Gamespot Reviews.... Seriously?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 theROOTS420
Member since 2008 • 408 Posts

Street Fighter gets a 9.0, but CODWAW, gets a 8.5? COD:WAW is one the best looking games, and has the most replay value of any game on the PS3. I mean its got Nazi zombies :). So how is a fighting game that has OK graphics get better reviews on here than Call of duty, Fallout 3, Resistance FOM, Rock Band 2 and many more. Im not saying Street fighter doesnt deserve a 9. But if you give SF a 9, cod deserves a 9.5 or above.

This is What gamespot said was bad about Call of Duty World at war:

Familiar Setting, Familiar game mechanics, Familiar Guns.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? Isnt that what street fighter is? Street fighter is a good game, but its like the old ones just with better graphics and some other new stuff.

How is it possible to make a WW2 game without familiar settings and Guns? And the game mechanics are similar because they work, and they are the best possible for a FPS to date.

Pretty much i am complaining that cod:waw didnt get a better review, and no, i wont blog about it

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts
Opinions?
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
as someone who doesn't play cod, i'll say that world at war looked exactly the same as cod4. i'm sure that caused a lower score
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

Have you played SF4, or played it more than 10 hours. iF YOU HAVENT DONE EITHER OF THOSE YOU CANT Really SAY WHICH ONE IS BETTER. Sorry bout caps, not trying to scream.

Maybe SF4 is better. AAnd the graphics.. well most people would probably say that SF4 is better

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Pretty much i am complaining that cod:waw didnt get a better review, and no, i wont blog about it

theROOTS420

lol, But why are you complaining?

If it's so bad then write your own review.

Problem solved.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

I guess they review the games based on how they improved over their predecessor. Its not like ALL the games were out at the same time and they gave it a lower rating than the other. Crying over irrelevant stuff..for real man, whats ur point? FINE i'll picket game spot infront of school for you. Some people always feel there is some sorta conspiracy going on, like this and that one is bias cuz the other paid them off to review a game higher. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"your weirdness.. seriously? "

Fabolous206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fabolous206
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts
cod wow was a quick money grab.......SF4 is way better and has alot more replay value. It should of got a 9.6 .
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
:lol: COD W@W is basically a COD4 MOD!!!! they took the COD4 engine, slapped on a new coat of paint and sold it for 60 bucks! its should have gotten a much lower score!
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

ya...but SF has already established itself as a legendary-like series.

CoD? not so much. obviously SF is gonna get more love.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CanadianCR

cod wow was a quick money grab.......SF4 is way better and has alot more replay value. It should of got a 9.6 . Fabolous206

Why don't be just throw numbers out of our asses .. point six? Seriously ..

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bow-T_88
:lol: COD W@W is basically a COD4 MOD!!!! they took the COD4 engine, slapped on a new coat of paint and sold it for 60 bucks! its should have gotten a much lower score!americahellyeah
ur a real game head too. Using game head terms . Like u can make a better game. Stop hating on cod 5 lol. this thread got lame from me and Scianix-Black posted our replyon it, u kno why? cuz..its like that
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]:lol: COD W@W is basically a COD4 MOD!!!! they took the COD4 engine, slapped on a new coat of paint and sold it for 60 bucks! its should have gotten a much lower score!Bow-T_88
ur a real game head too. Using game head terms . Like u can make a better game. Stop hating on cod 5 lol. this thread got lame from me and Scianix-Black posted our replyon it, u kno why? cuz..its like that

Try that again.. only this time.. make sense...
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Scianix-Black

cod wow was a quick money grab.......SF4 is way better and has alot more replay value. It should of got a 9.6 . Fabolous206

lol, Holy hell, it's like rocket science for some people.

If it should have gotten a 9.6 then write your own review and give it one.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bow-T_88

[QUOTE="Fabolous206"]cod wow was a quick money grab.......SF4 is way better and has alot more replay value. It should of got a 9.6 . Scianix-Black

I DONT KNO WHAT THEY WANT TO HAPPEN! lol. FINEEEE, lets start a riot!!! ima break the tony hawks 3 review page!
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Fabolous206"]cod wow was a quick money grab.......SF4 is way better and has alot more replay value. It should of got a 9.6 . Bow-T_88

I DONT KNO WHAT THEY WANT TO HAPPEN! lol. FINEEEE, lets start a riot!!! ima break the tony hawks 3 review page!

what are you 5 years old or something?
theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 theROOTS420
Idk i just dont get it. Like how some simple games like LBP and street fighter get awesome reviews. COD4 was made by infinity ward, and COD5 was by another company, and its modern warfare vs WW2, so dont say they are the same game. Theres so much detail in the game and idk i just think it deserved more than a measly 8.5. And if they wanna mod me for saying ****ing, then so be it. Thats total BS. Why are these forums so damn censored? I posted a pic of a girl in a bikini and got banned for 3 days. Like wtf is wrong with this place? Watever im done. Thanks for reading my rant
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Scianix-Black

Theres so much detail in the game and idk i just think it deserved more than a measly 8.5. theROOTS420

You see that's the great thing about America, and even most of the world & internet in general. You have freedom of speech.

If you don't like something, instead of complaining about it, fix it.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CanadianCR

Idk i just dont get it. Like how some simple games like LBP and street fighter get awesome reviews. COD4 was made by infinity ward, and COD5 was by another company, and its modern warfare vs WW2, so dont say they are the same game. Theres so much detail in the game and idk i just think it deserved more than a measly 8.5. And if they wanna mod me for saying ****ing, then so be it. Thats total BS. Why are these forums so damn censored? I posted a pic of a girl in a bikini and got banned for 3 days. Like wtf is wrong with this place? Watever im done. Thanks for reading my ranttheROOTS420

Man .. it's a number .. it has ZERO relevance .. if you like it then like it .. don't worry about what 'Score' some website gave it ..

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Call of Duty World at War getting 8.5 is nothing to compared to the Uncharted and R@C FToD reviews. If you were here then, you will know what I am talking about.
G-Singh_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 G-Singh_19
Member since 2009 • 87 Posts

COD WAW is lke COD4....nd thats why i think it got wat it did.it was not better than COD4 so i think thats a pretty good score and review.but then again its just an opinion.!!!???

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
[QUOTE="theROOTS420"]

Street Fighter gets a 9.0, but CODWAW, gets a 8.5? COD:WAW is one the best looking games, and has the most replay value of any game on the PS3. I mean its got Nazi zombies :). So how is a fighting game that has OK graphics get better reviews on here than Call of duty, Fallout 3, Resistance FOM, Rock Band 2 and many more. Im not saying Street fighter doesnt deserve a 9. But if you give SF a 9, cod deserves a 9.5 or above.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? Isnt that what street fighter is? Street fighter is a good game, but its like the old ones just with better graphics and some other new stuff.

How is it possible to make a WW2 game without familiar settings and Guns? And the game mechanics are similar because they work, and they are the best possible for a FPS to date.

samuraiguns

Kid, You're gonna get modded for "Censor Bypassing". *Colonel Mustang Voice*

I got modded for that.^_^

Anyways cod W@w wasn't as great as people like to make it. It was an ok shooter that ripped the engine off another game. The online wasn't nearly as fun as modern warfare. Everyone was using the mp40 and ppsh to spray instead of trying to get good shots. And the horrible horrible lag killed the online. People seem to love it more just cause of nazi zombies (which gets boring after a while) and co-op.

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theROOTS420

Call of Duty World at War getting 8.5 is nothing to compared to the Uncharted and R@C FToD reviews. If you were here then, you will know what I am talking about.thelastguy

Yeah thats another one i forgot. Uncharted was one of the best PS3 games and it got an 8

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

[QUOTE="thelastguy"]Call of Duty World at War getting 8.5 is nothing to compared to the Uncharted and R@C FToD reviews. If you were here then, you will know what I am talking about.theROOTS420

Yeah thats another one i forgot. Uncharted was one of the best PS3 games and it got an 8

and the backlash that followed

AnthonyLuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AnthonyLuu
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts
Because an extra .5 makes all the difference. :roll:
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I loved the GS review of COD: WAW. Finally someone else is getting tired of the same old thing over and over.
CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts
Comparing it to COD was a horrible example. Replayability? That whole game is just like replaying COD4 with new guns and maps. Don't get me wrong I like that game but it didn't deserve anything higher than 8.5. Nazi Zombies? It's the same thing over and over again. I mean yea you can do it more than once and still enjoy it but after like the 10th time, it's so boring.
crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 crazy-player
Member since 2005 • 2909 Posts
No, SFIV isn't like the older ones, with some "new" stuff. It's a completely new game, it has a great artistic art sty.le and fighters have the most replay value of any genre. You can play those games for years. People still play SFII competetively.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

OMG OMG OMG OMG THEY REVIEWED SFIV

im more surpried that they actually reviewed a game in time

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

OMG OMG OMG OMG THEY REVIEWED SFIV

im more surpried that they actually reviewed a game in time

funsohng

I luv how you brought some enthusiasm to this thread, fun.

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
street fighter 4 is better because COD5 is COD4 but in WW2 wich is pretty unoriginal so ya street fighter is better
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts
I thought this was going to be about poor reviews or lack of reviews (FEAR 2) not a fight for a better score on COD. Whatever, you have to understand the reviewers are just people with their own preferences and what not. I stopped looking at reviews on this site a long time ago (as did quite a few others). Seriously there is no need to complain about it. Looking at the FEAR 2 360 review (I'd say PS3 but you know) and comparing to numerous other reviews from other sites should explain everything.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

street fighter 4 is better because COD5 is COD4 but in WW2 wich is pretty unoriginal so ya street fighter is betterGatCloudX

Please just stop. The same except one is different? ( WW2 ) Unoriginal? so SF4 has a completely different set of characters and moves or maybe just a few with better graphics?

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
Because SF4 is one of the most highly anticipated games this year and COD 5 was just a "oh ok a new COD" game.
victorgonzalez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 victorgonzalez
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts
He's got a point. But honestly people, games keep getting better and better. And my taste and pickyness, level of patience and attitude toward "sloppyness" (relative to me of course) only keep expanding with my expectations. I own both SF4 & COD:WAW. Both are sub-par in my opinion and have room for improvement in the very-hard-to-put-your-finger-on "fun factor" category. In my opinion at least ROOT has a valid argument, but I wouldn'y have scored either of these games higher than a 8.9 or lower than a 8.8... Hit me back if you feel any different.
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts

theROOTS420
Apparently you fail to grasp one concept. The difference in both reviews is the genres. This plays a huge role in how they grade this. There are really no good recent high profile fighting game releases recently; therefore, since it is one of the best new generation fighting games it will receive a high score because it has no competition and doesn't suck. The gamespot's numerical value (like every other site should be doing... I don't know if they do) is comparing between genre's... not between games essentially. A high number means it is good (Like +8); however, when you get into specifics like 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 that's when it comes into relation of other games on the market. Call of Duty: WaW doesn't really stand out in the saturated FPS market, therefore... it scored 8.5 which is reasonable. The only thing it really has is Nazi Zombies. Meanwhile, Street Fighter stands hugely out of the fighting crowd because it has a huge following, is balanced almost perfectly, has a good fighting system, and looks great (it's a different style of graphics... they're good graphics whether you appreciate them or not). Ontop of that, they won't grade a fighting game the same under the pretenses of "been there, done that" because essentially it's IMPOSSIBLE to revamp a fighting universe or game mechanics to be original. Street Fighter 4 did do original things with it's ultra defensive attacks and focus attacks and such, but at the same time you can't exactly deduct it marks for it being the same. The character have to be the same, and generally the same moves because that's who they are in the universe. If they took out Ryu or any other memorable character and replaced him, people would roid rage at capcom. ALso, they can't make Ryu shoot pixie dust either because that's not the character they built in the street fighter universe. Basically, your being immature and not understanding the way gamespot grades their reviews (and as I said, I think all review sites do this to an extent). Surely, some reviews I will disagree with, but in this specific case I think that gamespot graded them perfectly for the reasons I just listed.
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RoganSarine
[QUOTE="theROOTS420"]

RoganSarine
Apparently you fail to grasp one concept. The difference in both reviews is the genres. This plays a huge role in how they grade this. There are really no good recent high profile fighting game releases recently; therefore, since it is one of the best new generation fighting games it will receive a high score because it has no competition and doesn't suck. The gamespot's numerical value (like every other site should be doing... I don't know if they do) is comparing between genre's... not between games essentially. A high number means it is good (Like +8); however, when you get into specifics like 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 that's when it comes into relation of other games on the market. Call of Duty: WaW doesn't really stand out in the saturated FPS market, therefore... it scored 8.5 which is reasonable. The only thing it really has is Nazi Zombies. Meanwhile, Street Fighter stands hugely out of the fighting crowd because it has a huge following, is balanced almost perfectly, has a good fighting system, and looks great (it's a different style of graphics... they're good graphics whether you appreciate them or not). Ontop of that, they won't grade a fighting game the same under the pretenses of "been there, done that" because essentially it's IMPOSSIBLE to revamp a fighting universe or game mechanics to be original. Street Fighter 4 did do original things with it's ultra defensive attacks and focus attacks and such, but at the same time you can't exactly deduct it marks for it being the same. The character have to be the same, and generally the same moves because that's who they are in the universe. If they took out Ryu or any other memorable character and replaced him, people would roid rage at capcom. ALso, they can't make Ryu shoot pixie dust either because that's not the character they built in the street fighter universe. Basically, your being immature and not understanding the way gamespot grades their reviews (and as I said, I think all review sites do this to an extent). Surely, some reviews I will disagree with, but in this specific case I think that gamespot graded them perfectly for the reasons I just listed.

At the same time, I disagree with gamespots way of doing .5 intervals... It's just not accurate enough. I would grade Call of Duty: WaW maybe an 8.7 or 8.8 because 8.5 looks like a huge drop, but when you take into consideration it's jsut one point down on their scale... it isn't actually that bad.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
street fighter 4 is better because COD5 is COD4 but in WW2 wich is pretty unoriginal so ya street fighter is betterGatCloudX
What? That's completely untrue. WaW is a multiplayer game (4 people could play on the same ps3!) while CoD 4 was single player all the way through. Plus, it has Nazi zombies which is one of the funnest and coolest game modes I've played in any shooter. Why it got only an 8.5 is beyond me as well.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="AnthonyLuu"]Because an extra .5 makes all the difference. :roll:parvie
EVERYONE STOP WITH THE ROLLING EYES EMOTICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: Never ..

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RoganSarine
[QUOTE="GatCloudX"]street fighter 4 is better because COD5 is COD4 but in WW2 wich is pretty unoriginal so ya street fighter is betterparvie
What? That's completely untrue. WaW is a multiplayer game (4 people could play on the same ps3!) while CoD 4 was single player all the way through. Plus, it has Nazi zombies which is one of the funnest and coolest game modes I've played in any shooter. Why it got only an 8.5 is beyond me as well.

Theory of Relativity versus the theory of "hey it was better then the last game so it has to get a higher point!"
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 parvie

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="AnthonyLuu"]Because an extra .5 makes all the difference. :roll:CanadianCR

EVERYONE STOP WITH THE ROLLING EYES EMOTICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH BOB SAGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CanadianCR
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="parvie"] EVERYONE STOP WITH THE ROLLING EYES EMOTICON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!parvie

Had

Couldn't resist .. :lol:

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
GS reviews had been crap ever since jeff and greg left, but still SF4 > CoD:WaW because overall sf is just more fun. As much as I was ticked off by the length of CoD4, it was at least fun, the campaign for world at war was boring as hell, everything was done before and cod2 was simply even better this.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 parvie
[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

CanadianCR

Had

hahahahaahah!!!!!!!! oh man that just made my night!!!!
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="CanadianCR"][QUOTE="parvie"] OH BOB SAGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!parvie

Had

I'm still laughing .. :lol:

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

Had

CanadianCR

Nobody does it better.

Bob Saget: the coolest mother***** in a cardigan sweater.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CanadianCR

Bob Saget is just one of the coolest mother **** ever .. CLICK

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 parvie
[QUOTE="CanadianCR"]

[QUOTE="parvie"] hahahahaahah!!!!!!!! oh man that just made my night!!!!Scianix-Black

Nobody does it better.

Bob Saget: the coolest mother***** in a cardigan sweater.

Man, Full House was the **** back in the day.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Scianix-Black
You are now about to witness the strength of Bob Saget.