Good HD Recorder for PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordsLoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LordsLoss
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts
Hello everyone. I am thinking of getting an HD recorder for my PS3 and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about which one to buy. Money is not really an option because I want to get some clear footage. I hear people talk about the Hauppauge HD PVR, but it only goes to 1080i and it also does not have an HDMI slot. Does anyone know of one that goes to 1080p and/or has an HDMI slot? I'm not even sure if there is a big difference between 1080i or 1080p, but I would like to maximize clarity. Thank you for any advice. I also searched the forums and there was nothing recent that said much about this topic. Edit: I want to be able to play and record in HD.
jazzyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jazzyrider
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts
I haven't tried this product from Roxio but reviews of it are pretty good => http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/overview.html
planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

Blackmagic Design Intensity pro if you wanna record through HDMI

honestly though i have a HD PVR hauppauge and interlaced 1080 isn't as bad as people think, true it is faux HD, but the picture looks good nonetheless, the software is easy to use and its an extremely easy set up, I have no experience with BLackmagic though

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
Roxio is good... $100
LordsLoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LordsLoss
Hmm, I'm trying to use something outside of a computer. Does the Roxio let you play in HD while you record? If it does, then I wil buy it and see how it works. Thank you for the replies thus far.
LordsLoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LordsLoss
I went with the HD Hauppage PVR for $199. I'll see if this works. Thanks for the help.
--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

I use the Hauppauge HD PVR myself and the results are quite good. This is one of my videos, recorded in 1280 x 720. Probably could have improved the quality even further if I had used a better component cable.