Games Before ps4 Hits

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kurrokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kurrokk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
So I've recently came over from xbox and pc gaming, and I'm looking to get a few ps3 games to work through before ps4 hits. Basically all I'm looking for is exclusive IP's to tackle. My PC is on its last legs, and I dont feel like paying the cash to upgrade it to current gen. And I'm honestly wanting to just relax on my couch for some games this season. So far I've though to pick up" -TLoU -MGS -Journey -Flower Also, when it comes to the games like MGS is it worth it to play through all of them, or just pick up the latest? Also, I'm mainly looking at games that will continue the series into the PS4. So, I'm also considering grabbing the Killzone and infamous games, if you guys think its worth it. Thanks for the help. And side thought, this ps3 was given to me. would it be best to just trade it into gamestop and put the credit towards a 4 and skip all the rest, I have plenty of games still to work through on my pc.
sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
-inFamous 1 & 2 (They're my favorites) -Uncharted 1-3 -Little Big Planet 1 & 2 -The Sly Collection and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time -Killzone trilogy etc.
Kurrokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kurrokk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts! So you think it'd be best to keep the system?
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts! So you think it'd be best to keep the system?Kurrokk

I would first wait until you play through some of the games before selling the system, in case you want to play some of the games again in the future. I'm not sure what the value of a PS3 in atm, but if it's not something that would significantly help you buy a PS4, I wouldn't bother selling it either, imho...

Also, as well as the games mentioned, I reccomend the Ratchet and Clank games (ACiT and ToD), Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls (when it comes out), Yakuza 3/4, and the Little Big Planet games.

SLAMMIN23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 SLAMMIN23
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts

ill still have my ps3 hooked up to my tv and the ps4 hooked up to i would recommend anyone to keep both systems the only game im getting before ps4 is batman arkham origins

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

The Uncharted trilogy for sure, Gran Turismo if you are into racing simulators or the Motorstorm series if you are into arcade racers, pick up ModNation Racers and/or Little Big Planet if you are a creative gamer and pick up the two Infamous games, if you can only get one, get Infamous 2. As for Metal Gear Solid, only get the series if you want lots of long repetitive cutscenes and for games prior to Metal Gear Solid 4, a horrible camera and inverted menu controls, if you can put up with that, you should play all the games rather than the latest. Killzone and Resistance are good if you want some sci-fi first person shooters and the Ratchet and Clank series is good if you want some cartoony platformers.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Wow, no one has sought to mention God of War? That's something you definitely can't get on Xbox or PC. Sony currently has several cheap "Collections," going including: The God of War Saga, The Infamous Collection, The Resistance Collection and The Killzone Trilogy. All of which are worth the price tags(shame you didn't decide to join the PS3 last Black Friday as some of the collections were dirt cheap starting at 9.99 each). That's about 13 really good games for less than $120 if you shop around. There is also the aforementioned Uncharted Series, TLOU, Heavy Rain, Batman Arkham games, Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, Valkyria Chronicles, The Little Big Planet Games and last but not least, if you're into baseball, MLB the Show is the best dang baseball sim there is to play . . .

Don't know if you've played the following games on your Xbox or PC but for 17.99 you can get yourself a 3-month subscription to PLus and play: X-com Enemy Unknown, Battlefield 3, as well as single player Uncharted 3(Although I recommend playing the Uncharted games in release order for story and character sake).

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
Too many for me, I dont get a bunch of new games each year, so far this year I have only bought Defiance, and I typically only get 2 or 3 brand new and a few older games. The end of this year has so many that I want and some will end up on the back burner., GTA V Assassins Creed IV Black Flag Beyond: Two Souls Watch Dogs and theirs still games that have came out already this year that are on my wait list Bioshock Infinate The Last of Us Remember Me GTA V will be my #1 game to get and we will see on the others as I tend to only play one game at a time.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the last of us

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
GTAV splinter cell black list tales of xilia beyond two souls kindoms heart hd saints row 4 AC4 batman AO rayman legends
Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#11 Hanzoadam
Member since 2009 • 6576 Posts
Valkyria chronicles