Has MGS Portable Ops held up well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#1 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts

Ive played and really enjoyed Peace Walker and just need more MGS action, how good is the game and does it still stand up. Can it at least compare to PW?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

It plays... well, it feels like scaled-down MGS2 gameplay. Don't expect Peace Walker's TPS stealth-action at all. It forgoes bosses and all for much more vertical level design. Granted, the last time I played it was four or five (no wait, more) years ago and found its enemy kidnapping fun. Instead of Peace Walker's Fulton System, you have to actually drag the captive back to a truck on the map.

Essentially, it's much more stealthy than PW with a more isometric-ish camera and only aiming in first person. I'd recommend trying Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops+, it's just the core gameplay without the story. If you like that, then try PO.

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#3 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts

Story is the main reason Im playing it, Im also going to play it on an emulator so I can map the camera controls to the right thumbstick of my gamepad.

Another reason PW was so much fun was because of the collection stuff, is it any good in PO?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Oh, I dunno about the quality of its story and honestly have forgotten about the camera control.

What collection stuff are you talking about specifically? Things like ZEKE and tanks and all? I'm pretty sure that's absent in PO. Check out GameSpot's review, maybe that'll help.