fanboys fanboys fanboys galore!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
Well I went into hollywood video just to check out some movies and a game with my mom. So I come acroos Genji and I had thought "cool they have PS3 games now only if I had one LOL", but then I look at the cover and it says it's for PS2 ( sorry if I am late on just getting the news that it was released for PS2). So I get it just to try it out even though it had bad scores. I go to the check out line and the guy is checking it out and I ask "is this really for PS2 or did you just accidently put it in there"? So he completely ignores my question and goes "Man don't even buy the PS3 man it doesnt offer anything special it not even worth it and the only thing it has is a blueray player". Now I'm thinking WTf that's not what I ask. My mom ask him do you have one? He says no he has a 360. Then all of a sudden all I could think of is "BINGO 360 FANBOY". I'm tellin you man these fanboys are ignorant.
chaoticdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 chaoticdoom
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts
i was gettin fight night round 3 at wal-mart and as i was checking out, the guy starts goin off about how great the wii and how the ps3 has no CLASS, i had to hold myself back.... fanboyism at its worse, he said the ps3 had no "innovation" while the wii was a break through of modern science.....
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

i was gettin fight night round 3 at wal-mart and as i was checking out, the guy starts goin off about how great the wii and how the ps3 has no CLASS, i had to hold myself back.... fanboyism at its worse, he said the ps3 had no "innovation" while the wii was a break through of modern science.....chaoticdoom

I hate that, sometimes I can't control myself and I get angry, because of people's ignorance. Especially when it comes to 360 vs PS3, not that the 360 is bad I just don't like to hear the PS3 compared to it and GeOW and the PS3 getting bashed, or when it comes to the Wii's controller and sixaxis.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scarletred
yep and if i wanted innovation i would buy the new falcon controller for the PC for innovation. That way i get better graphics AND a new innovative way to play games. I remember when the duck shooting game with the gun came out. Sure it was fun for a while but for me and my brother it got really old really old really fast.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Fanboy exposed by kid's mom. A Heraldo Rivera special report.

Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts

seriously! this is getting annoying... people need to keep their opinions when working in a store (customer service) to themselves... only speak when spoken to!

THIS is seriously getting on my nerve... OMG! people buy what they want! and like what they want!

they try to mislead you so you buy a 360 so 360 wont fail thus their investment.

Look at xbox! omg fanboys I hate them all~!

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scarletred
I wouldn't classify myself as a kid. Unless they still do classify 15 and 16 year olds as kids..... but anyway the thing that really got me was when he tried to say that the 360 cost more than the PS3. Sure it does if you buy it alone with no other add ons but I nearly wanted to just explode on telling him that if you add it all up (360 with all the stuff it would need to equal the PS3) it cost 100 dollars more for the 360 than to just get a PS3.
hellrazor06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hellrazor06
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
well, 360 fanboys are under educated so there dumbness and lack of knowledge is to be expected (from what ive read and seen)
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
Well, it isn't worth it now, he has little truth in that statement, but he does sound like a fanboy. If he wasn't a fanboy, he would have answered your question like a good employee, instead of going off like that.
MK24ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MK24ever
Member since 2004 • 101 Posts
Next time, shoot him in the head! That's for some reason you guys in America can buy guns as we in Portugal buy candys.
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
very anonnying every ebgame or gamestop i go to they say the ps3 sucks i went to pre-order some ps3 games yesterday Motorstorm one they said its going to be bad i wanted to grab full auto 2 they said that sucked to so i said you just lost a customer and walked out went to another gamestop and the same thing happend but i just ignored this guy and said im a customer and i dont need your opinion i came here to get these games now ring them up he did with evilook on his face im never going to ebgames or gamestop again
king_of_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 king_of_metal
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Wii fanboys are the worst. They say that Wii is innovative, but why? The motion sensitive controllers? No, Nintendo actually stole that from Microsoft. In 1999 Microsoft released some games for PC that came with a motion sensitive controller, but I guess fanboys are to busy bashing to get their facts straight.
DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 DylanDJK
Member since 2005 • 2001 Posts

Uhmm i only had this happen at Best Biased, but for soem reason ever since the PS3 launch, they havent given me problems. I was looking at the games(pre-launch, november 10-13) and the guy was like "dont buy a PS3, the suck bad and have no good games and costs more then a 360". I replied with "future shop is down the street, they seem to have PS3 stuff so i will go there" and thats were all my games(besides Genji) and the PS3 were all purchased. There are 4 eb games in my city, 3 big ones and 1 SMALL one, the small one isnt good at stocking anything so i dont consider them.

Out of these 3 stores, 2 of the 3 are good, but the 3rd one, WOW, guy was hating the PS3 sooo much. The one i like most is the one where the guy is non-biased to anything. He likes all consoles. Im going to pre-order motorstorm someday soon from him too.

crs_w01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crs_w01
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts
well, 360 fanboys are under educated so there dumbness and lack of knowledge is to be expected (from what ive read and seen)hellrazor06
ok man so owning a 360 means your uneducated? seek help, and fast!
pettman1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pettman1970
Member since 2004 • 1164 Posts
You PS3 exclusive guys need to chill and stop trying to validate you choice to stay with one system alone. If it's your choice to go with a system that has little games and a very high price tag then ignore the people that question your logic. I for one don't belive for a second that the PS3 will fail or even do poorly but it is a choice of mine not because of price but for content to not purchase one at this time. My only gripe with Sony is that it is slow to respond to a changing marketplace. Everytime I go to retail store someone just has to start up a PS3 vs 360 rant all the while the Wii is selling milions along side the 360. I believe all this negative press that Sony is getting now will be good for the company in the long run. Sony needs competition.
hellrazor06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hellrazor06

[QUOTE="hellrazor06"]well, 360 fanboys are under educated so there dumbness and lack of knowledge is to be expected (from what ive read and seen)crs_w01
ok man so owning a 360 means your uneducated? seek help, and fast!

theres a difference between actually owning a 360  and being a fan boy who wants to b!tch non stop with BS if you think everyone that owns a 360 is a fanboy id suggest you seek help and fast your self, also i didnt SAY owning a 360 makes you under educated, get a clue

vince7669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vince7669
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
I am a big sony fan and i have never pushed what i feel about it on anyone, hell i even owned a 360 for a year.(also a xbox,gamecube,ps1&2, n64,supernes,sega genesis,original sega,and so onand so on) But i can say i have encountered this same attitude as the original poster has. One occasion in particular was when i was in staples purchasing a new wireless router for my house. The staples employee(who was helpful at first) asked me what i was going to be using it for. I explained mainly for gaming in my house, and my latop. Then i proceeded to tell him that i was planning on getting a ps3 also to use in my network(this was back in oct by the way). He just about had a stroke, he told me that was a big mistake, how stupid could i be to buy into that, that the 360 is all that i needed . I politely said " I dont mean to be rude but im not here to argue with you on which system you think is better, i just came to buy a router and that was it." This infuriated him even more he just stared at me in the face with a dirty look. Then finally walked away. My point is the 360 fanboyism i have encountered is bad, it has to stop. Everytime i go into me local ebgames to look at a ps3 game or to purchase them the employees there make smart ass remarks. Sometimes getting other customers to join in too. The thing is all video games are great thats why we are all into them. Wether its xbox,xbox360, ps3, wii, gamecube,ps2,ps1,sega it is all fun and always will be. We all have the free will to choose and pick what we like .Why be so critical on other peoples choices of taste!!!!!!. 
dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dsmusician
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
all you have to say is... opinions are like ******* everyone has one and they all stink!!!! that will usually shut them up.
Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts

well, 360 fanboys are under educated so there dumbness and lack of knowledge is to be expected (from what ive read and seen)hellrazor06

Speaking of education............is "dumbness" an actual word?! :D  (just kidding, having some fun)

hellrazor06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hellrazor06

[QUOTE="hellrazor06"]well, 360 fanboys are under educated so there dumbness and lack of knowledge is to be expected (from what ive read and seen)Creeping_Wolf

Speaking of education............is "dumbness" an actual word?! :D  (just kidding, having some fun)

haha dont ask that word just came to mind when i thought of 360 fanboys :D hmm how covenient ehh :roll:

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
Just an FYI...starting topics to whine about fanboys is stupid.
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scarletred
I'm not starting a topic that is "whining" about fanboys. It is just a topic that I thought would be a funny story because at first I didn't believe that people actually try to get you to nt buy a PS3 and that they would confront you about it. But then that happened and I was like OMG it's true. I actually think it is kind of pathetic and funny. It's kind of ironic how the way microsoft has been buying in to everything to have more of an advantage and that the fanboys are "in a way" trying to buy you in to believeing all of their biased crap.
Rentago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 Rentago
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
I'm not starting a topic that is "whining" about fanboys. It is just a topic that I thought would be a funny story because at first I didn't believe that people actually try to get you to nt buy a PS3 and that they would confront you about it. But then that happened and I was like OMG it's true. I actually think it is kind of pathetic and funny. It's kind of ironic how the way microsoft has been buying in to everything to have more of an advantage and that the fanboys are "in a way" trying to buy you in to believeing all of their biased crap.Scarletred
Yeah, though I only only a 360, fanboys are all around us and most are a dick. I had a whole blog on some of the stupidest things I've heard around the web from fanboys. Though for one of you above saying 360 fanboys are "dumbness" that cracks me up I should use that word myself, but anyways dumbasses support any console mostly kids. The only way an argument starts is when one dumbass and just because you guys are PS3 owners and I'm not trying to piss you off, but its an example of not just 360 fanboys, this dude started saying: "OOOOOHH YEAAAAAHH! YOU **** ARE OWNED BY THE PS3!11!!! THE ONLY WAY YOU GET 1080ip support is if you go buy the elite! YOU BOYS BEEN RIPPED! (It went on alittle more but it didn't really make any sense and I don't remember) It went something like that it was on that Microsoft Cooking figure thing. Though everyone already knows there was an update it truely doesn't matter to me. Though by far I like to see stuff like this because it shows how much work they put into it. I like to leave this open because someone is going to report me for no reason, usualy a kid.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
ok sony fanboys are just as bad, same w/ nintendo fanboys get over it....
KraigA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 KraigA
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
man.. at least when I go to a store *cough: Game: (best store): cough* they're friendly and go like "woow ps3 games, is it good?" or "xbox is great" - they'll say anything just to agree with u and make u walk away with a smile - well at least the more senior ones are.. the n00bs tht are just there part time high school are like :roll: yeah ok, $90 for this game (which is how much ps3 games cost here..:|)
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

why don't i ever meet a fanboy like that?

The only guy I ever met like that said theat the xbox360 had the best graphics and no super pc could ever come close..

Even after explaining how games are made on pc's and some of the specs he still went on about how amazing it looked on his hdtv and that no super computer comes close..

i just called him a dumbass and went to the pc section ;)Â