Heavy rain demo impressions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

Wow im impressed! the demo was so fun (half of it)

I really never got so involved into the game universe on a game before...

the graphics are not the best...nor does the face emotions...but its still great....the fight scene on the first episode was so exciting...

but I do must say...it was extremely easy...I played the game on the highest difficulty...think they should make the button input more tricky...like some buttons changing over time...and change it so that if you press other button, you fail...because if you do you dont fail, it still goes until time goes out or until you press the button...

ElvesOnEcstacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ElvesOnEcstacy
Member since 2009 • 574 Posts

I just finished playing through the demo, and I am extremely impressed with it. My favourite thing about it is the whole concept of choosing and dealing with the consequences. Like in the first episode, if you yell at Lauren, you later feel regret for it. The whole play on emotions and being able to access the characters thoughts is just amazing.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I liked it a lot. Didn't think I would, but I guess that's what demos are for. Not a huge fan of the button commands, but overall I'll be getting the game for the story and thrill of solving the case.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I havn't played the demo yet because i dont want to spoil it for me. But ill be picking the game up on day 1
tbalz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tbalz
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

Where is the demo available? I haven't seen it on the PSN Store.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

tbalz
Go to Kotaku.com. There's a little mini game you can complete called 'Precint 52' that nets you the redemption code when you're done.
tbalz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tbalz
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
[QUOTE="tbalz"]

TheEldestGod
Go to Kotaku.com. There's a little mini game you can complete called 'Precint 52' that nets you the redemption code when you're done.

Sweet, thanks. Looking forward to this game.
mahan-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#8 mahan-k
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts

I played the demo yesterday, and I have to say that I'm really impressed! The demo was amazing, and looks like this game is going to be so creative. the crime scene was a bit boring, but overall, it was really good.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

[QUOTE="tbalz"]

TheEldestGod

What are you talking about? Link?

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I'll probably get it, but if this logical mystery game has a supernatural answer, then I'm going to snap the disc in half.
dinjo_jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 dinjo_jo
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts
Demo is awesome i have pre-ordered it.
Memoryitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Memoryitis
Member since 2006 • 2221 Posts
I'll probably get it, but if this logical mystery game has a supernatural answer, then I'm going to snap the disc in half.hazelnutman
LOL thats the best thing! Have you played Dreamfall? Awwwesome But anyways this game is sick. The atmosphere is really gritty and depressing, and shows the darkside of the world filled with death, sadness and mystery. I really liked the demo
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Demo is awesome i have pre-ordered it.dinjo_jo

im going to go preorder it tomorrow:D

fifamessi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fifamessi
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
I loved it, if the rest of the game is the same and is atleast 9hours long it will be a 9.5(for me, im not saying 9.5 on gamespot lol)
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.........WAIT!!!!! :shock:I thought the demo wasnt until Feb. 11. WTF how did people get it!!!

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I wasn't going to play the demo because I didn't want to spoil anything but I couldn't help it so I finally just played it and WOW. Game is going to be sick. The movement felt a bit awkward but other than that I enjoyed the gameplay and the story is going to be amazing. Already had it preordered and now I'm even more excited. Can't wait for it.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

The demo was pretty interesting. I'm interested to see how long term things are affected in the game, and if the storyline changes enough to make playing through a lot worth it.

One cool thing I noticed on my multiple playthroughs is that when I waited a while to check up on "laura" (was that her name) after her "boyfriend" stopped by she'd have a black eye. Now I wonder what'll happen if I just hang out in the hall.

MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

The Demo was good i liked the demo very much. i expect big things for the full game, day one purchase for me. For people on the fence who are not familiar with the game developer the gameplay reminded me of Shenmue. The graphics are good and the gameplay is cool a great alternative for people like me i play MW2 like crazy but when this is release it should keep me busy till god of war 3.