gta4 review...possibility

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fossil2587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fossil2587
Member since 2003 • 589 Posts

Do you guys think that the 360 version of GTA4 will geta higher review score than the playstation 3 version primarily based on the DLC that is going to the 360 version.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts
NO what if the DLC stinks?
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
i dont thinks so but im very bias i love ps3 gta 4 will rule!
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
I don't think they'll take future updates/DLC into account when giving it a score. It'll probably be mentioned in the review though. I would be very surprised if both versions don't get the same score.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

They will review the game based on what is on the disc and what they are playing. Things not on the disc and not avalable to them will not effect any credible review site.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Nope...it's all about quality...not quantity!
Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Magusi
Member since 2004 • 369 Posts
No, but they may for something as simple as achievements.
funkills16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 funkills16
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Of course not, the PS3 version will dominate the xbox 360 version, because the PS3 will most Likely have DLC also.
Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Magusi

Of course not, the PS3 version will dominate the xbox 360 version, because the PS3 will most Likely have DLC also.funkills16

I have no doubt that the PS3 will have it's own. It is just put on hold. Have to make MS feel good about their money spent.

Solarburn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solarburn24
Member since 2004 • 1643 Posts
I agree
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

[QUOTE="funkills16"]Of course not, the PS3 version will dominate the xbox 360 version, because the PS3 will most Likely have DLC also.Magusi

I have no doubt that the PS3 will have it's own. It is just put on hold. Have to make MS feel good about their money spent.

ps3 will not have DLC. this has been stated by R* on several occasions.

on topic: the scores will be the same being scores are based on the game at hand, but it's likely to be mentioned that if you own both consoles that the x360 is the way to go being it'll have DLC as soon as the summer.

and don't convince youreself that the DLC will be bad as most likely it'll be incredible.

louiscbrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 louiscbrn
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

They rated pro skater a 10.

Dont trust gamespot reviews.

Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Magusi
[QUOTE="Magusi"]

[QUOTE="funkills16"]Of course not, the PS3 version will dominate the xbox 360 version, because the PS3 will most Likely have DLC also.stygiansanity

on topic: the scores will be the same being scores are based on the game at hand, but it's likely to be mentioned that if you own both consoles that the x360 is the way to go being it'll have DLC as soon as the summer.

and don't convince youreself that the DLC will be bad as most likely it'll be incredible.

Actually R* has said that the ps3 will have it's own exclusive DLC, last year. However, they did not mention any details and kept rather hush on it. Making us wonder if they were even sure. That being said, they were paid to HYPE and work on Xbox360's DLC. So of course it is only what we've heard about. I expect it will be sweet. But don't get all bent out of shape (like many will) if something does come to the PS3.

Remember, "Exclusive" usually means timed ... this gen.

Btw, I checked your reviews. I agree with BF2 and LOTRO. I am surprised that you found such little interest in RFoM or even a classic like Tekkan ... "but to each his own" as they say.

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stygiansanity
[QUOTE="stygiansanity"][QUOTE="Magusi"]

[QUOTE="funkills16"]Of course not, the PS3 version will dominate the xbox 360 version, because the PS3 will most Likely have DLC also.Magusi

Actually R* has said that the ps3 will have it's own exclusive DLC, last year. However, they did not mention any details and kept rather hush on it. Making us wonder if they were even sure. That being said, they were paid to HYPE and work on Xbox360's DLC. So of course it is only what we've heard about. I expect it will be sweet. But don't get all bent out of shape (like many will) if something does come to the PS3.

Btw, I checked your reviews. I agree with BF2 and LOTRO. I am surprised that you found such little interest in RFoM or even a classic like Tekkan ... "but to each his own" as they say.

maybe it is timed, but hard to believe $20m = timed :P

really didn't like RFoM, just didn't like it.

And I just cancelled my LOTRO...my character is as good as it gets (seriously) and I realized that in 6 months it'll still be the case and the PVP just isn't worth the $15/month.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
they can't rate games to include DLC, or alot of games would have higher ratings.
Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Magusi
[QUOTE="Magusi"][QUOTE="stygiansanity"][QUOTE="Magusi"]

[QUOTE="funkills16"]Of course not, the PS3 version will dominate the xbox 360 version, because the PS3 will most Likely have DLC also.stygiansanity

maybe it is timed, but hard to believe $20m = timed :P

really didn't like RFoM, just didn't like it.

And I just cancelled my LOTRO...my character is as good as it gets (seriously) and I realized that in 6 months it'll still be the case and the PVP just isn't worth the $15/month.

That's a fair veiw, I'm not a fan of any monthly fee. I took the very slow road of multi-alts.

Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts

Yes. Because we all know that 50 MILLION Dollars for exclusive Downloadable Content... means taht it will be crap.

Yeah, I'm buying it for the 360. Mainly because I don't have a PS3 yet but... still. Even then I would buy it for the 360.

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
theres not enough difference for a .5 shift in score.
Magusi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Magusi

Yes. Because we all know that 50 MILLION Dollars for exclusive Downloadable Content... means taht it will be crap.

Yeah, I'm buying it for the 360. Mainly because I don't have a PS3 yet but... still. Even then I would buy it for the 360.

Bruce_McGivern

I think most people expect it will be great. I mean it is R* working on it.

As for the 50mil, it was an in-advance lone ... R* will have to hand so much of it back, if not all.

rpgfreak15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rpgfreak15
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
What the hell is the DLC for the XBL marketplace anyways? I doubt a lot of people care about it...either way i'm getting this game on the PS3 for sure.
fossil2587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fossil2587
Member since 2003 • 589 Posts

well with GS...they gave Unreal tournament an 8.5..part of the reason was that the mod capabilities was not availabale yet for the ps3 version, even though they knew it was gonna happen..so i wouldnt put it past this site.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

What the hell is the DLC for the XBL marketplace anyways? I doubt a lot of people care about it...either way i'm getting this game on the PS3 for sure.rpgfreak15
Seeing how it is supposed to be 2 expansions, both being around an extra 15 to 20 hours each, I think the only people who dont care, or atleast say they dont are the ones that dont own a 360.

I own both a PS3 and a 360 and with out a doubt will get it for the 360.

perfection1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 perfection1000
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
I could care less about that insanely awesome "DLC". I just want the game and I will get it only on the PS3.
heyheydoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 heyheydoh
Member since 2005 • 1859 Posts
Honestly, I don't care about DLC, I'm getting GTA4 for ps3. And DLC will never be a review factor.
dwade_vokmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dwade_vokmy
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
nah ps3 will still get the better review
dwade_vokmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dwade_vokmy
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
nah ps3 will still get the better review
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stygiansanity

nah ps3 will still get the better reviewdwade_vokmy

I have to say "lol" to that, and I think everyone here agrees with me...for different reasons (fanboys thinking one version is better vs people who claim that GS is biased towards PS3 games).

solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts
they can't rate games to include DLC, or alot of games would have higher ratings.americahellyeah
You trust GS to overlook that? Although I doubt they will even bother to play the PS3 version and just copy-paste the grade from 360
harisonx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 harisonx5
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

the ps3 version is goin to be better then the xbox 1 cause the ps3 has more graphics and features

harisonx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 harisonx5
ya i no ps3 pwns xbox
harisonx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 harisonx5
ya i aint goin to get gta 4 for my xbox
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I could care less about that insanely awesome "DLC". I just want the game and I will get it only on the PS3.perfection1000

Agreed.