God of War 3 vs. Dante's Inferno

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninjaniinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ninjaniinja
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

As you know God of War 3and Dante's Inferno areawesome games but from the prospectives of the demos, i think Dante's Inferno is going to be better than God of War 3. What do you guys think.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

ugh why does there always have to be this...this game vs this game going on????? and anybody notice its always a PS3 exclusive against a multiplatform game???? anyway....youre just speaking out of ignorance in my opinion...you feel better about DI because youve played the demo which was really good i know and probably a little better than the GOW3 demo...but youll see my friend...GOW 3 will deliver

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts

DI will be better then GOW!!!! I is yuyu!!!!

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I've played the demo of both, and I enjoyed DI so much more. Both games are going to be great, but I will be playing DI till GoW3 comes out
Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

As you know God of War 3and Dante's Inferno areawesome games but from the prospectives of the demos, i think Dante's Inferno is going to be better than God of War 3. What do you guys think.

ninjaniinja

Not by a long shot. Have both demos. GoW still has that extra something that makes it better. Bigger scale, more brutal combos, variety.

DI is the best GoW copycat Ive seen so far, but it fails in many departments. Im just guessing here, but DI from the demo, it looks like a solid 8, 8.5 at most.

It is cool, but its not THAT cool.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

THe GOWIII E3 demo is better than the DI demo that was released today. That being said I am looking forward to playing both.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts
I've played the demo of both, and I enjoyed DI so much more. Both games are going to be great, but I will be playing DI till GoW3 comes outzbdyx
Thats good to hear, because I have been following this game like crazy :P
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

Both demos were fun but I still gotta say God of War is better. I like Bayonetta more than both of them though :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-638d165ba095d

Both demos were fun but I still gotta say God of War is better. I like Bayonetta more than both of them though :P

Texas2089
You just like her getting naked!!!!
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]

Velocity

Kratos is almost naked too though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-638d165ba095d
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Velocity"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]

Thats so true!!!
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Velocity"] You just like her getting naked!!!!Velocity

Thats so true!!!

lol you really like exclamation points don't you?
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I'm going to play the Dante's Inferno demo in a little bit, but I played the GoW3 demo yesterday and was blown away. GoW is my favorite action franchise, even above DMC and Ninja Gaiden. Honestly, Dante's Inferno seems like a blatant ripoff of the GoW series, but I guess I can't judge it until it actually comes out. Could be good, but if it isn't, I won't care, because I know GoW3 is gonna be great!
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

THe GOWIII E3 demo is better than the DI demo that was released today. That being said I am looking forward to playing both.

Large_Soda

Agree on the last part disagree on the first part, it was the opposite for me for whatever reason. :P

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I'm going to play the Dante's Inferno demo in a little bit, but I played the GoW3 demo yesterday and was blown away. GoW is my favorite action franchise, even above DMC and Ninja Gaiden. Honestly, Dante's Inferno seems like a blatant ripoff of the GoW series, but I guess I can't judge it until it actually comes out. Could be good, but if it isn't, I won't care, because I know GoW3 is gonna be great!bluem00se
Is being a rip-off a bad thing? What if a game ripped completely off of MGS and was better in every way. I thought the only thing DI was ripping off was some of the fighting mechanics and monsters, but then again, what game doesn't have combos or button mashing
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Velocity"] You just like her getting naked!!!!Velocity

Thats so true!!!

I lol'ed so hard when I read this. I did not see that one coming (concerning the comeback with Kratos, as if it is a good thing).
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
[QUOTE="bluem00se"]I'm going to play the Dante's Inferno demo in a little bit, but I played the GoW3 demo yesterday and was blown away. GoW is my favorite action franchise, even above DMC and Ninja Gaiden. Honestly, Dante's Inferno seems like a blatant ripoff of the GoW series, but I guess I can't judge it until it actually comes out. Could be good, but if it isn't, I won't care, because I know GoW3 is gonna be great!zbdyx
Is being a rip-off a bad thing? What if a game ripped completely off of MGS and was better in every way. I thought the only thing DI was ripping off was some of the fighting mechanics and monsters, but then again, what game doesn't have combos or button mashing

There's a difference between 'borrowing' gameplay/story/atmospheric aspects from another game and completely copying another game. As for this game in particular, like I said I won't judge it until it comes out, but this is just what I've been thinking based on what I've seen of the game so far. I just played the demo, and I didn't like it. It did feel very similar to God of War, but much worse imo. I thought the combat was just ok, not great, the areas felt dull, and I felt like I'd much rather just play GoW. I can't pinpoint exactly why I didnt like it, so maybe it's just not clicking with me. I'll still keep an eye on this game, though. By the way, I'd be pissed if some game ripped off MGS completely, even if it was better in every way. Ripping completely off another game is basically stealing, and Kojima and co. deserve better than that. :p
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I never played a GoW game but I'm sure it's like Dante's Inferno and Devil May Cry so I'm going to assume that it's a Awesome game.

Zella24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zella24
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

After playing both demos I think GOW3 wins by far. DI just felt too sluggish to me and seemed like another button masher. I also really didn't like the nudity, it's not me being conservative but it just felt like it was pushed in just as a sort of shock factor with how blantent it was. I thought the graphics weren't to great either, mainly Dante's face, for someone who beats death you think he would look a little more bad ass.

The GOW demo blew me away. The graphics were incredible, the gameplay quick and fun. The brutallity was great and felt just like a GOW game but brought to a whole new level of bloodiness. Kratos also looks and acts much angrier than Dante and imo for this type of game the character should show that sort of anger(that or the DMC3 approach and make them totally cool about the whole thing).

DI just felt like another button masher while GOW3 felt more unique. I am definitely going with GOWIII next year.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I may not have played GOW3, but I own the first one.

It does seem like an alternate version of the same game. So with that, I've done Greek mythology before (ala GOW). So if I were to buy another one, I'll be buying Dante's Inferno.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
I thought the GOW III demo was stronger than Dante's Inferno. DI is almost a note for note clone of the GOW series. I dig those type of games so will get both.
magera21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magera21
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
Dante's Inferno demo was awesome! I can't wait to get this game. I'll be playing the GOW lll demo next, so hopefully I'll like it. I don't see why I wouldn't though. Oh and yes Dante's Inferno is pretty much GOW, but that certainly isn't a bad thing. The game is still sweet.
gamer9002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamer9002
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
If people are complaining about GOW III and DI are alike so there is no point of playing GOW 2 after GOW 1 because they were same. What motivates gamers to play part 2 after GOW 1 was the story the theme the curiosity of what will happen next...... it is the same perspective we should use regarding DI and GOW3 even though the game play is same but the stories and action is totally different. what you guys say... ?
juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
I like Dante's Inferno's art style better. Everytime I see an ad, I can't help but have it pique my interest, and this is before the ad tells me what game it's for.
90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

i'm going to get both. anyone who will not get dante's inferno because they think it's a "clone" will miss out on what will probably be a great game. the level design of dante's inferno is going to be tight. i understand the "vs" topics if people enjoy discussing and comparing two different games, but i don't understand people dismissing dante's inferno simply because of it's similarities with god of war. by that logic, people should dismiss first person shooter's and 2d fighting games.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Dante's Inferno won't be as good as God of War 3, but its still going to be great!

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Dante's Inferno. I love the story(from what the demo has shown). Both games will be great though.
Leviathan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Leviathan-
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

I have never waited any game as much as Dante's Inferno. I'm going to get it as soon as possible.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Kratos is King.
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

IMO, GΩW3 is the best. The gameplay, the weapons, the storyline... everything. I am a big fan of the series...

Dante's Inferno is a great game, too, but not as good as GΩW3...

I have played their demos both and I am going to buy them both on day 1...

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

Both are great and I will be getting both.

Hey wait, Kratos and Dante have both been to hell. (Kratos twice) Wonder if they were ever there at the same time. Kickin @ss together lol.

dimis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dimis_
Member since 2008 • 413 Posts

Although i have played both God Of Wars, although i like the twisted appeal of Dante's Inferno, i think that overall GOW will be the better game. Something tells me there's gonna be a long middle section. Can they really offer any surprises or plot inversions etc. in D'sI ? - I despise them for showing us that someone stabbed him. I would have kept it to be found out towards the end or something...! :)

bm1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bm1212
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

God of War 3 hands down. Have you played the other god of wars? Trust me Dante's Inferno doesn't hold a candle to God of War 3

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Dante's Inferno is pretentious. God of War III needs more fluid animations.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#35 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
He said.....He said....that the game that RIPPED COMPLETELY OFF God of War's gameplay.....will be better than God of War. Excuse me, I need to wonder off somewhere and laugh.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

[QUOTE="zbdyx"][QUOTE="bluem00se"]I'm going to play the Dante's Inferno demo in a little bit, but I played the GoW3 demo yesterday and was blown away. GoW is my favorite action franchise, even above DMC and Ninja Gaiden. Honestly, Dante's Inferno seems like a blatant ripoff of the GoW series, but I guess I can't judge it until it actually comes out. Could be good, but if it isn't, I won't care, because I know GoW3 is gonna be great!bluem00se

There's a difference between 'borrowing' gameplay/story/atmospheric aspects from another game and completely copying another game. As for this game in particular, like I said I won't judge it until it comes out, but this is just what I've been thinking based on what I've seen of the game so far. I just played the demo, and I didn't like it. It did feel very similar to God of War, but much worse imo. I thought the combat was just ok, not great, the areas felt dull, and I felt like I'd much rather just play GoW. I can't pinpoint exactly why I didnt like it, so maybe it's just not clicking with me. I'll still keep an eye on this game, though. By the way, I'd be pissed if some game ripped off MGS completely, even if it was better in every way. Ripping completely off another game is basically stealing, and Kojima and co. deserve better than that. :p

i think to anyone who has played all the gow games DI feels worst in every aspect... lol and i dont know what is wrong either it just seems not as polished or something

tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

The only reason people compare these games is because they are of a similar gaming family. They will still be different games providing different storylines and a different gaming experience.

You can argue all you want I'm going to be playing both. DI for the amazing new story and because I've read The Divine Comedy and GOW III so I can see how the story turns out, although I haven't touched GOW II since I finished playing my PS2 (it was the last game I played on it).

They arn't the same game and shouldn't be treated that way. This is the same argument as InFamous and Prototype, they were different games with the same premise.... you don't see people comparing every single shooter that comes out to another realeased at the same time; yet all shooters are pretty much the same.

All I'm saying is GET OVER IT, they're both going to be fantastic games and you're crazy if you don't think so.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#38 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
^ No one's making a real fuss over it. It's just a statement of facts. What your argument failed to mention was that DI had several key things that made GoW stand out.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

The only reason people compare these games is because they are of a similar gaming family. They will still be different games providing different storylines and a different gaming experience.

You can argue all you want I'm going to be playing both. DI for the amazing new story and because I've read The Divine Comedy and GOW III so I can see how the story turns out, although I haven't touched GOW II since I finished playing my PS2 (it was the last game I played on it).

They arn't the same game and shouldn't be treated that way. This is the same argument as InFamous and Prototype, they were different games with the same premise.... you don't see people comparing every single shooter that comes out to another realeased at the same time; yet all shooters are pretty much the same.

All I'm saying is GET OVER IT, they're both going to be fantastic games and you're crazy if you don't think so.

tonyf55
You didn't play the DI demo did you?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
cant we just enjoy both games? i know im gettin both of them and dantes inferno and heavy rain, ohhh boy wat a month for me, ohh forgot to mention white knight chronicles, but anyways, dantes inferno has a good story, and feel to it. its a action adventure game, so there isnt really much difference in action adventure games u know, devil may cry, bayonetta, god of war they are all almost the same. so just cuz DI has similarities doesnt make it a bad game or a bad thing for having similiar things that god of war has, isnt that suppose to make u want the game more? u enjoyed it on GOW why not DI lol?
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

ninjaniinja
how can you even compare them both....gow3 much better in every aspect. played both demos and dantes inferno is just a low budget game trying to be the same as gow....
Peabody99224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 Peabody99224
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
I think both will be amazing games, and I have pre-orders on both of these titles but I honestly think that God of War III will outshine Dante's Inferno. It's had a longer production cycle, it's already apart of an established franchise with an immense amount of backing, and each God of War game (in my opinion) has progressively gotten better. But, who knows maybe Dante's Inferno will start off the bat as a AAA title, or if a franchise occurs maybe future titles will be blow the God of War series out of the water. Only time will tell.
jimbo_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jimbo_24
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

gow will be game of the year so no DI wont and isnt better