Games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, The Last of Us...

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

I'm really into these games. I tend to have a hard time finishing games that are open ended (RPGs) or lack a linear story. Not that RPGs can't have stories, but I mean open worlds are a little much for my attention span as are games that don't necessarily point you in the direction you need to go. I found that I really like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, The Last of Us, and I'm looking for suggestions of adventure games that are an even split between exploring and combat, kind of like the ones listed above. I think they're easy to get invested in, great stories, and not so overwhelming that I find myself never finishing or easily losing interest.

Let me know if you have suggestions for PS4

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I feel the same about games as well, I don't play multiplayer games anymore, i don't have the time or interest anymore. I love Single player story driven games, I also have never finished a gta game besides gta 5.

I'm going to point you to a few open world games that are great that I finished. These games are open world in the traditional sense, but the way you get to the missions is structured in a way that's easy to follow and finish the game.

First game is gta 5, the assassins creed 4, shadow of Mordor, far cry 4, and Batman Arkham night. All of these games are open world do as you please games, but the way the missions are structured its easy to follow a singular path and complete the main story. I finished all of these games, they all have that great singil player story and play experience. I want to add Alien isolation which is more a linear story but also great.

I've never been one to compleat a big open world game, in gta I would just rampage and never do any of the story missions. All of these games i completed and each had a story that made me want to finish the. game.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

@gagit811GTA I'm obsessed with, already got it. Far Cry 4 I really liked at first but lost interest about half way through (prefered FC3). Arkham Knight came with my PS4... was debating not opening it and selling it but based on your taste and what I've heard about it, I think I'm going to try it next then since I was already intrigued. Don't know much about SoM but I've heard good things about that too. I'm also looking forward to Until Dawn and Rise of the Tomb Raider (praying it maybe eventually comes to the PS family) Thanks for the input

Would be happy to hear more from others...

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

@amyh7292: If you're looking for a decent story I would steer clear of Shadow of Mordor. Don't get me wrong, this is one of my favorite games, but the gameplay/Nemesis system was really the draw for me and the story fell short. Alien Isolation is great and if you like FPS's I would recommend Wolfenstein: The New Order and Killzone Shadowfall. You could check out the Order 1866 if you want, it was just alright. An open-world game that I enjoyed was Infamous Second Sun, but it is a bit overwhelming. Right now I am playing through Borderlands the Handsome Collection an just loving it. It's kind of open world with decent sized hub areas that you travel between but it's not overflowing with content. There are some side quests, but no collectibles or anything of that sort.