GameStop PS3 trade in value?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zanthiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Zanthiago
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

So I'm thinking about upgrading my PS3 to a 250GB one, so I was wondering if any of you knows how much Gamestop will give me as trade in credit for a 80GB PS3. It's the one that came in the MSG4 bundle, so it plays PS2 games.

SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

Call gamestop or see how much amazon would offer (they usually offer close to the same amount). If I had to guess I'd say $120 or less.

VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

$90-$120 + $30 HW trade in promo.

Zanthiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zanthiago

Thanks, I checked in amazon, about $105.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Zanthiago
105 bucks and you can buy a 500gb HDD and still have enough for lunch.
hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

[QUOTE="Zanthiago"]

Fightingfan

omg...this all day dude. So easy to upgrade and keep that gorgeous console. The slim is quite unattractive IMO.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Unless it seems like the console is dying or you are really paranoid about it dyeing it will be cheaper for you to buy a larger HDD and then use the 80GB one as an external drive to back up your system on (need to get an enclosure for it). Newegg.com is a great place to look.
johnpav88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 johnpav88
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts

dude dont trade it in. just upgrade your hdd. if not ill buy it from you. my original was the 40gb so i cant play some of my wonderful ps2 games. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

gamestop told me last time i asked them that they will give you $150 for trading in your PS3

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Long story short, don't expect much of anything for trade-in value. Those smacktards will find any and every way to rip you off. About the only time I trade in anything anymore, is if I got it for free to begin with.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

So I'm thinking about upgrading my PS3 to a 250GB one, so I was wondering if any of you knows how much Gamestop will give me as trade in credit for a 80GB PS3. It's the one that came in the MSG4 bundle, so it plays PS2 games.

Zanthiago
Try to use Ebay, it's a very easy site to use. You'd get far more money for it, closer to street value but maybe a few dollars less. GameStop they'll rip you off so bad, you'll ask yourself why exactly am I hear!
legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 legionofdugi
Member since 2004 • 555 Posts
[QUOTE="codezer0"]Long story short, don't expect much of anything for trade-in value. Those smacktards will find any and every way to rip you off. About the only time I trade in anything anymore, is if I got it for free to begin with.

the 80 GB BKWDS COMP goes in for $150+ 30$ trade in promotion. That really isn't a rip off considering its a a business HAS to profit or else it isnt a business.. And i "the SMACKTARD" would recommend an HDD upgrade, Cheaper and you can keep the BCOMP!! :)
legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 legionofdugi
[QUOTE="legionofdugi"][QUOTE="codezer0"]Long story short, don't expect much of anything for trade-in value. Those smacktards will find any and every way to rip you off. About the only time I trade in anything anymore, is if I got it for free to begin with.

the 80 GB BKWDS COMP goes in for $150+ 30$ trade in promotion. That really isn't a rip off considering its a a business HAS to profit or else it isnt a business.. And i "the SMACKTARD" would recommend an HDD upgrade, Cheaper and you can keep the BCOMP!! :)

**i would consider it a rip off if you were forced to trade things in lol, but is it really a rip off when you have a choice in the matter..lol just saying guys
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 codezer0
[QUOTE="legionofdugi"][QUOTE="legionofdugi"][QUOTE="codezer0"]Long story short, don't expect much of anything for trade-in value. Those smacktards will find any and every way to rip you off. About the only time I trade in anything anymore, is if I got it for free to begin with.

**i would consider it a rip off if you were forced to trade things in lol, but is it really a rip off when you have a choice in the matter..lol just saying guys

It is when they've made themselves the only game in town. No other store around here will even deal in used stuff, and you're basically at their mercy to whether they'll accept trade-ins on stuff. They have a monopoly here. :( They didn't even give the dreamcast 24 HOURS from Sega's announcement to bow out of the hardware market before the stuff was no longer accepted, sold, or available in their outlets. Yet gave the Xbox 1 the better part of three years.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
You'll do way better selling it used directly on Amazon or eBay. Trading in is rape, especially on Amazon where you're one click away from selling it for significantly more on the same site.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
I would just replace the HDD with something like a 500 gig or more if possible instead of tradeing it in for a lot less of a system. I was in a local Play N Trade that does seem to much better to deal with. The sales rep was saying they had a used 60 gig in a few weeks ago the sold for $400.00 without a problem. And seeing you have one of the more sought after systems it could bring a lot more from somewhere like Ebay. I like Play N Trade because you can even find some of the old sega systems and games along with any other system. I found a copy of the first Medal of Honor that was released on the Playstation there when I was looking around.
legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 legionofdugi
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="legionofdugi"][QUOTE="legionofdugi"] the 80 GB BKWDS COMP goes in for $150+ 30$ trade in promotion. That really isn't a rip off considering its a a business HAS to profit or else it isnt a business.. And i "the SMACKTARD" would recommend an HDD upgrade, Cheaper and you can keep the BCOMP!! :)

It is when they've made themselves the only game in town. No other store around here will even deal in used stuff, and you're basically at their mercy to whether they'll accept trade-ins on stuff. They have a monopoly here. :( They didn't even give the dreamcast 24 HOURS from Sega's announcement to bow out of the hardware market before the stuff was no longer accepted, sold, or available in their outlets. Yet gave the Xbox 1 the better part of three years.

I see where you are coming from, and i guess i can agree with that, but at the same time i understand that a company has to profit, and recently i have seen a small jump up in trade in value, for example Mass effect 2 trades in for $35 + the 50% trade promo gets you 52.50 and if you have the edge card $56 now tell me thats a bad trade in lol $4 + tax to play the game and trade it in. Thats better than most rental places! :)
m0tl3ysl4y3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 m0tl3ysl4y3r
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts

dude dont trade it in. just upgrade your hdd. if not ill buy it from you. my original was the 40gb so i cant play some of my wonderful ps2 games. :(

johnpav88

thats what i was thinking

legionofdugi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 legionofdugi

WHY WOULD ANYONE SELL ANYTHING TO GAMESTOP?!?!

DEAR GOD USE CRAIGSLIST OR SOMETHING

k3ck
better value on ebay or craigslist but some ppl are impatient lol
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 codezer0

WHY WOULD ANYONE SELL ANYTHING TO GAMESTOP?!?!

DEAR GOD USE CRAIGSLIST OR SOMETHING

k3ck
99% of the people are cheap, and won't offer you a reasonable price.
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
just buy a new HD unless you just want the slim specifically then yeah go ahead.....but if you have a BC PS3 im telling youdont waste your money by getting a slim and just get a new hard drive
Zanthiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zanthiago

Yeah, changed my mind. I'm going to keep it and just upgrade it's HD. I was checking in amazon and ebay and the kind of PS3 I got is selling for a lot of money, so it's not worth giving it to GameStop, lol.

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

Yeah, changed my mind. I'm going to keep it and just upgrade it's HD. I was checking in amazon and ebay and the kind of PS3 I got is selling for a lot of money, so it's not worth giving it to GameStop, lol.

Zanthiago

atta by, now were using the old noodle. my 80gig b/c launch ps3 with the multi-card reader got stolen. look up how much that one sells for these days...heartbreaking.

jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

what kind of comp do you have? there are programs you can download for free that allow you to stream all your media from your comp to your ps3 without transferring anything... i use my roommate's 40 gb ps3 to watch like 150 gigs of movies. just saying... its much cheaper alternative. or buy an external harddrive that is linked to your comp and your ps3 at the same time. both of those methods are cheaper than buying an internal.

Zanthiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zanthiago

what kind of comp do you have? there are programs you can download for free that allow you to stream all your media from your comp to your ps3 without transferring anything... i use my roommate's 40 gb ps3 to watch like 150 gigs of movies. just saying... its much cheaper alternative. or buy an external harddrive that is linked to your comp and your ps3 at the same time. both of those methods are cheaper than buying an internal.

jlevin860

Hey, I got a Vaio and my PS3 detects it because under the video menu it shows my PC but I don't know how to connect them together. When I try this messages comes up "Access to the media server is not allowed. It is possible that the system name for this PS3 system has not been registered. Check setting for the media server."

So do you know how to connect them?

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
[QUOTE="hawk549"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Zanthiago"]

omg...this all day dude. So easy to upgrade and keep that gorgeous console. The slim is quite unattractive IMO.

I'm not a fan of the slim's design. I love my 80Gb model. Hit up Amazon, and grab that 500Gb for $100 and you'll be good.