This topic is locked from further discussion.

Steelers05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Steelers05
Member since 2008 • 202 Posts
I haven't played any of the other Fallout games and was wondering if this game would be easy to get into without playing any of the other games first.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Ilke every RPG, is not something you can just jump into and expect to know it all... but eventually you'll get it.
DeeJay-88-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DeeJay-88-
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
i have yet to play any of the fallout games either, bt i do love rpg's

i am so looking forward to getting this game
onthalookout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 onthalookout
Member since 2005 • 1123 Posts
Fallout is a RPG??? I thought it was a real time shooter! Where you could pause the game and blow body parts off, do I got the wrong game?
DeeJay-88-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DeeJay-88-
Fallout is a RPG??? I thought it was a real time shooter! Where you could pause the game and blow body parts off, do I got the wrong game?onthalookout
it is a shooter, but it had alot of rpg elements too so its like a shooter rpg
Radiohead85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Radiohead85
Member since 2003 • 3068 Posts

If you've played Oblivion, you'll be on very familiar ground with Fallout 3. Same team, same engine...there's a lot of similarities. Not to say that they haven't changed anything, though...they've added tons of stuff to make it stand out on its own, but in terms of basic framework, it will behave a lot like Oblivion.

The story itself isn't all that different from Fallout 1 or 2: You're a survivor leaving one of the Vaults after a nuclear war...the rest of the story follows from there.

I'm sure there will be some callbacks to the previous Fallout games, but not to the point where it really detriments the story. If you like RPGs in any sense, you'll likely be a fan of Fallout 3 as well.

GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="onthalookout"]Fallout is a RPG??? I thought it was a real time shooter! Where you could pause the game and blow body parts off, do I got the wrong game?DeeJay-88-

You got it backwards... RPG with shooter elements

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/fallout3/index.html?tag=topten;coming_soon;7

Oh and JFYI, that guy was just trolling.

DeeJay-88-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeeJay-88-

[QUOTE="DeeJay-88-"][QUOTE="onthalookout"]Fallout is a RPG??? I thought it was a real time shooter! Where you could pause the game and blow body parts off, do I got the wrong game?GreenGoblin2099

You got it backwards... RPG with shooter elements

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/fallout3/index.html?tag=topten;coming_soon;7

Oh and JFYI, that guy was just trolling.

meh, none the less its still going to be a badass game
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
I haven't played any of the other Fallout games and was wondering if this game would be easy to get into without playing any of the other games first.Steelers05
Fallout 3 is pretty much it's own entity. You don't have to have any prior knowledge of the universe to play it.
ungodlyabyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ungodlyabyss
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts
Counting the hours down till this game comes out...
mhsdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mhsdrake
Member since 2007 • 3091 Posts
No its barely related to the first 2 fallout games at all. The game looks very good but for some reason i dont think ill get it. I don't think that the 'wasteland' presentation is pretty enough for me:P
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts
All you need to know is it's set in like a post-nuclear apocalyptic world. That's about it. I think the story line is completely fresh and filled with new people, so you should be fine. Final Fantasy has a new cast, setting, and story in almost every single game (except X-2).
DeeJay-88-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeeJay-88-
All you need to know is it's set in like a post-nuclear apocalyptic world. That's about it. I think the story line is completely fresh and filled with new people, so you should be fine. Final Fantasy has a new cast, setting, and story in almost every single game (except X-2).jubino
your forgetting crisis core:ff7 too my good chum
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GreenGoblin2099

[QUOTE="jubino"]All you need to know is it's set in like a post-nuclear apocalyptic world. That's about it. I think the story line is completely fresh and filled with new people, so you should be fine. Final Fantasy has a new cast, setting, and story in almost every single game (except X-2).DeeJay-88-

In that case, you're forgetting FFVII Dirge of Cerberus, my good chum ;)

DeeJay-88-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeeJay-88-

[QUOTE="DeeJay-88-"][QUOTE="jubino"]All you need to know is it's set in like a post-nuclear apocalyptic world. That's about it. I think the story line is completely fresh and filled with new people, so you should be fine. Final Fantasy has a new cast, setting, and story in almost every single game (except X-2).GreenGoblin2099

In that case, you're forgetting FFVII Dirge of Cerberus, my good chum ;)

lmfao good point, good point
director13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 director13
Member since 2004 • 1677 Posts

If you've played Oblivion, you'll be on very familiar ground with Fallout 3. Same team, same engine...there's a lot of similarities. Not to say that they haven't changed anything, though...they've added tons of stuff to make it stand out on its own, but in terms of basic framework, it will behave a lot like Oblivion.

The story itself isn't all that different from Fallout 1 or 2: You're a survivor leaving one of the Vaults after a nuclear war...the rest of the story follows from there.

I'm sure there will be some callbacks to the previous Fallout games, but not to the point where it really detriments the story. If you like RPGs in any sense, you'll likely be a fan of Fallout 3 as well.

Radiohead85

Hey man, i dont know you, but you listen to Radiohead! Thats great, my favorite band. ever. (sig)

Anyways, back on subject.

If you want to see if youll like Fallout 3, do 2 things:

1) Go to Youtube and watch the 5 gameplay videos by Bethesda

2) Try to play Oblivion (but with just 3 days till FO3), you dont have enought time lol.

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
No its barely related to the first 2 fallout games at all. The game looks very good but for some reason i dont think ill get it. I don't think that the 'wasteland' presentation is pretty enough for me:Pmhsdrake
hahahahaha........it's all about the look to some people. And ontop of that, the game looks great! All Flash and No Substance for you I guess.
Ninja_T-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Ninja_T-Rex
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts

I wasn't a big Oblivion fan. But, that was because the plot line just didn't interest me, and it never did so I never bothered to buy the game. The gameplay was fine. The system was fine. It was just the story.

FO3 obviously has a different plot. But, plays the same, awesome looking game. Can't wait.