Final Fantasy XIII-2, no not Final Fantasy Verus 13, actually FFXIII-2

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

Yes you heard right. Here the link to were I heard it. They say that it will most likly be a lot of the stuff left out of Final Fantasy XIII, like the DLC they were going to make but didn't. Since it says the Final Fantasy XIII team is working on a new project chances are it this they say, since the creator wanted to make this. And no this will not hold back Final Fantasy Verus XIII or Final Fantasy Agtio 13, since there being worked on by different teams. Lets hope this one is better then the normal Final Fantasy XIII. Lets hope they go back to the old system of battle instead of the new one. Final Fantasy XIII was a let down. Lets hope they make it up by this.

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

Really I want this game to actually be worthy enough for Final Fantasy fans like myself. I love Final Fantasy, and when Final Fantasy XIII came out I was happy, then I played it. I think it was a let down to all Final Fantasy fans, I played them all, except Final Fantasy 11 (then again most people don't count that one anyway) and really Final Fantasy 13 I think was the worse

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Really I want this game to actually be worthy enough for Final Fantasy fans like myself. I love Final Fantasy, and when Final Fantasy XIII came out I was happy, then I played it. I think it was a let down to all Final Fantasy fans, I played them all, except Final Fantasy 11 (then again most people don't count that one anyway) and really Final Fantasy 13 I think was the worse

Brawler-Dude
Never played FF13 but I saw gameplay and I was like ew.. I understand games are linear now but holy crap... How more linear can you get then FF13.
J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
When will it end? FF13 was a big dissapointment
lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

only thing worse than FF13 is a sequel to one of the worse games of this generation. this is horrible news and i bid you good day sir

lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordfalsus

i had to reply to this post again.... if this does happen i am protesting outside gamestop on the release date. and ill buy a copy and burn it

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
seems somewhat promising....but after seeing that atrocity known as ff13 im really not the psyched about this
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I love Final Fantasy. 10 and 8 being my favourite's but FF13 was so bad that i think i'll skip this one and wait for FF Versus.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Am I the only one who likes FFXIII?

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

hxczuner

yes you are considered part of the minority...most people didnt like...myself included

MDGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MDGoose
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

hxczuner

I was almost tempted to post exactly this... D':

I actually thought it was really good. Admittedly not the best, but still really good.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

MDGoose

I was almost tempted to post exactly this... D':

I actually thought it was really good. Admittedly not the best, but still really good.

i have to ask, good compared to what?

im not gonna go into the myriad of problems i had with the game. about the only thing i can't rip on are the graphics. if they make it i won't be getting ff13-2, i am still looking forward to ffvs13 as im not expecting it to be a traditional rpg, im expecting an action/adventure game and if the battle system pans out like its supposed to i think it'll bea lot of fun.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#13 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
FF XIII was not a terrible game...but it certainly was not at the level of other FF in the saga...not even close...also the history was just terrible...it was something that could be written by a 7 years old kid and I mean it...it didnt had any depth at all and it was not heart touching... also the battle system was not THAT bad but the battles were soooooooooooooooooooooooo long...every single battle was like 6 minutes long...
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

hxczuner

Don't worry friend, I liked it too. :)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Well, let's see how it turns out. Sure FF13 was a let down, but if I look back at the big change they made back in FF10 days, it might actually turn out good ^^ I'll most likely buy it because I just buy most games SE creates, even if they disappoint me more than they surprise me since FF12 :S It's like with Sonic games: I get them all even though most are horrible xD

dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

Interesting news.. I liked FF13 as well.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

No. Please dear god no! Honestly,I'd much prefer a Final Fantasy VII remake on the PS3 instead of a sequel to that trainreck known as Final Fantasy XIII. Not saying I want a VII remake but I'd gladly take one over a sequel to XIII.

Ugh, please, Square-Enix, don't waste time on this. XIII was a hollow corridor with pretty wall paper. We don't want any more.

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

Oh... no, please no... the horror...

l-laxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l-laxor
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

FF XIII-2, are they crazy? FF XIII is the worst game I've played on the PS3.

Great review by one of the best reviewers on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaTfEDcj164

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

Yes you heard right. Here the link to were I heard it. They say that it will most likly be a lot of the stuff left out of Final Fantasy XIII, like the DLC they were going to make but didn't. Since it says the Final Fantasy XIII team is working on a new project chances are it this they say, since the creator wanted to make this. And no this will not hold back Final Fantasy Verus XIII or Final Fantasy Agtio 13, since there being worked on by different teams. Lets hope this one is better then the normal Final Fantasy XIII. Lets hope they go back to the old system of battle instead of the new one. Final Fantasy XIII was a let down. Lets hope they make it up by this.

Brawler-Dude
I hardly doubt it will be any better. Personally I'd rather they not waste their time screwing up the FF franchise anymore than they already have. Only when they listen to their fans...and then proceed to follow through with fan expectations will FF be successful again.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JKnaperek

Well, let's see how it turns out. Sure FF13 was a let down, but if I look back at the big change they made back in FF10 days, it might actually turn out good ^^ I'll most likely buy it because I just buy most games SE creates, even if they disappoint me more than they surprise me since FF12 :S It's like with Sonic games: I get them all even though most are horrible xD

ArchoNils2
You do realize that you are amongst the crowd of people that perpetuate the creation of crap games. Buying crap games = more crap games being made. Thanks.
lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lordfalsus
[QUOTE="JKnaperek"][QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

You do realize that you are amongst the crowd of people that perpetuate the creation of crap games. Buying crap games = more crap games being made. Thanks.

exactly the only reason FF13 sold in the first place was hype. if they do release this it will not sell like the first one did
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I like Final Fantasy 13 and I hope for a sequel!

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

FFXIII was different, therefore it wasn't a good game? Nice logic PS3 board.

nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

if they change the battle system, add interesting side quests, change the story so it actually makes sense, try to build a connection between gamer and character, open up the play because its too linear, add a spaceship or something, include loads of secrets side quests as well, include a game like triple traid, blitzball, bring back the sphere grid, make summons useful not just look pretty

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

KH-mixerX
So because it was different i HAVE to like it..? I respect SE for trying something new they always do with the FF games but for me it didn't work.
Shadow-Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Shadow-Elite
Member since 2007 • 18289 Posts
I liked FFXIII but then again I didnt really like it. As a whole it was alright but so forgettable that I actually forgot I played it this year lol..
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

evilmaster2424

yes you are considered part of the minority...most people didnt like...myself included

hes the minority only on gamespot. The rest of the world thinks differently about this game

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

[QUOTE="evilmaster2424"]

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

reaver-x

hes the minority only on gamespot. The rest of the world thinks differently about this game

I guess I am in the minority too. I loved Final Fantasy 13, and I seem to be one of the few people here who like it.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JKnaperek

KH-mixerX
People didn't like it because it was a crap game with no creativity especially towards the end, not because it was different. Your logic is equally as unimpressive.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Coming out ONLY Summer 2018!

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

KH-mixerX
Different=/=good.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I enjoyed FFXIII.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Final Fantasy 13 just didn't feel like a Final Fantasy game in any way to me, Lost Odyssey would have been far more worthy of the title . Basically everything that drew me into the previous FF games just seemed like they were stripped out in FF13 till it basically felt like a sub-par tri-ace game(ala Infinite Undiscovery).

I would really like to see them go back to their roots in the next game rather than try to continue in the direction they took with 13.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KH-mixerX
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

JKnaperek
People didn't like it because it was a crap game with no creativity especially towards the end, not because it was different. Your logic is equally as unimpressive.

It wasn't a crap game. Ever since FFXII, they've been trying new things with the series, and everyone's been *****ing and moaning about it constantly. Both FFXII and FFXIII are completely competent games. But since they dared to step out of the realm of familiarity, everyone has to jump on the hate wagon. Do you have to like them? No. But disliking a game doesn't make it crap.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

i had to reply to this post again.... if this does happen i am protesting outside gamestop on the release date. and ill buy a copy and burn it

lordfalsus

So, you're gonna protest by buying the game? SE doesn't care if you burn it, you bought and supported their game.... :roll:

Anyways, I'm in the minority here in Gamespot as well. I enjoyed FFXIII, but it wasn't the greatest either. People hyped it too much, thinking it was gonna be the next FF7. If only people actually listened to what SE said in the first place about the game, less people would've gotten it, and there would've been less whining about it. I played it for what it was, not what I wanted it to be.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

it was just a passing remark made by Kitase in an interview - the game is not being made nor is there any concrete plan for the production. i love FFXIII and i welcome a XIII-2, but this thread is built on a fundamentally wrong premise.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

[QUOTE="JKnaperek"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

KH-mixerX

It wasn't a crap game. Ever since FFXII, they've been trying new things with the series, and everyone's been *****ing and moaning about it constantly. Both FFXII and FFXIII are completely competent games. But since they dared to step out of the realm of familiarity, everyone has to jump on the hate wagon. Do you have to like them? No. But disliking a game doesn't make it crap.

don't try, mate... it's not gonna work here. been there and done that. we bought and loved the game and that's what counts.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

[QUOTE="JKnaperek"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

KH-mixerX

for a mediocre jrpg they're not bad. for the name final fantasy they're crap. ff12 had an open world with useless summons yet another "war" plot that wwas too twisty and turny for its own good which had an incredibly anticlimatic ending (let us not forget the bubble requirement for beating the game). ff13 was a long corridor with no towns, a meh battle system that doesn't let you have much control over your characters, forgettable music, 20+ hours of cg that tell no story (you'll need to spend a couple hours reading datalogs if you want to understand whats going on) and cliche anime characters mostly with the personality of ice coolers.

having been a fan since ff1 and playing it when it originally came out, i feel confident when i say ff13 was crap.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="JKnaperek"] People didn't like it because it was a crap game with no creativity especially towards the end, not because it was different. Your logic is equally as unimpressive.Jinroh_basic

don't try, mate... it's not gonna work here. been there and done that. we bought and loved the game and that's what counts.

This, its pointless to argue with haters. Their opinions are "the facts" and when everyone else doesn't see it the same way, they're wrong. Always. :|

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KH-mixerX

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="JKnaperek"] People didn't like it because it was a crap game with no creativity especially towards the end, not because it was different. Your logic is equally as unimpressive.z4twenny

for a mediocre jrpg they're not bad. for the name final fantasy they're crap. ff12 had an open world with useless summons yet another "war" plot that wwas too twisty and turny for its own good which had an incredibly anticlimatic ending (let us not forget the bubble requirement for beating the game). ff13 was a long corridor with no towns, a meh battle system that doesn't let you have much control over your characters, forgettable music, 20+ hours of cg that tell no story (you'll need to spend a couple hours reading datalogs if you want to understand whats going on) and cliche anime characters mostly with the personality of ice coolers.

having been a fan since ff1 and playing it when it originally came out, i feel confident when i say ff13 was crap.

Nice opinion.
Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

lordfalsus
How useful. Give them your money anyway.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

hxczuner

no i like it final fantasy 13 great jrpg but if square make sequel change the gameplay

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

evilmaster2424

i like the game too very much , don't worry there are enough people who like it , its just the haters are more loud with their opinions

Dark_Kaden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dark_Kaden
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts
FF13 was NOT the worst. I'm also a huge FF fan and I loved it. Only X, XII and VII were better than 13.
pauljames1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pauljames1986
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

I just picked up XIII for £10 so i'm hoping it's at least ok, lol.

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

Oh... no, please no... the horror...

Marmotas

This lol