Game of the year for 2009

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 HeroKen-ii
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

I was thinking Uncharted 2 was going to be the Game of the year but then i forgot that killzone2,RE5,BatmanA,MW2..and other great games that i can't think of at the moment.

What game would you like to see win the GOTY?

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#2 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
Most likely mine will be Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted 2. Currently undecided as I have to play Demon's Souls and R&C still.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
Why not Forza? Is it cuz its a racing game? Anyways i pick Uncharted 2.
Falkien123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Falkien123
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts

I don't see Modern Warfare 2 being a 9.5 game. Uncharted 2 is truly a solid sequel with features that players of the first game were scared might ruin the game yet it didn't..

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HeroKen-ii

I don't see Modern Warfare 2 being a 9.5 game. Uncharted 2 is truly a solid sequel with features that players of the first game were scared might ruin the game yet it didn't..

Falkien123

If it gets a 9 or higher it's cause they rated it by the online.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Falkien123
Really? I am pretty sure the reviewers will give this repeating shooter more attention than it deserves. GOTY will go to either UC2 or MW2. I hope that it goes to UC2. That game actually looks like it brings new things to the table....As for MW2, no doubt it will be good but I just don't see it deserving GOTY.
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
yeah, how come they never review the campaign of COD. And why didnt they review the online for MGS4. Funny, truly funny.
HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HeroKen-ii

yeah, how come they never review the campaign of COD. And why didnt they review the online for MGS4. Funny, truly funny.Javieralijandro

cause they don't get paid to talk about the campaign.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
yeah, how come they never review the campaign of COD. And why didnt they review the online for MGS4. Funny, truly funny.Javieralijandro
If they do it is not a HUGE deal. They know the majority of the people who are buying MW2 are not really worried about the campaign. The story mode of MW2 could be 2 hours long for all they care aslong as they get to play the multiplayer.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

From a realistic standpoint Uncharted 2. The hype here on the forums is just insane.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Demon's Souls is my GOTY winner atm.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

Do you mean just ps3 game of year or all? The Super Mario Bros. Wii could be as well. I think its a contender. Suppose to be the hardest Mario game of all time....... OF ALL TIME!!

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HeroKen-ii

Do you mean just ps3 game of year or all? The Super Mario Bros. Wii could be as well. I think its a contender. Suppose to be the hardest Mario game of all time....... OF ALL TIME!!

ez_moneymaker

then vote for other.

Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
it shud be either uncharted 2 or Demon's souls...tht's all i can think of
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Since I am getting over 10 more games over the rest of the year, I can't decide yet. But as of right now, Uncharted 2.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
U2 is probably the closest to taking it, but I would definately expect Batman: AA and Demon's Souls to be close runner's up.
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts

[QUOTE="Javieralijandro"]yeah, how come they never review the campaign of COD. And why didnt they review the online for MGS4. Funny, truly funny.GrandJury
If they do it is not a HUGE deal. They know the majority of the people who are buying MW2 are not really worried about the campaign. The story mode of MW2 could be 2 hours long for all they care aslong as they get to play the multiplayer.

This is what you call one sided information..

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="Javieralijandro"]yeah, how come they never review the campaign of COD. And why didnt they review the online for MGS4. Funny, truly funny.GrandJury

Guess I'm part of the minority. I thought the sp campaign of MW was effing amazing, and I expect nothing less from the sequel. I'm sure the multiplayer will be the same old run-n-gun psycho bloodsport the others have been. I couldn't care less for a multiplayer right now. I just want to play another bad@$$ moden wartime shooter.
Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts
i think Uncharted 2 is gonna win GOTY. i would like to see MW 2, Uncharted 2 or Ratchet & Clank win GOTY, but again, i think it's gonna go to Uncharted 2...
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Uncharted 2 by a mile. I haven't played anything all year that sucked me in and wouldn't let go the way that game did.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

ez_moneymaker
That's not really saying much. I've played most of the Mario games and never really found any of them very hard. I thinks its going to be Uncharted 2 though. Great story, great graphics, great characters, and a multiplayer that can hold its own. I think MW2 and Forza 3 will be close though. You already know what you're going to get with the MP from MW2 its just going to be a matter of how good the campaign is and how different the MP is. Its obviously going to be similar to CoD4, but its going to have to change enough to still feel fresh for it to really shine as a GOTY contender. Forza I think would have a shot, but because its a racing game it'll be tough for it to win against a game like Uncharted or CoD.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#22 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

take a guess at this one

it has ladders steel chairs orton cena hardy and tons of matches hahahaha wwe 2010 killed anything besides nsmb lol

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

[QUOTE="ez_moneymaker"]

Texas2089

That's not really saying much. I've played most of the Mario games and never really found any of them very hard. I thinks its going to be Uncharted 2 though. Great story, great graphics, great characters, and a multiplayer that can hold its own. I think MW2 and Forza 3 will be close though. You already know what you're going to get with the MP from MW2 its just going to be a matter of how good the campaign is and how different the MP is. Its obviously going to be similar to CoD4, but its going to have to change enough to still feel fresh for it to really shine as a GOTY contender. Forza I think would have a shot, but because its a racing game it'll be tough for it to win against a game like Uncharted or CoD.

admit it you knew smb1 was very hard on the nes, one game over ment you start back at world 1 hahaha

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Games are reviewed as a whole. That means the review score for MGS4 includes both the Campaign and MGO and the review score for COD includes the campaign.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="ez_moneymaker"]

mariokart64fan

admit it you knew smb1 was very hard on the nes, one game over ment you start back at world 1 hahaha

lol thats how most games were at the time. 1 game over and you had to start the whole game over. I still wouldn't call it hard and once you knew the secrets it was easy.
Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Manticore7
Member since 2009 • 864 Posts

Demons souls or ratchet and clank

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Uncharted 2 EASILY :P
amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts

Why's everyone forgetting Demon's Souls?

Does a game have to be a big hyped title to win this?

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
no game i've played so far this year deserves it as much as demon's soul s... but realistically speaking, it will probably be handed to the mass appealing, simple and overscripted uncharted 2
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
hopefully it will be UC2... It has an entertaining story; diverse and interesting characters; terrific voice-acting; fun game play mechanics; beautiful and detailed graphics (which i would even go as far to as to consider a work of art); solid competitive MP; and so forth... It's truly a fantastic package; well deserving of the GoTY accolade.
Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

I'm currently playing my personal GOTY. It is Demon's Souls. I'll be hitting UC2 eventually but at this point I don't know if it'll before the end of the year.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

I think Uncharted 2: Among Thieves deserves it.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
im mad at naughty dog. they should have released uncharted 2 on dec 31 at mindnight, because its making every other game out ther just look so bad in comparison. they just raised the bar to high, thanks alot naughty dog. they could have at least let us enjoy those games before they unleashed the awesomness that is uncharted 2. i don't care if it gets the award or not, the fact that were able to play this game is good enough for me, and my goty.
Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

no game i've played so far this year deserves it as much as demon's soul s... but realistically speaking, it will probably be handed to the mass appealing, simple and overscripted uncharted 2verbalfilth

Hey now, we can't have good PS3 exclusives fighting. Can't we agree that they're both good games? I've almost Platinumed Uncharted 2 (just need to finish Crushing, I'm on Chapter 23) and I just started playing Demon's Souls (just beat the Phalanx). I think they're both good games. Currently I'd have to give the edge to UC2 because it's the sequel to my favorite new IP, but Demon's Souls is definitely addicting and, if nothing else, should be in the running for GOTY, as well as Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Avatar image for ChrisMoneyMaker
ChrisMoneyMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChrisMoneyMaker
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts
UC2
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Realistic answer: Uncharted 2

Underdogs: Infamous, Batman, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT

My winner: Ratchet and Clank

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

How many games can get nominated? Five? I say any combination of the following games will more than likely get nominated:

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • Forza Motorsport 3
  • Demon's Souls
  • Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • inFamous
  • Killzone 2
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum

Going straight off reviews those are the main ones I can see getting a nod at least. The first 2 at least have a lock on a nomination since they were the only 9.5s.

EDIT: Sorry, I post in System Wars a lot, forgot I was in the PS3 forums. Regardless, I voted for Uncharted 2.

millzyman95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 millzyman95
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
how can MW2 be up for nomination if it isnt even released yet... OVERHYPED!!!
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

how can MW2 be up for nomination if it isnt even released yet... OVERHYPED!!!millzyman95

:lol:

it'll be released this year, but you have a point.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I cannot just choose one. i really can't.

I adore Batman Arkham, inFamous, Uncharted 2.

I'm highly anticipating Dragon Age : Origins, and Modern Warfare 2.

I know i'm buying, but i doubt Assassin's Creed 2, or Ratchet and Clank will top them. nontheless i will most likely enjoy them.

BladedNuiasnce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BladedNuiasnce
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

Sorry guys but Uncharted 2 is in no way deserving of game of the year

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
IMO I believe its MW2 with all its Unbelieveable hype it has.
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
[QUOTE="Falkien123"]

GrandJury
Really? I am pretty sure the reviewers will give this repeating shooter more attention than it deserves. GOTY will go to either UC2 or MW2. I hope that it goes to UC2. That game actually looks like it brings new things to the table....As for MW2, no doubt it will be good but I just don't see it deserving GOTY.

I agree with this. I love COD, but GOTY it is not. Still, I think what they are doing with the MP in MW2 is pretty amazing. The amount of customization is unheard of for an FPS. So, in a way they really are innovating the genre. I dunno. I think it will be UC2 or MW2, and I won't be disappointed either way.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Right now, it's Demon's Souls that just barely beats Uncharted 2. But for me, Demon's Souls reminds me of my NES days of playing hard games and getting better with each death. Demon's Souls is the pinnacle of gaming.
Meowmixxvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#45 Meowmixxvi
Member since 2008 • 2243 Posts
demons souls FTW!
Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#46 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

Somehow i m looking for MW2.

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

Killzone 2

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
Why not Forza? Is it cuz its a racing game? Anyways i pick Uncharted 2.ez_moneymaker
lol i think he meant by PS3
Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#49 Tomrock101
Member since 2008 • 858 Posts

Uncharted or killzone.

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#50 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
lol :D I was the 100th to vote. :P I think Uncharted 2 will get PS3 GOTY but I think COD MW2 will get GS GOTY. I wouldn't add RE5 if I were u, it's just a better version of RE4. :P