Holy cow Hitman Absolution is hard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

So the most humiliating part of this is the fact that I'm only on the first mission. I got past the prologue (in which I got caught twice), and though I do enjoy the game and it's mechanics, I'm wondering if I should maybe throw in the towel while I can still get the max amount back for my money. I mean, if the game get's considerably harder, and I'm ALREADY finding it very challenging, I feel like this might just be an issue of me sucking.

To preface, my history with stealth games is Metal Gear Solid on one of the normal difficulty settings, don't remember the name but it was the "Normal" setting, and Dishonored, doing a non-kill playthrough. But in both of those games, especially Dishonored, getting caught doesn't necessarily mean you die. In Hitman, running away is a lot harder than in those other games.

So what do you guys think? Will the game do a good job of slowly easing me into more and more difficult missions, or is this just a bad game fit? If the game will present me with challenging but not hilariously difficult scenarios, then I am all for it, but if I am going to be tossed into the deep end from the start, I think it might end up being more frustrating than fun, and as a college senior, I don't need yet another frustration on my plate right now!

For those of you who played the game (especially those who had never played a Hitman game before) what do you think?

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

hitman absolution was my first hitman game as well. i don't play a lot of stealth games but MGS4 kinda got me into the genre and i do enjoy it. i found it a little irratating at first but the stealth had good controls and was pretty fun. i can't really say it gets any easier, if anything harder. maybe try playing on easy mode? just always use your cover and take note of the patrol patterns for guards and stuff. oh and throw a lot of crap to distract ppl and dont be afraid to use instinct. good stealth game though lots of replayability.

i played through the game suit only so i kinda pissed myself off more by doing that. but if you are using disguises i dont think it should be too bad. just try and find unique disguises in the levels that can get you through a lot of areas. and use instinct when walking past guards so they don't suspect you as much. i didn't like using disguises i just thought he looked way more awesome and felt much more badass going through unnoticed in a suit, or going through stealth killing everyone in a suit.

id say give it another shot on easy mode if your having too much trouble. i can't imagine you would get a lot for it trading it in or anything. hell i got mine for $30 new at ebgames. thats pretty cheap considering it came out fairly recently. so i dont think you will get a lot for it.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

I started the game on Purist, so I didn't go through any of the tutorials or anything - but then again I've played every Hitman game. The difficulty comes from the need to plan your steps, one by one, and the slightest mistake will require you to restart (maybe improvise on other difficulties). It's a patience and mind game, and the difficulty is all mental as opposed to how fast you can respond, or how well you can aim. I love it.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I lost interest in Hit Man when I played it on the PS2 because it's gameplay is hard and it's not a hard play that is rewarding when you do succeed.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

That's pretty par for the course for the series in general; one mistake and you're screwed. It's all about trial and error until you find a strategy that really works. Then the satisfaction comes from being able to pull off a flawless hit and get out of there before the game even knows you were there type of thing.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

By the games you mentioned I assume I can pinpoint what you're doing wrong.

In MGS and Dishonored it is more about avoiding the enemies and sneak past them, but this is NOT the case in the Hitman Games, here it's all about blending in and decoy them. For example look for a guard that is seperated, knock him out somewhere in teh shadows and get his clothes and then blend in. Never come too close to other guards though and never directly face them. From time to time you'll still have to stealth your way through, but most of the time just blend in.

biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

What difficutly are you playing on? you can try the casual mode get used to the gameplay and then go up the difficulty level. The game is a lot of fun..so many different ways to kill your targets..i keep replaying it only for those mouth watering special and signature kills! i would suggest that you keep playing the game and again iam not trying to say that this is best hitman game or anything..iam sure it's not..however it's still a fun game and on lower difficulties it is pretty easy to beat.

Mar_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mar_Sama
Member since 2012 • 93 Posts

Yep this Game is Hard and sometimes Frustrating. My bet is to not try to do everything best on the 1st playtrough. My only issue is with the discuise system, cause in some cases it doesent matter if you are in discuise or not, you still have to be hiding, byt observation and timing is the way to go in this game, in the whole series really. Still Love this game as much at it deserves to be loved

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Absolution was my first Hitman and it was hard as hell. I thought that made it more satisfying though.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Use a walkthrough if you're having a really hard time. You'll probably want to check one out anyway because missions usually have some funny stuff you can do that you probably otherwise wouldn't know about. I thought it was worth playing but not the greatest game ever.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
it took me some tries on some levels, you should try it some more and you will get used to it
beanz777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 beanz777
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

I started the game on Purist, so I didn't go through any of the tutorials or anything - but then again I've played every Hitman game. The difficulty comes from the need to plan your steps, one by one, and the slightest mistake will require you to restart (maybe improvise on other difficulties). It's a patience and mind game, and the difficulty is all mental as opposed to how fast you can respond, or how well you can aim. I love it.

finalserenade75
You played on purist from the get-go? How did that work out for you?
new_gamer244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 new_gamer244
Member since 2011 • 338 Posts
This game is a mess....the AI is unpredicteble and the controls are clunkey, the cover mechanic is a jock. (you kill someone and enter to a garbage can 2 meters away from the body and they cant find you lolll. it's all feel like a ps2 era game
biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts
[QUOTE="new_gamer244"]This game is a mess....the AI is unpredicteble and the controls are clunkey, the cover mechanic is a jock. (you kill someone and enter to a garbage can 2 meters away from the body and they cant find you lolll. it's all feel like a ps2 era game

and you are a jackass
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

^ lmfao. i dont know why but i just lol'd hard at that. havent heard someone call someone a jackass in a while

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

This game is a mess....the AI is unpredicteble and the controls are clunkey, the cover mechanic is a jock. (you kill someone and enter to a garbage can 2 meters away from the body and they cant find you lolll. it's all feel like a ps2 era gamenew_gamer244

You! Don't! Say! :O

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#18 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

The game is challenging, but the stealth is by no means hard. You just have to be patient and success feels very rewarding, that's where all the enjoyment is.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

[QUOTE="finalserenade75"]

beanz777

You played on purist from the get-go? How did that work out for you?

It's very tough haha. I believe I'm half done with the game, but I haven't been playing much.

It takes a lot of time to finish each level, I usually have to repeat each segment around 20 times at least.