GRAW2 Demo First Impressions!!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
What do you think guys??? Those who got the 360 version and now are playing the PS3 demo..what's up?? :D
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
10% i will tell u i played graw 2 on 360
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AgentH
BUMP
skippysbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skippysbro
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts
Im dling it also..I have the 360 version I will tell how it compares also :)
lenzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lenzz
Member since 2003 • 208 Posts

I did a side by side comparison and there is quite a big difference between the two. The ps3 version doesn't look anywhere near as sharp and has poor AA in comparison to the 360 version. The shadows are also very poor with most shadowed arias being almost pitch black.

BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

I have played the 360 demo and In terms of gameplay they are the same but graphically the 360 version is superior, the PS3 is much darker and the shadows don't look that good, plus the details on the character models are much higher on the 360. Its a shame that the PS3 keeps getting inferior ports.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I wonder if you have to "force" it to run in 720p mode like Rainbow Six. Rainbow Six at 1080p looks like crap, but at 720p it looks good. Can you try that and let me know.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Graw feels better on PS3 than 360 ._.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

I did a side by side comparison and there is quite a big difference between the two. The ps3 version doesn't look anywhere near as sharp and has poor AA in comparison to the 360 version. The shadows are also very poor with most shadowed arias being almost pitch black.

lenzz
oh Ubisoft, how I loathe you. What is their problem?
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
I played alot of GRAW 1 on 360, adn GRAW 2 is basically the exact same, so i can tell you how it is, its 47% completed right now
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Graw feels better on PS3 than 360 ._.E_x_i_l_e
coming from RB6 the cover system is really horrid. I don't know why they didn't imrove it. Considering that the two series are basically the same game you'd think they would've improved the gameplay since GRAW2 came out later. Silly frenchies!
jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

Why people lying here ?

demo from uk psn have a error...everyone have this problem...

so stop lying trolls about worse AA....it's so sad

E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 E_x_i_l_e

[QUOTE="E_x_i_l_e"]Graw feels better on PS3 than 360 ._.espoac
coming from RB6 the cover system is really horrid. I don't know why they didn't imrove it. Considering that the two series are basically the same game you'd think they would've improved the gameplay since GRAW2 came out later. Silly frenchies!

I don't mind the cover system. Just get behind some boxes, lean out and own some fools.

jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
form me...it's almost the same game as R6....+ bazooka and medic...so sad UBI
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 E_x_i_l_e

Why people lying here ?

jelopek

and no I didn't have anyproblem with it, there are no aliasing issues I've seen.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
i played and finished it on 360. i'll let you know the differences.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

form me...it's almost the same game as R6....+ bazooka and medic...so sad UBIjelopek

the game is VERY Different.

blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
UK accounts?
jzen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19 jzen_
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts
i've DLed the GRAW2 demo months ago on my 360, so its nice to hear that it'll be available on the PSN. is this for the US too? if so, that'll be the first thing i'll do when i get home! compare/contrast ^^
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
I played and finished the 360 version 2 weeks ago. And even without a side by side comparison I can tell you that the ps3 version looks like crap in comparison. Textures sucks, shadows sucks. Its sad that I have to use night vision during a day time level to see where I'm going in the shadows otherwise its pitch black. Ubisoft looks content to keep shoveling junk ports to the ps3. I'd advise ps3 owners to stay away from this garbage considering the campaign mode is only about 3.5 hours long anyway.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

lenzz

Do you even own a Ps3 or are you doing a video comparison...??? Becuase IGN did a hands on review and said that the PS3 version looked better, but that they had issues with the controls.

jdang307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jdang307
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
Since every single game that plays on both systems seem to be darker on the PS3, I'm wondering if anyone has calibrated your TV to the PS3 properly, with it being darker. Some Video Essentials or AVIA would be helpful here.
Lomilamand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lomilamand
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
I've played the demo and tbh it's good. Though I dont have a 360 and can't comparethe differentversions.
BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts
[QUOTE="lenzz"]

MERC_RECONN

Do you even own a Ps3 or are you doing a video comparison...??? Becuase IGN did a hands on review and said that the PS3 version looked better, but that they had issues with the controls.

I think he is comparing the two demos and the 360 demo clearly looks better. What did IGN played? an updated build of the single player or Demo? but if in the final game the PS3 version looks better that would be great news.

Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts
ive played the demo of Graw2 gfx looks soweet but it does tend to suffer from frame rate problems but it could be me
ivandog_624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ivandog_624
Member since 2004 • 592 Posts
Hmmmm, its a pretty good looking game, looks awsome when the mortars start coming. But it does suffer from constant framerate drops, nothing massive, but i prefer to have a real smooth game than a good looking game. Its sounds freaking amazing though! I still much prefer Vegas though
jayme22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jayme22
Member since 2003 • 303 Posts
please note that all demos appearing on psn and live have had there graphics toned down in order to have a smaller download im surprised you lot havent noticed it all the demos look **** compared to the finally game take forza looked crap on the demo but the full game is stunning
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

[QUOTE="crck"]I played and finished the 360 version 2 weeks ago. And even without a side by side comparison I can tell you that the ps3 version looks like crap in comparison. Textures sucks, shadows sucks. Its sad that I have to use night vision during a day time level to see where I'm going in the shadows otherwise its pitch black. Ubisoft looks content to keep shoveling junk ports to the ps3. I'd advise ps3 owners to stay away from this garbage considering the campaign mode is only about 3.5 hours long anyway.Agent-of-Evil

This is complete bullcrap...

Not anywhere in the level do you need to use nightvision. You just want to make the game look worse than it is. Idiot pffff.

yeah I'm a goofy little fanboy like you that gets offend when his precious little system has a bad port. Right before you enter the enemy camp you have to walk up a path that is in complete darkness. Right near the end of the demo you have to go through a cave that is in complete darkness unless you see the exit point of the cave.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 E_x_i_l_e
[QUOTE="Agent-of-Evil"]

[QUOTE="crck"]I played and finished the 360 version 2 weeks ago. And even without a side by side comparison I can tell you that the ps3 version looks like crap in comparison. Textures sucks, shadows sucks. Its sad that I have to use night vision during a day time level to see where I'm going in the shadows otherwise its pitch black. Ubisoft looks content to keep shoveling junk ports to the ps3. I'd advise ps3 owners to stay away from this garbage considering the campaign mode is only about 3.5 hours long anyway.crck

Not anywhere in the level do you need to use nightvision. You just want to make the game look worse than it is. Idiot pffff.

yeah I'm a goofy little fanboy like you that gets offend when his precious little system has a bad port. Right before you enter the enemy camp you have to walk up a path that is in complete darkness. Right near the end of the demo you have to go through a cave that is in complete darkness unless you see the exit point of the cave.

Yeah, there are dark spots so what? I played the same demo both on PS3 and 360 and it feels much better on PS3.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

Since every single game that plays on both systems seem to be darker on the PS3, I'm wondering if anyone has calibrated your TV to the PS3 properly, with it being darker. Some Video Essentials or AVIA would be helpful here.jdang307

NOPE wrong

The PS3 versions were lighter, just go check gametrailers.com

MassacreMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MassacreMonk
Member since 2005 • 3379 Posts

I played and finished the 360 version 2 weeks ago. And even without a side by side comparison I can tell you that the ps3 version looks like crap in comparison. Textures sucks, shadows sucks. Its sad that I have to use night vision during a day time level to see where I'm going in the shadows otherwise its pitch black. Ubisoft looks content to keep shoveling junk ports to the ps3. I'd advise ps3 owners to stay away from this garbage considering the campaign mode is only about 3.5 hours long anyway.crck

@_____________@ :cry:

coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
I hate the controls :(
coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
I played and finished the 360 version 2 weeks ago. And even without a side by side comparison I can tell you that the360 version looks like crap in comparison. Textures sucks, shadows sucks ALL on 360. Its sad that I have to use night vision during a day time level to see where I'm going in the shadows otherwise its pitch black. Ubisoft looks content to keep shoveling junk ports from the 360. I'd advise360 owners to stay away from this garbage considering the campaign mode is only about 3.5 hours long anyway and it's best on PS3.crck
I agree! :D
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Well I don't own a 360, never played this before in my life. But I think it's awesome. I'm picking up this game soon.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Denji
[QUOTE="Agent-of-Evil"]

[QUOTE="crck"]I played and finished the 360 version 2 weeks ago. And even without a side by side comparison I can tell you that the ps3 version looks like crap in comparison. Textures sucks, shadows sucks. Its sad that I have to use night vision during a day time level to see where I'm going in the shadows otherwise its pitch black. Ubisoft looks content to keep shoveling junk ports to the ps3. I'd advise ps3 owners to stay away from this garbage considering the campaign mode is only about 3.5 hours long anyway.crck

Um, actually I can see it just fine. Maybe you're not aware or know how to, but there are options to change that on your TV and so on.

Jeremiah123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jeremiah123456
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
To me it seems the demo has framerate problems. I hope they fix this problem before it comes out later this month.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts

Why people lying here ?

jelopek

Actually, if you don't download in background for a few seconds, then transfer to background, it's fine.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Denji
[QUOTE="jelopek"]

Why people lying here ?

ocelotcougar

Actually, if you don't download in background for a few seconds, then transfer to background, it's fine.

I've had no problems. But I do have a problem with the North American PSN store though. It's all messed up on my end, like a broken web page.

Primevil702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Primevil702
Member since 2005 • 911 Posts

For those who haven't played - The Demo is a very good, everything about it is extremely solid from the shooting mechanics, visuals and framerate.. And I'm doubting this demo is a final indication of the game, so, I think we're looking at an excellent total port for this game. If the online interface supports a lobby, and with 14 exclusive MP maps I think we have a winner here.

And the only reason I'm thinking this demo is completely final is the SixAxis issues, a couple of those issues are too apparent... and stick out way too much when considering the quality of the rest of the game. So, we'll see... At GS I'm betting we're looking at a 9.0 with the extra content and new rating system.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AgentH
BUMP
ringbling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ringbling
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts

lenzz

Forget about the graphics for once would you? I want to know how playable it is, not if I can see the sweat dripping from some dudes balls from a hundred yards away better on the 360 versus PS3.

NamanOWNSyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NamanOWNSyou
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Well, the PS3 version runs at 1920x1080. Try 1280x720. If it still looks edgy, then f--- Ubisoft.
deadmeat31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deadmeat31
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts
[QUOTE="Agent-of-Evil"]

thats the last thread i could read about the shadows in this game what are you people smoking or taking the shadows are fine on my tv i can see every thing perfectly well in shadow and i don't even have an hdtv go get youre eyes tested
ApocaLypse805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ApocaLypse805
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
Some you guys must be smoking crack because this game looks way better then the 360 version. On 360 the game looked muddy. On ps3 I was shocked at the enhanced character detail an overall more polished look.
Avatar image for spikeydude97323
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 spikeydude97323
Member since 2003 • 1286 Posts

360 Version seems smoother and cleaner too me but this is just a demo...

I won't buy it regardless it's an ollld game, bring on warhawk!

ApocaLypse805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ApocaLypse805
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
hey deadmeat there was a former M$ employee that said his job was to spam message boards talking crap about competitor's systems and they were tons more like him. He said they would laugh at the garbage they would feed us and that they would offer prizes to game store employees for selling 360 consoles.(zunes) I know some one has a link to his blog post it.