evil:. Anyway, the online makes up for it which is a 9.0 because it still doesn't exceed COD4's experience. Overall, KZ2 is an 8.7 and I'm being generous tbh.
TurnBasedCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TurnBasedCast
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

wtf? are you freaking serious? it gets 9 outa a 10 and you freak out because you think it should have gotten .5 more points? I just have one question, can you say fanboy?

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#22 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts
When reviewing a game, you have to look at the whole package. Indeed, the game looks absolutely stunning, it has tight gunplay and smart AI. However, it lacks almost any innovation, which isn't such a big deal but still, and it's story is almost nonexistent. Additionally, the story is only 9 hours long. To get a 10, it has to excel in all those categories and additionally add some stuff that no-one could ever have expected, something that had never appeared in a game. And taking in account the ridiculously high standards people have nowadays, 9.0 is actually an incredible score (LBP got the same score, for example).
ggaw21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ggaw21
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I belive what i Played So far Of Killzone 2 it dose need 9.5 are higher. It would take Halo 1&2 and 3 all out with one hit. Ko
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CanadianCR
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]OH GOD!! When will you fanboys realize that reviews are based off of someone else's opinions, SO WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT A GAME GETS?!!! Do you like the game? DO YOU HAVE IT?! You tc's who make these "Why did this game not get a 9.0 or 10?" really need to snap out of it.MusashiSensi

Exactly. I mean they act as if they actually worked on the game themselves & lost monet for a 9.0 rating. Geez!

Also, the best part is it got a nine .. last time I checked, nine out of ten, is a great score .. but hey, maybe I'm the one that is wrong .. :lol:

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CanadianCR

I belive what i Played So far Of Killzone 2 it dose need 9.5 are higher. It would take Halo 1&2 and 3 all out with one hit. Koggaw21

Please don't post here ..

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="TomN0"]

hey im just wondering if im the only one who is cofused with killzone 2s rating :S

After watching the review i thought it was a definate 10 but soehow it got given the same rating as resistence 2 what the hell gamespot

Are you done crying now? Did you even read the review? Who cares really? The game got a good score...crying over it isn't going to make GS change their review.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

Also, the best part is it got a nine .. last time I checked, nine out of ten, is a great score .. but hey, maybe I'm the one that is wrong .. :lol:

When you're a fanboy, any exclusive receiving less than a 10 is blasphemy and deserves a whole complain thread about it because combatting the enemy's games with our games is the utmost priority if we are to win the... "war."

Also, Killzone 2 does not deserve a 9.0.

It deserves a 9.5 because I said so and my opinion is fact. GameSpot isn't allowed to have a differing opinion.

Evil_Engine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Evil_Engine
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts
Killzone 2 didnt get a better review score because of a lack of split-screen and no co-op of any kind.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"] Exactly. I mean they act as if they actually worked on the game themselves & lost monet for a 9.0 rating. Geez!Scianix-Black

When you're a fanboy, any exclusive receiving less than a 10 is blasphemy and deserves a whole complain thread about it because combatting the enemy's games with our games is the utmost priority if we are to win the... "war."

Also, Killzone 2 does not deserve a 9.0.

It deserves a 9.5 because I said so and my opinion is fact. GameSpot isn't allowed to have a differing opinion.

Fanboys shouldn't be allowed here ..

We should blacklist them all ..

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
Why are you complaining about a 9????!!!!!! You realize that means the game is outstanding. This is the problem with the newest generation of gamers. If it doesn't score a 9 or above, it obviously can't be good. I'm 17 and I've been gaming since I was 4 so don't think I'm some old man. I've just been playing for a long time. But seriously, I have alot of friends who play games and the ones who have played games for a long time realize what the scores mean(6 average, 7 good, 8 great, etc.) while the rest of them do something like this, "WTF, that game got an 8.5? It obviously must suck." 2 things wrong with that statement. 1) Why does it matter if someone didn't think it was near perfect? If you do, then great. I'm glad that someone bought a game and really enjoyed it as that is the whole point. 2) Considering an 8.5(or in this case a 9) means the game is great or outstanding, how can you really complain?
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

9 is a near perfect score and

KZ2 is a near perfect game.

Thats right NEAR!

/thread.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
I'm not surprised that it only got a 9.0, they never seemed especially enthusiastic when talking about it. It's still a great score, though.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#33 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
If they can give Gears 2 a 9.5 after it didn't change much of anything from the first one, and with it's awful glitched out mp, KZ2 should get a 9.5...........
Risitance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Risitance
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
Who cares what Gamespot thinks, you have a opinion too.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please keep all Killzone 2 discussion in the Official Sticky.