Final Fantasy 13 help (Gigantuar mission)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuro-shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kuro-shinigami
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
Plz reply to this I've looked everywhere for this answer! How do you defeat the gigantuar in Final Fantasy Xiii? My team is Hope (rav) as leader with Snow (sen) and lightning (com). My team seems to get picked off one by one with 10000 needles and sometimes he just goes for me in the first hit which kills me instantly! I need heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllpppppppppp!
monker490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 monker490
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

I think 2 speed sashes or 1 speed and 1 energy sash on the party leader lets you get a lucky break, which is basically an instant stagger. Just switch to all commandos after that and you've a got an easy 5 stars. But yu'll have to be patient it's not easy to get a lucky break

kuro-shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kuro-shinigami
I think lightning has that ability but for the triple com, does that mean I should switch hope for another character since his attack is pretty weak? And would equipping lightning with the lionhearted help with the instant stagger ability?
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Equipping upgraded weapons decreases your rating by the way.

monker490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 monker490
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

No you don't need need the quick stagger because you won't be able to reach the stagger limit the normal way. And you don't necessarily need three commandos. 2 commandos and 1 ravager should do.

kuro-shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kuro-shinigami
Yes! I've finally beat it! Thanks for all your help! Now theres another mission I'm stuck at... I can't seem to beat the Raktavija in the titans trial or the mission Where you have to face 2 of them. When fighting only one I can stagger it once but can't kill It off yet, then once it multicasts aeroga and ruinga Together then It's a gameover plus I can't death spam it either since it's immune to it.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

To beat the Rak, I equipped Vanille with a lot of magic resistance items. I try to switch to a paradigm with a medic, a sentinel and a ravager before it does its magical attack. Then, I switch to a paradigm like commando-medic-synergist if someone died or commando-medic-saboteur/ravager if nobody died. If Vanille dies, I use renew. I try to keep protect and protectra on my team at all times.

Against 2 Raks, I think you can use the pre-emptive shroud and kill one quickly.

kuro-shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kuro-shinigami
Should I wait until I unlocked the final stage of the crystarium? Or is it beatable earlier on? If I go continue in Eden now, would I have to finish the game to unlock the final stage of the crystarium Or is there something else before the final battle?
kuro-shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kuro-shinigami
Thanks to every one who helped me through this mission! I'm finally done and dusted with Final fantasy 13! Can't wait for the sequel coming next year!