GOW3 - Would you of prefered less graphics and more gameplay ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

While i have absolutly no complaints about GOW3, i wish the final act of the trilogy would of beena little more lengthy.I think i would of prefered a gow3 with less graphical profiency and a 20hours + adventure. What about you ?

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

While i have absolutly no complaints about GOW3, i wish the final act of the trilogy would of beena little more lengthy.I think i would of prefered a gow3 with less graphical profiency and a 20hours + adventure. What about you ?

jack00
Well, I wish they could've just had both elements in it to be honest. I felt very shortchanged by the length of the game. 8 hours can be done in a single day, and that just doesn't do it for me. It was loads of fun, but yeah, I get where you're coming from.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Nope, it was pretty perfectly balanced up until the end... I just would have preferred a grander finish. Otherwise... it was the perfect mix.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Nope, it was pretty perfectly balanced up until the end... I just would have preferred a grander finish. Otherwise... it was the perfect mix.haze_blaze
More God of War could never be a bad thing...
Kori-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kori-san
Member since 2010 • 604 Posts

Yes more gameplay or fleshed out boss battles could of gone a long way. All these sites giving GOW3 10s and 9s lost ALOT of credibility from me anywayz. It was a beautiful tech demo with rehashed PS2 movements.

MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
Note this: I have not played the game yet(I'm dying a little inside every day I don't have it), only the demo. I think that the demo was extremely replayable, so if the game is only 8 hours, it's not really a problem for me. To me, if a game offers great replay value and lasting fun, I'll be playing that "just 8 hours" years later and it will still be just as enjoyable. It's not as much the length of the game, as it is what they do with it. Of course, even to me it sounds like I'm just making a cheesy excuse. In reality, I would like them to have made it look on-par with Metal Gear Solid 4, and have 2 or 3 times as much content. They can always go back and make a remake on the next platform, or when Blu-ray discs get a space upgrade. Then they can have those slightly higher resolution textures and gnarly graphical stuff like that.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I literally had to take breaks in between. GOW III is perfectly balanced, with non stop action from start to finished, I was completely exhausted mentally by the time credits rolled.

Pure awesomeness and no it needs no changes. :D

Theamazing55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Theamazing55
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts

I would have preffered more gameplay as long as it didn't lack too much in graphics. The graphics really helped the games epic feel

sweetpotatofry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 sweetpotatofry
Member since 2008 • 276 Posts

For a game like this, I'm fine with the length we got. It didn't wear out it's welcome, in other words

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Why can't there be both..more gameplay to couple with the good graphics?
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I would have preferred some sort of decent story. If making it longer would have given them time to write a great story, I would have been down. This game was a huge disappointment.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
it took me about the same time to beat part 3 as the other 2. i certainly wasnt surprised by how long it was. the gow series has always had really tight pacing, even for action games. this involves cutting some material from the final code and only leaving the best. id rather have 10 really good hours all back to back than be forced to slog through 5 hours of fluff to get to 10 hours of the goods. plus the combat/platforming arent terribly deep. 10 hours is a good length to keep the mechanics from getting old.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted the final boss to be a triple threat match between kratos, zeus, and gaia.

Legion4Hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Legion4Hire
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

GOW 3 did seem a little short... but maybe its just because the game is so bad a$$ that time flies and I didn't want a good thing to come to an end.

erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

I just wish it had a better ending. It has one of the worst endings in gaming history. I just didnt care for what happened.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

The only reason it felt short for some is because it was the final game so they expected a longer game and they probably couldn't put the game down. I played almost non-stop and I thought it was amazing from start to end and it was a good length too, plus there's trophies, challenges and a harder level.