Final Fantasy XIII destoying PS3's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I've heard stories of Final Fantasy XIII destroying PS3's... So basically, before I continue playing, i would like some clarification.

Did this happen to you? If so, what PS3 was it? a Phat? a slim? How long did it take?If you played it and nothing happened, what PS3 were you using?

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

you should prolly throw your ps3 out of a moving car if your playing that garbage game anyways

lordfalsus

:lol:

But to be on-topic, it's safe to play. Why would a publisher release a game that breaks your PS3?

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lazyathew

[QUOTE="lordfalsus"]

you should prolly throw your ps3 out of a moving car if your playing that garbage game anyways

hanslacher54

But to be on-topic, it's safe to play. Why would a publisher release a game that breaks your PS3?

Could be a mistake of some kind. Personally, I kinda doubt it, but I just wannahear about some experiences.Just to be safe.

Did you play the game?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I played it and beat it fine on a PS3 slim... bad game, but won't wreck your ps3.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lazyathew

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

[QUOTE="hanslacher54"]

lordfalsus

Could be a mistake of some kind. Personally, I kinda doubt it, but I just wanna get some other opinions and be safe.

Did you play the game?

yea i played that turd you call a game. and know it didnt break my old phat ps3 but it did lower my self esteem and ruin my life.. oh it also gave me a brain tumour, your ps3 will be fine but everything else in your life will go to hell

Hm... I see. But I take it you probably didn't finish the game huh? Did ya get very far? I'm just thinking it might take some time before it happens.

Just an estimate of how many hours ya spent would be nice, or if ya still have the game it will say the exact time...

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Heard rumours of the same useless trash.... Probably just a vicious rumour to try and boycott the game... The game was supposed to overwrite or delete boot up files i think but have only heard this from hear-say.
darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
I've been playing it friday and today with no problems on my phat PS3, its got beautiful graphics n all but the gameplay is boring to me.
Avatar image for Zero_resistance
Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Zero_resistance
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

I didn't have a problem with it.

It didn't break my PS3, but it did break my heart (cause it was so bad)

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lazyathew

Zero_resistance

lol, Does anybody like this game? lol Meh, I don't care, i wanna play it anyway.

Was it a Phat you were using? or a slim?

Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zero_resistance

[QUOTE="Zero_resistance"]

lazyathew

lol, Does anybody like this game? lol Meh, I don't care, i wanna play it anyway.

Phat, 80 gb, 2 USB's

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lazyathew

[QUOTE="lazyathew"]

[QUOTE="Zero_resistance"]

Zero_resistance

Phat, 80 gb, 2 USB's

Cool, just like mine. Except mine has has 4 USBs... But I doubt that makes a difference.

Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zero_resistance

I wouldn't think so, but if it has 4 USB's it sounds like one of the old skool gens and prone to YLOD.

But that sholdn't stop the game from working

smsnsimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 smsnsimba
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

I've heard stories of Final Fantasy XIII destroying PS3's... So basically, before I continue playing, i would like some clarification.

Did this happen to you? If so, what PS3 was it? a Phat? a slim? How long did it take?If you played it and nothing happened, what PS3 were you using?

lazyathew
I'm using the original 60GB PS3, played it for over 60 hours, and even did a 7 hour stretch without any problems. I've even installed a 500GB 7200RPM drive which you'd think would generate a lot of heat as well but it's still running like a champ.
Avatar image for solidsnake10123
solidsnake10123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 solidsnake10123
Member since 2008 • 396 Posts

played the game for over 60 hours. adn im still fine. the gaems crap. its wasnt even worth beating i got all the way to the boss. and i decided instead of beating it ill jsut watch the ending on youtube. and after wacthing the ened it complelty confirmed that its not worth comnpleting. if you have any self repsect for yourself then you should go plkaya real rpg like valkyria chroniclesevilmaster2424

that games funny becuase its a japnese game about killing nazis

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Mine is not affected in anyway shape or form.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Mines fine and Im pretty much half way through the game. Its taken me since the release to get through the first half (Its just SOO boring!) but I finally got there, gee at this fast right I might finish the game by April of next year :lol:

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

just one of those silly rumours spread by haters. i played it for 10 hours straight in my first sitting. nothing wrong.

WolfBlackRiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WolfBlackRiver
Member since 2009 • 250 Posts

i've seen similar rumors and cries about other games:

Uncharted 2 broke my PS3

COD4 broke my PS3

MW2 broke my PS3

Killzone 2 broke my PS3

see the pattern???

someone's PS3 OR 360 decides to kick the bucket right after playing a newer game and the game is blamed!

sportivoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 sportivoo
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts
I heard about that but nothing happen to mine I've playing the game for 107 hours :)
jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

proboly some FF fanboy BS to try and stop peaple from buying the game

anyone esle remember the rumor about FFX corrupting game data. they always do someting stupid like that. go ahead and play it. nothing will happen to it. ive put 79 hours into it now and with the exception of me accidently cutting the power to my ps3 while playing it i havent gotten a prolem with it

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

just one of those silly rumours spread by haters. i played it for 10 hours straight in my first sitting. nothing wrong.

Jinroh_basic
10 hours straight. lucky. i had to go to sleep becouse of work so i only went 4 hours straight in my first sitting. but i pretty much crushed 50% of the game that week(and pretty much any contact to the outside world that week)
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
Mine was a Slim. Never really had any problems with it.
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

I've played the game for more than 100 hours in my slim and I never had problems. It didn't even freeze at all.

Karnya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Karnya
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts

My ps3 broke whilst playing ff13 but im pretty sure it was more to do with not playingmy ps for4 months than doing a 5 hour stretch lol

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#30 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I just got the game a few days ago it's been playing fine in my 80GB PS3. I think it's a decent game no where as good as VII or VIII but I miss going into the villages and the little towns and I cannot stand that Hope character and Sazh is the best.

TommyT456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#31 TommyT456
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts
I played on a slim and completed the game (cant remember but was about 60 hours I think) and experienced no problems at all, this thread is the 1st I have heard of it
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Pointless FF13 bashing aside... I put over 100 hours in FFXIII without any problems on the Slim. Haters probably just spreading rumors, because they got nothing else to do apparently. :roll:

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Wow, lots of pointless bashing. Anyway OP, if it makes you feel comfortable, I played FFXIII for over 125 hrs total on my 80gb 4 usb PS3, no problems at all.

Avatar image for bloodsokedraven
bloodsokedraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 bloodsokedraven
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

I played it on my PS3 slim, the only thing it will break is solidarity that FF will make it to XV

smsnsimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 smsnsimba
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

I played it on my PS3 slim, the only thing it will break is solidarity that FF will make it to XV

bloodsokedraven
Did seeing that word in repeatedly in FF XIII ironically move you to use it in everyday diction? Lol--good stuff. On a side, I'm playing FF VI right now and unlocked all of Shadow's dreams for the first time--something I missed in my first play through many years ago. Your avatar just reminded me.
Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

It broke mine and my ps3 spirit
we started fighting over the gun... we broke it and now noone can forget the game :(

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
With 80+ hours on FFXIII, it is safe to say that it does not destroy PS3's. I have a Slim
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
You shouldnt even look at it or even buy it its the worst RPG this gen.johny300
I'm on the same boat as you. I bought the game the first week of availability and i stop playing it near the end. The gameplay was so boring that i even forgot haven't finished it and continue playing other games, even some of the fonts are so small that may bother you if you don't have a very big TV. For me this game is the biggest disappointment in RPG and gaming history. One word to describe the game is BORING.
famunda666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 famunda666
Member since 2010 • 167 Posts

[QUOTE="johny300"]You shouldnt even look at it or even buy it its the worst RPG this gen.soulreaper-4
I'm on the same boat as you. I bought the game the first week of availability and i stop playing it near the end. The gameplay was so boring that i even forgot haven't finished it and continue playing other games, even some of the fonts are so small that may bother you if you don't have a very big TV. For me this game is the biggest disappointment in RPG and gaming history. One word to describe the game is BORING.

Im with you guys on this one, worst FF ever, one of the worst RPG's ever, dumbed down, and boring as heck, but I will be honest, there hasn't been a FF game thats moved me or been more enjoyable to play then FF6 (ff3 on the SNES) and ff7 was even better.

FF 13 was trash, rubbish, garbage, discraceful, and completely an utter failure, as far as the FF series is concerned. Treat it like the japanese do in Godzilla movies and RUN FROM IT! The only thing it will destroy is your wallet and soul.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Can't log into PSN, PSN network down :arrow: PS3 broke my internet.

Real problem: your router.

YLOD while playing FF13 :arrow: FF13 broke my ps3

Real problem: your PS3 YLOD'd during the 60 hour trek into FF13.

It just makes people feel better by having to blame it on one particular thing.

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I heard the rumor. The guy filed a class action lawsuit stating that he bought FF XIII on release day, starting playing the game, it made his PS 3 then it wouldn't work. Makes me wonder how do we know his PS 3 wasn't about to break anyway due to something else?

Enforcer246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Enforcer246
Member since 2008 • 601 Posts

Some people just have $hitty luck, the game has nothing to do with it.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

lazyathew
I Played it, nothing happen, one day i turned on my PS3 while i went to my room get a thumb drive to watch a manga the thing YLOD. I've fix it myself like 4 times now, lasts about a week and dies again on me. Oh its a Euro release 60GB model by the way. Put it simple, imagine a nail on a board near a air port, the more planes pass, the more loose the nail will became with the vibration, thats what the YOLD is in a nut shell. So it can happen like it happen to me, one day it just pop loose. Do demanding games help it? Well idk for sure but i guess, but know this, most games take like 90~100% of the PS3 processing power, if you ever saw a frame rate drop, thats over 100% People tend to think the best looking games are the more demanding on the hardware but thats not really true, what they are is more efficient, other games that don't look as good squeeze the same power from the hardware (or more because of frame rate drop) so if making the CPU&GPU work at full steam helps to YLOD, then pretty much every game do that on the PS3.