This topic is locked from further discussion.

jbufv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jbufv
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts

so i've decided that i'm going to buy a psp. i thought about going with the psp go, but than read some reviews that said i'm better off with the 3000. now, saving money would be nice, but it isn't a major issue. i just want to know what would be the best portable gaming experience. what do you think i should go with?

P.S.: by 3000 i mean the slim & lite version of the 3000

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

get the 3000 cuz u can still play umds and u can download the same games as the go frm the psn

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

There's a sticky for this at the top of the forum, and no offense, but the topic has been posted to death and you can find people listing the pros and cons of each unit pretty easily -Please do a search before posting a new topic thread in the future.

Thank you!

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

You know we get this question on average once or twice a day. Im going to break it down like this:

If you are new to the psp scene then I would recommend the 3000. It enables you to play all the games and not limit yourself to the psn network with its limited selection. That way you can go back and play games on umd and still be able to download games that you want to a large memory stick. If you have had a psp for a while then i would recommend the GO. That way you can take advantage of the portablility to take all your games with you but still be able to play umd on your other psp console.

Its comes down to preference. I have had a 2 psp 1000 and a psp 3000 and i can attest that the GO is my favorite of the bunch in terms of portablitiy. But the psp is for games and if you want to have the availablitiy to play all the games in the psp library then I would go for the psp 3000.

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

The PSP Go is anabsolutely brilliant machine and if you can afford it, do so. No matter what you do, buying a PSP is win.

cookie_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 cookie_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 15872 Posts
I find that if you travel around a lot then Go is a better choice because taking your games around with you can be a hassle. Otherwise, I say go with 3000.
chelseaman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 chelseaman99
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts

3000 all the way ... it's cheaper, and the games are cheaper, plus I prefer the layout of the buttons and knob. (That sounded kinda wrong but ...)

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
3000 crushes the GO. Period.
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

i see this topic beaten to death in this forums. i have not really participated a lot in these discussions. It's been a while since the GO came out, and I can honestly say, I hate the whole idea behind it. SONY did not release all the games that came out originally for the UMD on their PSN like they promised; which basically means the customers are limited to picking a game based on sony's discretion on what they put up on PSN. I dont care if SONY has licensing issues with other 3rd party developers. They should have told the customer this before saying every single umd will be available to download on psn.

Stick to the 3000 series. You get to download games from PSN if you want to or can go to the store and buy a used copy or can even find games that are not even offered on PSN. PSP Go must GO.

red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts
3000 is a better choice, cause for me battery life is the most important feature. I don't know why but I hate GO. I've tested it but nothing changed.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Well IMO get a Go if......

1. You want to spend more money on the initial outlay

2. You can live with not having access to the full back catalogue of games

3. You can live with paying PSN prices (which are almost always higher than the best internet prices )

4. You can wait an average of 2 to 3 weeks after release date for games to appear on PSN

5. You want smaller "more pocket sized" console

6. You want the convienience of not carrying UMD's about

miless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 miless
Member since 2005 • 715 Posts

Well I aint got so many UMDs (guess you too) so I would Go with the Go - its alot smaller lighter and well its better in any single way except for the UMD (gogitec are making a UMD addon for the Go BTW)

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

Go for the PSP GO. Sure, it costs more but it's well worth the price and offers the best package out of any PSP model.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
if you are willing to wait for games to come out on the psn that others can get in stores any time they want go for the go. if you are ok with paying the premium price instead of paying a discounted price even if the game offered is crap, then Go for the GO. if you are ok with not having a physical umd copy and not being able to trade in stores to get a credit, or just have it as a display in your own library, then definitely go for the go. if you are ok with not having a spare battery to take with you on a long trip that you can put in once your original battery runs out of power and no charger around, then definitely go for the go. if you are ok with paying much more than regular psp's and still having to wait on psn for lot of top games to be added on psn before you can download it at a higher price and play, definitely PSP GO is the better choice. so many good reasons to buy the PSP GO. it clearly is better in "any single way" and is "well worth the price and offers the best package out of any PSP model."
poetsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 poetsoul
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
Rather than join in the beatdown... I just bought a PSPGo. I've found myself at once fairly pleased with it and a little frustrated. I realize now that the Go's primary advantage is its portability - the fun applications that you can get on other versions of the console are simply not compatible. I'm the sort of guy who enjoys customizing his system to the nth degree, so this is aggravating to me. If you are as well, I'd recommend going for the cheaper, more versatile PSP 3000.