Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time announced for NA (IV Over-reloaded in Japan)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Awesome! Growlanser is a great series and I wasn't expecting this. :D

atlus.com/growlanserpsp

GS won't let me post links again. :?

terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Is there any chance at all that this will be available for digital download as well?

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Is there any chance at all that this will be available for digital download as well?

terafumos
Looks like it will be on Playstation Network: http://kotaku.com/5877214/atlus-makes-tactical-role+playing-fans-wishes-come-true-with-growlanser-wayfarer-of-time
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eikichi-Onizuka

terafumos
I imagine it will be. Barely any PSP games aren't released digitally anymore. And I'm pretty sure all of Atlus' back PSP catalog is on PSN.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

Awesome! Growlanser is a great series and I wasn't expecting this. :D

atlus.com/growlanserpsp

GS won't let me post links again. :?

Eikichi-Onizuka
That is awesome news. I loved the 'Generations' collection on PS2. Also, GS has a linking issue again. you have to do text or words you want to say herelinked
daveydsurveys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 daveydsurveys
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

I'm so excited for this game. Growlanser 2 and 3 were easily two of the best RPGs I have ever played. They're right up there with Shining Force 1-3. And Wayfarer of Time is supposedly considered the best one by many of the fans. I just hope this one sells well enough to convince Atlus to bring over the Growlanser I PSP remake, too.

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eikichi-Onizuka

I'm so excited for this game. Growlanser 2 and 3 were easily two of the best RPGs I have ever played. They're right up there with Shining Force 1-3. And Wayfarer of Time is supposedly considered the best one by many of the fans. I just hope this one sells well enough to convince Atlus to bring over the Growlanser I PSP remake, too.

daveydsurveys
I think hope is gone for Growlanser 1, it's just too old now for Atlus to consider. It would be nice if I'm wrong though.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#8 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'll be getting it
daveydsurveys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 daveydsurveys
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

I have my copy pre-ordered. What I love most about this series is that Growlanser blends turn-based and real-time strategy. You issue commands to each member of your party, but their actions play out in real-time; Things not going how you planned? Interrupt your characters at any time and create a new strategy. The other thing I love about the battles is that killing all of the enemies is seldom your only objective. For example, during some battles there are civilians that will be killed unless your party can rescue them in time. I think anyone who loves classic SRPGs like the Shining Force series will love this game.

[QUOTE="daveydsurveys"]

Eikichi-Onizuka

I think hope is gone for Growlanser 1, it's just too old now for Atlus to consider. It would be nice if I'm wrong though.

Well, I think there's still a chance they could release it as a PSN digital download only... They could cut costs by not producing a physical copy and people who only have a Vita could still buy it.