HELP HELP HELP !!! Help Needed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fgerbf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fgerbf
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
My PS3 died yesterday !! I was playing FIFA World Cup 2010, when suddenly the game froze and the controller didn't work nor did it switch when using the touch-sensitive power button. So I had to use the back power switch to turn it off which I did. However. when I turned it back on, it worked but all I got was a black screen with no sound, and the controller also didn't connect when I pressed the PS button. However, I could eject and insert CD's normally. Last but not least, the PS wouldn't be switched off when using the touch-sensitive power button. So I was wondering if any other unlucky person had this problem, and was wondering as to what might be the solution to such a predicament.. Thank You for your help in advance
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Is it flashing yellow?
ScreamAimPwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 ScreamAimPwn
Member since 2010 • 107 Posts
If its Flashing yellow its dead.
IKillowatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IKillowatt
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts
Check your cables then try again. But hold the touch sensitive button when u turn it on next time and see if that works. If still nothing your screwed. ;o)
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

YLOD looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSCppNVJcbY

If it does the same thing on yours with the light it's toast.

UGAfootballfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 UGAfootballfan
Member since 2008 • 778 Posts

You can't eject discs if it gets the Yellow Light.

fgerbf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fgerbf
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Thank god, it doesn't flash yellow and I can still eject/insert CD's The problem is that I get a black screen, hear absolutely nothing, and I can't press the power button at the front (not the one at the back) so I have to press the switch at the back to turn it back off. And yes I have checked my cables more than once.. It still doesn't come on.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I hope you get everything working.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

was it flashing yellow like sam fisher said

Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="fgerbf"]My PS3 died yesterday !! I was playing FIFA World Cup 2010, when suddenly the game froze and the controller didn't work nor did it switch when using the touch-sensitive power button. So I had to use the back power switch to turn it off which I did. However. when I turned it back on, it worked but all I got was a black screen with no sound, and the controller also didn't connect when I pressed the PS button. However, I could eject and insert CD's normally. Last but not least, the PS wouldn't be switched off when using the touch-sensitive power button. So I was wondering if any other unlucky person had this problem, and was wondering as to what might be the solution to such a predicament.. Thank You for your help in advance

I got the exact same thing a year-and-a-half ago. The only way to go about it is to use your argumentative skills and chase the situation up and hope for the best. I did so, and got a free, refurbished PS3 as a result. Otherwise, I don't think the situation is looking bright for you, buddy.
lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

either one of your ports could have stoppped working... my hdmi port broke on my old phat if it still works using av trade it in cuz its on its last leg