Fallout 3 or TES Oblivion ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daisuke_2342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Daisuke_2342
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

Hey guys , i would like to have some opinions on both games because both theses games look great and fun. I have already played TES Skyrim so i am a little more familiar with the elder scrolls series than the Fallout series.

Thanks !:)

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#2 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Go with Fallout 3, or even better go with Fallout: New Vegas.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

If you played Skyrim and liked it, chances are you'll love Oblivion.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#4 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Oblivion has a lot more to do in it and will keep you busy longer, but I think Fallout 3's world is a lot more interesting and atmospheric, and everything just feels higher quality. Or you can get a mix of the two and go with New Vegas. Personally, I like Fallout 3 the best though.

Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts
Fallout 3, after playing Skyrim it's just impossible for me to play Oblivion.
Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

i say get oblivion. i'm not a big fan of fallout and there is alot more to do in oblivion. also if you have an xbox then you don't have to choose because you can get the fallout 3/oblivion double pack for $20

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'd say Oblivion, but that has a lot to do with the Fallout 3 world boring me most of the time (a big exception is the DC area with its really cool indoor sections). Though, the Fallout 3 GOTY edition is pretty cheap now as well as Fallout New Vegas so it may be a good idea to look into those as well. Still, I'd say if you can get past the bad facial animations go for Oblivion, GOTY if possible as it's not that much more and the expansion (Shivering Isles) is pretty entertaining.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Definitely give Fallout 3 a go, and if you like that check out New Vegas afterwards. I can't say anything about Oblivion, but I have played Skyrim and really enjoy it. So if you've played one game from either series and liked it, chances are you'll also like the other ones.
SolidCLOUD_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidCLOUD_
Member since 2012 • 84 Posts
get Fallout 3, Oblivion doesn't feature trophies, and some DLC is not available on the PS3... but if you don't care about that, still get Fallout 3(and possibly New Vegas) There's a chance you might not like Oblivion since Skyrim is an Action Adventure game compared to it; it is more RPG-heavy.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
get fallout 3 &vegas
Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

get Fallout 3, Oblivion doesn't feature trophies, and some DLC is not available on the PS3... but if you don't care about that, still get Fallout 3(and possibly New Vegas) There's a chance you might not like Oblivion since Skyrim is an Action Adventure game compared to it; it is more RPG-heavy. SolidCLOUD_

the only oblivion dlc that isn't available on ps3 is the small dlc like the horse armor so that is no big deal. the trophies is no big deal either because not everybody cares about the trophies. oblivion is still a game worth buying regardless of what it does and doesn't have

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

Hey guys , i would like to have some opinions on both games because both theses games look great and fun. I have already played TES Skyrim so i am a little more familiar with the elder scrolls series than the Fallout series.

Daisuke_2342

both games are great, but id suggest the fallout 3 or maybe better yet fallout new vegas if for no ther reason than you already have skyrim and oblivion while a great game is also set in the same world and in that way is simular while the fallout games are a lolt def. the game play is of course faily simular other than VATS, but the feel of the worlds are drasticly def. fallout 3 and NV have a really dark humor and sorta wacky tone to them. be prepaired in ether case for a pretty notieable drop in graphical quality lol, skyrim had amazing enviroments ect while the fall out games are farly bland being set in a post apocaliptic world ect and also has a lot more jaggies ect, not a huge deal just something u should be ready for ;) im currently in the middle of another fallout NV play through and loveing it ;). fallout 3 is also a great one. in any event make dang sure you patch up! i found the fallout games had less major bugs vs skyrim but a lot more freeze ups and crashs, both got better after some patching but even still they will lock up now and then. so again be ready for that. totaly worth it though if you like that type of game.

ra84ma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ra84ma
Member since 2012 • 159 Posts

[QUOTE="Daisuke_2342"]

Wild_Card

both games are great, but id suggest the fallout 3 or maybe better yet fallout new vegas if for no ther reason than you already have skyrim and oblivion while a great game is also set in the same world and in that way is simular while the fallout games are a lolt def. the game play is of course faily simular other than VATS, but the feel of the worlds are drasticly def. fallout 3 and NV have a really dark humor and sorta wacky tone to them. be prepaired in ether case for a pretty notieable drop in graphical quality lol, skyrim had amazing enviroments ect while the fall out games are farly bland being set in a post apocaliptic world ect and also has a lot more jaggies ect, not a huge deal just something u should be ready for ;) im currently in the middle of another fallout NV play through and loveing it ;). fallout 3 is also a great one. in any event make dang sure you patch up! i found the fallout games had less major bugs vs skyrim but a lot more freeze ups and crashs, both got better after some patching but even still they will lock up now and then. so again be ready for that. totaly worth it though if you like that type of game.

I have played fallout 3 a couple of times, its really really good, now some days ago i picked up Oblivion and its fantastic... like he said, the games in gameplay are pretty similar... besides the VATS system... that i found pretty cool :D i believe in Oblivion its more to do... if you like to do side quests and stuff like i do... thats really good, also like he said, the enviroments in Oblivion are really nice and beautiful and in fallout are a bit more... boring, anyways, i found both of the games amazing and im pretty sure when you pick any of them you wont regret it... you can still get the other one after ...

but going back to your question, i would pick fallout 3... ONLY... to change a bit after playing TES... just a lil change of enviroments :)

SolidCLOUD_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidCLOUD_
Member since 2012 • 84 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidCLOUD_"]get Fallout 3, Oblivion doesn't feature trophies, and some DLC is not available on the PS3... but if you don't care about that, still get Fallout 3(and possibly New Vegas) There's a chance you might not like Oblivion since Skyrim is an Action Adventure game compared to it; it is more RPG-heavy. barry000

the only oblivion dlc that isn't available on ps3 is the small dlc like the horse armor so that is no big deal. the trophies is no big deal either because not everybody cares about the trophies. oblivion is still a game worth buying regardless of what it does and doesn't have

There's also the thieves den, mage's tower and fighter's stronghold... each offer a quest and a house for the player, as well as some items... but you're right it's definitely a game worth owning, but you'll get more bang for your buck if you buy it elsewhere.
Bloober_team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bloober_team
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Hard choice because both games are very good. But imo Fallout 3 (or Vegas) has different - better - atmosphere and more enjoyable quests. Especially in the second part of the game. Oblivion = big world, many quests but almost every task is similar to another.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

Daisuke_2342
if you by fallout 3 or new vegas get the version with all the DLC in them.
tgabeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tgabeer
Member since 2012 • 72 Posts
Both are nice too, but I'd choose TES
kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

If I were you I would get both, those games are really good.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
fallout 3. the combat is better than oblivion. oblivion is unbalanced and boring. dont be deceived by the world
Sonysosupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sonysosupreme
Member since 2012 • 75 Posts
Fallout 3, cheaper and a better game. But I would get the game of the year edition, add ons are fun, especially broken steel
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Well, I,ve played both of them extensively, for me oblivion is much much better, but you couldnt go wrong with either one.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i think people need to stop comparing oblivion to skyrim, when there nothing a like set in the same realm but oblivion is by far a better game, so much to do, and the towns are great, fallout 3 was alright but the world did bore me and the glitches were so bad, i felt oblivion just gave me lots of ways to play the game and different routes, like become a murderer, become a theif become a knight, or become a gladiator, i just loved it.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Depends...

Do you want an epic open-world game where you shoot stuff or do you want an epic open-world game where you slash stuff and cast magic?

stefanosrodos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stefanosrodos
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Oblivion is considered a better game (though I enjoyed FO3 most) , but it's RPG elements are considered fairly weak, you can abuse the leveling system and get an overpowered char early in the game, also the main storyline and most of the side quests are weak (except the guild questlines). FO3 may not be as big as Oblivion but it certainly is a more quality game. It has better questlines, better combat system and some pretty good DLC's that you can get with the GOTY edition

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Fallout 3 is the better game all around, unless you just prefer swords/axes/bow&arrow/magic, stuff like that. Oblivion has a really bad leveling system where all the enemies scale with you throughout the game, so even though you might be fighting higher level enemies, it never really feels like it.

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
Fallout is an amazing series. Reallly fun to craft different weapons, the world is cool and dungeons are fun. I just prefer the post apocalyptic atmosphere over the middle ages.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Fallout 3" mouth-mambos the junk. "Oblivion", no contest.