Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid Xbox360 bound?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

"We learned that Square Enix was apparently asking for a large monetary compensation for the port, while Microsoft maintained that they did not want to pay for the cost of PlayStation 3 development on the title. Despite the difference of opinion it appears that the two companies are close to reaching an agreement that will bring the blockbuster RPG to the 360"

"We set out to get additional sources on the story and while chasing them down learned that Microsoft was also very close to reaching an agreement with Konami regarding Metal Gear Solid 4. Konami apparently also requested significant monetary compensation, but if our sources are to be believed the end result is looking like it will remain the same: Microsoft is close to reaching a deal which will bring MGS4 to the 360."

http://emaglive.com/index.php?showtopic=1988

__-Vickfan4-__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 __-Vickfan4-__
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts
Iam defiantly tired of hearing about this topic. It is not going to happen for either game. They are staying on the PS3.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Wow when does this stop BOTH COMPANIES HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT THEYRE PS3 EXCLUSIVES give it up...
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts
This topic should be closed any minute now.
dooguesgoober4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dooguesgoober4
Member since 2003 • 333 Posts
This just goes to show you how low microsoft will go just to get games on their system...PS3 has these games on their systems because they have built a partnership and friendship with these companies and have shown and proved that being only on their system that they will make enough money. Microsoft doesnt have that....they have to fork up money just to get games on their platform....i think the rumor is sad to me.
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

Wow when does this stop BOTH COMPANIES HAVE ALREADY SAID THAT THEYRE PS3 EXCLUSIVES give it up...G-Legend

That was saidBEFORE this came to surface

-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts

So 'Only on PS3' means nothing at the end of the TGS trailers? Kojima's word and adamant stance against porting the game means nothing?

Drop the damn rumors and move on :|

This just goes to show you how low microsoft will go just to get games on their system...PS3 has these games on their systems because they have built a partnership and friendship with these companies and have shown and proved that being only on their system that they will make enough money. Microsoft doesnt have that....they have to fork up money just to get games on their platform....i think the rumor is sad to me.dooguesgoober4

I have to agree.

thelynxeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thelynxeffect
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
even if final fantasy went to xbox360 they would need more then 1 disk due to the fact how big it will be :)
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

I can see Metal Gear going to 360 later in 2009, but I dont see final fantasy. I dont think FF will sell well and I think SS knows that, but theMGS4 will sell well on the 360 face it people. It is up to the PS3 owners to go out and hype and buy MGS4 so it will get the money it deserves. I for one could care less.

Plus all the MGS's on xbox sucked to me... the controls did not feel right but if they do get it good for them.

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
Hey look! Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid are getting more free publicity! :shock:
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts

I can see Metal Gear going to 360 later in 2009, but I dont see final fantasy. I dont think FF will sell well and I think SS knows that, but theMGS4 will sell well on the 360 face it people. It is up to the PS3 owners to go out and hype and buy MGS4 so it will get the money it deserves. I for one could care less.

Plus all the MGS's on xbox sucked to me... the controls did not feel right but if they do get it good for them.

baller72

i agree and also disagree. i can see mgs4 porting over in a few years but i dont think it will sell all that well. loos at the past history, mgs games on the ps2 that got ported to the xbox didn't do remarkebly well, splinter cell has heald the stealth action genre crown for the xbox. this is vice versa for the ps systems, splinter cell hasn't really sold well on the ps 2 or 3 and mgs has been wearing the dominant crown. each system has a niche and i dont think mgs fills it for the majority of the 360 owners.if anything the only reason that people want mgs4 on the 360 is so fanboys can gloat about it and tout that the ps3 is dead.

DiamanteLouco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DiamanteLouco
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

baller72

Agreed.

I think it's easier for Square to make a whole new game for the Xbox360 than to break exclusivity. They are making the game on the PS3, with the characterists of the PS3 in mind. It's to wonder if a port will even be possible, even if they want to. (probably yes, but anyway).

As of MGS4, wouldn't be a surprise to see MGS4: Substance to the Xbox360; it's actually kind of expected.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
this is more of a 360 related topic. post in there or in System Wars please. :)
DiamanteLouco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DiamanteLouco
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="baller72"]

Col_Swamp

i agree and also disagree. i can see mgs4 porting over in a few years but i dont think it will sell all that well. loos at the past history, mgs games on the ps2 that got ported to the xbox didn't do remarkebly well, splinter cell has heald the stealth action genre crown for the xbox. this is vice versa for the ps systems, splinter cell hasn't really sold well on the ps 2 or 3 and mgs has been wearing the dominant crown. each system has a niche and i dont think mgs fills it for the majority of the 360 owners.if anything the only reason that people want mgs4 on the 360 is so fanboys can gloat about it and tout that the ps3 is dead.

This made me think.

And may be a uninformed guess and obviously a gross generalization, but maybe Xbox360 users are more the action type and PS3 users like to enjoy good storylines.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

This topic should be closed any minute now.el_rika
I didn't see you on the reporting list. :|

Seriously, this board is called PlayStation 3. Remember that.