Hideo Kojima has no talent

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Heinous-Uranus
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts

Lol, previously I commented Hideo Kojima's lack of talent in another thread, and I was shown a picture of MGS4 with "you fail" written underneath. Other replies as well seemed to imply that the game's good graphics should be assosiated with Kojima.

Now I would like to ask that how exactly is Hideo Kojima to be credited for the stunning visual look of the series (even though as a director he does influence some things)? Shouldn't the honor fall on the graphical designers and programmers?

The thing Hideo Kojima can be credited for is the devolution of the series from "greatest game of all time" to "overly stylized anime loaded with inane drivel".

Playing the 1st game I never could have guessed that Kojima suffered from the syndrome so many Japanese artists suffer from. This syndrome makes them fill their books, animations or games with endless talk about spiritualism, simulated reality and pseudofilosophy.

The decision to replace the 1st installment's dark and emotional bad guys with some lame, generic anime characters was one of his worst, and in fact ridiculed the series. Yes, the 1st game had a shaman and a psychic, but they were discreetly placed in the game and the world. Suddenly there are undead and mutants, and a parasitic spirit living in a severed hand possessing people.

Attempts to recapture the mood of the cutscenes and excellence of music and voice-acting seen in the 1st game have failed as well.

The realism, emotion and dark atmosphere of the series has been forever lost.

If MGS1 is Terminator 2, then the rest are like Terminator 3. There's no comparison between the titles.

Guys, it doesn't look too good. I'm afraid that the 4th installment is going to suck. I hope that it just sucks like the 3rd installment and not uber-sucks like the 2nd installment.

darkface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darkface
Member since 2004 • 5966 Posts
k
KoolEmpty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KoolEmpty
Member since 2002 • 1081 Posts
lulz
War-Tex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 War-Tex
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
You're that X360 Fan... Well probably but I'm not sure.
marcusboonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcusboonis
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
i disagree with you.
lociefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 lociefer
Member since 2003 • 188 Posts
dont play it then , more copies for us
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts

Lol, previously I commented Hideo Kojima's lack of talent in another thread, and I was shown a picture of MGS4 with "you fail" written underneath. Other replies as well seemed to imply that the game's good graphics should be assosiated with Kojima.

Now I would like to ask that how exactly is Hideo Kojima to be credited for the stunning visual look of the series (even though as a director he does influence some things)? Shouldn't the honor fall on the graphical designers and programmers?

The thing Hideo Kojima can be credited for is the devolution of the series from "greatest game of all time" to "overly stylized anime loaded with inane drivel".

Playing the 1st game I never could have guessed that Kojima suffered from the syndrome so many Japanese artists suffer from. This syndrome makes them fill their books, animations or games with endless talk about spiritualism, simulated reality and pseudofilosophy.

The decision to replace the 1st installment's dark and emotional bad guys with some lame, generic anime characters was one of his worst, and in fact ridiculed the series. Yes, the 1st game had a shaman and a psychic, but they were discreetly placed in the game and the world. Suddenly there are undead and mutants, and a parasitic spirit living in a severed hand possessing people.

Attempts to recapture the mood of the cutscenes and excellence of music and voice-acting seen in the 1st game have failed as well.

If MGS1 is Terminator 2, then the rest are like Terminator 3. There's no comparison between the titles.

Guys, it doesn't look too good. I'm afraid that the 4th installment is going to suck. I hope that it just sucks like the 3rd installment and not uber-sucks like the 2nd installment.

Heinous-Uranus

And then you woke up.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
I completley disagree with you.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

If you're so sure, then.....leave and find something better.

The MGS series is awesome. I'm still wondering about Vamp, though.

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Heinous-Uranus

obviously millions of people disagree with you... and i'm one of them

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

i think mgs series has had its wierd points (because of the asian makers and the way they do things)

but theyre still great games.

but yes one thing i have noticed is the graphics arent THAT good, im popping 3 now and the graphics look horrible compared to say killzone and ive got the online beta to 4 (im in australia) and ive seen gameplay of the actual game and it doesnt need more than a blu ray like he exclaims,

hes only saying that because the audio is uncompressed- which is ALOT of space used up. basically trying to make 'headlines'

Im not saying the man or game is bad, heck i love the game, but i hate people who are up themselves like he is.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
So?
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

:) you know what i noticed that most (97%) of threads opened in here with comments against PS3 or PS3 games usually are by people with a couple of posts (new users)... this is really sad because its more than obvious that there are PS3 haters just wanting us to post and piss off us ps3 fans...

Personally I dont like much Xbox360 / Wii for various reasons, but I also know both consoles have great titles / features... But at least when I argue or post a negative comment I will use my only account, because I am not afraid to post my ideas and hide behing new accounts..

pwner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 pwner1
Member since 2006 • 1019 Posts
Hey what's wrong with anime? And if the MGS world was realistic, then the series would not be so interesting for me at least.
Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heinous-Uranus

i think mgs series has had its wierd points (because of the asian makers and the way they do things)

but theyre still great games.

but yes one thing i have noticed is the graphics arent THAT good, im popping 3 now and the graphics look horrible compared to say killzone and ive got the online beta to 4 (im in australia) and ive seen gameplay of the actual game and it doesnt need more than a blu ray like he exclaims,

hes only saying that because the audio is uncompressed- which is ALOT of space used up. basically trying to make 'headlines'

Im not saying the man or game is bad, heck i love the game, but i hate people who are up themselves like he is.

sonic0491

What are you talking about man? The graphics were one of the best aspects of that game. But they can't save the empty insides.

ginraisama

Yes, I'm shocked and awed to see that there are so few people who recognize the obvious quality difference between the games.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
Two threads in less than 24 hours with the same topic? Your last thread was locked this will be locked eventually as well. Yetr you still want us to believe you're not a troll. Get a life.
Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heinous-Uranus

:) you know what i noticed that most (97%) of threads opened in here with comments against PS3 or PS3 games usually are by people with a couple of posts (new users)... this is really sad because its more than obvious that there are PS3 haters just wanting us to post and piss off us ps3 fans...

Personally I dont like much Xbox360 / Wii for various reasons, but I also know both consoles have great titles / features... But at least when I argue or post a negative comment I will use my only account, because I am not afraid to post my ideas and hide behing new accounts..

Malta_1980

Hmm...does it really matter so much to you where the constructive critisism is coming from?

Does me not liking the sad turn the MGS series has taken equate to me hating the PS3 platform or its other games? Where are such ideas coming from? Lol.

Hey what's wrong with anime? And if the MGS world was realistic, then the series would not be so interesting for me at least.pwner1

I like many anime, but not the kind of titles that MGS sequels seem to draw upon...

The series should not be realistic, but (in the sequels) it should be less inane and the bad guys should be less cheesy.

Mike_1511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mike_1511
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
[QUOTE="Heinous-Uranus"]

ginraisama

im also one of them Oo MGS RULES FTW!!
Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heinous-Uranus

Two threads in less than 24 hours with the same topic? Your last thread was locked this will be locked eventually as well. Yetr you still want us to believe you're not a troll. Get a life.donnygorgas

Lol, the mods asked me to make a new thread about the subject with a less inflammatory starting post.

is0lati0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 is0lati0n
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
Worst... statement... EVERRR.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

[QUOTE="donnygorgas"]Two threads in less than 24 hours with the same topic? Your last thread was locked this will be locked eventually as well. Yetr you still want us to believe you're not a troll. Get a life.Heinous-Uranus

Lol, the mods asked me to make a new thread about the subject with a less inflammatory starting post.

Ha Ha good job then.

wootasifwoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wootasifwoot
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts

Heinous-Uranus

WOW... metal gear solid 2 sucked? You are obviously hiding under a rock or just haven't played the game to notice what a fantastic game it is and the critital acclaim it has received (95% avr on gamerankings and 96% on gamespot). Lets face it though, the only reason why a few people didn't like it is cause they didn't get to play as Snake. As for MGS3... whoa, it was a masterpiece, i loved the emotion that was flowing in that game, thruly fantastic games.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
Agreed. To add, I can disagree with someone's opinion but respect their views. But I won't respect the TC's opinon here since he has to hide behind a new account to express his views. That's weak! Isn't this somewhat disruptive? Shouldn't the mods handle this? If you have to use another account to write in forums you are soft!

Malta_1980
Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heinous-Uranus

They gave it good scores because it had good graphics and all the little things implemented in the game play. They were also very impressed that this time you could aim your shots...but they failed to see all the critical points...they fail.

StanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StanAce
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts

This is flamebait.

Maybe you're just trying to say "OMG ANIME SUXORS". Besides, Hideo Kojima is FAR from having no talent. If you want to talk about directors with no talent, you should look to the bottom-feeders who make the movie-to-game conversions.

Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heinous-Uranus
Agreed. To add, I can disagree with someone's opinion but respect their views. But I won't respect the TC's opinon here since he has to hide behind a new account to express his views. That's weak! Isn't this somewhat disruptive? Shouldn't the mods handle this? If you have to use another account to write in forums you are soft! [QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

mrvic87

Hmmm...strange views. I never even thought about this. Lol, this is my first account that I can remember of. Are you saying that a person can't voice a minority opinion if he's new to the boards?

Everybody has to start from somewhere...

deuce85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deuce85
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

Heinous-Uranus

So tell me, what's it like having bad taste in games?

GFreydson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GFreydson
Member since 2003 • 223 Posts
go to gamepro.com and find the review on msg4, where on of the writers was invited for 3 days to play the game, it s a 9 page review, with nothing short of spectacular written all over it. And another thing, just cause kojima isnt happy wiht the game doesnt mean it will be a great game, hes obvisouly ahead of our time and UPSET that he feels he maxed out the ps3 capabilities. However he isnt a programmer, as opposed to insomanic programmers who say they have just yet to scratch the surface of the ps3, and crytec the guys who did crysis are very happy with how the ps3 handled the game, remember crysis the best graphics to hit p.c. Doesnt it mean something when a game like uncharted came out, best graphics for any console, even though people say gears of war is equal ( i dont think so). So do some research before talking. If you think kojima has no talent then dont buy his game its that simple.
Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Heinous-Uranus

go to gamepro.com and find the review on msg4, where on of the writers was invited for 3 days to play the game, it s a 9 page review, with nothing short of spectacular written all over it. And another thing, just cause kojima isnt happy wiht the game doesnt mean it will be a great game, hes obvisouly ahead of our time and UPSET that he feels he maxed out the ps3 capabilities. However he isnt a programmer, as opposed to insomanic programmers who say they have just yet to scratch the surface of the ps3, and crytec the guys who did crysis are very happy with how the ps3 handled the game, remember crysis the best graphics to hit p.c. Doesnt it mean something when a game like uncharted came out, best graphics for any console, even though people say gears of war is equal ( i dont think so). So do some research before talking. If you think kojima has no talent then dont buy his game its that simple.GFreydson

Lol, graphics?

I didn't pick your whole meaning, but I guess you were talking about graphics making a game...well sadly that's not true.

If it was, then MGS4 would own...

felixzelphyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 felixzelphyn
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts
Please, oh please TC, if you're going to try to sound smart to the entire internetz, at least spell pseudo-philosophy correctly first; and it appears you lack even the common intelligence to under stand the meaning of that phrase. I do not even want to dive into the mess that you've made, I'd rather let you rest in your regurgitated flamebait than try to correct your obviously misinformed opinion of the series.
GFreydson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GFreydson
Member since 2003 • 223 Posts

im sorry with my typing, but graphics dont make the game, but it helps to have superior graphics, what im saying is that msg4 will be nothing short of spectatcular we all no it, so what is up with this freakin kojima has no talent.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

They gave it good scores because it had good graphics and all the little things implemented in the game play. They were also very impressed that this time you could aim your shots...but they failed to see all the critical points...they fail.

Heinous-Uranus

What critical points? its funny you named the good but even you can not say what was bad... lol

I smell a hater...Ah they make the world go round

StanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StanAce
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts

Well, graphics are really only there to "conform to the norm". Because apparently there will always be people who value graphics more than gameplay.

Of course, gameplay should, in the end, be the more important factor in determining the quality of a game. (We PLAY games, not watch them)

But still, I don't get your point. MGS in general has usually hit all the buttons for gameplay.

nickelarcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nickelarcade
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts

YOU have no testosterone. heinusyouranus, but in any case people like you need to grow up and start creating topics worth

GTFO troll

pie275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pie275
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

*cough* 360 FANBOY

Haven't even played it yet, how do you know?

Don't play it, then.. If you don't like the pictures of it or whatever you based your argument

Stupid kid

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
Fission Mailed.
x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts
You are saying that Kojima doesn't have talent?POOOOOOOOOOR thing you must be high on meth!
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
pssst...i dont know if anyone told you...but he approves what goes in the game. which is how he got the credit. just letting you know.
typevuspecII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 typevuspecII
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts

TC - your post sounds like you do not like the original MGS or any of the MGS series... why bother playing it and keep complaining about this and that? Geez if I disliked a game that much I would of ebayed it off instead of finishing the game let alone play the sequels aswell as a decade down the track complain about the original and the sequel on a forum!

BTW, I disagree with your original post - your opinions are fine but I dont see a point creating a thread to tell those who DO like the game how much you dislike the game.

SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts

there is only 1 thing i care to talk about from your first post... mainly because im tired and about to go to sleep and that was the whole "all music from the new games suck unlike the first" while i will agree that the first game had an awesome soundtrack, MGS2's soundtrack was awesome.. especially the main theme, most epic song i have ever had the pleasure to listen to.. while i didnt like the way MGS2 turned out.. namely Raiden, i hate him.. you also have to remember that the MGS2 that we have wasnt what he wanted to do to begin with

the original concept for MGS2 had you play as Snake the whole game, and it would take you to the middle east or whatever.. so meh.. MGS2 still most epic theme of all the games.. haven't heard MGS4's yet but i doubt it will be as epic, unless of course they use the same theme and mix it up a bit

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Have you played the Metal Gear Solid games???
SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts
dew, was that to me or to the TC? cause if it was to me yes i have played all of them including MG on the nes atleast 5 times each
Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heinous-Uranus

Please, oh please TC, if you're going to try to sound smart to the entire internetz, at least spell pseudo-philosophy correctly first; and it appears you lack even the common intelligence to under stand the meaning of that phrase. I do not even want to dive into the mess that you've made, I'd rather let you rest in your regurgitated flamebait than try to correct your obviously misinformed opinion of the series.felixzelphyn

Lol, I have made up my own definition of "pseudo-philosophy". I bet the dialogues in MGS2 near the end of the game are the best way to define what I mean by the word.

[QUOTE="Heinous-Uranus"]

baller72

What critical points? its funny you named the good but even you can not say what was bad... lol

I smell a hater...Ah they make the world go round

Lol, I named all the bad points in my starting post. I smell a guy who didn't read my post, lol.

*cough* 360 FANBOY

Haven't even played it yet, how do you know?

Don't play it, then.. If you don't like the pictures of it or whatever you based your argument

Stupid kid

pie275

Why should I like a game based on pictures?

I like it based on plot, dialogue, voice-acting, atmosphere, gameplay, music and graphics.

pssst...i dont know if anyone told you...but he approves what goes in the game. which is how he got the credit. just letting you know.icarus212001

Yeah, he approves what gets in the game, I know that lol. But good graphics don't make him talented.

monoxide582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 monoxide582
Member since 2003 • 70 Posts

heinus anus, ur a complete idiot. how could u ever say kojima has no talent, when the metal gear franchise sets the standard for stealth games. it doesnt matter if he physically makes the videos / characters because its his vision. he probably draws out what he wants the people to look like if nothing more to get that look and feel of snake etc. if kojima wasnt there, there would be no snake, or as good of a story / visionary version of metal gear. its his thoughts, ideas, artistic style that is, and is all of metal gear.

metal gear 4 WILL NOT suck. its the LAST metal gear game, it will absolutely not suck. i wouldnt be suprised if its the best of them yet. sooo eat a d1ck u anus bxtch. u have no idea what ur talkin about bro. next to GTA4, it'll probably be game of the year.. just wait.

Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heinous-Uranus

TC - your post sounds like you do not like the original MGS or any of the MGS series... why bother playing it and keep complaining about this and that? Geez if I disliked a game that much I would of ebayed it off instead of finishing the game let alone play the sequels aswell as a decade down the track complain about the original and the sequel on a forum!

BTW, I disagree with your original post - your opinions are fine but I dont see a point creating a thread to tell those who DO like the game how much you dislike the game.

typevuspecII

What? MGS 1 is my favorite game of all time. That's why I'm complaining. Because Hideo Kojima ruined the series with the sequels, but he is still given huge praise because of the graphics and all the little things that are right in the games.

there is only 1 thing i care to talk about from your first post... mainly because im tired and about to go to sleep and that was the whole "all music from the new games suck unlike the first" while i will agree that the first game had an awesome soundtrack, MGS2's soundtrack was awesome.. especially the main theme, most epic song i have ever had the pleasure to listen to.. while i didnt like the way MGS2 turned out.. namely Raiden, i hate him.. you also have to remember that the MGS2 that we have wasnt what he wanted to do to begin with

the original concept for MGS2 had you play as Snake the whole game, and it would take you to the middle east or whatever.. so meh.. MGS2 still most epic theme of all the games.. haven't heard MGS4's yet but i doubt it will be as epic, unless of course they use the same theme and mix it up a bit

SuperMario254

Yeah, I liked MGS 2 main theme a lot too...but as a whole the music didn't have nearly as big an impact as in the first game. The music in the first game was at times divine.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Heinous-Uranus

Ok I will reread your post... ok it seems you say the bad points are the fact that they went to a more anime type theme as far as the bad guys in MGS2... and I think you mean the theme went from dark to a more light feeling...and lastly I think you are basically saying the story makes no sense to you or you are saying the story is too far fetched....

Is that right? if not please tell me so I can understand.

Do it quickly so I can respond...please:D

Heinous-Uranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heinous-Uranus

Ok I will reread your post... ok it seems you say the bad points are the fact that they went to a more anime type theme as far as the bad guys in MGS2... and I think you mean the theme went from dark to a more light feeling...and lastly I think you are basically saying the story makes no sense to you or you are saying the story is too far fetched....

Is that right? if not please tell me so I can understand.

Do it quickly so I can respond...please:D

baller72

Lol, yes you nailed it, I think. Just remove the "story makes no sense to you". I understood 95% of the story I suppose, but it was really silly and far fetched.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Right............ You are a new user to the gamespot forums. You have never held an account here before. Uh huh. Way to make an introduction in the forums with this flame thread. :roll:

[QUOTE="mrvic87"]Agreed. To add, I can disagree with someone's opinion but respect their views. But I won't respect the TC's opinon here since he has to hide behind a new account to express his views. That's weak! Isn't this somewhat disruptive? Shouldn't the mods handle this? If you have to use another account to write in forums you are soft! [QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

Heinous-Uranus

Hmmm...strange views. I never even thought about this. Lol, this is my first account that I can remember of. Are you saying that a person can't voice a minority opinion if he's new to the boards?

Everybody has to start from somewhere...

Xionethic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xionethic
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
don't entirely agree, but im not sure about mgs as an ONLINE game... not sure about that one...