Heavenly Sword Poll

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for xoxINSOMNIACxox
xoxINSOMNIACxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xoxINSOMNIACxox
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
Is this game worth your collection or it's not being short. I haven't played it ever since it came out so thinking of buying it.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

This will be one of the greatest rentals ever. However, once you finish it once, there's no more reason to go back and play. The story will take you 6 hours (took me 5).

This is the awesomest rental. Not-so-awesome buy.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
if you can get it for cheap used, then buy it. I go it back when PS3 games where slim to nun it was well worth $59. now I'm not sure for $59 but at least rent it.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Worth my collection?? Hell No!!!

Worth to be in my collection?? Only if free.

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
its the best and my favoret game this gen.....i play it like evry 2 or 3 days i never get bored of it this game is a master piece for me
nohnaimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nohnaimer
Member since 2003 • 513 Posts

This will be one of the greatest rentals ever. However, once you finish it once, there's no more reason to go back and play. The story will take you 6 hours (took me 5).

This is the awesomest rental. Not-so-awesome buy.

hazelnutman

Lol it's been 3 weeks since I bought the game,,, only 60% finished right now.

Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts
yea
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts

Is this game worth your collection or it's not being short. I haven't played it ever since it came out so thinking of buying it.xoxINSOMNIACxox

I'm in the same boat. I want to buy it when the price goes down, but don't know how long it will be...

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts
It's so short you can easily beat it on a rent. If you still want to play more after you've beaten it (which you probably won't) then buy it when it's cheap.
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I'd say it's worth a rent to check it out. It's rather short, and the combat can be pretty repetitive. The Sixaxis portions also drove me nuts, like that part where you need to stop the catapults. I finally disabled the Sixaxis controls.

It's a very nice looking game and has a decent story. I'd say it's worth at least checking out, but not worth the money to buy it.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I'd say it's worth a rent to check it out. It's rather short, and the combat can be pretty repetitive. The Sixaxis portions also drove me nuts, like that part where you need to stop the catapults. I finally disabled the Sixaxis controls.

It's a very nice looking game and has a decent story. I'd say it's worth at least checking out, but not worth the money to buy it.

BobZany

You can could diable the sixaxis control?!? dammit that part was frustrating. I wish I checked that.

willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
yes yes dude yes
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

i bought it ages ago..hardly look at it, i wish i could sell it for some money to buy like new game lol.

but at the time of release i just had to have it. but i guess that happens with all single player games

Princess_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Princess_Gamer
Member since 2008 • 463 Posts
Buy it. I did.
Licazinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Licazinha
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

Heavenly sword is the best game I've yet played for the PS3. And you guys are crazy to disable the sixaxis parts, they were my favorite. Shame it's so underrated.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts
It depends. If you like replaying your games to get all you can, then yes. But if you're the type who just play a game one time through, rent it. The game is too short for one play through, even though that play through is bad ass.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
I loved it, I bought it in September when it was released, and I still play it today.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

BobZany

Sixaxis was the best part of the game .. and it was easy to pick up on also .. wasn't that hard once you got a feel for it.

BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts
I disagree. I found it gimmicky at best, and the other controls for directing cannonballs and what not were far more efficient, in my experience.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

It's one of my favorite games on the PS3, and it sits proudly among my other 37 PS3 games.

I don't find Heavenly Sword's length to be a negative. It's the perfect length to tell the tale that it has to tell. Stretching it out further simply to increase the number of hours it takes to beat it would disrupt the pacing, and overall decrease the impact of the game.

Making a game long does not make it a better game, or a better value. Besides, some games are so good that they are worth multiple playthroughs, and for me, Heavenly Sword is one of those games. I've played it through 3 times, and I know I'll play it again and again over time.

Don't get me wrong, I love long games, too, but length, short or long, does not impact my decision to buy. I bought Heavenly Sword as easily as I did Oblivion, despite the drastic difference in length.

Quality beats out quantity, any day, and quality is what determines my enjoyment of the game, and if it was worth my cash.

For me, Heavenly Sword was worth every penny I paid.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
It's awesome, but it's pretty short and a little shallow. I would go for a rental first and then buy it if you can see yourself playing it again.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Most. Epic. Game. Ever.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
it's worth adding to my colloction just not at $60. i am waiting for a price drop before i add one of the best games i ever played to my collection.
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
I own it and I freaking love Heavenly Sword. Makes me want to play it right now I throughly enjoyed the gameplay it offered, however Im playing another game right now on my Ps3. Im defitnetly playing H.S. some time soon.
jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
nah i rather watch harry poter on my ps3, than keep mashing the button and watch it, the true game with full prize should have lots of content, too bad most of the ppl a really dumb to buy somthing not worth it, and than they keep making the same game and they success, we need to stop buying a crappy game until they make a real game.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts
I rented it at for a week, cost me around $12 at Blockbuster and I finished it. I'd like to own it but would pay no more than $25 dollars for it now.
IntegraBella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IntegraBella
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts
its worth the buy and adding to the collection I say. :) if you're not sure about it, download the demo of the game. that'll give you a good idea of what you're going to be doing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 189302
Member since 2004 • 226 Posts
I thought it was a damn fine game, I've played through it at least 4 times. I'm not sure I would buy it for full price again, but definetly worth owning. The six axis stuff drove me nuts the first time through, but now I couldn't play it without it. Guiding arrows into the enemies crotch is always worth a chuckle.
btf504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 btf504
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts

I rented it, enjoyed it, beat it, returned it, and haven't had any desire to play it since. I liked the game while I had it, but I just don't see myself playing through the game again, as opposed to many of the other people on this board seem to. I do like to play through games again, short or long, if I think they're worth it to play again.

I played through Suikoden II, my favorite game on PS2, 4 times through, and that's an RPG, so it's lengthly. Even though Heavenly Sword is short, I wouldn't want to play it again. What I would do is rent it, and see how you like it, and if you think it's worth playing through 4 times or something like that, then buy it. If you don't want to play through it again, you got your money's worth from the rental.

Avatar image for xoxINSOMNIACxox
xoxINSOMNIACxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xoxINSOMNIACxox
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
It seems many people only buy the games whenever they know it has a replay value. Anyways, Does this game need to be installed on the HDD? And would it asked you to install it or it will just install the game by itself like GTA IV?
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I have to say rental only because it's so short.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
I bought it and I'm glad I did. I like it a lot and I still haven't finished it (got too many games and I haven't got the time to finish it...at the moment that is).