God of War 3 should not come out this year

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
There are waaaay too many great exclusive and mulltiplat games coming this fall so I reckon its best that Sony not release the game amongst sooo many other great games this fall. Not sure if it was confirmed 09 but everyone seems to be saying that GoW3 is coming this year.

GoW3 is no doubt a killer app as well as a system seller but Sony doesn't need GoW3 to be released this year since in the fall we are already getting Uncharted2, Ratchet: A Crack in time, Heavy Rain, Ninja Gaiden Sigma2 etc. Sony should release it in the Spring of 2010, with the extra time they can make polish the game to the sheen. What do you folks think?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
You may be right. I mean, there's Uncharted 2, R & C, Heavy Rain, Max Payne 3, Tekken 6, COD 6, MAG, maybe Team ICO's game and others coming in Q4. So I'd be fine with GOW 3 not coming until early 2010. They would be doing what they did with Killzone 2, starting the year off with a huge exclusive.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
You may be right. I mean, there's Uncharted 2, R & C, Heavy Rain, Max Payne 3, Tekken 6, COD 6, MAG, maybe Team ICO's game and others coming in Q4. So I'd be fine with GOW 3 not coming until early 2010. They would be doing what they did with Killzone 2, starting the year off with a huge exclusive. Floppy_Jim
Yeah, I think that's a good idea.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts
no, Sony needs a big holiday exclusive. GOW is a very familiar game to PS2 owners. It will lure a good amount of PS2 gamers onto PS3.
gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gedo
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts

There are waaaay too many great exclusive and mulltiplat games coming this fall so I reckon its best that Sony not release the game amongst sooo many other great games this fall. Not sure if it was confirmed 09 but everyone seems to be saying that GoW3 is coming this year.

GoW3 is no doubt a killer app as well as a system seller but Sony doesn't need GoW3 to be released this year since in the fall we are already getting Uncharted2, Ratchet: A Crack in time, Heavy Rain, Ninja Gaiden Sigma2 etc. Sony should release it in the Spring of 2010, with the extra time they can make polish the game to the sheen. What do you folks think?Swift_Boss_A

Kill that guy, burn this thread before anyone in Sony gets to read it

esuter54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 esuter54
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

What would really help Sony is a price drop. If they drop the price AND have GOW3, Uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, they will sell a ton of systems. And games.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
meh, as long as it doesn't get delayed till Q4 2010
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
There is no gurantee that Heavy Rain is coming out this year, also a strong approach to the holiday season for the PS3 and 360 is to release one killer App a month. For some reason with them sales of a hyped game are massive during the initail release and falls off dramatically from that point. So you release say Uncharted 2 in October, it flies off the shelves, by the time the end of October rolls around sales are dying down. Then you release say GOW3 in November, let that sell and then release Ratchet and Clank in December, isn't that a PSN game anyway? 3rd party games are released among 1st party titles but Sony and MS are obviously more interested in the sales of 1st and 2nd party titles. Take 2007 COD4 and Assassins Creed sold well among Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank.
Avatar image for super_ps2player
super_ps2player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 super_ps2player
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts

....GOW3 needs to come out in March of 2010.......must continue the tradition of releasing GOW games in march, and for those who can't wait, play MGS4 or something!

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
You have a point.But the best thing Sony could do now is drop the price.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

i want actual games. not the waiting game. to heck with the people without ps3's.

mikeyvp87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mikeyvp87
Member since 2009 • 408 Posts

I felt that way since hearing about it. I would like it 2mr but Sony would be way better off letting it stand alone away from their other games.

Eliminator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Eliminator666
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts
You have a point.But the best thing Sony could do now is drop the price.K1LLR3175
Especially the price of video games
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

if i were them, i would release1 great game per month, accumulation theory.

BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

I see your point but no thanks I want GOW3 NAO! :P

bpw8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bpw8
Member since 2002 • 558 Posts
whats Gof of war 3?
msharki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 msharki
Member since 2007 • 1011 Posts

Since when did they say it was coming out this year? I doubt it is, but if it does come out this year that's all the better. Now if it comes out the same day as Uncharted 2 i'll have a hell of a choice to make as to which to play first.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

....GOW3 needs to come out in March of 2010.......must continue the tradition of releasing GOW games in march, and for those who can't wait, play MGS4 or something!

super_ps2player
what is there to do in metal gear solid 4 OVER AND OVER again?
Hybridos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hybridos
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

They HAVE to price cut the console, and for God of War, take your time Sony, BUT make an AWSOME game as the previous GOW1 and 2.

If the game is perfect, then will sell, if is rushed, then people will know, read the reviews, and think: "Games are already expensive and this seems like another hyped game, lets get that other safe bet".

There are great games to play right now, remember GOW came untill the last years for PS2 and is still a great game.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bow-T_88

They HAVE to price cut the console, and for God of War, take your time Sony, BUT make an AWSOME game as the previous GOW1 and 2.

If the game is perfect, then will sell, if is rushed, then people will know, read the reviews, and think: "Games are already expensive and this seems like another hyped game, lets get that other safe bet".

There are great games to play right now, remember GOW came untill the last years for PS2 and is still a great game.

Hybridos
why yall act like game analyst for? do u people have shares with sony? IF THEY SAID THIS YEAR, LET IT BE THIS YEAR! who said i'd want to play NINJA GAIDEN 2 or HEAVY RAIN..heaven rain.. da hell man . And some will say PLAY MGS4.. what for?!!?!?! i beat it 2 times , thats enough! i hope developers dont listen to forum people
msharki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 msharki

[QUOTE="Hybridos"]

Bow-T_88

why yall act like game analyst for? do u people have shares with sony? IF THEY SAID THIS YEAR, LET IT BE THIS YEAR! who said i'd want to play NINJA GAIDEN 2 or HEAVY RAIN..heaven rain.. da hell man . And some will say PLAY MGS4.. what for?!!?!?! i beat it 2 times , thats enough! i hope developers dont listen to forum people

You are an english major, and you say yall instead of you all and da instead of the? What kind of english are you studying?

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bow-T_88

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"][QUOTE="Hybridos"]

msharki

You are an english major, and you say yall instead of you all and da instead of the? What kind of english are you studying?

CUZ...this is like socializing .. colloquial speech.. What u want me to do..OK..FINE..GET THE COFFEE... PUTTING IT INTO PERSPECTIVE, USING A BOW-T CRITIC FRAME WORK , WHAT THE F *** IS THERE TO DO IN METAL GEAR 4 AGAIN? .. idiot

Search belize under ROSS KEMP gangs ON youtube and see whats the status quo in BELIZE. why would I speak formally everywhere for and I have that mentality that I gotta relate to people from specific conventions.. n the one here is, SOCIALIZING, NETWORKING..i wont talk to my friends all technical..come on.

I have an associate in English/ Creative Writing Bachelors in English , and i'm doing my Masters in English and Fine arts..lemmi quote DX ... "SUCK IT! " lol

hater

BACK TO THE TOPIC NOW!

msharki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 msharki

[QUOTE="msharki"]

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"] why yall act like game analyst for? do u people have shares with sony? IF THEY SAID THIS YEAR, LET IT BE THIS YEAR! who said i'd want to play NINJA GAIDEN 2 or HEAVY RAIN..heaven rain.. da hell man . And some will say PLAY MGS4.. what for?!!?!?! i beat it 2 times , thats enough! i hope developers dont listen to forum peopleBow-T_88

CUZ...this is like socializing .. colloquial speech.. What u want me to do..OK..FINE..GET THE COFFEE... PUTTING IT INTO PERSPECTIVE, USING A BOW-T CRITIC FRAME WORK , WHAT THE F *** IS THERE TO DO IN METAL GEAR 4 AGAIN? .. idiot

Search belize under ROSS KEMP gangs ON youtube and see whats the status quo in BELIZE. why would I speak formally everywhere for and I have that mentality that I gotta relate to people from specific conventions.. n the one here is, SOCIALIZING, NETWORKING..i wont talk to my friends all technical..come on.

I have an associate in English/ Creative Writing Bachelors in English , and i'm doing my Masters in English and Fine arts..lemmi quote DX ... "SUCK IT! " lol

hater

BACK TO THE TOPIC NOW!

I see. you just choose not to promote proper english. Well, i'm sorry you feel that way. I feel there are too many people that participate in these blogs that have bad english skills to begin with, but for an educated person to purposely destroy the language, I just don't see the appeal in that. By typing to the best of your ability you could actually do some people a favor. Last yes I realized your card said Belize. Strange. I never met anyone from Belize that used the word yall.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

The TC's argument makes a lot of sense, as I had this discussion with fellow coworkers, however, I feel the best bet is to release GOW this year if possible. I agree with others about having the game out by the holidays, mainly because people have more of an incentive to purchase games/systems.

Plus, a variety of big hit games will appeal to a broader demographics of gamers - not everyone who wants Uncharted 2 wants Heavy Rain and GOW - so by offering multiple big hit titles, more consumers can be reached.

Avatar image for jamacian_zombie
jamacian_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jamacian_zombie
Member since 2008 • 310 Posts

I agree, it should come out in 2010 or 2011. GOW3 is too good to rush.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

well they do need to take advantage of holiday rush and i don't think god of war 3 will release b4 that period. pushing it back to feb would be ok....but they need system sellers but these sony execs are stubborn about the price cut

Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#27 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts

Check your facts, this very site we're using has God of War 3 coming out in April 2010...don't believe me then add it to your tracked games and look for yourself

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

The real SYSTEM SELLER this Winter is going to be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. People who don't have a 360 or a PS3 will probably buy one to play this game.

If you're a PS2 owner, odds are you've played and enjoyed the first 2 God of War games.

If you release God of War 3 this winter, then it gives PS2 fans a HUGE incentive to buy a PS3 with both games. God of War is a franchise that made its mark in the wildly successful PS2 era. I believe that the God of War franchise is Sony's crown jewel in their stable of exclusive games. In my opinion, Sony can't afford to lose another holiday season. They have a tremendous lineup for the year and they've got to put the exclamation point on it.

A Winter 2009 release calender that features:

God of War 3, Call of Duty: MF2, Uncharted 2, and Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time is overwhelming dominant and compelling to prospective buyers. This nonsense about PS3 not having games is a moot point. You simply cannot argue against a lineup like that. Especially when you don't have to spend another $50 per year to play Call of Duty online.

Add a price drop of 50-100 dollars (50 seems a lot more likely and reasonable), plus rumored Netflix streaming and Sony becomes the favorite this Christmas season. OH...and by that time, they need to start hyping Gran Turismo 5 for 2010 too. That's the biggest franchise of them all...

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
There is no gurantee that Heavy Rain is coming out this year, also a strong approach to the holiday season for the PS3 and 360 is to release one killer App a month. For some reason with them sales of a hyped game are massive during the initail release and falls off dramatically from that point. So you release say Uncharted 2 in October, it flies off the shelves, by the time the end of October rolls around sales are dying down. Then you release say GOW3 in November, let that sell and then release Ratchet and Clank in December, isn't that a PSN game anyway? 3rd party games are released among 1st party titles but Sony and MS are obviously more interested in the sales of 1st and 2nd party titles. Take 2007 COD4 and Assassins Creed sold well among Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank. Sepewrath
Are you telling me you have only heard of Quest for Booty in the Rathcet and Clank series? That is the only downloadable title in that series and there are about 6 games in the series...
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]You may be right. I mean, there's Uncharted 2, R & C, Heavy Rain, Max Payne 3, Tekken 6, COD 6, MAG, maybe Team ICO's game and others coming in Q4. So I'd be fine with GOW 3 not coming until early 2010. They would be doing what they did with Killzone 2, starting the year off with a huge exclusive. Flame_Blade88
Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

Here here, I think GOW would sale truck loads but other games would get lost in the shuffle of the holiday crush.
gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gedo
I have seen a gameplay video for god of war 3, it's on vgchartz.com you should all check it out. They seem to have some things going on. It's the first true gameplay video I have seen. It does however look a lot like GOW 2 to be honest ...
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

i agree but not fot that reason. i want the devs to have time to polish it up and make the best game possible

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

Yeh i agree, but i think GT5 will be bigger than God of War. GT5 is more of a system seller than God of War. By the way, im not saying GT is better than GoW, i mean, they're 2 totally different games, but still, look at the sales of previous GT games. It's definately gonna move consoles. Is GT5 due this year anyway?

Hmm, i just read my post, and i don't think it has anything to do with what this topic is about. Sorry guys.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#34 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I don't really care when it comes out, I just want gameplay to be as good as I & II and of course the graphics upgrade. I'd also like it to be a tad longer, like I, GOWII was a bit to short.
Southpole92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Southpole92
Member since 2005 • 323 Posts

God of War III March 2010

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Yeah Gof of war 3 shouldn't, But God of war 3 should!
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

You may be right. I mean, there's Uncharted 2, R & C, Heavy Rain, Max Payne 3, Tekken 6, COD 6, MAG, maybe Team ICO's game and others coming in Q4. So I'd be fine with GOW 3 not coming until early 2010. They would be doing what they did with Killzone 2, starting the year off with a huge exclusive. Floppy_Jim
:D ... I'm lovin' 2009

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

who cares let the game come out, its called saving your money

Afylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Afylan
Member since 2009 • 202 Posts

GoW3 is no doubt a killer app as well as a system seller but Sony doesn't need GoW3 to be released this year since in the fall we are already getting Uncharted2, Ratchet: A Crack in time, Heavy Rain, Ninja Gaiden Sigma2 etc. Sony should release it in the Spring of 2010, with the extra time they can make polish the game to the sheen. What do you folks think?Swift_Boss_A

should go in your blog

gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gedo
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3291 Guys not trying to hack the thread or anything but check this out before they remove it. It's the gameplay video for Uncharted 2.
gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gedo

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3291 Guys not trying to hack the thread or anything but check this out before they remove it. It's the gameplay video for Uncharted 2.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3274

This one is for GOW 3

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
whats Gof of war 3?bpw8

lol alright smart guy I changed it, happy now :P

I can understand why most of you guys want the game to be released this fall, after all I too am a GoW fan and am anticipating release of GoW3 much more then I did for *gasp* the awesome MGS4. I just feel that GoW3 may get overshadowed withe amount of great exclusives and multiplat games coming. With alot of great games GoW3 might not get the sales it deserves, plus with the extra time the game will benefit much more.
gedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gedo
I believe that God of war 3 will overshadow all the other games. Other games that will be released during that time will be eaten alive by that behemoth. DO NOT underestimate Kratos.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#44 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I think God Of War III would make a nice CHRISTMAS gift!:)

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I would love to see God of War III this year however it they decide to push it until 2010 - I have no problem with that. It's a game worth waiting for. :)

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#47 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

i kind of hope some of them flop so i dont have to be forced to go out and buy them all. but in another way, yay games, who needs food and clothes!

bpw8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bpw8
Member since 2002 • 558 Posts

[QUOTE="bpw8"]whats Gof of war 3?Swift_Boss_A

lol alright smart guy I changed it, happy now :P

I can understand why most of you guys want the game to be released this fall, after all I too am a GoW fan and am anticipating release of GoW3 much more then I did for *gasp* the awesome MGS4. I just feel that GoW3 may get overshadowed withe amount of great exclusives and multiplat games coming. With alot of great games GoW3 might not get the sales it deserves, plus with the extra time the game will benefit much more.

Thank you, for fixing it. :)

Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Hanabie
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

i hope gow3 come out before ffxiii, that way SE could shut their mouth up and stop claiming that ffxiii would use 100% of ps3

fadimina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 fadimina
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

You sure do have a point but... i can't stop myself but thinking about GOW 3!! the only downside if it's released this year is that it would overshadow the other games that are already announced : Uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2...

GOW 3 is a killer.. and most ppl will go for it and drop anything else (that's what i'd do)... so i dunno, as much as i love to see Sony profiting, i also can't wait for God of War 3...