• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DAGAMEKILLER360
DAGAMEKILLER360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 DAGAMEKILLER360
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts
Is there gonna be a gears of war for the ps3???????
gameguru25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gameguru25
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
i think gears of war is owned by microsoft, so theres no way playstation is going to get it
jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jmper4
Member since 2004 • 957 Posts

Is there gonna be a gears of war for the ps3???????DAGAMEKILLER360

Gears of War

By: Microsoft Game Studios, Epic Games

Probably not.

setyono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 setyono
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

no 

Avatar image for DAGAMEKILLER360
DAGAMEKILLER360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DAGAMEKILLER360
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

i think ur wrong

jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jmper4
Member since 2004 • 957 Posts

i think ur wrong

DAGAMEKILLER360

Then why did you ask...you already had your mind made up.

brainscientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brainscientist
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

04-15-2007

I hope not.

xboxdudeman800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 xboxdudeman800
Member since 2005 • 3880 Posts
Is the TC trying to be an idiot?  Don't worry about gears.
wildsnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wildsnipe
Member since 2006 • 227 Posts

Highly unlikely. Games like GeOW are the only reasons for me to play a 360. MS isn't stupid enough to sell their trump card out to Sony, even if its over rated. Just get it on PC, you'll get bored with it in about 8 hours, took that long for me to beat it on hardcore. Online is lacking in variation even with annex which is just like King of the Hill with a fancy name too. My PS3 can do without steroid induced cavemen.

platnum17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 platnum17
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
no gears isnt gonna be on ps3 lol. thats a way overated game anyway..........it gets old fast.
Warkunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Warkunt
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts
Gears of War is nothing but killswitch with better graphics. and no, it will never be a PS3 game. it's Microsoft property.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
In my Dreams Gears would be on the Ps3 but this is reality. But I still have plenty of game IP's to munch on besides gears.
MetalHead_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MetalHead_PS3
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
Yes it is. And Final Fantasy and MGS4, and God of War are coming to 360. Not to mention Halo 3 is coming to PS3 too!!!
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

no gears isnt gonna be on ps3 lol. thats a way overated game anyway..........it gets old fast.platnum17

You know you never played it. It's one of the best 3rd person shooters I have ever played and the online multiplayer is so addictive. Now I am going back to play so more Annex.

Anyone who says gears is not good are just fanboys that never played the game.

mrxb0x360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrxb0x360
Member since 2005 • 5253 Posts

That like saying, " Is Killzone 2 going to be on the XBOX360?".

Lazygamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lazygamer01
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts
wildsnipe way to sound like a flamming retard Gears isnt even on the pc so that just proves that you are major fanboy who needs to shut the hell up. Gears is a good game. just get over it and stfu
Jeeceofx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jeeceofx
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
Epic owns the IP and microsoft has exclusive rights to publish the first 2. So technically, Sony could publish the third one, even though i suspect it will either be multiplat or MS will get the rights again. I didn't like it that much anyway though.
drsports1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 drsports1980
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts
Doesn't epic have 2 unannounced games? One for ps3 and another one for xbox 360. I'm pretty sure both will be published by both companies seeing how important they are. I'm pretty sure xbox 360 is gears of war 2, and ps3 is a new ip. I don't know yet. But anyways, they will both be announced at e3, and were announced that they were in the making at gdc.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Didnt liked the game, the characters were too steroid based, the lack of story is also a bummer and I could care less for online, in which 80% of the users take advantages of the glitches, and the other 20 % are cheap bastards
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts

Didnt liked the game, the characters were too steroid based, the lack of story is also a bummer and I could care less for online, in which 80% of the users take advantages of the glitches, and the other 20 % are cheap bastardskenshinhimura16

You know you never played the game so STFU. This reminds me of Oblivion. It was a horrible game until it appeared on PS3 now it's the best game ever. Fanboys.....

In reply to the OP...GOW will not be on the PS3.

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
Its a great game I love it, but I am actually more looking forward to Unreal 3
fireboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fireboy666
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts

[QUOTE="platnum17"]no gears isnt gonna be on ps3 lol. thats a way overated game anyway..........it gets old fast.Deihmos

You know you never played it. It's one of the best 3rd person shooters I have ever played and the online multiplayer is so addictive. Now I am going back to play so more Annex.

Anyone who says gears is not good are just fanboys that never played the game.

I agree. I'm a bit of a microsoft hater, but I still think gears is badass.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
you would have better luck getting Halo on the PS3
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
I liked Gears and I think it's a good game, but it's not game of the year at all. It's good, just not exceptional. Oh and that the plot was weak, but the characters were great. They're hilarious.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 black_awpN1

I liked Gears and I think it's a good game, but it's not game of the year at all. It's good, just not exceptional.shady_825

its actually a very good canidite for Game of the Year. although I think Zelda won that award.  

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
that game was boring as hell. i hope ps3 doesnt get it, and i know they wont. only microsoft makes a game look that good, and then make almost all of the gameplay nothing but hiding behind a wall. then when your not hiding like a little girl you try to shoot, but with no crosshair to aim. its not at all a good 3rd person shooter, i never played it online but with all the glitching i hear about i dont think i want to. ill stick with socom 2&3, not as good looking but way better game play
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

I doubt GoW will go to the PS3.  Game exclusivity mostly disappears when the consoles can't afford to keep the exclusive rights, as with GTAIV, but MS has bucket loads of cash to keep it up.

PS I read the first page of this thread and people expressed opinions that GoW was overated and was like "oh noes! don't express your honest opinions on GoW! now some kiddie fan boys are going to fill this thread with attempts at flaming!" but I read the second page and knew it was too late :( 

jobano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jobano
Member since 2003 • 5476 Posts
You both sound like kids that'll be enough.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 black_awpN1

I doubt GoW will go to the PS3. Game exclusivity mostly disappears when the consoles can't afford to keep the exclusive rights, as with GTAIV, but MS has bucket loads of cash to keep it up.

PS I read the first page of this thread and people expressed opinions that GoW was overated and was like "oh noes! don't express your honest opinions on GoW! now some kiddie fan boys are going to fill this thread with attempts at flaming!" but I read the second page and knew it was too late :(

donwoogie

Its actually not that overrated. its pretty fun.  

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="rasstarman"][QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="rasstarman"]

[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]Didnt liked the game, the characters were too steroid based, the lack of story is also a bummer and I could care less for online, in which 80% of the users take advantages of the glitches, and the other 20 % are cheap bastardskenshinhimura16

You know you never played the game so STFU. This reminds me of Oblivion. It was a horrible game until it appeared on PS3 now it's the best game ever. Fanboys.....

Wow you like to assume that every one who doesnt like a game is a fanboy. Kids like you make me laugh. So what somebody didnt like your stupid game, dont you wanna go cry and tell mommy and daddy about it too? And Oblivion still sucks as most WRPGs (except Fable and KOTOR). So kid drink a glass of milk and go to bed is too late for you to be awake.

tata

You are the one that sounds like a kid to me.

Really?? As if I would care what a kid thinks. You know how can I tell you are a kid, you cant differenciate an opinion from a fact. Its easy as that. Well or you are a kid or you have below standard in reading comprehension.

Relax dude. I don't see what you are getting worked up about. SO what if you hate the game but he likes it. There is no reason for you to be callign anyone a child over something so trivial. It makes you look really immature since you could have simply moved on.

SeanDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 SeanDiff
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
 only own the rights to one and two so maybe the third onet
zeldredz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 zeldredz
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

[QUOTE="shady_825"]I liked Gears and I think it's a good game, but it's not game of the year at all. It's good, just not exceptional.black_awpN1

its actually a very good canidite for Game of the Year. although I think Zelda won that award.  

Link?
Warkunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Warkunt
to the people that think GOW3 won't be a PS3 exclusive, grow a brain a realize that it's a SONY MADE game. thanks.
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

to the people that think GOW3 won't be a PS3 exclusive, grow a brain a realize that it's a SONY MADE game. thanks.Warkunt

erm... what?

GoW is made by Microsoft Game Studios.............. 

Drumachine7713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Drumachine7713
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts

[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"]Didnt liked the game, the characters were too steroid based, the lack of story is also a bummer and I could care less for online, in which 80% of the users take advantages of the glitches, and the other 20 % are cheap bastardsrasstarman

How do you know he didn't play it? Youtube some glitch videos if you don't believe him. I agree that I didn't like the game but I'm not into shooters. Story is also a very important aspect of gaming for me and from what I've read it's bland. Haven't you guys shot enough aliens? Wouldn't you like to have a game make you truly feel emotion? Probably not but I know I'm ready for something new. Oh and GOW is God of War. It came first so show some respect.
4_Horsemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 4_Horsemen
Member since 2006 • 1401 Posts
Gears of War is one hell of a game. I actually bought a subscription to Xbox Live to play in online. As far as it coming to PS3, I highly doubt it. The game does not belong to Microsoft and Epic could publish it for PS3. But I have a feeling that M$ has bought exclusive rights to publish the game. I remember reading in an article that Sony does not pay for exclusives EVER. I was shocked to hear that and unless a developer says other wise. They are telling the truth.
Warkunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Warkunt

[QUOTE="Warkunt"]to the people that think GOW3 won't be a PS3 exclusive, grow a brain a realize that it's a SONY MADE game. thanks.donwoogie

erm... what?

GOW3 = GOD of War 3. and a God is of higher authority than Gears. thank you very much.

Microsoft is so un-original actually, that they even went as far as to steal the "GOW" initials from Sony. LOL. ok that was a joke, but maybe not. (GOW was released WAYYY before Gears, the killswitch clone). Bungie even ripped off the Power Rangers for Halo and added steroids. GO GO POWER RANGERS!111!!

is this really what gamespot favors over the PS3? the un-originality that Microsoft delivers?

the character design in Too Human looks no different from Halo and Gears. buncha steroid pumped fudge packers.

Bloodcore77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 Bloodcore77
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts
Yeah, you really should look at the makers of a game before asking if it'll be multiplayer.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Gears of war was alright, multiplayer was quite lacking though, i mean i could see how some people love it, but it just seemed really weak to me, i also really didn't like how weak all the weapons felt, its like trying to kill someone by shooting straw at them.  ( i've played with like 8 different people on co-op, and none of them can ever make it through that one part with the minecarts in one try, does anybody elses friends suck at that part?)

I sincerly doubt the GeOW 3 will come to PS3 but hey thats what they said about DMC4 and the 360, so you never know what could happen, by then the 360 could very well be winding down by then.  So its not beyond immpossible.

4_Horsemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 4_Horsemen
Member since 2006 • 1401 Posts

Gears of war was alright, multiplayer was quite lacking though, i mean i could see how some people love it, but it just seemed really weak to me, i also really didn't like how weak all the weapons felt, its like trying to kill someone by shooting straw at them.  ( i've played with like 8 different people on co-op, and none of them can ever make it through that one part with the minecarts in one try, does anybody elses friends suck at that part?)

I sincerly doubt the GeOW 3 will come to PS3 but hey thats what they said about DMC4 and the 360, so you never know what could happen, by then the 360 could very well be winding down by then.  So its not beyond immpossible.

americahellyeah
Weak? I like Sony and Playstation too bud. But to call a Brutal game like Gears weak is just playing spiteful. Try playing multiplayer against other people instead of the campaign. I gave it a shot with a 48 hour trial to Xbox live and was immediatly hooked. So much that I bought a Live subscription just for that specific game. I know that you're a regular author on this forum, Americahellyeah. Because I too was a few months ago. You know what I discovered in the time that I didn't post here? That it's ok to like any game but hate the corporations that publish them.
budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#44 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
Yea, dont count on Gears coming to PS3. I mean, this is microsoft we are talking about. They wont allow anything that may benefit the competition in the slightest.. Int eh past they have gone out of there way to make sure that doesnt happen.
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

you would have better luck getting Halo on the PS3
black_awpN1

How so? Halo is owned by MS, GeOW was developed Epic w/ MS  being the publisher.  Idoubt sony will see GeOW since MS will just pay for the rights to publish it.

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

[QUOTE="Warkunt"]to the people that think GOW3 won't be a PS3 exclusive, grow a brain a realize that it's a SONY MADE game. thanks.donwoogie

erm... what?

gears of war is owned by Epic. 

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

off course there is .. the release date is already set its on the same date that the new mario , zelda and halo game are being released on the ps3.

...dumbass 

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 neo786
Member since 2005 • 2855 Posts
calm down people all he did was ask a question lol but no gears for PS3 but its still fair to say they got gares we got killzone and mgs
trmather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trmather
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

Anyone who says gears is not good are just fanboys that never played the game.Deihmos

I owned it, and after a while, the cover system got tedious, always having to press a button to hide, the online is awful nowadays because you've got too many people whining about chainsaws or tags, then you've got those who think they're really good at the game, and then you headshot them with a sniper, so they kick you from the game, and then....just when you think you've found a good game, it either goes horribly laggy, or it disconnects you.

and from what I've heard of Annex, noone actually plays it properly, then just run around killing each other, which need I remind people doesn't count towards the larger kill amount achievements

pog_ma_thoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pog_ma_thoin
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

Epic are not owned by M$, but M$ do own the rights to Gears of War, which is why it'll never be out on a platform other than the 360/PC.

Its like Rare. They are owned by M$ but they cant make games like Goldeneye or Donkey Kong on the 360 because Activision and Nintendo own the rights to those games and characters.

Anyway, people who are saying gears sucks should really give it a good go. Its the best third person shooter ive played, and while it is slightly overated (im thinking it should be around the 9.0 mark) its still an excellent game.Â