Game Purchase Dilemma.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

So, I only have about $250 to spend on games for the next 6 months or so.... and there are TONS of great PS3 titles comming out. Some on my list are Motorstorm, Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2), God of War II (PS2), Mercenaries 2, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, UT3, Haze and many more.

So here's my dilemma. As of next month I see that on my list, Motorstorm, Indiana Jones, God of War II, and Mercenaries 2 are all comming out (I got the release dates from www.gamestop.com today). I'm definitly getting Indiana Jones (I'm a huge fan... cant not buy it). The others, I want, but can all wait. I was thinking of holding off on God of War II for a while... so it's between Mercenaries 2 and Motorstorm. I've downloaded the demo of Motorstorm and love it. I also loved the first Mercenaries. So if both are available next month (Merc 2 may get pushed back) which should I get?

dberuvides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dberuvides
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts
I predict that stores will discount GOW 2 and the new Tomb Raider since they are PS2 games and stores are trying to get rid of them for more PS3 shelf space.  Don't be surpised to see both for 29.99 or less come summer at places like Fry's or Circuit City!!!
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rabbidcrazy

I predict that stores will discount GOW 2 and the new Tomb Raider since they are PS2 games and stores are trying to get rid of them for more PS3 shelf space.  Don't be surpised to see both for 29.99 or less come summer at places like Fry's or Circuit City!!!dberuvides

Tomb Raider Anniversary was said that it will be released at $29.99. Good news for those of us TR fans on a budget.

BadSmerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BadSmerf
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
GOW II is a must buy IMO. I just can't imagine not owning that game right away.
swiftninja_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 swiftninja_23
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

wow there are several games you didn't list such as NBA Street:Homecourt, G.R.A.W. 2, Def Jam: Icon, Virtua Fighter 5. But $256.76 roughly gets you 4 PS3 games so Your list already includes:

1. Indiana Jones $64.19

2. Mercenaries 2 or Motorstorm $64.19 (I would have a tough decision here, go with your favorite genre or wait for reviews is my opinion)

Personally, I would add these games to your list:

3. God of War 2 is a given $53.49 (total = $181.87)

4. Either Virtua Fighter 5, Homecourt, G.R.A.W. 2, Heavenly Sword, or UT 3 (Total $246.06)

Personally I loved the original Warhawk but the new one just doesn't look right to me. I would rather have it be more like the first one and less like a more interactive RTS, but that is just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, if the reviews are solid I would get this over most games from the list. And I really don't know much at all about Haze.

Qbrozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Qbrozen
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
renting is your friend. :)
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rabbidcrazy

wow there are several games you didn't list such as NBA Street:Homecourt, G.R.A.W. 2, Def Jam: Icon, Virtua Fighter 5. But $256.76 roughly gets you 4 PS3 games so Your list already includes:

1. Indiana Jones $64.19

2. Mercenaries 2 or Motorstorm $64.19 (I would have a tough decision here, go with your favorite genre or wait for reviews is my opinion)

Personally, I would add these games to your list:

3. God of War 2 is a given $53.49 (total = $181.87)

4. Either Virtua Fighter 5, Homecourt, G.R.A.W. 2, Heavenly Sword, or UT 3 (Total $246.06)

Personally I loved the original Warhawk but the new one just doesn't look right to me. I would rather have it be more like the first one and less like a more interactive RTS, but that is just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, if the reviews are solid I would get this over most games from the list. And I really don't know much at all about Haze.

swiftninja_23

I'm being pretty picky this generation. God of War 2 is on my list though :) My 2007 Playstation game list:

Motorstorm
Indiana Jones
Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2)
God of War 2 (PS2)
Assassin's Creed
Unreal Tournament 3
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Battlefield Bad Company
Untitled Naughty Dog Game
Mercenaries 2
Haze
Burnout 5

There are more... but some titles keep getting pushed back (I think RE5 is now 2008 :( ) Oh well... later down the line when some of the games I wanted are more affordable, I'll pick them up. :)

mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts

renting is your friend. :)Qbrozen

Not for some people. It costs me $12 just to rent 1 PS3 game. I might as just buy the damn game then. Which i do end up doing. Buying>>renting imo.

epic_nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 epic_nemesis
Member since 2005 • 3630 Posts
umm rent motorstorm unless you are a racing freak, racing games tend to get old fast for me at least. Plus you really need to get gow2 when it comes out, its really fun edit: mr pops get gamefly, even if you play a game you like you can choose to buy it from them for like 15 bucks less than a new game. Sometimes I rent a game there at launch and then when I get the option to buy it I do, and save like 10-15 bucks on a completely new game.
Qbrozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Qbrozen

[QUOTE="Qbrozen"]renting is your friend. :)mr_pops238

Not for some people. It costs me $12 just to rent 1 PS3 game. I might as just buy the damn game then. Which i do end up doing. Buying>>renting imo.

$12 to rent a game?? why?? no blockbusters by you? How about gamefly.com? $22/mo for 2 games at a time. The OP said he's got $250 to spend over 6 months. Well, for $250, he could have a gamefly membership for almost a full year. So... buy 4 games (assuming $60/ea for PS3 titles) in one year or get all the games you want for as long as you want for one year? How many games have you ever played that were still interesting after 1 year? I'm not sure I could even come up with 4.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
god of war 2 is 49.99 i reserved it, ps2 games wont be less then 50 bucks if they are exclusive and are one of the best games,  games like god of war 2 u wont see on the shelf for 30 dollars, unless they bending over to us buyers to buy every single one fo them lol
Avatar image for stevesurdaddy12
stevesurdaddy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 stevesurdaddy12
Member since 2006 • 373 Posts
get a gamefly acct, rent games for as long as u want, then send em back perfect a month subsc. is about 15 a month for 3 out at a time its good do that
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rabbidcrazy
[QUOTE="mr_pops238"]

[QUOTE="Qbrozen"]renting is your friend. :)Qbrozen

$12 to rent a game?? why?? no blockbusters by you? How about gamefly.com? $22/mo for 2 games at a time. The OP said he's got $250 to spend over 6 months. Well, for $250, he could have a gamefly membership for almost a full year. So... buy 4 games (assuming $60/ea for PS3 titles) in one year or get all the games you want for as long as you want for one year? How many games have you ever played that were still interesting after 1 year? I'm not sure I could even come up with 4.

1. Resident Evil 4 (GC, PS2)
2. Battlefield 2 (PS2)
3. Tomb Raider Legned (PS2)
4. Super Smash Bros Melee (GC)
5. Amplitude (PS2)
6. Resident Evil: Outbreak Series (PS2)
7. Mortal Kombat 2 (love that game)
8. Sonic's 16 bit games
9. TMNT on the NES
10. Jurassic Park on Genesis and PS1
11. Oddworld (PS1 games)

Point is.. there are tons of games that retain their awesomeness over time.

Qbrozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Qbrozen

Point is.. there are tons of games that retain their awesomeness over time.rabbidcrazy

Ok (definitely none of those on my list, so it is obviously a huge YMMV). But since you don't rent ... how many games have you wasted money on that sucked? Or that simply didn't have the legs to hold your interest for more than a month? I know I've done it. We've all bought crappy games in our lives. I for one don't want to blow $60 for the hell of it. I definitely plan on renting.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Indiana Jones isn't supposed to be coming out until the movie is released in 2008.

Motorstorm-Buy

Indiana Jones-2008

Tomb Raider Anniversary (PS2)-Buy

God of War II (PS2)-Buy

Mercenaries 2-Buy, but I think this may be a bit farther off then we expect.

Heavenly Sword-Buy

Warhawk-Rent or Pass

UT3-May be released in 2007, 2008, or 2009. No one knows for sure but Epic.

Haze-Buy, but this may be 2008 also.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
You could just get a cheap hooker.
Qbrozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Qbrozen
You could just get a cheap hooker.duane27
hell, man, $250 ain't a cheap hooker. $10 is a cheap hooker.