Heavy Rain is gonna be amazing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DangerHiVoltage
DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DangerHiVoltage
Member since 2009 • 1157 Posts

If you didint like the demo then u missed some stuff.

this game will rock

zkeymon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 zkeymon
Member since 2009 • 413 Posts

ummm....... I too agree lol I'm pretty excited :D

alex_b52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 alex_b52
Member since 2008 • 417 Posts

I just beat Indigo prophecy today and i said: "Oh man! Heavy rain is gonna be AMAZING!" so ya

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 octobermagic
Member since 2009 • 524 Posts

I played the demo and didn't like it one bit. Didn't like the whole feel of the game. GUess it's not my thing.

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts

Yes, indeed it will.

metalmasterW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 metalmasterW
Member since 2006 • 2244 Posts

i played the demo..

it seemed ok..the demo itself was pretty lame but there are things in the game

that seemed fun

so im on edge about it ..ill probably get it eventually

GodofEmpires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GodofEmpires
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts
I will be getting this game, demo was awesome.
ndawgdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ndawgdrake
Member since 2009 • 533 Posts

I played the demo for 15 minutes then the POS crashed my PS3 and made extremely loud buzzing/scratching noises. Great way to drive away customers, QD.:(

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

I played the demo for 15 minutes then the POS crashed my PS3 and made extremely loud buzzing/scratching noises. Great way to drive away customers, QD.:(

ndawgdrake
I'm pretty sure that that has nothing to do with the demo. Considering you're the only person I've heard that has experienced this problem.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Loved the demo.
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
The demo was good. It's not a 9.5 or over kind of game but the demo was pretty good.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Game Imformer gave it a 9.5 and it is gonna be awesome. But still my money is going to GoW3 because I ain't got much of it. I will one day (in the near future) will be playing this game.

bigfootstew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bigfootstew
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

I didn't like the demo. It had nice graphics, and I'm all for games with more involved stories, particularly non-linear ones. But it barely registered as a game. It just seemed to be a bunch of cutscenes strung together by annoying quick time events. Meh, I think I'd rather just watch a movie.

DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DangerHiVoltage
it isnt a quick time event if u dont need to do it quickly, u collect clues, and walk around and stuff. your not forced to do it quickly. i think this game is gonna be a huge hit
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

The fight was cool but it really was just a bunch of QTE. Sure you could miss a few and still be okay but it has a limit. However, What I appreciate about the game is when it lets you make choices. I'd be fine if they did away with QTE fight scenes and just focused on the decisions you make.

DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DangerHiVoltage

The fight was cool but it really was just a bunch of QTE. Sure you could miss a few and still be okay but it has a limit. However, What I appreciate about the game is when it lets you make choices. I'd be fine if they did away with QTE fight scenes and just focused on the decisions you make.

Zidaneski
how is it rational to get rid of those events, how the hell could the game be exciting without those qte.s so many haters
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

I liked the demo I just dont think its worth $60. i'll def be renting it when it releases.

Avatar image for SensesFailx13xx
SensesFailx13xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SensesFailx13xx
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
the demo was good.. during the action parts but the investigating just seemed like a chore, combing the grass scanning for evidence, then half of what u find is irrelevent to the crime. overall impressive idea and i'm on board. wont pick it up on release cause i wont have time to beat it before i leave for training (cant game there) but i look forward to this one.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

DangerHiVoltage

how is it rational to get rid of those events, how the hell could the game be exciting without those qte.s so many haters

Wow, I had no idea I was a hater. I said the fight was cool didn't I? the figh just lasted longer than I expected. And it was just one big QTE, dozens of games have those. I'm merely praising the game for what I felt it was strong in. The game would be a joke if it just had QTE fight scenes, an utter failure.

chessboxer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 chessboxer1
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts

Heavy Rain would be good if they added some gameplay. Looks like they left the fun out of this one though.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Wow, these threads gotta stop now. If you haven't recognized Heavy Rain by now, then you'll probably never will.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#22 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I know this sounds silly but I played the crap out of that demo. No joke, I think I played the entire thing six or seven times. :P

bootsgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bootsgame
Member since 2009 • 297 Posts

yerr im gunna rent it first then buy it later.

Jose3190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jose3190
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts
This for february and GOW3 in march!! sweet
fishman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fishman100
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
All i have to say about Heavy Rain is OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. THis game will make my ps3 collection shine like a star. What a game. I think This would be the best game of my life
LILoj0508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LILoj0508
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts

i loved the demo bout time they make a game like this. its the first time i got my gf to play a demo and play it all the way through i was pretty shocked. You know if she liked it its gonna be a great game she never likes any of my games lol cant wait for it.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

I know this sounds silly but I played the crap out of that demo. No joke, I think I played the entire thing six or seven times. :P

brickdoctor
Same here. I keep finding new things - mostly minor (like the fact that Jayden flips someone off if you walk too close to the highway, lol), but still neat.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Indeed it will be amazing. I'm playing it for the story and case-solving. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the controls.

shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

I didn't like the demo. It had nice graphics, and I'm all for games with more involved stories, particularly non-linear ones. But it barely registered as a game. It just seemed to be a bunch of cutscenes strung together by annoying quick time events. Meh, I think I'd rather just watch a movie.

bigfootstew
obviously you didn't play the whole demo.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#30 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I cant wait !!! 8)

fishman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fishman100

I am looking forward to see how much it sells. Little big planet was a special game like Heavy rain too and Its a fact that it sold 3 million . That means that the people who say " Heavy rain is a not a game for everyone " is Bull ****. Thats what people said about Little big planet and it sold 3 million same as Uncharted 1 and 2 .

I have already bought 4 copies of Heavy Rain and contributed my share for the game. One is heavy rain U.S version . 1 is Uk version with a improve box art. 1 is Heavy rain Collectos Edition Uk with special rain drops and the last copy is U.S version for my gaming.I will use 1 and preserve the other 3.

yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts
[QUOTE="fishman100"]

I am looking forward to see how much it sells. Little big planet was a special game like Heavy rain too and Its a fact that it sold 3 million . That means that the people who say " Heavy rain is a not a game for everyone " is Bull ****. Thats what people said about Little big planet and it sold 3 million same as Uncharted 1 and 2 .

I have already bought 4 copies of Heavy Rain and contributed my share for the game. One is heavy rain U.S version . 1 is Uk version with a improve box art. 1 is Heavy rain Collectos Edition Uk with special rain drops and the last copy is U.S version for my gaming.I will use 1 and preserve the other 3.

Man - that's hardcore! I'm looking forward to this and will picking it up on release day. Only one copy though!
Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

I love games that are innovative, regardless of what platform they come out on. It seems that the demo was just a very small fraction of the tip of the iceberg. I actually enjoyed it and was only dissappointed in that I couldn't play the rest of the game right then and there.

It's certainly interesting and anyone who is a gamer, sony, ms, or nintendo fanboy should at least check it out.

fishman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fishman100

Man - that's hardcore! I'm looking forward to this and will picking it up on release day. Only one copy though!

Yes i am proud to be a Hardcore gamer .
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"][QUOTE="ndawgdrake"]

I'm pretty sure that that has nothing to do with the demo. Considering you're the only person I've heard that has experienced this problem.

Oddly enough it happen to me twice. I'm still getting the game, though. My PS3 can catch fire if it wants to, but I have to play Heavy Rain!!!!!
fishman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fishman100
Oddly enough it happen to me twice. I'm still getting the game, though. My PS3 can catch fire if it wants to, but I have to play Heavy Rain!!!!!

Now this is how a Fine man talks. Great words indeed.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#37 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

DangerHiVoltage

And if all fights were automatic then they could only be played out in one way, characters could not live or die, and the story would likely be changed.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
[QUOTE="ndawgdrake"]

xmitchconnorx

I was going to say the same thing. Is your system giving you problems now or is it ok?
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

[QUOTE="ndawgdrake"]

xmitchconnorx

It actually happened to me too. After the CSI scene I walked behind the ambulances instead of to my car and it crashed.

Leviathan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Leviathan-
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

This game is MUST because it is so different

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="Ospov"]

[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"][QUOTE="ndawgdrake"]

It actually happened to me too. After the CSI scene I walked behind the ambulances instead of to my car and it crashed.

Hey thats one of the places it happen to me! I was just past the ambulance, though. I was on the way to my car and suddenly it froze with frizzled line up one side of the screen and my PS3 was made a wierd noise for a second. It happen once there and another time after the QTE fight when the hooker is about to say thanks. That time, though, it simply froze without the funny noises or frizzled line. My PS3 has never given me any problems and has only froze on Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed in the past. Anyway, I've played the demo at least a dozen times by now and those are the only two times it happened.
albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

ndawgdrake
You are the only person I have heard of having this problem, to be honest, so I think you are placing the blame where it does not belong. I enjoyed the demo but am not crazy about the controls (holding r2 to walk etc) - to me it interferes with my immersion in the game in a big way and makes me feel too much like I am operating a puppet instead of inhabiting a character. I still find the overall game so potentially interesting that I plan on getting it anyway.
ndawgdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ndawgdrake
Member since 2009 • 533 Posts

I'm pretty sure that that has nothing to do with the demo. Considering you're the only person I've heard that has experienced this problem.xmitchconnorx
[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"]

albatrossdrums

You are the only person I have heard of having this problem, to be honest, so I think you are placing the blame where it does not belong. I enjoyed the demo but am not crazy about the controls (holding r2 to walk etc) - to me it interferes with my immersion in the game in a big way and makes me feel too much like I am operating a puppet instead of inhabiting a character. I still find the overall game so potentially interesting that I plan on getting it anyway.

Sorry fellas, there's nothing wrong with my PS3. I have played on it religiously over this past holiday season and have been watching Blu-Ray movies several times a week on it without a hitch. The demo has some serious bugs. Don't believe me? Google "Heavy Rain Demo Crashes". Anyways, I thought the demo was pretty interesting. It reminded me of the Blade Runner game for the PC, which I thoroughly enjoyed. However the general pace of the demo just wasn't my cup of tea. I may pick this up if it becomes a greatest hits release; though I don't believe it's going to sell very well since the attention spans of most mainstream gamers today will only cater to games like COD.

kklpo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 kklpo3
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

I have tried the demo. It seems like a interesting concept. The real thing will be sweet.