gta 5 jagged edges ps3!!!! HELP!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deceptonist999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deceptonist999
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Guys few days ago i bought a ps3 super slim 500gb to play GTA 5 but the graphics is not what i expected the games runs nicely but its almost full of jagged edges. Please guys help oh and i didnt buy a HDMI cable yet could that be the problem? and i have 32 inch LED Hd tv. Please help guys!! Thankyou :D
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Well the game will have jags regardless consoles don't have much in the way of resource's for AA but will look worse if you aren't playing in HD. So if you aren't using HDMI what are you using?

deceptonist999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deceptonist999
well im using the cables that comes with the ps3 the red,yellow and white colored one
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
The jaggies are awful even with HDMI. As long as nothing moves while you are taking a screenshot it looks great. It seriously reminds me of NFS: Undercover in the graphics department. Crappy framerate, tons of bloom and shiny on jaggy cars.
deceptonist999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deceptonist999
well i have seen lots of gta 5 walkthroughs, reviews and stuffs but the i couldn't see any jagged edges in those. couldn't it be fixed? cause it bugs me alot feels like playing a ps2 game
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

You need a HDMI cable to display in HD on a HDTV.    Are you using the cable that has red, white, and yellow plugs on the end?  If so, that's a composite cable which only displays in standard definition and that will look horrible on most HDTVs..

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Use an HDMI cable, but don't expect things to be magically perfect - Those component (EDIT: I meant to say 'composite') cables the machine comes with allow a maximum resolution of 480p so you will see a fairly significant reduction in edge if you go to a proper HDMI... But Remember: It's a video game, after all, and made up of polygonal constructs. Also, most games run at 720p, there are a FEW which run 1080p, but not many. So there will always be SOME "jaggies".

Try backing up from your TV a bit, that will help your perceptions, as well.

PS - Don't double-post your stuff, it's a no-no around here, and a mod might slap you for doing it.

01_855403

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 01_855403
Member since 2006 • 1004 Posts
The PS3 comes with an RCA cable not Component. Plus it is regular to see HD graphics jagged on an SD resolution (Aliasing effect). Once you use HDMI you will have a resolution of 720p (not always though..), also you need to game from a distance use this for more help: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Article/How-Far-Should-I-Sit.php
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
The shadows and raindrops are horrible but other than that the game was overall really good and the handling was good as well. I think the jagged edges are there to stay I'm afraid but the interiors are awesome. I love the rear seat view as well. Can't complain.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Definitely get an HDMI cable. I see minor jaggies on a 55" TV, but on a 32" I would imagine they would be unnoticeable.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

well im using the cables that comes with the ps3 the red,yellow and white colored onedeceptonist999

Well that's your problem.

You need to be using HDMI. The cables that come with PS3/360 are (stupidly) only good for SDTV. So even if you hook it up to a HDTV it's still sending a 480p signal as that's all those cables are capable of.  Go buy yourself an HDMI cable to hook into your LED HDTV and just put those garbage composite cables back in the box. 

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

The shadows and raindrops are horrible but other than that the game was overall really good and the handling was good as well. I think the jagged edges are there to stay I'm afraid but the interiors are awesome. I love the rear seat view as well. Can't complain. RimacBugatti

TC was talking about "Grand Theft Auto V" (gta 5), not "Gran Turismo 5"...

:lol:

... You didn't address TC's question, either...

... Reading Comprehension: It's Faaaaan-TASTIC!

;)