Grid demo have you played it???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kingdomkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kingdomkey33
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

I don't know about all of you but I was very! impressed in the new GRID demo!!! waaay better than gt5 It made me never want to play GT ever again!!!! handling was better, more fun with crashes and on top of that when you skid out you don't get freaking sucked outta the race you actually have the speed to catch up to other players! Anyways I hope those who havn't tried this demo to go and try it seriously!

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Yeah the demo was really good.

I know a lot of people are complaining about the handling and how it isn't realistic, but I didn't mind it. It played like DiRT and to me that is a good thing.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
I love racing games, but the kind that lead towards arcade. Grid is not quite Burnout and not quite GT. Its a little mix of both, with some of its own elements. Just what I was looking for! Cant wait to pick this one up.
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
Personally I'm disappointed that it isn't more sim-like.
Avatar image for SephirothsAngel
SephirothsAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SephirothsAngel
Member since 2004 • 2679 Posts

Hmm, i wasnt expecting people to like this game so much, i didn't really give it much attention!

I think i'll download the demo and see for myself now :D

kratos-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kratos-7
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
Yeah, i loved it. Really fun
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I really enjoyed it. Picked up DIRT to tide me over until GRID comes out. It is however a completely different type of racing game and in no way competes with GT5.
gshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gshell
Member since 2002 • 1381 Posts

I don't know about all of you but I was very! impressed in the new GRID demo!!! waaay better than gt5 It made me never want to play GT ever again!!!! handling was better, more fun with crashes and on top of that when you skid out you don't get freaking sucked outta the race you actually have the speed to catch up to other players! Anyways I hope those who havn't tried this demo to go and try it seriously!

Kingdomkey33

well that's good to here because the game looks hot......i'll download the demo this week

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
Well you will get those inevitable comparisons. I have read nothing but positive feedback for this demo. I may check it out soon.
I really enjoyed it. Picked up DIRT to tide me over until GRID comes out. It is however a completely different type of racing game and in no way competes with GT5.emitsu97
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

GRID doesn't compare to GT5. GT5 is a sim, while GRID is arcade attempting to be a sim.

GT5 is way better in my opinion. I either like to play an arcade game or a sim game - not something inbetween - because too many things are lame and hard to judge. In GT5 you have to slow down at most turns, but in GRID you can go full speed around turns.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

GRID doesn't compare to GT5. GT5 is a sim, while GRID is arcade attempting to be a sim.

GT5 is way better in my opinion. I either like to play an arcade game or a sim game - not something inbetween - because too many things are lame and hard to judge. In GT5 you have to slow down at most turns, but in GRID you can go full speed around turns.

LtColJaxson

But where GriD differentiates is with its damage modeling. You could go crazy around a turn, but you may slam into a wall and destroy your car, or you might hit another car and cause damage and in turn hamper how well your car drives. As realistic as GT is, it doesn't take any damage into account.

There is room for all of these games and it's great to have the choice.

Alex_grist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Alex_grist
Member since 2007 • 631 Posts
I owned it
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts

LtColJaxson

Grid is NOT supposed to be a sim. The developers stated it's supposed to be a cross between Arcade & Simulator.

They nailed it quite well.

_instinct_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _instinct_
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts
I honestly didn't care for it much. I love the RR series and I also love the GT series but the combination of sim/arcade just didn't do it for me.
hsaitou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hsaitou
Member since 2005 • 243 Posts
Well, I really liked it, the only problem in my view is the R2 and L2 sensibility, its not a big problem when you are playing with the drive assistance like stability control and ABS, but when you turn them off, its almost impossible to control the cars.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

Personally I'm disappointed that it isn't more sim-like.zaphod_b

You arent the only one - I hated it.

Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts

Personally I'm disappointed that it isn't more sim-like.zaphod_b

Then the developers did their job well.

KayoticKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KayoticKiller
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts

I have to agree with the original poster. I loved playing the Grid demo for the 1 or so hours that I did play it more so than the almost 2 weeks that I spent playing GT. I also have to agree that Grid demo is better than GT5:P. While some may say that you can't compare the two, but I think that that statement is incorrect. Both games are driving games, whether its a SIM or not, doesn't change anything, they both have cars in them, and you race the cars. The lack of crash physics and real time damage totally ruined the game experience for me in GT5:P.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

The demo was great but I did not like racing in circuits, i like to race on streets like Burnout or Midnight Raching. You know what I mean ?

marterikster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 marterikster
Member since 2007 • 934 Posts

LtColJaxson

It isnt attempting to be a sim, its just trying to be an arcade racer.

I hate arcade racers..

keemo1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 keemo1987
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
the controls sucked! :P
VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 VegasAceVII
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts
I thought it was terrible.
Dark_knight66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dark_knight66
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts
I really liked the game! but had to delete it.. my ps3 crashed twice while playing it!