Great news from Sony and congrats to them!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/03/ps4-global-sales-update/

"In what is shaping up to be a historic year for gamers, I’m delighted to share an important new milestone with you. PS4’s North American debut on November 15th was PlayStation’s largest ever, with more than one million gamers picking up a PS4 in just 24 hours. Now, with PS4’s global launch expanding to a total of 32 countries worldwide, including Europe and Latin America, I’m proud to announce that more than 2.1 million PS4s have been sold.

It’s an impressive and record-setting accomplishment for our company and for our industry, and we couldn’t have done it without you. I want to personally thank PlayStation fans, both old and new, for your vote of confidence. The best part: the PS4 journey has just begun. In addition to an incredible lineup of PS4 games from the best developers in the world, we will continue to introduce valuable new features and services to PS4 in the months and years ahead.

While PS4’s capabilities will continue to evolve, our commitment to gamers and breakthrough entertainment remains steadfast. We believe that videogames represent the pinnacle of artistry and entertainment, and we will work tirelessly to make sure that PlayStation remains the best place to play.

Thank you for your passion and your support — we couldn’t have done this without you."

Definitely happy for Sony here and proud to own a PS4! Notice the part I bolded to those that say "The Playstation don't have this feature or that feature at launch

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

It should be a lot more considering that GameStop alone has a list of over 2.5 million reserved PS4s in the United States. Crazy that there are more on reserved in United States alone than even sold. Demand is way too high.

I read some article that said xbox one "sold more" than ps4 on black friday. I don't think PS4 sold one game system on black friday because they are completely unavailable everywhere at the time.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

@BH14: I.checked the Gamestop I bought my ps4 from they said they pre-orders are higher then 2mill the problem Sony can only make so much ps4s at a time so they still have over 350k ppl that haven't gotten their ps4s also some waiting on.Xmas. I know a lot ppl waiting for Xmas since there will be.some deals too

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

Crazy right. I'm Sony has been hard working trying to get these systems out asap