How bad is the hacking in mw2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Windown_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Windown_95
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I mean how bad is it. whats the probobily in getting into a mach . 50% per game. How bad does it ruin the game?
RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts
It's pretty bad, but you can still find a lot of hacker-less matches. I'd advise you to only get it if it's really cheap. Stay in un-hacked matches as long as you can, and leave hacked matches once you see something out of place. I've never gotten into a hacked match without knowing it was hacked, so I just left right away. The biggest problem is that a few matches don't even let you access the start menu to leave, making you exit out through your XMB if you don't want to get raised to 70 or have something else happen. I'm sure that anyone trying to play with friends will have an even harder time finding a good game.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
It's pretty bad, but you can still find a lot of hacker-less matches. I'd advise you to only get it if it's really cheap. Stay in un-hacked matches as long as you can, and leave hacked matches once you see something out of place. I've never gotten into a hacked match without knowing it was hacked, so I just left right away. The biggest problem is that a few matches don't even let you access the start menu to leave, making you exit out through your XMB if you don't want to get raised to 70 or have something else happen. I'm sure that anyone trying to play with friends will have an even harder time finding a good game.RogueShodown
I honestly think it sucks that IW and Acti have no plans at all to try and allieviate this problem. They said it was due mainly to the PS3 hack and how it handles authentication. Problem I have believing that is that Black Ops is yet to be hacked hard as well as almost every other PS3 game out there. I honestly think that it is all down to money and resources. They have made most of the money they ever will from MW2, so why waste resources when they are already on a new game, with MW3 most likely releasing in November per usual. I honestly hope this hurts Acti in every way possible. I used to LOVE the CoD games, especialyl CoD2 and CoD:MW. But the games are so different now. I hope this crap forces them to completely revamp their engine and security...we all know it is about time.
321orez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 321orez
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts
I honestly think that the game is not worth buying. I just returned it to gamestop for...$5, after I played over 15 matches in a row trying to find an unhacked one. Not to mention that my level was raised to 70, destroying any effort to work to unlock anything
gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 gangster480
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

could someone tell me what happens in modern warfare 2 when some one hacks it? what does the hack do? I was trying to look it up but its a bunch of how tos.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
[QUOTE="danjammer69"][QUOTE="ImprovedMind"]

The game is ruined. You will not find an unhacked match. Soon most other games will be like this too. The PS3 is going down.

ImprovedMind
You really are not helping things.

I don't want to see it happen but careful analysis of the recent events and the complete destruction of MW, WaW, MW2, along with the rumors of Black Ops going down, and the knowledge that every day that passes the more refined the hacks will get and eventually will reach a point where it will be so easy to do that every game will be ruined. Your happy and optimistic view isn't helping. Step back and take a realistic view of the whole situation, the PS3 is going down.

Um what are you talking about? Because everything (for you, yet not for me, yet I don't play much CoD) on Cod is being hacked, the Ps3 is going down? If you are referring to the recent developments in opening up the firmware on the PS3, then that has nothing to do with "hacks" on online games (yet and not likely ever). Please respond back, I would like to know what the hell you think you are talking about.
321orez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 321orez
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts

could someone tell me what happens in modern warfare 2 when some one hacks it? what does the hack do? I was trying to look it up but its a bunch of how tos.

gangster480
Invincible Invisible Aim Bot 1 hit kill Shoot through anything...By anything I mean anything. From what the kill cam told me, press r1 twice, then shoot
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

The hacks are everywhere now in that game. I think maybe 2/3 of the matches I joined had hackers in them. I would say just play Black Ops and get rid of MW2.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="ImprovedMind"][QUOTE="danjammer69"][QUOTE="ImprovedMind"]

The game is ruined. You will not find an unhacked match. Soon most other games will be like this too. The PS3 is going down.

You really are not helping things.

I don't want to see it happen but careful analysis of the recent events and the complete destruction of MW, WaW, MW2, along with the rumors of Black Ops going down, and the knowledge that every day that passes the more refined the hacks will get and eventually will reach a point where it will be so easy to do that every game will be ruined. Your happy and optimistic view isn't helping. Step back and take a realistic view of the whole situation, the PS3 is going down.

I just don't want it to happen. That is all. I have so much money and time invested in the PS3. I also think it sucks since SONY has completely turned around the PS3 since 2006-2007's misfortunes. But taking a realistic view just doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. I know it makes sense, but I refuse to think the entire PS3 is going to go down. But I certainly understand and recognize where you are coming from.
ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts
[QUOTE="paradigm68"][QUOTE="ImprovedMind"][QUOTE="danjammer69"] You really are not helping things.

Um what are you talking about? Because everything (for you, yet not for me, yet I don't play much CoD) on Cod is being hacked, the Ps3 is going down? If you are referring to the recent developments in opening up the firmware on the PS3, then that has nothing to do with "hacks" on online games (yet and not likely ever). Please respond back, I would like to know what the hell you think you are talking about.

I refrained from in depth explanation as it is not allowed here on Gamespot. But simply put, each day that passes with the master keys out, the better the custom firmware that will be produced. With each iteration of the firmware more and more people will be able to install without worries of bricking the system. Soon developers will make easy to use hacks for the CF that will be adopted by many people. CoD is only the start of it. The PS3 is going down. I understand why you are in such a state of rage and anger. The PS3 is slowly being destroyed and there is nothing that we or Sony can do but watch it implode.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="paradigm68"][QUOTE="ImprovedMind"] I don't want to see it happen but careful analysis of the recent events and the complete destruction of MW, WaW, MW2, along with the rumors of Black Ops going down, and the knowledge that every day that passes the more refined the hacks will get and eventually will reach a point where it will be so easy to do that every game will be ruined. Your happy and optimistic view isn't helping. Step back and take a realistic view of the whole situation, the PS3 is going down.ImprovedMind

I refrained from in depth explanation as it is not allowed here on Gamespot. But simply put, each day that passes with the master keys out, the better the custom firmware that will be produced. With each iteration of the firmware more and more people will be able to install without worries of bricking the system. Soon developers will make easy to use hacks for the CF that will be adopted by many people. CoD is only the start of it. The PS3 is going down. I understand why you are in such a state of rage and anger. The PS3 is slowly being destroyed and there is nothing that we or Sony can do but watch it implode.

did you seriously enter the ps3 board to troll ?

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

[QUOTE="ImprovedMind"][QUOTE="paradigm68"] Um what are you talking about? Because everything (for you, yet not for me, yet I don't play much CoD) on Cod is being hacked, the Ps3 is going down? If you are referring to the recent developments in opening up the firmware on the PS3, then that has nothing to do with "hacks" on online games (yet and not likely ever). Please respond back, I would like to know what the hell you think you are talking about.Zaibach

lol. How is he trolling? He's just stating his own little speculation. He's right to a certain degree. I don't think the PS3 is going anywhere, but as time passes we will see more severe hacks surface. You can bet on that.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="ImprovedMind"] I refrained from in depth explanation as it is not allowed here on Gamespot. But simply put, each day that passes with the master keys out, the better the custom firmware that will be produced. With each iteration of the firmware more and more people will be able to install without worries of bricking the system. Soon developers will make easy to use hacks for the CF that will be adopted by many people. CoD is only the start of it. The PS3 is going down. I understand why you are in such a state of rage and anger. The PS3 is slowly being destroyed and there is nothing that we or Sony can do but watch it implode.MrSelf-Destruct

lol. How is he trolling? He's just stating his own little speculation. He's right to a certain degree. I don't think the PS3 is going anywhere, but as time passes we will see more severe hacks surface. You can bet on that.

a poster asks about getting a certain game, he responds 'the ps3 is going down'. I'm not disputing there are hacks, but just highlighting the fact that various other consoles have been hacked aswell. for example there are alot of cheaters on FIFA on the 360 not to mention the fact the COD was hacked way before the recent scandals. furthermore, I've seen this guy in SW, trust me if anyone on this board needs help with anything ps3 related, he's not here to help

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
I assumed when people said the ps3 was hacked that it just meant people could play downloaded games like the actual retail games.. I dont see how people find cheating in a game to the point that its not even worth playing fun.
Jovis14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jovis14
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
Its so bad. I had all perks pro then me and my friend went online it was a hacked match so we left. Joined another got all stats reset -.-, the games been ruined by hackers.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

ImprovedMind
So far Ive only seen CoD games being hacked and those were being hacked years ago. If you know about other ps3 game having such problems, share it. I want to see a non-cod game being hacked on ps3.
ImprovedMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ImprovedMind
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

I played MW2 on the PS3 back when it launched up until Black Ops launched. I took 2 weeks for me to find that Black Ops was not fun like MW2 so I decided to go back. The game was still fine to play. I would run into an occasional hacker but I would just leave the match and find another and every thing was fine. After the security of the PS3 was broken, the game quickly went downhill within a week to the point where it was unplayable. There seemed to be a very strong correlation between the security being breeched and the number of hackers increasing. I want you to try playing MW2 right now so you can see first hand how bad it really is. There is a difference between a few hackers and nearly ever single match being hacked. My hypothesis is that these games went down first because there already were hacks developed for them. Once the security went down initiating these hacks became much easier and the number of hackers shot up. Now that the access has been granted, people are now developing exploits to other games which day by day are getting stronger, easier to use, and simpler to distribute. This in conjunctionwith improvements in the custom firmware will result in a deluge of hacked games in the future. If you look at the situation analytically like I just did, it is clear to see that the PS3 is going down.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Playing that game on and off every couple days, the amount of hackers is a little bad. I would say maybe 1/3 of ur games will be hacked servers. So far, none were game ruining. The worst one that affect me personally was the server changed my loadouts to weird things ( akimba spas with like grenade launch and thermal icon) but I backed out and i only had a select few of attachments for all my guns ( had Holographic sight, thermal, heartbeat sensor, yet the 10/25/and 75 kill attachments were locked. So guess i have to re get them again, as well as my camos being reset.) But most of them you can just back out and be fine. Just pray you dont end back up in the same server after you quit and try joining another.

ROFLMASTUR6544

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ROFLMASTUR6544
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

@danjammer69

Well, IW can't do much anymore. Based on what I've heard, the companies dead.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

I played MW2 for fun over the weekend using my alt. PSN account.

As soon as I joined someone had an AC 130. I checked the other teams stats and nobody had a decent kd so I didn't figure it out for sure until i got a care package and inside was a ...AC 130.

My predator missile also took about .4 seconds to reach the ground which was odd. Other than that though it was fine.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

I have been playing off/on inbetween grinding GT5. Now before i stopped playing MW2 constantly i had maybe run into a challenge lobby or someone running a hack was maybe once or twice. Now it seems more prevelant, i have luck though in playing Merc TDM where i havent run into it as much as sabotage, domination, s&d etc...but i also noticed that players online has gone down from about 800K to just 150K now that could be part of the problem everyone is constantly running into rooms or players using hacks.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Yeah so i put in MW2 again today and this time I encountered a lobby where one guy had aimbot on ( i could see him picking different things in my killcam) and then start shooting (infinate ammo) through buildings/walls/obstacles at my team who were spawning on the other side of the map. You couldn't move let alone get a kill.