For Sony's sake I hope they have some major exclusives lined up for E3 07

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

Yeah you guys heard, DMC4 is no longer an exclusive. MASSIVE DAMAGE indeed, theres no denying it.

I just find it weird that Sony seems to be keeping a calm and collected mind after hearing all these bad news, I really hope that they have some massive anouncement that will change the tide for PS3. I would really like to see PS3 gaining some major exclusives but am I being too optimistic :?.

what do you guys think about DMC4's loss of exclusivity and do you think that Sony is prepared for the battle at hand?

spartan_104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 spartan_104
Member since 2003 • 696 Posts
Sony better pull something out of their asses come E3, otherwise I'll just be sticking with my pc. I'm not really into sports game and console fps's, so a 360 is out for me. And the Wii just isn't impressing me yet. The PS3 the only system that I want to save up for, but Sony's making that kind of difficult. Losing exlusives is one of the best ways to disenfranchise (not sure about the spelling of that word) loyal fans of their games and hardware.
Sigil-otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Sigil-otaku
Member since 2007 • 1234 Posts
I think Sony has becom a bit lax and honestly can't imagine the E3 blowing anyone away, they've lost so much respect, exclusives and face so I imagine any big announcement would be used right now before the launch. And the way they blackballed Kotaku is evidence that they probably have very few worthwhile tricks up their sleeve.
neoreloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 neoreloaded
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts
Doesn't bother me what platform it's on since (as of this friday) i have all three next-gen consoles. Still, i'll probably be buying it on the PS3, unless for some reason the 360 version is deemed better by the gaming mass.
LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts
There's still E3????? Uhh... isn't it a small show now. You guys must be talking about E for Everybody (or the Gamepro Game show).
calandbolg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 calandbolg
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
Well ps3 owners do not lose anything, they will still get the game . . . Only fanboys, the developer and stockholders have to lose or gain something from DMC going multiplatform. And because i don't belong in these categories and i can still get it for ps3, i don't care. You shouldn't care too.
Sigil-otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sigil-otaku

Well actually people should care cos it's one less reason the PS3 is needed so it's bad regardelss of whether PS3 owners can get it or not. Exclusives are good cos they make consoles more interesting and give you a reason to get them, lose it and you can imagine what it's like. I have a console with 10 exclusives and one with  0, which will I pick?

I agree if you don't really care there it's no big loss.

SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

I just find it weird that Sony seems to be keeping a calm and collected mind after hearing all these bad news, I really hope that they have some massive anouncement that will change the tide for PS3.

AB_Uppercut
Maybe they're preparing a game that will be Ps3's long-awaited messiah?
calandbolg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 calandbolg
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
Er . . . not. This is bad for Sony not for me or any gamer. That is what i want to say, so gamers should not care in my opinion. The only thing that bothers me about DMC going multiplatform is that it will propably not tap as much power as it could from every system.
Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts
Well PS3 still has God Of War,which is probably a bigger seller than DMC,even though DMC I like more so than GoW...I really wouldn't doubt it,if one day we see Halo 3 on PS3....Halo is the only game keeping the 360 above water. I would however be heartbroken if Final Fantasy was to go multiplatform.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
Sony's been paying for the wrong exclusives. Motorstorm and Lair are cool, but they really better make sure Final Fantasy or Metal Gear don't go anywhere. Tekken also. I honestly don't know why Sony thinks the PS3 will sell if all of their big franchises go to the 360. They can pay for those 3 series and they better if they don't want to get left in third place. Sony flat out lost Dragon Quest... Ace Combat is announced on 360 but not on PS3. 360 gets Lost Planet and Dead Rising but PS3 doesn't. PS3 loses Devil May Cry exclusivity and they are coming out on the SAME day! Koei shifted its once exclusive games(Fatal Inertia and Bladestorm) to multiplatform. Sega took VF5 and put it on 360 and will continue to give multiplatform support to games that were once Sony exclusive. Frankly, I'm sick of the excuses Sony keeps giving. Wahhh wahhh its too expensive to secure third party games! They better do something about the gaming aspect of PS3 because its looking down. Nobody is going to pay anywhere near 500 or 600 dollars if the GAMES aren't there. Blu Ray is just extra.
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about DMC going multiplatform is that it will propably not tap as much power as it could from every system.calandbolg
Well that's reason enough to be upset. This is a major series that people love. Every little detail counts, and not reaching it's potential because it's multiplat could be a very big loss. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.
killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 killeryoda85
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts

E3 2007 is not where Sony will push the PS3. They have scaled E3 right down this year and im sure Sony will hold there own event if they do anything.

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts
chill out, i've got 4 letters for you all H O M E
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
Well PS3 still has God Of War,which is probably a bigger seller than DMC,even though DMC I like more so than GoW...I really wouldn't doubt it,if one day we see Halo 3 on PS3....Halo is the only game keeping the 360 above water. I would however be heartbroken if Final Fantasy was to go multiplatform.Shu76
Keep Dreaming
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts
to me sony has one game that will sell systems and thats gran turismo so as long as they keep it exclusive they get my $$$$
mpattni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mpattni
Member since 2005 • 578 Posts

[QUOTE="Shu76"]Well PS3 still has God Of War,which is probably a bigger seller than DMC,even though DMC I like more so than GoW...I really wouldn't doubt it,if one day we see Halo 3 on PS3....Halo is the only game keeping the 360 above water. I would however be heartbroken if Final Fantasy was to go multiplatform.Thomasdeleo
Keep Dreaming

what he said

the_drop_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_drop_man
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts
[QUOTE="ginraisama"]chill out, i've got 4 letters for you all H O M E

Home is not going to save Sony. If Sony doesnt do something their game division will be the next DreamCast. Lets hope that doesnt happen then Microsoft will have a monopoly in the game industry too, then games will start to suck. Sony isnt playing the chess game right. If sony wants to win this next gen war, They need to do the following. 1) Buy Take-Two 2) Keep Exclusives, Keep Square Enix on its side 3) Give free Laptops to all the News Media and Ps3s. Just like Microsoft Did. 4) Drop the Price. 5) They need to create new IPs 6) They need more advertisement 7) They also need too announce news frequently. Instead of being quite all the time. This is something MS does very well.
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts
Well PS3 still has God Of War,which is probably a bigger seller than DMC,even though DMC I like more so than GoW...I really wouldn't doubt it,if one day we see Halo 3 on PS3....Halo is the only game keeping the 360 above water. I would however be heartbroken if Final Fantasy was to go multiplatform.Shu76

FF won't go because the 360 doesn't sell in Japan. Halo is the only game keeping the 360 above water?

Yeah Mass Effect, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Bioshock, Alan Wake,Too Human, Eternal Sonata, etc will probably suck :roll:
-Antisocial-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Antisocial-
Member since 2003 • 372 Posts
Has anyone noticed we've been hearing at least one piece of major bad news for the PS3 every month since launch? Wonder what next month's tragedy will be. :s
kakashi_00x000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kakashi_00x000
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts

and I've got 15 letters:

l i t t l e b i g p l a n e t
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AB_Uppercut

I think Sony are caring too much about First party titles and leaving third party out. First party games are great but Sony need to start being more competitive and gain some major third party exclusive, I think the success of their past two consoles have gone to their head and they have left their guard down this time.

Also considering that PS3 has just came out and is not even released in Europe yet -the 3rd biggest games territory- I think developers are waiting to see if PS3 actually becomes successful, sure Sony might get one or two third party exclusives this year but it wont be untill next year when developers feel comfortable in making PS3 exclusives.

E3 is this July 11th-13th, its smaller but still the biggest gaming convention in my opinion. Come on Sony that Killzone better be as good as that CGI trailer !

Sigil-otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sigil-otaku
[QUOTE="calandbolg"]The only thing that bothers me about DMC going multiplatform is that it will propably not tap as much power as it could from every system.Shut_Me_Up
Well that's reason enough to be upset. This is a major series that people love. Every little detail counts, and not reaching it's potential because it's multiplat could be a very big loss. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Well the statement said that they were going to use the hardware strengths of each console so no need to worry about it not being as good for the PS3 cos it should stay the same good it's the 360 version that will most likely be worse. Not to say it will be they just have to port it onto the 360 cos they've been working on the PS3 version first. H O M E. Not really my thing, it's a slow, limited forum in my eyes so I don't really care about it. I know some people will like it so it's a good idea for sony (or whoever made second life) to try and get this copy..I mean feature onto playstation network. It's really just second life except modified for consoles and since I wouldn't play second life guess what I'll not be doing with HOME if I get a PS3
Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

Sony's been paying for the wrong exclusives. Motorstorm and Lair are cool, but they really better make sure Final Fantasy or Metal Gear don't go anywhere. Tekken also. I honestly don't know why Sony thinks the PS3 will sell if all of their big franchises go to the 360. They can pay for those 3 series and they better if they don't want to get left in third place. Sony flat out lost Dragon Quest... Ace Combat is announced on 360 but not on PS3. 360 gets Lost Planet and Dead Rising but PS3 doesn't. PS3 loses Devil May Cry exclusivity and they are coming out on the SAME day! Koei shifted its once exclusive games(Fatal Inertia and Bladestorm) to multiplatform. Sega took VF5 and put it on 360 and will continue to give multiplatform support to games that were once Sony exclusive. Frankly, I'm sick of the excuses Sony keeps giving. Wahhh wahhh its too expensive to secure third party games! They better do something about the gaming aspect of PS3 because its looking down. Nobody is going to pay anywhere near 500 or 600 dollars if the GAMES aren't there. Blu Ray is just extra.xxThyLordxx

I agree with you mate. Sony is wrong if they think people will keep on buying their system just because its Playstation. To me it seems Sony is in this generation so they can win format war, gaming and games are in second place when it comes to thier priorities. Its so obvious. I dont give a damn about Blue Ray, i want console and great games not blue ray player and PS3 for now is failing to offer that. Xbox360 for now is much better system. First of all its cheaper, second it already has around 170 games on market, many jaw droping games are to be released in 2007 like (Mass Effect, BioShock, Halo 3, Lost Odyssey, FORZA 2, ShadowRun,Kane & Lynch: Dead Men ,Blue Dragon, Too Human, 2 days to Vegas and so on and so forth.True some of these games are also going to be released on PC but i dont have good PC and dont plan to give that much money to buy it. Also PS3 will have some amazing games by the end of the year but for me personally 360 list beats PS3 list for 2007.

I am PS1 and PS2 owner i still dont own next gen system, mostly because i want PS3 but Sony need to show me why PS3 is better than 360, why should i give 200 dollars more than for 360. I am not fan boy and i am not going to choose PS3 just because its PS3, give me reason to waste my money. Dont go around and loose exclussives to you biggest rival.

cvasquez311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cvasquez311
Member since 2004 • 962 Posts
[QUOTE="the_drop_man"][QUOTE="ginraisama"]chill out, i've got 4 letters for you all H O M E

Home is not going to save Sony. If Sony doesnt do something their game division will be the next DreamCast. Lets hope that doesnt happen then Microsoft will have a monopoly in the game industry too, then games will start to suck. Sony isnt playing the chess game right. If sony wants to win this next gen war, They need to do the following. 1) Buy Take-Two 2) Keep Exclusives, Keep Square Enix on its side 3) Give free Laptops to all the News Media and Ps3s. Just like Microsoft Did. 4) Drop the Price. 5) They need to create new IPs 6) They need more advertisement 7) They also need too announce news frequently. Instead of being quite all the time. This is something MS does very well.

it's too late, games are already starting to suck because of MS. and what's wierd is since microsoft gained popularity and Sony gained negative press people are more into playing "crappier" games (on the 360). I bought a 360 and havnt played it in almost a month (look below) because I'm still too busy playing more "quality" games on PS2. I played the Lost Planet demo and it SUCKS, and EVERYONE FLIPPING LOVES THAT GAME. And I won't even talk about the Wii (no good games PERIOD) Unless Sony can come out with a miracle, all of quality console gamingdom has come to an end (with the 360 and Wii).
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
To heck with the old franchises, it's the new IP's that are gonna bring people in.
Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="the_drop_man"][QUOTE="ginraisama"]chill out, i've got 4 letters for you all H O M E

your right dude. they do announce news frequently though. its just G$ that doesnt report it. you can find ps3 news daily at psu.com. i think the biggest thing they need to do is create new IP's. i dont expect anything other then first party titles to stay exclusive so what do we need? more first party games. they desperately need to work on their advertising as well.
Sigil-otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sigil-otaku
[QUOTE="cvasquez311"][QUOTE="the_drop_man"][QUOTE="ginraisama"]chill out, i've got 4 letters for you all H O M E

it's too late, games are already starting to suck because of MS. and what's wierd is since microsoft gained popularity and Sony gained negative press people are more into playing "crappier" games (on the 360). I bought a 360 and havnt played it in almost a month (look below) because I'm still too busy playing more "quality" games on PS2. I played the Lost Planet demo and it SUCKS, and EVERYONE FLIPPING LOVES THAT GAME. And I won't even talk about the Wii (no good games PERIOD) Unless Sony can come out with a miracle, all of quality console gamingdom has come to an end (with the 360 and Wii).

Well thats really preferance and I can state a few good Xbox 360 games. Gears of war (much better than I thought it would be), Dead or alive 4 and Oblivion. I'm not the biggest fan of Microsoft and there the only games I've seen fit to buy but you can't really say all games are crap becuase MS moved in, I know for a fact lots of crap games were on the PS2 and have sold quite well. I hate virtua fighter 5, limited movement, slow fights (I'm used to DOA), boring square levels, crap characters and stuff so I think thats crap and they rave it up and down. I also dislike racing games so Motorstorm wouldn't interest me but it's not a bad game it's just my preferance. Plus there's gonna be so many more games coming to the 360 now, PS3 won't even have 4 million sales when microsoft is moving on 13 or 14 million so publishers (who need money) will naturally want to make games on the 360 or Wii.
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I think this is an indication of where the industry will be going.... 1st party games are going to become more important because 3rd party developers HAVE to sell to as many users (PC, 360, PS3) to recoup the major amount of money needed to developed for these graphically advanced systems, making them less relevent....  So you'll see a majority of 3rd party games be put on all platforms that are possible....360 has lost a ton of exclusives as well, even though everyone focuses on the PS3.   Oblivion, FEAR, Ghost REcons, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cells and more have jumped to PS3.... Hell, even Bioware is making a PS3 game ..... Sony and Microsoft are gonna have to focus on what 1st party games will be the deciding factor in a buyers decision.... Microsoft has Halo, Mass Effect, etc... Sony has Ratchet & Clank, Killzone, etc.... This generation will be different, with no clear market leader so far.
RaptorVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RaptorVenom
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts
Doo doo doo, another one bites the dust, doo doo doo doo doo, another one bites the dust, and another ones gone and another ones gone, and another one bites the dust.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 emitsu97
I think this is an indication of where the industry will be going.... 1st party games are going to become more important because 3rd party developers HAVE to sell to as many users (PC, 360, PS3) to recoup the major amount of money needed to developed for these graphically advanced systems, making them less relevent.... So you'll see a majority of 3rd party games be put on all platforms that are possible....360 has lost a ton of exclusives as well, even though everyone focuses on the PS3. Oblivion, FEAR, Ghost REcons, Assassins Creed, Splinter Cells and more have jumped to PS3.... Hell, even Bioware is making a PS3 game ..... Sony and Microsoft are gonna have to focus on what 1st party games will be the deciding factor in a buyers decision.... Microsoft has Halo, Mass Effect, etc... Sony has Ratchet & Clank, Killzone, etc.... This generation will be different, with no clear market leader so far.ajefferism

This is how I see it as well.  The beautiful thing for PS3 owners is that Sony has the 3rd largest develpment house in the industry.  I'd gladly give up several mediocre 3rd party titles and maintain great quality IP's like God of War.
azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
I'll bet this is why we had to wait for DMC4, when it was pretty much completed for launch (It was scheduled as a launch title back when the PS3 was going to launch in Spring of 06). They probably decided to wait and see the PS3 sales, then they decided to make it multi, and had to make all of the adjustments for M$. Let's face it, M$ has got Capcom by the balls now (From Dead Rising, and Lost Planet). Capcom's mindset has starting leaning more to the bottom line than on the profit of games. That's why they dropped CLOVER...and they share the same goal as Microsoft--the bottom line.

Sony is far from the Evil Empire (Like everyone perceives, JUST because Sony was on top for 2 generations). The PS2 featured some of the most unique, great, creative games. Can you say the same for the Xbox?
The 360?
Moti_Biran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 Moti_Biran
Member since 2002 • 474 Posts

Well actually people should care cos it's one less reason the PS3 is needed so it's bad regardelss of whether PS3 owners can get it or not. Exclusives are good cos they make consoles more interesting and give you a reason to get them, lose it and you can imagine what it's like. I have a console with 10 exclusives and one with 0, which will I pick?

I agree if you don't really care there it's no big loss.

Sigil-otaku
Right! Exclusives are important! Look at the 360, it have many exclusives that will never be on the PS3. If the PS3 will not get it's exclusives, the system will crash and burn, unless some 360 exclusives will be coming to the PS3.
visli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 visli
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts

Yeah you guys heard, DMC4 is no longer an exclusive. MASSIVE DAMAGE indeed, theres no denying it.

I just find it weird that Sony seems to be keeping a calm and collected mind after hearing all these bad news, I really hope that they have some massive anouncement that will change the tide for PS3. I would really like to see PS3 gaining some major exclusives but am I being too optimistic :?.

what do you guys think about DMC4's loss of exclusivity and do you think that Sony is prepared for the battle at hand?

AB_Uppercut
There is not much Sony can really do about that. Microsoft is obviously buying everyone and everything that can be bought. But any exclusive title that Sony loses i'm still gonna play on ps3. I'm always gonna look at these games as Playstation titles. BTW X360 has less exclusives than Ps3.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
Sony better pull something out of their asses come E3, otherwise I'll just be sticking with my pc. I'm not really into sports game and console fps's, so a 360 is out for me. And the Wii just isn't impressing me yet. The PS3 the only system that I want to save up for, but Sony's making that kind of difficult. Losing exlusives is one of the best ways to disenfranchise (not sure about the spelling of that word) loyal fans of their games and hardware.spartan_104
if your only getting a ps3,then why does it matter if its an exclusive?
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

I got 6 letters for you
B O R I NG

Honestly Home is just a way for sony to earn some cash. I don't see the appeal at all. Then again i'm not a sims fan :P

[QUOTE="Sigil-otaku"][QUOTE="Shut_Me_Up"][QUOTE="calandbolg"]The only thing that bothers me about DMC going multiplatform is that it will propably not tap as much power as it could from every system.

Well the statement said that they were going to use the hardware strengths of each console so no need to worry about it not being as good for the PS3 cos it should stay the same good it's the 360 version that will most likely be worse. Not to say it will be they just have to port it onto the 360 cos they've been working on the PS3 version first.

Hmm the last time i checked the multiplatts are usually better on the 360. (not counting the ones where the PS3 versions needs 10 lonths longer development time, and even then the difference is 0,1/10 at best)
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 washimul
Member since 2006 • 841 Posts

AB_Uppercut

HEAVENLY SWORD i guess is DMC 4 but in a more realistic world..........this is why SONY is not investing in it .

Rather they are trying to make HS as realistic as possible.

Frankly speaking only LAIR can beat HS in terms of sheer fun.

SONY's 1st party titles like R&c, LAIR, WARHAWK ,KILLZONE 2 , HS ,MOTORSTORM are the most impressive in their respective genre.

dont forget the total production budget of LAIR surpasses 25 million and it is the most detailed game released till date.

After R&C footage was released at 1up..........my lust for 3rd party titles is simply gone.

I was a big fan of MGS4 and FF13...............but not anymore.

My aim has now shifted to HS and LAIR and probable GOD OF WAR 3

Faller88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Faller88
Member since 2006 • 7277 Posts

Normally ,I will get my PS3 on friday but after hearing this news ,well I'm sad to say I'm starting to doubt if I am really willing to pay 600 euros for a machine ,which has lost so many of the games that made PS2 last-gen number 1.

I'm not a fanboy but I've always leant more to Sony cause it was THE console when it came to RPGs ,so FF is kinda the only real reason for me to buy it ,and after FFX-2 and FFXII I've lost faith in the series.Since I have an X360 (Worst buy ever ,have a couple of supposedly "great" games ,I've finished none of them ,stopped playing on the system around new year.) and a Wii(Besides Zelda no real "must have" games ,yet for me it was mostly an impulse buy so I dont really care if it takes a while before something interesting comes out.) the loss of exclusives makes the buying of a PS3 allot less exiting then buying a PS2 back in the day.I don't really care about the money ,but atleast I want a true gamingconsole which is great because of its games ,not because it has a blue-ray player.(Which btw I'm gonna buy for in my livingroom anyway.)

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 emitsu97

...has lost so many of the games that made PS2 last-gen number 1.

Faller88

Here's what you should be looking at.  The titles that made the PS2 king last gen are exactly that, last gen.  This is the time for new IP's to enter the ring and bring a whole new experience to the masses.  Same old, same old is not gonna win anyone's attention this gen.
raualex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raualex
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
I hope (for sonys sake) that their g the market from both sides so that developers really won't have any other chance than to use thstrategy atm is: get as many ps3s out as possible because of the blu-ray & well known series. And that they are thinking about swampine ps3 as it's main hardware for developing games. Based on the fact (if the idea works) that there will too many ps3s out in homes around the world to ignore the machine. And because that tactic is quanti-quality kinda way it makes it risky (it's always hard to sell more than the others when your item is more expensive) so that's why they are pushing blu-ray, which is the larger market let's face it, to begin with and will hopefully get around to put the focus back on games when blu-ray & ps3 becomes a common item in households. But there's a lot of problems with this tactic, like sony doesn't own developers and the year advance which is really starting to show now. I doubt that Sony would loose any exclusives and would win over the xbox faster is they were launched simultaniously, but that's a lot of what ifs. Imo it won't be a real problem until sony straight out loses one game to the xbox, or if one of the ps3 main companies (Square-Enix is one of 'em) turn their back on sony.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AB_Uppercut

Trust me PS3 has a bright future, every new born tumbles at first but eventually he stands up. PS3 will gain more third party exclusives as time goes by and the developers learn to harness the power of PS3 plus by that time PS3 would have sold alot.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
Sony can't force someone to make a game for the ps3,and that goes for them 'buying' exclusive time to the ps3,let's face it not everyone wants to be bought.
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 washimul
[QUOTE="Faller88"]

...has lost so many of the games that made PS2 last-gen number 1.

emitsu97

Here's what you should be looking at.  The titles that made the PS2 king last gen are exactly that, last gen.  This is the time for new IP's to enter the ring and bring a whole new experience to the masses.  Same old, same old is not gonna win anyone's attention this gen.

exactly.

DMC 4 looks washed out compared to HS and LAIR.

WKS might also take some shine off FF13.

this s new gen with new IP domination.

Why do u think there is no hype for HALO 3????

after seeing CRYSIS and KZ 3 people want photorealism rather than decent fun

-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

Normally ,I will get my PS3 on friday but after hearing this news ,well I'm sad to say I'm starting to doubt if I am really willing to pay 600 euros for a machine ,which has lost so many of the games that made PS2 last-gen number 1.

I'm not a fanboy but I've always leant more to Sony cause it was THE console when it came to RPGs ,so FF is kinda the only real reason for me to buy it ,and after FFX-2 and FFXII I've lost faith in the series.Since I have an X360 (Worst buy ever ,have a couple of supposedly "great" games ,I've finished none of them ,stopped playing on the system around new year.) and a Wii(Besides Zelda no real "must have" games ,yet for me it was mostly an impulse buy so I dont really care if it takes a while before something interesting comes out.) the loss of exclusives makes the buying of a PS3 allot less exiting then buying a PS2 back in the day.I don't really care about the money ,but atleast I want a true gamingconsole which is great because of its games ,not because it has a blue-ray player.(Which btw I'm gonna buy for in my livingroom anyway.)

Faller88
you do know it's still coming for ps3, you can still buy it now so can 36O users. Looking at capcoms's strategy ps3 will probabley get Lost planet and dead rising.
Torous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Torous
Member since 2004 • 915 Posts
Well ps3 owners do not lose anything, they will still get the game . . . Only fanboys, the developer and stockholders have to lose or gain something from DMC going multiplatform. And because i don't belong in these categories and i can still get it for ps3, i don't care. You shouldn't care too.calandbolg
Not true. I am not a fanboy at all (Proud X360 owner,you can also check my posting history), but DMC4 in X360 is just not right for me...
sPOON_f33dU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sPOON_f33dU
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

Trust me PS3 has a bright future, every new born tumbles at first but eventually he stands up. PS3 will gain more third party exclusives as time goes by and the developers learn to harness the power of PS3 plus by that time PS3 would have sold alot.

AB_Uppercut

I agree, it's painful to see Capcom being M$'s female dog. What happened to the joy and honor of exclusives last gen?
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
Does it hurt? A bit, but I think the loss of DMC isn't as big as some will believe. Of all the "big" exclusives Sony has from third parties, this one is by far the smallest. Losing FF or MGS4 would be FAR more painful. But as someone pointed out, this gen, you're not going to see many 3rd party exclusives, especially amongst the 360/PS3/PC (to a lesser degree). It just costs too much to make a game, and the cost of porting is probably low enough that sales could justify it. So in many ways, it's really going to come down to 1st party titles. In the PSone era, Sony was crap up until near the end. Last generation, they really started bringing on some impressive games which continued to get better over the generation. I think they have a large enough first party development (the largest, actually) and some really strong franchises...perhaps some of the strongest. Just a small sampling of the IPs that you can only get on PS3: God of War Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Gran Turismo Ratchet and Clank Sly Cooper I'm sure there's more, but I haven't been a real Sony fan until recently. One other thing I'd like to point out- every generation, it seems that the games that really shift momentum are either completely new IPs or such a radical change of them that they feel completely different. Mario was a brand new character for the NES. While Genesis didn't win, Sonic really tipped the scales to give it a chance. FF7 was such a huge jump that it felt different than older generations, as well as new series such as MGS and Resident Evil gave the PSone the edge. Last generation, it was really GTA3 that tipped the balance towards the PS2. Halo is the only thing that got the Xbox off the ground. I can go on for a while, but I think the point is clear- the game(s) that are likely to really shift the balance in any way this generation is likely a franchise that doesn't exist yet or is such a radically different version that we won't recognize it until its here.
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 washimul
[QUOTE="Faller88"]

I'm not a fanboy but I've always leant more to Sony cause it was THE console when it came to RPGs ,so FF is kinda the only real reason for me to buy it ,and after FFX-2 and FFXII I've lost faith in the series.Since I have an X360 (Worst buy ever ,have a couple of supposedly "great" games ,I've finished none of them ,stopped playing on the system around new year.) and a Wii(Besides Zelda no real "must have" games ,yet for me it was mostly an impulse buy so I dont really care if it takes a while before something interesting comes out.) the loss of exclusives makes the buying of a PS3 allot less exiting then buying a PS2 back in the day.I don't really care about the money ,but atleast I want a true gamingconsole which is great because of its games ,not because it has a blue-ray player.(Which btw I'm gonna buy for in my livingroom anyway.)

-Y2J-

you do know it's still coming for ps3, you can still buy it now so can 36O users. Looking at capcoms's strategy ps3 will probabley get Lost planet and dead rising.

you still have DMC 4 on ps3........so you can get the game if you want.

AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AB_Uppercut

Does it hurt? A bit, but I think the loss of DMC isn't as big as some will believe. Of all the "big" exclusives Sony has from third parties, this one is by far the smallest. Losing FF or MGS4 would be FAR more painful. But as someone pointed out, this gen, you're not going to see many 3rd party exclusives, especially amongst the 360/PS3/PC (to a lesser degree). It just costs too much to make a game, and the cost of porting is probably low enough that sales could justify it. So in many ways, it's really going to come down to 1st party titles. In the PSone era, Sony was crap up until near the end. Last generation, they really started bringing on some impressive games which continued to get better over the generation. I think they have a large enough first party development (the largest, actually) and some really strong franchises...perhaps some of the strongest. Just a small sampling of the IPs that you can only get on PS3:

God of War

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus

Gran Turismo

Ratchet and Clank

Sly Cooper

I'm sure there's more, but I haven't been a real Sony fan until recently. One other thing I'd like to point out- every generation, it seems that the games that really shift momentum are either completely new IPs or such a radical change of them that they feel completely different.

Mario was a brand new character for the NES. While Genesis didn't win, Sonic really tipped the scales to give it a chance. FF7 was such a huge jump that it felt different than older generations, as well as new series such as MGS and Resident Evil gave the PSone the edge. Last generation, it was really GTA3 that tipped the balance towards the PS2. Halo is the only thing that got the Xbox off the ground. I can go on for a while, but I think the point is clear- the game(s) that are likely to really shift the balance in any way this generation is likely a franchise that doesn't exist yet or is such a radically different version that we won't recognize it until its here.Vampyronight

I agree, first party titles are the main reason I'm buying a PS3. I do believe that Sony will get 3rd party exclusive AAA titles but it wont be until next year, the developers will soon harness the power of PS3 and by that time PS3 would have sold alot.

I have already heard that SOE are working on 2 original IP's and I'm sure Sony will anounce more for the PS3, Original games is what gamers are gonna look for this gen because people already know about the old franchises so a fresh one would really be the deciding factor for any gamer.

I thnk Sony are working on a no. of originl IP's like Afrika, Eight days, White Knight Story and un-anounced Team Ico project.