This topic is locked from further discussion.

ajchicago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 ajchicago
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
HOME is PS3's myspace except with a avatar u can control..so do you guys think Home can live up to the hype and money spent into it?:shock:
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
ummm home doesnt need a hype lol, it needs to be released thats all!
NYCPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 NYCPrincess
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts

ummm home doesnt need a hype lol, it needs to be released thats all!JoKeR_421

Amen!

_Area51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 _Area51
Member since 2003 • 219 Posts

All I can say is that it is kind of cool, but don't get your hopes up expecting something amazing. Unless you like to sit and socialize all day, there isn't a whole lot to keep people with A.D.D like myself interested for too long. If I'm going to be sitting at my PS3, I'm going to be playing games, not trying to make friends.

It'll be like Sims, but with a lot of advertising and things will cost real money and there won't be much else to do.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
well it's not a game, i never had hype for it, all it serves purpose to me is a cool new way to meet new people you can play ps3 with online.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
ummm home doesnt need a hype lol, it needs to be released thats all!JoKeR_421
This.
Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
I'm in the beta and all I can say is that you need a certain mentality to "play" it. Right now it's my most played "game" over LBP and Fo3 :P//:(
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

so am i, but my damn wife didnt make my pancakes:evil:

damn virtual woman.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
In my opinion.the PS3 would have been better off with a super update.One that would include cross game private chat,a more cleaner Viewing of things like friends list stuff like that.I am not saying home will suck but I really don't see the big deal anymore.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts
It's not really a game, so I can't possibly see what's to hype about it...
JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts
It's not really a game, so I can't possibly see what's to hype about it...Scianix-Black
Didn't you get the shotgun at the bowling area? It's really funny to blow ppls head off
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

i like home , i think its gona be real awesome when it comes out (i have the beta) but the only thing that anoys me is... that i keep on loseing on the chess game LOL .. o man i lost 3 times in a raw :P

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#13 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
I wont use it much. Probably just when it comes out, Ill make my guy..and then when I unlock stuff Ill ball out my room.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Ive been in home beta for several weeks now and can honestly say it is going to be a great succsess. I love playing pool and bowling against others. being able to to decorate you apartment the way you want ect. Its a vertual sims in a way. GREAT WAY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE.
hackett_80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hackett_80
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
i for one think that home has the potential to be pretty awesome. i have the beta and see it has pretty shallow right now but if they just realease it and keep making it better and better by the time the ps5 comes out it will be one of the exclusive things that makes have sony bada$$
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I think people would like it a lot if there were more ways to express yourself as an individual. Customizable everything basically; shirts, shoes, pants, hair, rooms, dances, gestures. expressions. There should be others ways too, like a discussion room that has people just talking about a certain topic. Imagine it like these forums only now its in HOME and we could all hear eachother.

Avenged_Plague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Avenged_Plague
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts
no
Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
well it's not a game, i never had hype for it, all it serves purpose to me is a cool new way to meet new people you can play ps3 with online.polishkid99
People say its not a video game. But in my opinion, it is a Video game. What is a game? Well it can be characterized as something of enjoyment. But some people might say, "Well I don't find it fun." Well like any game such as the board game monopoly, some love it and some don't like it. This is comparative to Home. Some will find it fun such as me. And other will not find it fun. Either way monopoly is still a game. Now what is a video? Well of course ever knows what a video is so I'm not going to explain that. So if you put the 2 together, it's a video game.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
[QUOTE="polishkid99"]well it's not a game, i never had hype for it, all it serves purpose to me is a cool new way to meet new people you can play ps3 with online.Diddies
People say its not a video game. But in my opinion, it is a Video game. What is a game? Well it can be characterized as something of enjoyment. But some people might say, "Well I don't find it fun." Well like any game such as the board game monopoly, some love it and some don't like it. This is comparative to Home. Some will find it fun such as me. And other will not find it fun. Either way monopoly is still a game. Now what is a video? Well of course ever knows what a video is so I'm not going to explain that. So if you put the 2 together, it's a video game.

Nice description....Lets put it this way.It is not an interesting game.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zidaneski

[QUOTE="polishkid99"]well it's not a game, i never had hype for it, all it serves purpose to me is a cool new way to meet new people you can play ps3 with online.Diddies

I don't wanna argue too much but a game usually has an objective that needs to be met within certain rules. In HOME you have no standard objective or a set of rules to follow. It can still bring enjoyment but can't be classified as a game.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Scianix-Black

You're trying to define a game based on what people think of it, and you just don't do that; you define it by what it is. Monopoly is a game not because someone deems it fun. It's a game because by definition, it is.

It's a competition with a goal that people strive to accomplish. It can be fun or not, but whatever you think it is, it's still a game. The same goes for Home.

Person A can think it's boring, and person B can have loads of fun with it, but it still does not make it a game.

I could have loads of fun with a blackberry or even a piece of string, but does that make either of those two things a game?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Diddies

[QUOTE="Diddies"][QUOTE="polishkid99"]well it's not a game, i never had hype for it, all it serves purpose to me is a cool new way to meet new people you can play ps3 with online.Zidaneski

I don't wanna argue too much but a game usually has an objective that needs to be met within certain rules. In HOME you have no standard objective or a set of rules to follow. It can still bring enjoyment but can't be classified as a game.

Well people compare this to Sims. Well if you have played any sims or sims online, you should know their is NO objective. And also it does have rules. You click accept every time you log on.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Diddies

[QUOTE="Diddies"][QUOTE="polishkid99"]well it's not a game, i never had hype for it, all it serves purpose to me is a cool new way to meet new people you can play ps3 with online.Scianix-Black

You're trying to define a game based on what people think of it, and you just don't do that; you define it by what it is. Monopoly is a game not because someone deems it fun. It's a game because by definition, it is.

It's a competition with a goal that people strive to accomplish. It can be fun or not, but whatever you think it is, it's still a game. The same goes for Home.

Person A can think it's boring, and person B can have loads of fun with it, but it still does not make it a game.

I could have loads of fun with a blackberry or even a piece of string, but does that make either of those two things a game?

Actually Home is a game. and yes if you make a phone or string into a game. And yes home does have competition. Bowling, Pool, etc. but on the other note, all games don't have competition such as sims. Especially sims online if you ever played.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zidaneski
[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

[QUOTE="Diddies"] People say its not a video game. But in my opinion, it is a Video game. What is a game? Well it can be characterized as something of enjoyment. But some people might say, "Well I don't find it fun." Well like any game such as the board game monopoly, some love it and some don't like it. This is comparative to Home. Some will find it fun such as me. And other will not find it fun. Either way monopoly is still a game. Now what is a video? Well of course ever knows what a video is so I'm not going to explain that. So if you put the 2 together, it's a video game.Diddies

Well people compare this to Sims. Well if you have played any sims or sims online, you should know their is NO objective. And also it does have rules. You click accept every time you log on.

I thought there was an objective in that game to get such and such amount of money or whatever. If indeed there is no objective or YOU have no objective then you are not playing a game...you are just playing.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Diddies

[QUOTE="Diddies"][QUOTE="polishkid99"]well it's not a game, i never had hype for it, all it serves purpose to me is a cool new way to meet new people you can play ps3 with online.Scianix-Black

And some people might find monopoly not a game. Just see it as paper, a board, and metal pieces. Just like people might not see Home as a game due to it just being people walking around talking to each other. Example Sims Online.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
got 2 extra HOME beta codes if anyone is interested, maybe make a fair trade? lol.......anyways HOME is good to meet ppl and launch a game together it isnt anythin more, shouldnt be hyped or even complain about. its also FREE so i dont know why half the ppl i see on here complain, 'ohhh we waitin this long for only this $h1t? well like others said it isnt a game, well hopefully it will be released soon. P.S Holla at me if ur interested in HOME beta, lol i know i know, just got 2 so wat am i going to do with them?
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Diddies"] People say its not a video game. But in my opinion, it is a Video game. What is a game? Well it can be characterized as something of enjoyment. But some people might say, "Well I don't find it fun." Well like any game such as the board game monopoly, some love it and some don't like it. This is comparative to Home. Some will find it fun such as me. And other will not find it fun. Either way monopoly is still a game. Now what is a video? Well of course ever knows what a video is so I'm not going to explain that. So if you put the 2 together, it's a video game.Diddies

And some people might find monopoly not a game. Just see it as paper, a board, and metal pieces. Just like people might not see Home as a game due to it just being people walking around talking to each other. Example Sims Online.

Well, human perception tells me Monopoly is a game. It could be just a bunch of random pieces strung together like you've said, but society has taught me better.

Home is not a game; it's a service.

Think of it like QORE.

Qore is a service, it connects you to Sony. Home is a service that connects you to other players.

Qore has little games inside of it that you can play. Home has little games inside of it you can play (i.e. bowling, pool, etc.)

See what I'm getting at?

Monopoly's not a game because we make it out to be and according to human definition, Home isn't a game.

One could perceive it to be just but pretty graphics on a TV, but it's more than that, yet still not a game.

And as for your Sims arguement, yes. Sims does have an objective. The objective is to keep yourself happy and alive on a day-to-day basis, much like actual life.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Diddies
But sims is a game and you can't win at it. As it states in the first Regular SIMS. WINNING THE GAME: Don't be absurd. This is a maxis game! What's to win? so therfore if you are calling home not a game then you are calling sims not a game.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Scianix-Black

But sims is a game and you can't win at it. As it states in the first Regular SIMS. WINNING THE GAME: Don't be absurd. This is a maxis game! What's to win? so therfore if you are calling home not a game then you are calling sims not a game.Diddies

Well, it's a simulation of life. You can't really win at life, now can you?

I guess they were really going for realism, lol.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Diddies

[QUOTE="Diddies"]But sims is a game and you can't win at it. As it states in the first Regular SIMS. WINNING THE GAME: Don't be absurd. This is a maxis game! What's to win? so therfore if you are calling home not a game then you are calling sims not a game.Scianix-Black

And yes i believe you can win at life. If you are happy with what you have DONE and how much you have made(that matters to some but not to others) then you are with what we call winners. Like for instance you call people who are nobodies losers.
Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Diddies
Well I'm sorry for all this. Ever since I got into my Philosophy class last semester, the one thing I learned is to debate everything.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Diddies"]But sims is a game and you can't win at it. As it states in the first Regular SIMS. WINNING THE GAME: Don't be absurd. This is a maxis game! What's to win? so therfore if you are calling home not a game then you are calling sims not a game.Diddies

And yes i believe you can win at life. If you are happy with what you have DONE and how much you have made(that matters to some but not to others) then you are with what we call winners. Like for instance you call people who are nobodies losers.

lol, I like the way you think.

Well, hey whatever man. If you think Home's a game, then do your thing.

I still think it's a service, but who's to say I'm right, yeah?

Human definition, by definition, is fact because we made it so.

That doesn't mean it's absolute.

:)

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Scianix-Black

Well I'm sorry for all this. Ever since I got into my Philosophy class last semester, the one thing I learned is to debate everything.Diddies

Nah, I jsut had to call you out because I didn't agree.

It was a nice discussion, though, no doubt.

:]

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Diddies

[QUOTE="Diddies"]Well I'm sorry for all this. Ever since I got into my Philosophy class last semester, the one thing I learned is to debate everything.Scianix-Black

Its been fun lol I will probably never forget this lol
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Diddies"]Well I'm sorry for all this. Ever since I got into my Philosophy class last semester, the one thing I learned is to debate everything.Diddies

Its been fun lol I will probably never forget this lol

Hehe, agreed.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
Home is great so far and I can't wait till they add more stuff to it.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
HOME is PS3's myspace except with a avatar u can control..so do you guys think Home can live up to the hype and money spent into it?:shock:ajchicago
i myself would rather have the ability to have many of the features of XBL. with home on the side, yes it is cool, but im not gonna use it as much when it comes to gaming, i heard there was a feature where u can meet up with everyone, and then launch a game, but i dont want to have to log onto home and then start a game u know, i would rather just communicate through the PSN, via voice messages and then launch from their or something, and i would like to have cross game chat, which i would think is cool, but thats ust my opinion, but yea home is alright
PawnedMAst4er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PawnedMAst4er
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts

Oo ^^ Jerkface lol n Home open beta is launching tmr i think
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/10/playstation-home-open-beta-launches-tomorrow/

but im not interested